Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 03:00 PM   #3766
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

BabyTigger - Good luck tonight! I hope your labor goes smoothly and quickly for you.

Well that was Joey who posted for me earlier, though I see he didn't identify himself like I suggested. I'm sure you're all just dying to hear about my labor so here it is.

I think I mentioned that my OB worked with my husband Friday and told him to just have me come in Saturday, he'd be there all day, and we would just get an induction going. Well our hospital doesn't do inductions on weekends, so my OB had to fudge some stuff to get me admitted (as the charge nurse Saturday is one whom no one likes and she was getting militant about me not being in labor). So cervix was totally closed, 50% effaced (if that...), baby at -3, and though I was contracting steadily Friday and Saturday morning, they were about 8 minutes apart and not very strong. My OB then did an ultrasound where he decided the fluid was low enough to get me into labor. This was around 9:45am.

11:30am they put in Cervidil and within 20 minutes or so I was contracting regularly and decently strong. At 3pm they checked me and I was at 3cm, contracting every 2-3 minutes, but baby still -3. But it was enough progress that they took out the Cervidil and let me labor on my own. Contractions stayed strong and frequent, but at 6pm I was only 4.5cm, which they found a little odd given that this was baby #3 and I should have been moving a bit faster. They let me keep going on my own though, no pitocin/cervidil/water breaking, which was nice.

The contractions, while they were strong and frequent, were not all that painful, but when I realized around 8pm that I likely had another 10 hours or so to go, I decided to get an epi so I could take a nap cause I was exhausted. (My husband woke up around 5am Sat morning, which woke me up as well.) After they put in the epi, the OB intern came in and said she was going to break my water to speed things up, but before she did that she checked me again for dilation/baby's presentation. I was still only about 5cm (it was after 9pm), but then she said she thought she felt the umbilical cord and was getting her chief resident to check. OB chief came in and said the baby's arm and cord were presenting first and she was getting the attending.

Things moved kinda fast then, with my OB explaining that if they broke my water that cord would come rushing out before the head and we'd be in an emergency c-section with the baby out within 2 minutes. He sort of gave us the option of waiting it out to see if my water broke on its own, hoping the baby moved beforehand, and risk having a stat c-section with the baby in distress or to just consent to the c-section and do it in a calm, rational manner. So clearly there was no real choice there, we told them to get the OR going and I was back there at 9:40pm.

My biggest gripe here was not about actually having the c-section, but I kept thinking that maybe if we didn't induce labor and waited till it happened naturally that she wouldn't have been in such danger, so tons of mommy guilt. And I also thought about my 2nd pregnancy where my water broke at home and if that had been my son's presentation, or it happened with this baby, they would not have survived. But I had to put that aside pretty quickly and focus on what was actually happening, which helped quite a bit.

So she was out at 10:03pm (oddly enough, my son was born at 10:03am), healthy and yelling, with the stats my husband and Patsy posted above. They did make an attempt for me to see her, and they let Joey hold her and stuff, but I was really shaking a lot and sort of delirious so my attention was minimal. The one thing I was totally unprepared for was the amount of pain involved after the baby was out, which I guess was from something my husband called "bladder clasps" or something like that. Not just the pressure like pulling out the baby, but it was actually sorta painful, which was weird cause I was so numb. I also didn't realize it would take a good 45 minutes to sew me back up.

So we're both fine now, but the recovery is definitely different this time. I guess I wouldn't say worse than my other deliveries, but very different. Of course there is the incision site pain when I stand, walk too fast, etc., but there's no v-pain from pushing/tearing so it's a trade off. But getting up that first time was insane, that pain was crazy. And that pain mentioned above, when they were stitching me. Seriously, that stuff combined, if I had to have a c-section with my 1st, I would have reconsidered having 3 kids. My OB told me the incision is great and if I want to have a VBAC with my next kid it would be totally fine and I just stared at him and said "No way, this is it, I am done, totally done." Of course, my husband was anyway , so that works out well.

I coughed earlier and took a Percocet cause the coughing made me feel like I was dying, so now I am sleepy and since my husband just went home to get a change of clothes, I think I'll nap. He pretty much got the day off today, which was nice. He had to get his case started this morning, but the attending he was working with was the same one who did my epi and told my husband he should really spend the day with me, not in the OR, so he let him go after that. He's on the schedule for tomorrow but should be able to get out around noon and will be able to take me home after that. Of course, if the baby came just 2 hours later, I'd get another day, but no such luck. It's just as well though cause I do need to get back to my other kids as my daughter was crying last night that she missed me and I felt terrible. My husband and mom were with them all day, but I guess it's still all confusing to a 5yo.

Oh yeah, and my clever husband was very elusive with her name from what I hear, but it is Scarlett Elizabeth. Apparently he thought it would be funny to announce that we picked a name but not what it was. And he sort of just started telling people that was the name so I figured "Fine, if you really hate Tierney that much we'll go with Scarlett." Luckily I liked both.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #3767
cappygirl
Mouseketeer

Congratulations Justhat!

If it makes you feel any better - we can be in pain together!
I get my staples out tomorrow - hoping things get easier after that.
Just keep taking that percocet and feel better soon.
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #3768
BabyTigger99
The most beautiful words in the world?
Complete Remission!!!!

I love that song!!!! But it just drips of gouda!!!

Well, I am at the hospital right now. Cervadil was started about 30 minutes ago. I was 95% effaced, and about 3 cm dialated. So some time tomorrow, Elliott should be here! Now I am just ready to settle in for a loooong night.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #3769
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

that is so exciting babytigger!!

Can't wait to hear about it!!

I had my ultrasound tonight. MY guestimate of a due date was right on- baby measured 8w6d. They found a heartbeat, there is only one, so all in all things were very successful!

*they were out of film so the ultrasound tech had DH take a picture with his phone. She told me to stop by after one of my OB appts (my OB's office is in the hospital) and see her and she'll print me some off.
SHe remembered me and asked about Lucas so that was pretty cool.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:51 PM   #3770
locolala
Ketchup doesn't belong in your nose!

So glad everyone is doing well! Things here are much better, my antibiotics finally kicked in and I can breathe again. I have an appointment tomorrow to have my cervial length checked, then I have to wait til the 10th to see if they can tell if this lil worm is a girl or a boy. We have picked out names, btw. Aline Morrigan for a girl and Vincent Gabriel for a boy. SOOO excited!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:05 AM   #3771
Ciciwoowoo
we would both run like heck to get home before the ghosts got us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
I had the baby. C/S for prolapsed cord...Saturday night. We're all doing well and baby's fine. 8lbs 1.4 oz, 20.7 inches in length. stiill in hospital.
I'm so glad to hear you and the baby are well! You did exactly the right thing... Trust me, the doctors would NOT let you do something they didn't want you to do, so no guilt! You have a healthy baby and that is what counts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTigger99 View Post
Well, I am at the hospital right now. Cervadil was started about 30 minutes ago. I was 95% effaced, and about 3 cm dialated. So some time tomorrow, Elliott should be here! Now I am just ready to settle in for a loooong night.
Good luck to you!!! Can't wait to hear all about Baby Elliott!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:09 AM   #3772
Ciciwoowoo
we would both run like heck to get home before the ghosts got us!

My little update:

Went to the OB's yesterday...she said she wanted to take the baby today! But she wanted me to consult with my perinatologist first... so I went to the hospital for my NST and the off to see the peri. She said I am doing well, tests all came back fine, and she wants to wait until Feb. 9th still.

I was rather relieved because I still feel like I'm not ready yet and I would have had to have an amnio, which I was not a fan of.

At least I have my bags packed for the hospital now. I need to get my honey to put the swing and pack and play together still. I'm going to be using the pack and play as my bassinett in my bedroom so I also have to make sure I move things around to make it fit!

I can't believe how fast things are going now!!!

I love reading all the happy news and stories everyone here is sharing!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #3773
BabyTigger99
The most beautiful words in the world?
Complete Remission!!!!

I love that song!!!! But it just drips of gouda!!!

Elliott Baylor (yup, different middle name from my ticker!) is here! Born at 7:03 this morning, weighing in at 6 pounds, 14 ounces, and 19 and a half inches long.

I will give my birth story later! I am in heaven! And tired!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #3774
Lindsay22
DIS Veteran

Welcome Scarlett and Elliot!

Other than getting a special pillow (which I already have) is there anything you can recommend for lower back pain? I don't know if I can deal with this for three more months!

Old 01-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #3775
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Baby Elliott Baylor! 6lbs 4oz, 19.5"!!!

BabyTigger99 ... due January 30... It's a boy!

casumners ... due February 2... It's a surprise!
Ciciwoowoo ... due February 9... It's a boy!
trmcguire ... due February 14... It's a girl!
hulagirl87 ... due March 5... It's a girl!
arubio0801 ... due March 8... It's a boy!
KikiMouse ... due March 14... It's a girl!
karenj2 ... due March 14... It's a surprise!
DMickey28 ... due March 30... It's a boy!
ZPT1022 ... due April 10... It's a surprise!
MommaMouse411 ... due April 18... It's a boy!
Lindsey22 ... due April 21... It's a girl!
WDWAurora ... due May 4... It's a boy!
EmALee ... due May 22... It's a girl!
Sherry7 ... due May 25... It's a girl!
mla973 ... due June 9... It's a surprise!
phragmipedium ... due June 10... It's a surprise!
lilianddomsmom ... due June 20... It's a girl!
LaurenLC ... due June 28... It's a surprise!
CaveCricket ... due July 7... It's a surprise!
Nette ... due July 9... It's a surprise!
Locolala ... due July 12... It's a surprise!
Milmore104 ... due July 31... It's a surprise!
TarzanKat ... due July 31... It's a surprise!
pixiegoose ... due August 5... It's a surprise!
JennandNelsonRego ... due August 10... It's a surprise!
FoundMyPrince ... due August 12... It's a surprise!

Vettechick99 ... due August 21... It's a surprise!
Piecey ... due August 31... It's a surprise!
Gabes_Mommy ... due September 10... It's a surprise!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #3776
locolala

It's a GIRL!! I had a sono today to check my cervical length, and the doc asked how long it had been since we'd seen the baby. Since it had been over a month, and would be another 2 weeks till we could see her, the doc went ahead and did an abdominal u/x. She's a wiggly little one, moving the whole time and at one point stretched completely out. She gave us a couple good shots between her legs and the doc was pretty certain it's a girl :D :D
Old 01-26-2010, 03:52 PM   #3777
vettechick99
Why do I open these threads?
Car Snob
Oh snap, I'm Bree!!
my mom used to call me "gagootz"

Wow look at all the babies being born! Congrats to everyone!!!!

Check out the Official Bonnet Creek Thread or You too can do Disney Pregnant! or Our Budget In-Ground Pool
Old 01-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #3778
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran

Yay! Congrats BabyTigger and JustThat!!!

How am I 4th on the list already?!? whoa time went sooooo fast!

Lindsay - have you talked to your OB about your back pain? Mine was pretty bad for a while and my doctor recommended the heating pad but that if it got really bad he would recommend a chiropractor. I still get twinges in my back but nothing as bad as it was a month ago. Now I have pelvic pain. good times.

me DH DD and DS
Old 01-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #3779
locolala

Lindsey, I've found some stretches in various pregnancy books that help, and also I use an exercise ball. It helps with the sciatica. I had back pain before I got pregnant, so I thought I'd be able to handle this.. yeah, no it sucks lol.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:43 PM   #3780
DMickey28
DIS Veteran
Comes from a very square 1950's Leave it to Beaver type family.
Kaboom! is my new best friend!

Congrats BabyTigger - Welcome Elliot!! Love the name!! :-)

Lindsay - I wish I had advice ... the last few days my right side is killing me ... my hips, my lower back everything ... I sometimes will use a heating pad at night but it's really only bad when I walk. A warm shower helps and actually being up and about helps me more than resting on the couch.
DS#1 Alexander Stephen 2.5
DS#2 Ryan Bradford Arrived 3.22.2010 @ 9:58AM 7lbs 13oz 20 inches
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: