Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 06:40 PM   #3826
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

Hulagirl,

Some of the best child advice I ever got was:

"This too shall pass"

and

"Roll with the punches"

Helped me get through some of those tough newborn days and beyond.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:10 PM   #3827
EeyoreEma
DIS Veteran

Hi all - I guess I'm joining you. We have 2 little ones (almost 4 and almost 2), and will be due I think Oct 7 with this one, though I'm almost certain he/she will be a Sept. baby. I've had 2 m/c before, so I'm not fully sure that I'll even make it that far. It's taking a while for this to sink in - dh wanted a 3rd, I was really on the fence until we tried again when I realized maybe I really just wanted to stick with 2 and now I'm trying to calm down and "get happy" about things. And wouldn't you know - one of the first things I thought of when I realized a 3rd kid may come along was "wow - that will really limit the number of Disney resorts we can stay at." Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2010, 07:35 PM   #3828
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

EeyoreEma!!!

casumners ... due February 2... It's a surprise!
Ciciwoowoo ... due February 9... It's a boy!
trmcguire ... due February 14... It's a girl!
hulagirl87 ... due March 5... It's a girl!
arubio0801 ... due March 8... It's a boy!
KikiMouse ... due March 14... It's a girl!
karenj2 ... due March 14... It's a surprise!
DMickey28 ... due March 30... It's a boy!
ZPT1022 ... due April 10... It's a surprise!
MommaMouse411 ... due April 18... It's a boy!
Lindsey22 ... due April 21... It's a girl!
WDWAurora ... due May 4... It's a boy!
EmALee ... due May 22... It's a girl!
Sherry7 ... due May 25... It's a girl!
mla973 ... due June 9... It's a surprise!
phragmipedium ... due June 10... It's a surprise!
lilianddomsmom ... due June 20... It's a girl!
LaurenLC ... due June 28... It's a surprise!
CaveCricket ... due July 7... It's a surprise!
Nette ... due July 9... It's a surprise!
Locolala ... due July 12... It's a girl!
Milmore104 ... due July 31... It's a surprise!
TarzanKat ... due July 31... It's a surprise!
pixiegoose ... due August 5... It's a surprise!
JennandNelsonRego ... due August 10... It's a surprise!
FoundMyPrince ... due August 12... It's a surprise!

Vettechick99 ... due August 21... It's a surprise!
Piecey ... due August 31... It's a surprise!
Mrs. Charming ... due September 7... It's a surprise!
Gabes_Mommy ... due September 10... It's a surprise!
Pollito916 ... due September 28th... It's a surprise!
EeyoreEma ... due October 7th... It's a surprise!
Old 02-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #3829
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKi Mouse View Post
Hulagirl,

Some of the best child advice I ever got was:

"This too shall pass"

and

"Roll with the punches"

Helped me get through some of those tough newborn days and beyond.

Thank you 2 very good sayings to keep in mind

me DH DD and DS
Old 02-01-2010, 10:42 AM   #3830
Lindsay22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKi Mouse View Post
Just wanted to send my hugs too.
How many weeks are you now?
Thanks girls. I'm 28 1/2 weeks right now. I've also started to come up with a zillion questions so I need to call the dr. today. Currently I'm wondering about her brain... if the size of her brain is in the 5th percentile, does that mean that she'll be learning disabled? Have other problems?
The dr. also said that my diet or exercise doesn't have anything to do with this, but I still had a very hard time going for a run yesterday. The whole time I was thinking that I was burning calories that should go to Spike... I almost didn't go, but DH reminded me that I'm always much less stressed after a run.

Congrats on the engagement CiCi!!! How exciting! I wish I could wear my engagement ring. It hasn't fit since about 9 weeks.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #3831
Mrs. Charming
I'm not your entertainment, get a life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciciwoowoo View Post
I keep hoping for the best! How is your little girl doing?

I had the best breakfast this morning... We went out to breakfast with my family and at the end of the meal, my sweetie gave me an engagement ring!!!

I know, we are doing things a bit backwards, but hey, I got the ring before the baby was born!
Congrats!!
DD3 is a BIG SISTER! ...and now has a brand new little BROTHER!
Old 02-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #3832
Ciciwoowoo
we would both run like heck to get home before the ghosts got us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Congratulations!! That is awesome!!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulagirl87 View Post
YAY! How exciting! Congratulations to you!!!

I went out to lunch with my sister in law today and ended up asking her a ton of baby questions ( my niece is almost 2) but ended up being more scared about things than before! I'm coming to terms with the fact that I will not know everything and just need to take things as they come
One important piece of advice...kids are pretty resilient and you would have to do something pretty bad to break them. You just go with what works, trial and error. If the baby cries, it won't be the end of the world, you'll figure it out!!!

And thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay22 View Post
Thanks girls. I'm 28 1/2 weeks right now. I've also started to come up with a zillion questions so I need to call the dr. today. Currently I'm wondering about her brain... if the size of her brain is in the 5th percentile, does that mean that she'll be learning disabled? Have other problems?
The dr. also said that my diet or exercise doesn't have anything to do with this, but I still had a very hard time going for a run yesterday. The whole time I was thinking that I was burning calories that should go to Spike... I almost didn't go, but DH reminded me that I'm always much less stressed after a run.

Congrats on the engagement CiCi!!! How exciting! I wish I could wear my engagement ring. It hasn't fit since about 9 weeks.
Thank you! I can wear it for a bit, but had to take it off last night because my fingers were swollen... LOL. I wonder if when I'm done, will it need to be resized?

I don't think just because the baby is 5th percentile means the brain is small. To be honest, my so was in the 5th percentile for most of his early childhood and you should see how big he is now!!! He's almost 13, 5'5 and 150. He's a giant child! We'll keep thinking positive thoughts for you... You just may have a lil peanut now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Charming View Post
Congrats!!
Thank you!!!

I went to my Monday morning doctor appointments and things are still good. We are still set for next Tuesday's scheduled C. I keep telling them I'm ready now but they won't listen! LOL
Old 02-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #3833
EmALee
Mouseketeer

Hi ladies,

Congrats to all of the new mommies!

Welcome to the mommies to be!

I have been experiencing so many new things lately...hard kicks, which feel weird but amazing! Hip pain at night very frequently which sucks, I toss and turn all night. I've tried pillows under the belly and in between my knees and nothing works, I still end up tossing and turning. My boss made me giggle at work yesterday though, I'm roughly 6 months now and she won't let me lift anything over 10 lbs...I was so amused! I'm sure my doctor will find it funny on Friday too. Well I hope everything is going well for everyone...I think we all need to have our pregnancies be fast forwarded too. I am so ready to just have my little girl here with me.

PS Can anyone tell me how to put a pic in a post? I can't figure it out and I want to post an U/S pic.

Paul Emily Maria (8) Bella (6) Allie (2)

Last edited by EmALee; 02-02-2010 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Didn't post right
Old 02-02-2010, 07:16 PM   #3834
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

You need to upload it to a place like Facebook/Photobucket, etc.

Get the URL of the image (you can do this by right clicking it and selecting "Copy Image Location"

Then whenever you go to type your reply click on the little picture of a mountain. it asks for the URL of the image and it'll automatically do the HTML to include the picture in your post.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #3835
EmALee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
You need to upload it to a place like Facebook/Photobucket, etc.

Get the URL of the image (you can do this by right clicking it and selecting "Copy Image Location"

Then whenever you go to type your reply click on the little picture of a mountain. it asks for the URL of the image and it'll automatically do the HTML to include the picture in your post.

Thanks Piecey!

So here's my little Allison Siarra

Paul Emily Maria (8) Bella (6) Allie (2)
Old 02-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #3836
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran
Dreaming of my Disney honeymoon!
Beware the troll dolls in Norway...they're creepy!

Quote:
Oh gosh! I am glad to hear your son is doing better now. The blood in the urine would scare me silly! I think I will follow your advice and give the peds a call this week. My normal ped for my son is out on maternity leave right now. She is due this weekend, in fact! I will be seeing someone else in her office until she returns. At least I feel comfortable with the office I go to so it should help, I hope!
Good luck getting everything set up! I really hope for you guys that it turns out to be nothing but hopefully it will ease your mind a bit just knowing that everything is set up to be dealt with ASAP.

How neat will it be that your ped is basically going through all the same baby stages you are at the same time!??! It will be nice to have someone who really understands exactly where you're at as the baby grows.

Quote:
I keep hoping for the best! How is your little girl doing?

I had the best breakfast this morning... We went out to breakfast with my family and at the end of the meal, my sweetie gave me an engagement ring!!!

I know, we are doing things a bit backwards, but hey, I got the ring before the baby was born!
Congratulations!! What an exciting time for you. And hey, who cares about things being "backwards". DH and I had our first before we were married but we'd already been together for 5 years and living together too, so it didn't really seem out of place to us. So, have you thought about wedding plans at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulagirl87 View Post
YAY! How exciting! Congratulations to you!!!

I went out to lunch with my sister in law today and ended up asking her a ton of baby questions ( my niece is almost 2) but ended up being more scared about things than before! I'm coming to terms with the fact that I will not know everything and just need to take things as they come
You'll be surprised how many things are just intuitive, and you'll also be surprised just how badly you can mess things up and still have them turn out okay (something I have to keep in mind when I watch DH doing things "wrong", aka not my way ) I don't know if it makes you feel any better at all but the baby I'm expecting will be child #4 and in some ways I still feel nervous. Let's blame it all on pregnancy hormones

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeyoreEma View Post
Hi all - I guess I'm joining you. We have 2 little ones (almost 4 and almost 2), and will be due I think Oct 7 with this one, though I'm almost certain he/she will be a Sept. baby. I've had 2 m/c before, so I'm not fully sure that I'll even make it that far. It's taking a while for this to sink in - dh wanted a 3rd, I was really on the fence until we tried again when I realized maybe I really just wanted to stick with 2 and now I'm trying to calm down and "get happy" about things. And wouldn't you know - one of the first things I thought of when I realized a 3rd kid may come along was "wow - that will really limit the number of Disney resorts we can stay at." Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.
Congratulations!! The little one that I'm expecting now is also a pregnancy after miscarriage and I felt/still feel like I have a hard time being as excited as I was about my first two pregnancies. I think that it just goes along with having a loss, you're much less "excited" and more "cautiously optimistic"

LOL about the resorts, we had some of those thoughts the first trip we planned as a family of five. It won't really affect anything until the baby is 3 as under 3 can stay in a pack and play and not count towards your room total, but yes, doing things as a family of five definitely takes a bit more planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay22 View Post

I wouldn't necessarily think that brain size meant anything about mental capacity. Maybe you are just having a little peanut of a baby. How big are you? If you're not a big person, it would make sense that your baby could be petite as well. As for the running, I'd still go, it sounds like you need the stress relief, but maybe you could balance it by having a protein shake when you come home? How did your call to the dr go? Was he or she able to settle your mind a bit?
Old 02-02-2010, 11:55 PM   #3837
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmALee View Post

Thanks Piecey!

So here's my little Allison Siarra
Wow, another great picture!
Old 02-02-2010, 11:58 PM   #3838
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran

Someone posted a thread on the budget board looking for a nice but inexpensive baby gift and was given this suggestion/discount code. It's for a free udder cover, just pay shipping. I ordered one tonight, it was just under $10 for shipping. What a great deal. Normally I'm not big on nursing covers but I think in the summer it will be nice to have so I can still wear my comfy sundresses without having to expose myself when Baby needs to eat. Anyhow, here it is and hope someone else can benefit from this :

Quote:
If she's a nursing mom, you can get a nursing cover for about $10 from uddercovers.com. Just use the code "onefree" at the checkout, and pay shipping and handling.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #3839
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran

I just got back from a tummy check appointment. The doctor was running on time this time, thank goodness! My Beta strep test came back positive so they said that I will need to take antibiotics when I am at the hospital in labor. Anyone else need to do this?

Everything else was ok. Got to hear the heartbeat which is always a great sound! My appointments now go to every week! Every Friday starting next week. Wow! It's getting down to the wire. Almost time to meet baby girl!

edited to add: don't google Beta Strep. I just read a lot of information that I didn't want to and now am freaked out!

me DH DD and DS

Last edited by hulagirl87; 02-03-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:21 AM   #3840
locolala
Ketchup doesn't belong in your nose!

Things are going well here! Definately feeling movement, she's a wiggleworm still! I woke up suddenly (DH's phone went off and scared the crud outta me) and she woke up suddenly too, kicking the carp out of me. My mom and I went shopping yesterday and picked out my stroller set! We're getting the Chicco Cortina in adventure, which is a green/grey/white combo. It's SO pretty! I drove the stroller around the whole store, it's really nice. I can fold it up and lift it by myself which is really important for me. Mom is buying the travel system, and my dad is buying the play yard that matches. Mom also is buying the bedding set, which is purple with butterflies all over it.

So.. all in all.. EXCITED!! I can't wait to meet Aline :D
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: