Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #3856
Pollito916
Some day my Prince will come and I'll live in the castle...
I do NOT have a Chicaaahgo accent!

Ugh, I am completely exhausted too. And it doesn't help that I started coming down with a cold 2 days ago. DH gave it to me, so he wasn't much help last week or over the weekend, but he is feeling better now, and is cooking for me and even went grocery shopping! He's also great with DS, calls him his "tail" because he follows him everywhere!

Luckily I don't really have morning sickness, just mild nausea. I didn't with DS either, until the 2nd trimester when I got a sinus infection, then I was absolutely miserable. Has anyone taken anything for a cold during the 1st trimester? I have only taken tylenol so far, because I'm not sure I feel safe taking anything else so early.

Charming - at your DD pretending to have morning sickness! Does she know you're pregnant yet?

For those of you that are on your 2nd or more pregnancy, when did you tell the older children? DS will be 3 in less than 2 weeks, and really wants a baby, but has no concept of time. And he repeats everything he is told, so I think I will wait until at least the end of the 1st trimester to tell him so he doesn't tell to many other people!

Those TLC and Discover Health shows are addicting but so bad. I just can't stop watching them either.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #3857
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

Had a fetal assessment again yesterday. It was good, same as the last one. Baby is at the 50th percentile still which is perfect. No issues. I think I will be having assessments every week from now on.

Saw the OB today for the first time, I have another appt. With her for March 8th. If I don't have the baby by then we will be talking options. Goal is to go into labour on my own by then. She said my midwife can strip my membranes to help that going if needed. She also said to have lots you-know-what and lots of walking. I told her this baby is low and pounds on my cervix anyway. I called my midwife after with all the news this week and she said that if she has to strip my membranes I won't like her anymore...LOL

So right now everything is status quo. Can still have a home birth if I want or if I go to the hospital then my midwife is still my primary and will stay that way unless something comes up or if I don't have our baby by 39 weeks.

Got a note to be off of work Feb 15th because the doctor wants me to work hard on controlling my blood sugar and being on more of a regular schedule so I can stay off of insulin.

Plus with baby coming early anyway...

So nothing new. It's all good.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #3858
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran
Dreaming of my Disney honeymoon!
Beware the troll dolls in Norway...they're creepy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmALee View Post
I haven't done any shopping yet either! I've gotten quite a few gifts already, even though I haven't had a shower yet. I'm planning on using my return to get the kind of stuff some people don't think to buy you...soap, lotion, pacifiers, sleepers, socks that kind of stuff. Plus my bedroom/nursery is nowhere near where it needs to be and since my parents will be out of the state (WDW AGAIN! I'm so jealous) the first week of may, also 3 weeks before I'm due I feel like I need to get everything done right away so its not a mad rush to do it all when I'm a beach ball.

I have to tell someone this because it is sooo new to me. I have this friend who happens to be male, not a boyfriend because he's moving and we would rather not commit but a friend who I'm totally in love with and who also is in love with me...who loves my baby too! I really didn't know that some men could be so attached to someone elses child, when we sit by each other he rubs his hand on my belly and when the baby kicks he tries to feel it. He tells me all the time how he can't wait to hold her. I don't know what role he will play in her life, dad or uncle or something like that or just a friend but apparently he wants to be there. I'm so elated about this, it makes my heart just beat so fast! I haven't really told my family any of this because they haven't had the chance to get to know him yet, we've been this way for awhile but due to my current preggers situation I'm not sure how my protective daddy will feel about another guy right now. So I wanted to tell someone and it gets to be you. Thanks for reading!

Wow, congrats on finding someone to share the pregnancy journey with. There are definitely men out there who will love "someone else's" baby. My Mom was pregnant with me and her husband was a real piece of work and left while she was pregnant. When I was maybe a month or so old, Mom's roommate brought over this guy, they were friends and he came over to hang out. I guess he totally ignored Mom's roommate and Mom and held me and played with me all night- I got the first date Long story short he wound up marrying my mom and adopting me, but he's been my Dad since early on. So yes, there are definitely guys like that out there.

Will your baby's biological father be involved in any way?? Mine never was and was only too happy to sign away rights when the time came.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #3859
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Charming View Post
Can I ask something? How are you other first trimester moms coping? I am absolutely EXHAUSTED. I'm a SAHM to a 2.5 year old girl, and OMG, I'm run ragged. I feel terrible that I'm not really "fun mom" right now. I can tell she gets frustrated with me sometimes because I'm not just jumping up to do something, and I'm a lot slower than usual.
Luckily she's taking the morning (all day) sickness pretty well, she just makes periodic stops to the toilet to lean over make "bleh bleh ppppphhhhhhhttt" noises. (Its actually hilarious...)

It was so much easier be pregnant last time when I didn't have a kiddo to take care of. I wish I could ask for help, but other than DH, I don't really have anyone. I so wish I did!!
Okay, the thought of your little one mimicking those noises- Kids are so hilarious sometimes

Yes, it is so much easier being pregnant with your first when you have the time to be a bit more selfish, although with my first I worked until I got put on bedrest, so I had to juggle work demands and schedules with being sick and whatnot. That stunk in it's own way. At least as a SAHM I could wear pj's all day and toss my hair in a ponytail every day and not leave the house unless absolutely necessary.

I hope you're feeling better soon
Old 02-04-2010, 02:16 PM   #3860
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollito916 View Post

For those of you that are on your 2nd or more pregnancy, when did you tell the older children? DS will be 3 in less than 2 weeks, and really wants a baby, but has no concept of time. And he repeats everything he is told, so I think I will wait until at least the end of the 1st trimester to tell him so he doesn't tell to many other people!

We had wanted to wait until as far along as possible to tell people because of my miscarriage last year, but I was so sick that people (like my mom) were beginning to really worry. I figured I'd much rather tell people I was pregnant than to have my mother keep thinking I had stomach cancer or something (i've had precancerous cells already). I dropped close to 30 pounds, vomited constantly, had massive migraines from being so dehydrated and just was completely useless. So, we told the kids (who thought we were joking) and let them tell everyone else.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:09 PM   #3861
vettechick99
Why do I open these threads?
Car Snob
Oh snap, I'm Bree!!
my mom used to call me "gagootz"

We waited until we told everyone else (9w) to tell DD who will be 3 in April. She isn't a blabbermouth per se and doesn't exactly understand the birds in the bees. But we didn't want her to be confused if I lost the baby.

Check out the Official Bonnet Creek Thread or You too can do Disney Pregnant! or Our Budget In-Ground Pool
Old 02-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #3862
Pollito916

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettechick99 View Post
We waited until we told everyone else (9w) to tell DD who will be 3 in April. She isn't a blabbermouth per se and doesn't exactly understand the birds in the bees. But we didn't want her to be confused if I lost the baby.
So did you just tell Scooner last week? How did she react?
Old 02-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #3863
Pollito916

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPT1022 View Post
We had wanted to wait until as far along as possible to tell people because of my miscarriage last year, but I was so sick that people (like my mom) were beginning to really worry. I figured I'd much rather tell people I was pregnant than to have my mother keep thinking I had stomach cancer or something (i've had precancerous cells already). I dropped close to 30 pounds, vomited constantly, had massive migraines from being so dehydrated and just was completely useless. So, we told the kids (who thought we were joking) and let them tell everyone else.
Wow, you had a rough start to the pregnancy. We ordered one of those "I'm the Big Brother" shirts for DS and are planning to tell the rest of the fam after we get it, so he can "tell" them.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #3864
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone! I just found this thread today and I'm excited to find a place to share with other moms to be. I'm due June 12th with our second, a boy. We have one little princess now who will be 7 in March.

So far things are going good, baby is healthy and I'm feeling pretty good although MUCH more tired then I was at this point with DD. I don't remember being this tired in the second trimester or having trouble sleeping yet. Of course I'm 33 this time around and not 26 so I'm sure that makes a difference too.

Anyway, glad I found you guys!
Old 02-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #3865
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt_mom View Post
Hello everyone! I just found this thread today and I'm excited to find a place to share with other moms to be. I'm due June 12th with our second, a boy. We have one little princess now who will be 7 in March.

So far things are going good, baby is healthy and I'm feeling pretty good although MUCH more tired then I was at this point with DD. I don't remember being this tired in the second trimester or having trouble sleeping yet. Of course I'm 33 this time around and not 26 so I'm sure that makes a difference too.

Congratulations and welcome!! June is a great month... my birthday is the 14th

me DH DD and DS
Old 02-04-2010, 09:14 PM   #3866
DMickey28
DIS Veteran
Comes from a very square 1950's Leave it to Beaver type family.
Kaboom! is my new best friend!

Hey guys!!

I can't remember when we told DS but he heard conversations about it. I'd say it wasn't until well into the 2nd tri that he actually understood what we were talking about. Now he knows Baby Ryan is his baby brother and he is the big brother. He is very excited about showing Baby Ryan his toys and his room. We have a bear we got at our U/S that has Baby Ryan's heartbeat in it and DS loves to carry it around and then lay it in Ryan's crib. I think he gets it ... the only downside is that once we picked the name it STUCK. We can't change the name even if we wanted to because Alex would be soooo confused!!

Well, I made a decision on the VBAC vs. RCS. I was going to attempt a VBAC with a c-section scheduled for 40w4d. That decision just wasn't sitting right though ... I did a lot of talking through it with some of my friends (Thanks Guys!!) and my family and decided to schedule the c-section for 39 weeks. I am excited to have a decision and a date. March 22nd!! :-)
DS#1 Alexander Stephen 2.5
DS#2 Ryan Bradford Arrived 3.22.2010 @ 9:58AM 7lbs 13oz 20 inches
Old 02-04-2010, 11:29 PM   #3867
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollito916 View Post
Wow, you had a rough start to the pregnancy. We ordered one of those "I'm the Big Brother" shirts for DS and are planning to tell the rest of the fam after we get it, so he can "tell" them.
It's been a really rough pregnancy in general. I feel SO much better than I did at the beginning but I'm still nauseous a lot and vomiting and all that good stuff, only now I get to add hip and back pain from being all off balance with the belly Oh well, it will be worth it in the end, which is really not all that far off. I will say, that after this experience, I am definitely done. I just cannot imagine going through this again.

I love that you got a big brother t-shirt to tell everyone, that is just too cute. How old is your son??

Quote:

Congratulations and welcome! It is definitely harder being older and being pregnant. My last pregnancy was 6 years ago and even though it was twins I don't remember it being this hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMickey28 View Post
Hey guys!!

I can't remember when we told DS but he heard conversations about it. I'd say it wasn't until well into the 2nd tri that he actually understood what we were talking about. Now he knows Baby Ryan is his baby brother and he is the big brother. He is very excited about showing Baby Ryan his toys and his room. We have a bear we got at our U/S that has Baby Ryan's heartbeat in it and DS loves to carry it around and then lay it in Ryan's crib. I think he gets it ... the only downside is that once we picked the name it STUCK. We can't change the name even if we wanted to because Alex would be soooo confused!!

Well, I made a decision on the VBAC vs. RCS. I was going to attempt a VBAC with a c-section scheduled for 40w4d. That decision just wasn't sitting right though ... I did a lot of talking through it with some of my friends (Thanks Guys!!) and my family and decided to schedule the c-section for 39 weeks. I am excited to have a decision and a date. March 22nd!! :-)
So adorable that your son is so excited!!

Congrats on making a decision, I know it couldn't have been an easy decision but you need to go with your gut and what feels right. The benefit of a scheduled C is that it should be easier to make arrangements for your little one.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:09 AM   #3868
EmALee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPT1022 View Post
Wow, congrats on finding someone to share the pregnancy journey with. There are definitely men out there who will love "someone else's" baby. My Mom was pregnant with me and her husband was a real piece of work and left while she was pregnant. When I was maybe a month or so old, Mom's roommate brought over this guy, they were friends and he came over to hang out. I guess he totally ignored Mom's roommate and Mom and held me and played with me all night- I got the first date Long story short he wound up marrying my mom and adopting me, but he's been my Dad since early on. So yes, there are definitely guys like that out there.

Will your baby's biological father be involved in any way?? Mine never was and was only too happy to sign away rights when the time came.

Thanks for the story, that's so cute! I'm hoping for an ending like that.

I don't know if he'll be involved, he ran off in month 2 of my pregnancy and as far as I'm hearing he thinks it isn't his. I know it's wrong of me to say this because I think every child should have a dad, but I'm hoping he will sign away his rights too. He's gotten into drugs and alcohol and is dangerous when angry, its not a safe environment for a child. His parents are just as bad so I'm hoping to never have to go through a custody battle. Its one of my major stresses.

Paul Emily Maria (8) Bella (6) Allie (2)
Old 02-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #3869
Nette
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Congrats! Sounds like you and I are in almost the same boat. I was 26 with DD (who will be 8 right after this baby is born) and 34 now with #2. I am definitely not as "high" on pregnancy as I was the first time around. In fact, I think the whole thing is a drag and am ready for a payoff! At least then there will be a REASON I don't sleep at night.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #3870
Ciciwoowoo
we would both run like heck to get home before the ghosts got us!

I happily went to my last perinatologist appointment today. Yay!!!

Today's appointment at the OB was also my last until after the baby is born!

I have one more NST on Monday, and then show up Tuesday at 6:30 am for my C section. Can't believe how close it is now!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: