Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #3796
LaurenLC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollito916 View Post
I just found out I need to go on a short business trip next month, but I can't remember if it's ok to walk through the airport scanners during the 1st trimester. Does anyone here know?
Unless it's one of the new x-ray ones you should be fine... If it is one of the newer ones explain that you're pregnant and they'll 'wand' you. I know this because I had the same question a couple of months ago.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #3797
WDWAurora
I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'm Patrick's...And his princess...Can Tink be a princess? Please?

I passed my 1hr glucose screener! WOOHOO!!! I can't even tell you guys how thrilled I am that I not only do not have to do the 3hr, but I don't have to change my diet!! I have been a fruit-a-holic the past little bit, and I don't know what I'd do if I were limited on fruits.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #3798
Pollito916
Some day my Prince will come and I'll live in the castle...
I do NOT have a Chicaaahgo accent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay22 View Post
I hope it's okay... I walked thru them during my first trimester and my second.
I know I did with the last pregnancy as well, but I seem to remember someone telling me I shouldn't have, but don't remember the reason for it. Maybe I'll try some googling.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:04 PM   #3799
Pollito916

For anyone interested, I just found this article on the safety of airport scanners:

http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-...-while_2616.bc
Old 01-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #3800
locolala
Ketchup doesn't belong in your nose!

Thought you ladies would like to see the most recent u/s!! She's changed so much in a month, it's CRAZY!!

Old 01-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #3801
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

Loclala,

That's SO cute

As for the airport scanners...I have been through many at different stages of pregnancy with different babies and honestly haven't given it much thought. I guess it's because I didn't see any warnings. Now I feel dumb.

I'm 33 wks now and I am having a really hard time sleeping. Last night was a typical night for me:

bed at 2300, up at 0100 to pee, lay on my right side because my left hip is killing me, up at 0400 to pee again, lay on my left side again because my right hip is really sore. Wake up cranky, tired, and sore.

Anybody else dealing with hip pain like this and what helped?
Old 01-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #3802
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Hmm.

I flew when I was about 16 weeks with Lucas and didn't think about it either.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #3803
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKi Mouse View Post

I'm 33 wks now and I am having a really hard time sleeping. Last night was a typical night for me:

bed at 2300, up at 0100 to pee, lay on my right side because my left hip is killing me, up at 0400 to pee again, lay on my left side again because my right hip is really sore. Wake up cranky, tired, and sore.

Anybody else dealing with hip pain like this and what helped?
I definitely have hip pain!!! I have not slept through the night at all since I have been pregnant. My hip pain started in the second trimester. I toss and turn from side to side, get up to go to the bathroom and when I come back have to decide which side hurts less to lay down again. I sleep on the couch now because I can't get comfortable in bed and think that I annoy DH but he says I don't.

Last night I woke up 6 times and finally woke up at 3:43 am and was up from then on. I did take a 45 minute nap around 2 today but man, nighttime is hard!!! I actually get annoyed when it is "bedtime". I lay down and just hope that morning comes. Some nights I wake up every hour. It's hard because I know when the baby comes that I won't be sleeping then either. I want a good nights sleep!!!

me DH DD and DS
Old 01-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #3804
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

hulagirl,

I too have gotten to the point of dreading bedtime because I feel like "what's the point". I would like some sleep now as I know the 2 hour newborn schedule is going to kill me.

DH doesn't wake up at all. I guess that is a good thing.

I work shift work and right now I don't work past 0230 so when I come home the dog barks and DH doesn't hear it. I always tell him I could be dead in the backyard for hours before he notices.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:02 PM   #3805
Pollito916

locolala - Nice u/s pic, she looks so long and skinny!

Kiki Mouse - don't feel dumb about the airport scanners, we've all done it. I did it with my first DS and didn't think twice about it. I just remembered somebody else lecturing me about it AFTER I did it. It doesn't sound like it's a big deal anyway. As for the hip pain, have you asked your OB about it? I have heard it can be pretty common.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:35 PM   #3806
DMickey28
DIS Veteran
Comes from a very square 1950's Leave it to Beaver type family.
Kaboom! is my new best friend!

I have a lot of hip pain as well. Do you guys use pillows? I have found that having a pillow between my knees, but pulled up high and another pillow in the front that I can "lean" forward on helps. Gives me the feeling of laying on my stomach but not laying on my stomach. I switch sides and I admit to sleeping on my back if I have to for a little while. I will usually put one of those pillows under one hip so that I am not flat. It seems to help ...

Also, towards the end with DS and now with this one, I take Unisom before bed. I have to. My doctor ok'd it and I try to only do it a few nights a week but otherwise I'd be a zoombie. Since my 2.5 year old seems to have gone through a phase of giving up naps I need sleep at night or else I'd lose it. I am not good on patience. My prior OB did not Ok the Unisom (but I researched it and did it anyway) but he did ok a normal glass of red wine before bed every night. DH wouldn't let me do that so we looked into Unisom and decided to do that instead.

Now that DS isn't napping he is sleeping through the night which is allowing me to get a decent night sleep .... last night I was out by 10:15, up at 12 to pee and then up at 6am to pee and up at 8am for good. HEAVEN for me.
DS#1 Alexander Stephen 2.5
DS#2 Ryan Bradford Arrived 3.22.2010 @ 9:58AM 7lbs 13oz 20 inches
Old 01-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #3807
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

I put a pillow under my tummy for when I lay on my left side but when I flip over it's the edge of the bed. I tried the pillows between my legs but they fall out. I called a medical supply place and they have pillows that have straps so you can strap them to a leg to keep them in place. That's fine if you aren't up every 2 hours to pee...LOL

Good times.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:43 PM   #3808
Ciciwoowoo
we would both run like heck to get home before the ghosts got us!

I am definitely in the up every 2 hours club too! I think the little guy is dropping, or has dropped, because there are times now I have to walk bent over because he's sooo severely on my bladder!

I read somewhere it is your body getting used to the baby's schedule.. LOL

I am off of work now, so I seem to take a lot of short naps during the day. I am awake every morning by 5 am. I'm kind of in a holding pattern now. Ready for the little guy to come!
Old 01-28-2010, 10:54 PM   #3809
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran
Dreaming of my Disney honeymoon!
Beware the troll dolls in Norway...they're creepy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciciwoowoo View Post
Sorry to hear that things are icky...but hey, you've got less than 10 weeks to go, right? Its hard not to stress out over getting things done, but trust me, you will get them done! And if the baby comes home to a less than perfect nursery, life won't end. Taking care of you and the baby is most important!!!

Good luck with the BP. I had pre-eclampsia with the first and with this one, its hypertention. Pre eclampsia is tricky because if is creeps too high or you are in less than great shape, they will take the baby early. So rest rest rest!!! Lay on your left side as much as you can. Every day you give that babe inside of you is a day he or she is going to be healthier.

It will be over soon!!! Keep thinking happy healthy baby thoughts!
Thanks! Didn't mean to unload like that, it's just been a long 7 or so months so far. I'm pretty sure that any mom knows that feeling.

I've had the high blood pressure with my other two term pregnancies so I'm trying to relax and take it easy, as much as I wouldn't mind a 37 or 38 weeker I know I definitely don't want Baby to come at only 30 weeks. Yikes.

I think part of my feeling unfinished is that we chose not to find out the baby's gender, so we haven't settled on a name, haven't bought too many clothes, etc.... This is Baby #4 so I'm not worried about perfect nursery or anything, actually, I'm pretty laid back about it- I know we'll just put baby in our room for the first 6 or more months anyhow. I don't even plan to buy a crib before we need it (we have a bassinet that we used with the others). The other part of the freak out is needing to buy a new car, which we should be taking care of in the next few weeks but yuck, that is just a chore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulagirl87 View Post
I definitely have hip pain!!! I have not slept through the night at all since I have been pregnant. My hip pain started in the second trimester. I toss and turn from side to side, get up to go to the bathroom and when I come back have to decide which side hurts less to lay down again. I sleep on the couch now because I can't get comfortable in bed and think that I annoy DH but he says I don't.

Last night I woke up 6 times and finally woke up at 3:43 am and was up from then on. I did take a 45 minute nap around 2 today but man, nighttime is hard!!! I actually get annoyed when it is "bedtime". I lay down and just hope that morning comes. Some nights I wake up every hour. It's hard because I know when the baby comes that I won't be sleeping then either. I want a good nights sleep!!!

This sounds so familiar! The hip pain, the tossing and turning to get comfy, the peeing. Also familiar with the feeling that I should be enjoying sleep while I can, before I have the demands of a newborn, but it's easier said than done. My big kids are in school all day, I get up and get them ready and DH puts them on the bus. Most days I lay back down (they leave at 6:15 am) but then I feel bad if I sleep too late, like I wasted the day. Can't win
Old 01-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #3810
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran
Dreaming of my Disney honeymoon!
Beware the troll dolls in Norway...they're creepy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolala View Post
Thought you ladies would like to see the most recent u/s!! She's changed so much in a month, it's CRAZY!!

What a great picture! We seem to only get these crazy can't tell exactly what it is kind of pics

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: