Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 12:07 PM   #3736
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

Early Arrival!

Hey folks! Our little Emma has arrived!
Last Friday (Jan 8) I came home from work and my back was killing me (along with my feet looking like Fred Flintstone's), but it had ached off and on over the week so I didn't think much about it. We went out to eat and I noticed the back pain was a dull constant ache, but that it would get a little more intense every now and then. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep.
I woke up Saturday morning and my back was still hurting, but not the worse pain I've ever felt. A friend of mine who is a L & D nurse sounded concerned because the pain fluctuated. DH and I timed them and they varied from being 5 minutes a part to 20! I finally called the doc around 3pm and he said it sounded like false labor since I didn't think my water had broke (keep in mind I had gone to the doc the previous Monday and wandered if my water broke, turned out I was just tinkling on myself, fun, fun). I relaxed with a tiny glass of wine to see if that would stop the "false" contractions. It worked for a little while, then after dinner the pains were back and much worse. I tossed and turned in the bed and could not get comfortable. Finally at 11pm I turned to DH and said "We have to go NOW!" Of course he wasn't moving fast enough to get everything in the car, ha!
The ride down had to be the worse part! The contractions were horrible!! Every 2-3 minutes! I tried to keep myself occupied during the intense moments: locking and unlocking the doors, rolling down the window, etc. DH later told me later he thought I was going to jump out of the car (which I almost felt like at one point!). We pulled into the wrong parking lot since the signs were a little confusing. To make things worse, the parking lot we were in had no open doors around it! I prayed so hard at that point for God to please help me get inside and DH ran around to locate an unlocked door. He eventually got in and let me in. We hurried to the L & D area and I told him he would have to fill out the paperwork. I sat down in the waiting area only to have another (bad) contraction come on and I yelled for DH. I then got up and found myself a wheel chair and put myself right in it! My doc (who I absolutely love!) came out and jokingly stated "So I heard your doctor told you not to come in." I wanted to laugh but had no energy/ability.
The nurse wheeled me down to the delivery room so I could change and I told DH to call my mom. The doc then came into examine me only to discover I was at 9cm!! My first reaction, "Can I still have some drugs?" Next thing we know, there are 10 people in there running around, asking me questions, talking to DH, etc! Pure organized chaos! As the nurse gave me a local anesthesia I was ready to push and get this thing over with.
Long story short (too late, I know), we checked in at 11:55pm and Emma was born at 12:14am, 6lbs 5oz, 19 1/4 inches. She is healthy and perfect and we are so grateful to have her here!
Thank you all so much for the chats over the past 9 months! I hope everyone has a radiant pregnancy!!

As soon as we can plan another trip, I'll start my TR
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
Old 01-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #3737
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
oh my gosh! what a story!!! Congratulations

me DH DD and DS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #3738
BabyTigger99
The most beautiful words in the world?
Complete Remission!!!!

I love that song!!!! But it just drips of gouda!!!

Wow! What a story!! And congrats on Baby Emma!!

HOLY CRAP! That would be MY NAME at the top of the list now!! Eek!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #3739
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Welcome Emma! 6lbs, 5oz and 19 1/4"!

BabyTigger99 ... due January 30... It's a boy!
justhat ... due February 2... It's a girl!
casumners ... due February 2... It's a surprise!
Ciciwoowoo ... due February 9... It's a boy!
trmcguire ... due February 14... It's a girl!
hulagirl87 ... due March 5... It's a girl!
arubio0801 ... due March 8... It's a boy!
KikiMouse ... due March 14... It's a girl!
karenj2 ... due March 14... It's a surprise!
DMickey28 ... due March 30... It's a boy!
ZPT1022 ... due April 10... It's a surprise!
MommaMouse411 ... due April 18... It's a boy!
Lindsey22 ... due April 21... It's a girl!
WDWAurora ... due May 4... It's a boy!
EmALee ... due May 22... It's a girl!
Sherry7 ... due May 25... It's a girl!
mla973 ... due June 9... It's a surprise!
phragmipedium ... due June 10... It's a surprise!
lilianddomsmom ... due June 20... It's a surprise!
LaurenLC ... due June 28... It's a surprise!

CaveCricket ... due July 7... It's a surprise!
Nette ... due July 9... It's a surprise!
Locolala ... due July 12... It's a surprise!
Milmore104 ... due July 31... It's a surprise!
TarzanKat ... due July 31... It's a surprise!
pixiegoose ... due August 5... It's a surprise!
JennandNelsonRego ... due August 10... It's a surprise!
FoundMyPrince ... due August 12... It's a surprise!

Vettechick99 ... due August 21... It's a surprise!
Piecey ... due August 31... It's a surprise!
Gabes_Mommy ... due September 10... It's a surprise!
Old 01-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #3740
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Congratulations!!! What a story!! That is crazy, you were 9cm!!!!

Just got back from my first appointment. Got to do all the wonderful blood work and my ultrasound to figure out my due date is Monday, I see the OB herself for the exam and all that on Tuesday.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:44 PM   #3741
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic

Welcome baby Emma!!!!

Well I got some bad news at my appt Tuesday. We got to have an U/S and saw the baby with a heartbeat - yay!!! Then I went to talk to the doctor and she said I have a Subchorionic hemorrhage, which is basically a large blood clot in my uterus. Sadly this is what caused my last miscarriage at 12 weeks. This condition means I have about a 30% chance of losing this baby.

I am trying to focus on staying positive and doing what I can to keep the baby safe.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #3742
locolala
Ketchup doesn't belong in your nose!

Gabes_momma, try to stay positive! I know it's really hard given the circumstances, but I know you can do it. I had a sub-chrionic hemmorage at the beginning of this pregnancy. I was on bed rest for quite awhile, but it was all worth it. The baby's doing fine now and I'm off the disabled list. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you honey.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #3743
DMickey28
DIS Veteran
Comes from a very square 1950's Leave it to Beaver type family.
Kaboom! is my new best friend!

Welcome Emma!! :-) Awesome story!!

Gabes Mommy - Stay positive! I know it's hard when you have been there. I had a SCH with this pregnancy from week 6 through 12 when it finally cleared up. Lot's of spotting some brown and some heavy bleeding at times. It was sooo scary but we are all doing well now. Sending good thoughts to you and your baby!
DS#1 Alexander Stephen 2.5
DS#2 Ryan Bradford Arrived 3.22.2010 @ 9:58AM 7lbs 13oz 20 inches
Old 01-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #3744
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Hey, those that have morning sickness!

My doctor suggested these: http://www.bnatal.com/

She said her patients have had great success with them. Definitely interesting!

I'm going to see if any of the local pharmacies have them and if not order. So I'll report back!
Old 01-21-2010, 07:24 PM   #3745
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

Patsy - I took B6 supplements with this kid in the beginning, and I think they did help, but then swallowing pills made me sick, so I stopped, but had I know there was a lollipop I would have definitely gotten those.

Good luck with your ultrasound Monday, though I know the wait will be unbearable!

Amanda - Congrats on Emma! What an incredible birth story, but glad to hear you are both doing well. What sort of local anesthestic did you get?

Gabes_Mommy - Sorry to hear about the SCH. I am sure that was devastating to hear since you have prior experience with it. But like some other ladies mentioned, my friend had one too and now has a happy 3yo so everything ended up okay. I know it must be really scary anyway though. Lots of hugs and prayers to you.

I saw my OB today and he was surprised I actually made it to this appt. And now he's afraid the baby is getting too large and wants to schedule an induction if I make it to next week. Excellent. She's likely over 8lbs at this point and he doesn't want to go much past 9lbs given the size of her siblings' heads. So we did all those shots to keep this baby in and now she won't come out! Well, my OB is on call Saturday, so I am so, so hoping to go into labor then, and he did mention that if I have contractions and come in he'll kick things into gear rather than sending me home. But I have contractions all the time, so I'd feel kinda guilty just saying I think I'm in labor. Ugh. My husband has a case scheduled with him tomorrow though, so he's going to tell him we're sorta planning on just showing up Saturday morning and go from there. He doesn't want me to go past 39 weeks anyway, so he'll likely be okay with it, just that I really have no idea how 'ready' I am, cervix-wise I mean. I opted not to be checked today, since he said he'd have to definitely do it next week, but now that we're thinking of going in Saturday it seems I should have just had it done today. And I could at least have my mom come down tomorrow night or Saturday morning and be here to watch my other kids.

And a mildly funny story, yesterday my husband left his cell phone home by mistake. So when he got to work he told the OB anesthesia resident to page him if I came into L&D. Well the OB anesthesia attending overheard him and she and the resident decided it would be fun to tease the anesthesia chair and make him think I was in labor and that they couldn't find my husband anywhere and make him run around searching for him in a panic. So he called my husband's cell 3 times when I finally answered it and then he realized I was fine and he apologized, said he was so embarrassed, and hung up. Why he didn't just look for my husband at work is beyond me, but whatever.

Well anyway, in his quest for my husband, somehow my OB, who was in the hospital doing a D&C, got word that I was in L&D and went down there to find me, couldn't find me nor my name in the books, thought I was using some assumed name so that the staff wouldn't know my husband works there, but still couldn't find me and eventually decided I must have been sent home. So today he sees me, tells me this, I explain the prank, and he just stares and says "Well they certainly took that rumor too far didn't they!"

So my husband and I feel kinda badly that he searched for me since no one intended for him to be the brunt of the joke, and we don't even know how exactly he heard anything about this, but I guess it's nice to know he was at least interested enough to check since it wasn't his call day.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:19 AM   #3746
lilianddomsmom
Mouseketeer

welcome to the new babies!!!!!

we got to go the the dr. yesterday for our u/s and found out that it's a GIRL!!!!

ds 6

ds 4

dd 2

Old 01-22-2010, 06:29 AM   #3747
Ciciwoowoo
we would both run like heck to get home before the ghosts got us!

I am on my way to spend the morning at the hospital with all my visits and tests. 8:30 is my ultrasound measurement thingie (don't you love when you can't remember the name of the test?) 9:00 is my visit with the perinatologist. 10:00 is my non stress test. Bah! It seems that I'm living at the hospital now and I'm ready for the little boy to get here already!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post

Thank you all so much for the chats over the past 9 months! I hope everyone has a radiant pregnancy!!
Congrats to you and baby Emma!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTigger99 View Post

HOLY CRAP! That would be MY NAME at the top of the list now!! Eek!!!
Mine keeps creeping up there too...it scares me but at the same time, I'm ready!!! Good luck to you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
I saw my OB today and he was surprised I actually made it to this appt. And now he's afraid the baby is getting too large and wants to schedule an induction if I make it to next week. Excellent.
I hope all goes well and as planned for you! Best of luck!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:24 AM   #3748
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolala View Post
Gabes_momma, try to stay positive! I know it's really hard given the circumstances, but I know you can do it. I had a sub-chrionic hemmorage at the beginning of this pregnancy. I was on bed rest for quite awhile, but it was all worth it. The baby's doing fine now and I'm off the disabled list. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you honey.
Thank you so much for sharing! It helps so much to hear stories with a positive outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMickey28 View Post
Welcome Emma!! :-) Awesome story!!

Gabes Mommy - Stay positive! I know it's hard when you have been there. I had a SCH with this pregnancy from week 6 through 12 when it finally cleared up. Lot's of spotting some brown and some heavy bleeding at times. It was sooo scary but we are all doing well now. Sending good thoughts to you and your baby!
Thank you! I am so glad to hear that your SCH healed and that your baby is doing well now. I am definitely working at staying positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post

Gabes_Mommy - Sorry to hear about the SCH. I am sure that was devastating to hear since you have prior experience with it. But like some other ladies mentioned, my friend had one too and now has a happy 3yo so everything ended up okay. I know it must be really scary anyway though. Lots of hugs and prayers to you.

Thank you so much! I am defibitely trying to be faithful and accept that whatever happens is what is meant to happen. I'm sorry your OB ended up the butt of he joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilianddomsmom View Post
welcome to the new babies!!!!!

we got to go the the dr. yesterday for our u/s and found out that it's a GIRL!!!!
That is so amazing!!! Congrats! Are you thinking of any names yet?

Boy am I glad it's Friday. I am having really intense "Morning" sickness this pregnancy, but not in the morning. It starts at about 2:00 PM and goes until about 8:00. Yesterday I was dry heaving all over the place and freaking people out - very awkward.

For those of you with SCH experience, have you ever heard of an SCH that didn't cause bleeding? I never bled with the last SCH I had - we only discovered it a week before it caused my miscarriage. So far I haven't bled with this SCH but I am nervous dreading it.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:28 AM   #3749
BabyTigger99
The most beautiful words in the world?
Complete Remission!!!!

I love that song!!!! But it just drips of gouda!!!

Today is my last day of work, so I am trying to get things set up here. My boss keeps coming in and saying "are you sure you need 8 weeks off?" He knows how spoiled he is by having me as his legal assistant! I also have my last doctor's appointment this afternoon. The two older kids are all settled in their new rooms, and DH shampooed the carpet in Elliott's room this morning. We are picking up the crib either tonight or tomorrow, so we are (finally, I hope!), ready to go with everything!! Now all we need is Elliott!!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:43 AM   #3750
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

Gabesmommy - My morning sickness with this baby was like that, started later (I think 11am-noon) and got progressively worse all day. I would start the morning vomiting/dry heaving while brushing my teeth, but then felt fine for several hours when the sickness set in. Culminated in vomiting every night at 11pm, and then I had a small window to fall asleep before I felt sick again, which would keep me up.

Lilianddomsmom - Congrats on another little girl! I bet your daughter is thrilled to be getting a sister. Mine was set on having a sister with this pregnancy and has already made big plans for what they'll do together. Of course, she doesn't really get that she'll be a little blob for quite some time...

My cats are driving me totally insane today. While trying to eat some cereal, I have gotten up to yell at them and remove them from eating my daughter's necklace, a small piece of my son's granola bar wrapper that didn't make it in the trash, prowling in the sink, etc. I think it's cause I cut back on their food because 1 has been vomiting (I think from overeating, as it's always right after he eats and a bunch of undigested food).

So I think to escape the cats insanity, and hopefully bring on my labor, I'm going to head to the mall and start walking. It's sort of sleeting outside right now so the mall seems like the best place to go. Hopefully it does something.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: