Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #301
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Ohh...I dont miss that pain..it was like a shooting pain and so hard to try to explain to someone who wasn't pregnant... lol
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #302
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysnkaysmom View Post
Ohh...I dont miss that pain..it was like a shooting pain and so hard to try to explain to someone who wasn't pregnant... lol
Yeah I was trying to explain it to some friends from work earlier today and the looks I got were a cross between and
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #303
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetDisney View Post
You need to put your hand up there Mine's not THAT bad

It's so hard to describe...it's like pain in the inner va jay jay and it sort of radiates outward. Okay, that probably makes no sense. Ack, I don't know. I just want it to go away...it's super uncomfortable!
It wasnt so bad that i needed to put my hands up there (that was just saying that had i put pressure back on it, it may have let off the sharp pain). No it wasnt bad at all. Just saying. Kind of like when you were a kid and you scraped your knee- yet you held onto it at the same time- it was kind of comforting.

NO i NEVER put my hands up there. LOL I said "but its like you NEED to".. lol

On some of the boards i read ive read about people checking their own cervix for dialation- no way my hand could fit all the way up there-- much less would i do it.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:29 PM   #304
HomeSweetDisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
On some of the boards i read ive read about people checking their own cervix for dialation- no way my hand could fit all the way up there-- much less would i do it.

Ah...yeah see that would rate right up there with eating the placenta IMO. Completely gross and unnecessary
Old 04-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #305
december
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ah...yeah see that would rate right up there with eating the placenta IMO. Completely gross and unnecessary
I had never heard of that until recently. I chanced onto some posts on another board. I really wish I could go back and unread about it!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:07 PM   #306
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
I got my pre-natals at my grocery store for like 15 bucks. But they made me really, really sick so I stopped taking them. I just take the Flintstones chewables now.

Okay this may sound like a really weird question but...have any of you experienced any pain or discomfort in your groin? The last week or so I have been feeling some really uncomfortable tightening there...not in my abdomen but in my actual youknowwhat. It's almost like a muscle spasm. I looked it up online and then I asked my dad (he's a P.A.) and they both said the same thing...that it's caused by your ligaments stretching and moving to accommodate the baby. I just thought it was really weird and earlier it actually hurt. But my dad said not to be worried about it and to just take a tylenol. Pain in your va jay jay : yet another wonderful side effect of pregnancy
Sounds like you are feeling what I described a few weeks ago. I had that plus just general muscle soreness and cramping in the whole general area. I still get it, but usually not as bad. It seems to be even better when I walk a lot so I got some pregnancy exercise and yoga dvds. The pain makes me waddle and it's entirely too early for that!

BTW I think this is just the beginning of the side effect of pain in the va jay jay!

Maggie--I'm glad you got an appointment.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #307
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Am I the only one that didn't take prenatals? Or isn't taking prenatals, I should say?
I'm bad about taking them..... Well I did take them pretty well through most of the 1st trimester, but lately man it's like every other day, or every 3 days. I did manage to take them today & yesterday.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #308
HomeSweetDisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
I had never heard of that until recently. I chanced onto some posts on another board. I really wish I could go back and unread about it!!!!!!!

You're telling me! That was information I could have done without

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn
Sounds like you are feeling what I described a few weeks ago. I had that plus just general muscle soreness and cramping in the whole general area. I still get it, but usually not as bad. It seems to be even better when I walk a lot so I got some pregnancy exercise and yoga dvds. The pain makes me waddle and it's entirely too early for that!

BTW I think this is just the beginning of the side effect of pain in the va jay jay!
Hmmm, well maybe I will try to get some pregnancy exercise DVD's. But I know what you mean about the waddling...my mom goes "Hey, you're not supposed to be waddling around yet!"

And yes I think you're right about the va jay jay pain
Old 04-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #309
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.

Quote:
Hmmm, well maybe I will try to get some pregnancy exercise DVD's. But I know what you mean about the waddling...my mom goes "Hey, you're not supposed to be waddling around yet!"

And yes I think you're right about the va jay jay pain
Dude! You're Facbook pic is HOT!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #310
harleyquinn

As promised...

This was the first one we thought to take...around 10 weeks?

And this is me today:
Old 04-16-2009, 09:45 PM   #311
HomeSweetDisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Thanks! It was a night I got all dolled up to go out for a friends b-day...pre-pregnancy obviously

Aww, you DO have cute preggo belly! You said you didn't...liar!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:49 PM   #312
harleyquinn

I think I just look fat most of the time...especially in the sweaters I wear to work, but thanks!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #313
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
I agree, totally hot!

BTW, your belly is super cute!! Isn't it great to LOOK pregnant?!

Veronica- I was totally peeking all over your myspace last night and cracked up when you used the actual pe*is word to describe the US picture!

As for all your pain, I am so glad I haven't had any of that. Pain. In the va-jay-jay? Eek. I know thats coming later with labor and all but I now consider myself 100% blessed to have not experienced this horrible pain you speak of!

My MIL doesn't like me and heard me ask DH if I was waddling yet and she said "No" so I'm also pretty content in the fact that I'm not.. I'm sure she would have told me if I were.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:16 AM   #314
ShootingStarMom2
DIS Veteran

Hi,
Sorry to hear about all the recent gallbladder pains. I had mine out before I got pregnant with DS1. They asked me first thing if I was pregnant when they thought it might be my gb. I can say that not only eating bland food helps but so does staying away from anything that has tons of oil or acid (I found that out the hard way with lemonade). Obviously greasy food won't help but even things like soup can have a lot of oil or fat that doesn't get processed right. Having it out is a relief, but still a struggle sometimes because you just aren't the same with a sick one or without one altogether.

I was having some terrible pains that my dr said was round ligament pains and the pelvic bones shifting. I didn't have anything like that with DS, so I was worried. He said that since I've been there and done that my body would react differently having someone new in there.

I did get my crib set ordered tonight. JCPenney had it on sale and then I found a 20% off code for online orders. I figured it wouldn't work, but we saved almost $200 off of the sale prices for all 3 pieces. I'm so excited to get it put together. I've been keeping tabs on what we did when for DS1 and trying to keep up for this one. As long as we have the room painted by the middle of next month we're good. I can't believe it's 32 weeks already.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:29 AM   #315
mmkk
DIS Veteran

Good morning all! I hope everyone is doing okay today so far.

I see ya'll got on some pretty gross topics yesterday! I had to skim some of them because it was just too gross to think about. I can't believe the whole placenta thing. Gross!

Sarah-you do not look FAT! I'm glad you posted the updated photo since we were just discussing this on fb last night! I know you are kinda middle of the road when it comes to looking pregnant, but believe me, you look more pregnant than fat, that's for sure!

I feel so bad for Patsy and Maggie with the whole gallbladder episodes. I hope things start getting easier for both of you. I just can't imagine. I definitely feel like a wimp when I start complaining about my little aches and pains! Its mostly my hips at night. They start hurting about the middle part of the night and I end up moving to the couch to sleep.

Of course, it doesn't help that I am not sleeping in my own bed-we are still renovating the bedroom and we are sleeping in the guest bedroom. All I can say is that I can't believe I make my guests sleep on that bed!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: