Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 04:44 PM   #3001
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

justhat - sorry you are having a hard time giving away your son's stuff - seems perfectly normal to be sentimental about it, especially with all the pregnancy hormones!! Hopefully a hug will help

- - - - - - - - - - - --

I had my 37 week appointment today - I'm considered full term at my midwifery practice (and by FL law, lol) - WOO HOO. I cannot believe it!! They call it the "safe zone". Anyhow - the appointment went well - baby's heart rate was at 156, a little higher than it was in the last couple weeks (mostly because she was very athletically moving out of the way of the fetal heart Doppler - she hates being poked with it, lol; but also because she seems to have changed her active/sleep pattern - she's been very active during the days now and less at night - a few weeks ago she was partying all night, lol!). My uterus measured 40 weeks - though the midwife said I was probably really only about 39, but the baby was a bit stretched out and her position made things seem a little bigger - either way they always tell me +/- 2 is normal. Also had my first internal (she gave me the choice that I could wait until next week if I wanted - they only require that you do it once at/after 37 weeks so they have something to compare to when you go into labor, but if you want you can have one every time) - I tried to relax as much as possible, taking deep breaths and such, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (seemed better to me than my annual pap's). Well - I am at 1 cm dialated (she actually was able to touch baby's head - though the sac of course) and the baby is at zero station - woo hoo!! I'm not very effaced at all though - but she told me that usually takes the longest for first time moms. . . so yeay! I was telling myself not to be disappointed if nothing was going on, but I was happy that the cramping I've been feeling has at least done something - and all the pressure down there is because the baby is at 0 station

I've been cleaning and getting things in order like crazy today - mostly because I was told by babies r us that my crib was in and was getting the place ready to pick it up. Well we showed up and they said it HADN'T arrived - I was ready to hurt someone, I was sooooo frustrated. This baby could come any day now (though it could still be weeks) and they tell me it is there and then - UGH! No apologies or anything - so I called corporate to complain about the store - not sure if it will do or mean anything, but I just couldn't let this slide. So, hopefully the crib gets here ASAP!!

We put another offer down on a house - so we'll see where that goes (since it is a regular sale we should know by next week).

Old 09-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #3002
Linzybrooke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
Glad to hear your platelet count is up, Hulagirl! What a relief that must be to be able to avoid so many blood draws.

Add me to the list of those cleaning/organizing right now. I just have such a surplus of old, junky toys that are taking up ridiculous amounts of space that I need to get rid of or there won't be room for the baby stuff. Same with clothes. I have to go through my kids closets to see what they've grown out and so I can actually have a place to put the baby stuff. For the first time this is pretty hard for me to do because I used to box up and store all their clothes at my mom's house. But knowing this is a girl and that she is pretty definitely the last kid, I don't need to save my son's stuff anymore. And for whatever stupid reason, it is so hard for me to give it away. I look at each little outfit and remember how tiny he was when he wore it and the thought of not having it anymore, despite knowing many little boys who will get good use out of it, it so difficult.
I wonder if one of those companies that makes quilts out of old t-shirts would make one out of onesies and stuff? That could be a great and creative way to hold on to your favorites of his own clothes!

I must be wacky, as I have had no desire to clean or organize...but, I hate to do that anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPT1022 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread although I've been reading the old pages and checking out all the cute babies! I'm Becky, I'm pregnant with my fourth baby. I have an eight year old daughter, five year old boy/girl twins and this will be my fourth and final baby. I had a miscarriage last September so I'm a bit nervous about this time. Trying to be excited but more nervous and shocked still- the shock because I had to go through infertility treatments to have the twins and my reproductive endocrinologist told me he doubted I'd ever conceive on my own again given my issues. So, five and a half years later, shocked is definitely the feeling in our house! Our kids thought we were playing a joke on them when we told them! My due date was supposed to be April 10 although it may be moving because the baby measured a week behind on my first ultrasound.
Welcome Becky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
justhat - sorry you are having a hard time giving away your son's stuff - seems perfectly normal to be sentimental about it, especially with all the pregnancy hormones!! Hopefully a hug will help

- - - - - - - - - - - --

I had my 37 week appointment today - I'm considered full term at my midwifery practice (and by FL law, lol) - WOO HOO. I cannot believe it!! They call it the "safe zone". Anyhow - the appointment went well - baby's heart rate was at 156, a little higher than it was in the last couple weeks (mostly because she was very athletically moving out of the way of the fetal heart Doppler - she hates being poked with it, lol; but also because she seems to have changed her active/sleep pattern - she's been very active during the days now and less at night - a few weeks ago she was partying all night, lol!). My uterus measured 40 weeks - though the midwife said I was probably really only about 39, but the baby was a bit stretched out and her position made things seem a little bigger - either way they always tell me +/- 2 is normal. Also had my first internal (she gave me the choice that I could wait until next week if I wanted - they only require that you do it once at/after 37 weeks so they have something to compare to when you go into labor, but if you want you can have one every time) - I tried to relax as much as possible, taking deep breaths and such, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (seemed better to me than my annual pap's). Well - I am at 1 cm dialated (she actually was able to touch baby's head - though the sac of course) and the baby is at zero station - woo hoo!! I'm not very effaced at all though - but she told me that usually takes the longest for first time moms. . . so yeay! I was telling myself not to be disappointed if nothing was going on, but I was happy that the cramping I've been feeling has at least done something - and all the pressure down there is because the baby is at 0 station

I've been cleaning and getting things in order like crazy today - mostly because I was told by babies r us that my crib was in and was getting the place ready to pick it up. Well we showed up and they said it HADN'T arrived - I was ready to hurt someone, I was sooooo frustrated. This baby could come any day now (though it could still be weeks) and they tell me it is there and then - UGH! No apologies or anything - so I called corporate to complain about the store - not sure if it will do or mean anything, but I just couldn't let this slide. So, hopefully the crib gets here ASAP!!

We put another offer down on a house - so we'll see where that goes (since it is a regular sale we should know by next week).
Good luck on the house! How frusterating about Babies R Us. I would have been irritated too!

We had our 38 week appointment today, and everything looks good. Still set for a c-section for next Friday at noon. I can't believe it is just a week away! I need that hair on fire, running smilie! We have baby safety and baby cpr class all day tomorrow, and are hoping to get to the police station to check our carseat installation.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2009, 08:09 PM   #3003
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran
Dreaming of my Disney honeymoon!
Beware the troll dolls in Norway...they're creepy!

I've read back quite a bit, it's been nice to read about babies/pregnancy/etc.... since right now the whole thing feels pretty surreal to me. I've been really sick, tired, etc.... and to be honest I feel more like I have a bad illness than a pregnancy at this point, if that makes any sense.

Quote:
Is anyone else going to try natural other than BoltFans?? I am planning on it. I know, maybe I am naive or whatever, but I'm so terrified of the possible side effects of the epi and I don't believe none of the drugs are passed on. . . . plus I've been reading that some people even think the rise in autism has risen equally with the rise in use of epi's. . . I don't know if there is a correlation, but I'm still going to try natural at a birth center and all. My mom totally laughs at me, doesn't think I can do it. . . Sometimes I just want to say, Thanks for the support ma, lol
I've had two births so far- one that I caved and got the epidural after about 28 hours of labor and it was a good thing at that point- I finally relaxed, got some rest, and went from stalled at 4 to 10 in about an hour to an hour and a half. My daughter was perfectly fine, nursed right away, etc...

With my twins, I was determined not to have the epidural. I had had back pain following DD's birth and was worried that it was related to the epi. Nope, it was related to my tilted uterus and back labors, and was actually worse after the twins' birth where I didn't have an epi.

As for the autism aspect, my son is on the spectrum and that was the delivery where I did not use the epi, so who knows. I think that the rise in autism is just so traumatic to families and everyone is just looking for something to blame- but that of course is just my 2 ¢

Having done it both ways, I'm not sure what I'll do this time. If my labor is significantly shorter and not induced again, I may skip it, but if I want/ feel like I need it I won't beat myself up over it either.

I wish you the best of luck- it definitely can be done!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
I told my labor nurse to get my OB in there, put me under and do a c-section. She kept telling me I didn't want a c-section, I could do it, etc.. she pushed me until I gave in and said I'd try to do it naturally.
She popped in this morning to see me and went "So you still ended up with a c-section?" like she was disappointed. I almost wanted to smack her and be like "My DR made that call after an hour of pushing did NOTHING... " Stupid twit. Sorry. I'm just a bit bitter looking back...
OMG, I had a bad nurse experience like that too. I've had two inductions and the nurse that was checking me in and getting me started with my second one was grilling me about why I was having it (severely high blood pressure, breech twin b, etc.....) but really she was pushing and she made me feel really bad- she was like "Oh, so you've never had a natural labor? Never labored at home? Never had your water break on it's own?", etc, etc, etc..... she made me feel really bad about a situation that was out of my control. Some people need to learn when to shut their mouths!!

Quote:
Where is a good place for a Busty mom to get nursing bra's?? I've heard the target ones, that don't have underwire, are good. . . but I wanted to hear from you all (if there are some of you out there that have my **issue**, LOL).
www.motherwear.com has a great selection and they have a catalog they will send you too. I went up to an F/G with the twins so I feel your pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzybrooke View Post
Ugh, I cannot find a diaper bag that I like anywhere!!!!
me either! I don't necessarily mind one that looks babyish but I want one that's well made and not some weird color- not having the most success so far....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWAurora View Post
Up for a new poster? After struggling through infertility for 2.5 yrs, DH and I are finally expecting thanks to the wonders of modern medicine-IVF. As of today, I am 8 weeks, and we are due on May 4th. We've had 2 ultrasounds with the RE, and will go for our first OBGYN appt on the 9th, as we were finally released from the RE as of today! We are excited, but still at the very very nervous stage!
I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulagirl87 View Post
Definitely a project! We want to do the double bar in the nursery room closet too. baby clothes are so small this will work out well! And I see that you have 2 cats! We do too and I'm anxious to see how they are with the baby.

On another note - good news! I was diagnosed with gestational thrombocytopenia (low platelet count). I had to go to a hemotologist last month and was told that I had to get blood taken every 4 weeks. Well I had my blood taken earlier this week and the dr. called and my platelet count was way up! I don't have to go get my blood checked again until 4 weeks before my due date! yay!!!
Great news! Congrats!

Quote:
Glad to hear your platelet count is up, Hulagirl! What a relief that must be to be able to avoid so many blood draws.

Add me to the list of those cleaning/organizing right now. I just have such a surplus of old, junky toys that are taking up ridiculous amounts of space that I need to get rid of or there won't be room for the baby stuff. Same with clothes. I have to go through my kids closets to see what they've grown out and so I can actually have a place to put the baby stuff. For the first time this is pretty hard for me to do because I used to box up and store all their clothes at my mom's house. But knowing this is a girl and that she is pretty definitely the last kid, I don't need to save my son's stuff anymore. And for whatever stupid reason, it is so hard for me to give it away. I look at each little outfit and remember how tiny he was when he wore it and the thought of not having it anymore, despite knowing many little boys who will get good use out of it, it so difficult.
I understand what you're dealing with trying to get rid of stuff. I felt the same way. On the one hand I knew we didn't need to keep the stuff but every time I gave stuff away I'd feel a little bit sad but I had to try to remember that I wasn't giving away the memories, just the clutter. Still, easier said than done.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:29 PM   #3004
Linzybrooke
DIS Veteran

Whew! We sat through an entire day of infant classes today! I am completely whipped out! We had an infant care and infant CPR class from 9-3 and then stayed for the carseat class and installation from 4-7. Now I know how my students feel at the end of the day!

Speaking of my students, a bunch of my core kids got together and threw me a surprise baby shower yesterday morning before school. It was so sweet! And totally unexpected. Apparently they came up with the whole thing on Monday at their drama club meeting, and actually managed to keep it a secret the whole week, which is impressive in of itself. I'll miss those kiddos while I'm out on leave!

Got the dogs groomed today, carseat installed, and I think we are done buying stuff. So, now we just wait for Friday and then we will have little Mr. Connor! Crazy! (I'm REALLY hoping he does not chose to arrive before then, as I need to get term grades in on Thursday before I take off!)
Old 09-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #3005
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

ZPT1022...due April 10th...It's a surprise!
Candid ... due September 21 ... It's a girl!
helloirishkitty ... due September 23 ... It's a boy!
IHeartTink04 ... October 1 ... It's a surprise!
Linzybrooke ... October 9 ... It's a boy!
Adi12982 ... October 16 ... It's a girl!
KristEn87 ... due November 19... It's a boy!
CandleontheWater ... due November 19... It's a surprise!
sbell111 ... due November 26... It's a girl!
PrincessNevaeh’sMom ... due December 1.. It's a girl!
Worm761 ... due December 2... It's a girl!
ecteacher23 ... due December 3... It's a surprise!
POOHDRMR ... due December 28... It's a boy!
Jenny-momof3 ... due January 17... It's a surprise!
Cappygirl ... due January 20... It's a surprise!
apress ... due January 23... It's a surprise!
amandaluvsgoofy ... due January 25... It's a girl!
BabyTigger99 ... due January 30... It's a boy!
HerdEar ... due January 30... It's a surprise!
justhat ... due February 2... It's a girl!
casumners ... due February 2... It's a surprise!
trmcguire ... due February 14... It's a surprise!
arubio0801 ... due March 8... It's a surprise!
karenj2 ... due March 14... It's a surprise!
hulagirl87 ... due March 15... It's a surprise!
DMickey28 ... due March 30... It's a surprise!
christym ... due April... It's a surprise!
irisbud ... due April 9... It's a surprise!
ZPT1022 ... due April 10... It's a surprise!
MommaMouse411 ... due April 17... It's a surprise!
WDWAurora ... due May 4th... It's a surprise!

ZPT - Welcome and congrats! I was terribly sick with each pregnancy also and it does just feel like some bad virus in the beginning.

That is exactly what I tell myself too, that I am just getting rid of clothing, not some sort of memory, but I think the hormones overpower the logic. I am finally getting better about giving away their old toys, but my motivation there is my son's birthday party is Saturday and part of it is at our house (we're going on a tour of the fire station also) so I really need to clear out the clutter!

Adi - Congrats on making progress already. Hopefully that means you'll have an easy labor. And maybe pretty soon too! I was 1cm and my daughter was higher than 0 station at 37 weeks and she was born just 3 days later.

Don't stress too much on the crib. Ours was backordered too and didn't arrive till my daughter was 2 weeks old. Of course, the store had to point out that it came before my due date (1 day before), so it was 'my fault' that it wasn't there in time she my daughter was early. They were kidding, but really, what new mom is in the mood for jokes about that? Anyway, we didn't use it in the beginning so it didn't really matter, other than I just wanted to set it up and make it look cute. And actually, if you really want to know, she never used the crib, so it could have come 2.5 years later when we had our son and that would have been fine. (Insert the eyeroll guy here, since I can't cause I used quick reply.) My son did use it though so it wasn't a total waste.

Linzybrooke - It must be so exciting to have a birthdate set and know that you'll have your little boy within the week for sure.

Today we picked up the last of the party stuff for my son's birthday party, which yes, is 2 months after his birthday. Then we went to BRU and tried out some carseats in the car. Now, my husband knew why we were going there, but he insisted on taking his car for some reason. I finally said 'whatever' and went with it, assuming it would be about the same, but then we got there, I re-explain why we are there, and he says "my car is more spacious so even if the seats fit here, they might not in your car." Thanks!

But we got the general idea, I guess. We could only take out 1 seat at a time, and we ultimately need 2 new seats, so it was guess work at best. My husband really wants the Britax infant seat cause he likes that anti-rebound bar, which is fine with me, but the base is pretty wide. So I decided to get the infant seat first, then once I get that installed in the car and see which seat it needs to be in (in terms of heaving the infant seat over the other carseats to get it in the middle, or if it needs to be in an outboard seat), then I'll see which booster seat to get my daughter essentially based on which one fits best. This is really proving much harder than it needs to be....

I napped today and woke up feeling like I have a cold, which is not what was in the plan for this week. Oh well. But now that I napped I am not tired and can't go to sleep!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #3006
IHeartTink04
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone!

I am still hanging in there!

My doctor told me that she expects me to go past my due date since it is my first....so encouraging!

I go back to the Doctor on Thursday! (my due date)

Congrats on the new additions to the list/people who are getting up there!

I am pretty sure there are people underneath me who will go before me.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #3007
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Adi - Congrats on making progress already. Hopefully that means you'll have an easy labor. And maybe pretty soon too! I was 1cm and my daughter was higher than 0 station at 37 weeks and she was born just 3 days later.
I hope you are right!! I've lost quite a few pieces of my plug (sorry if TMI) and hoping that means something good too. . . . Last night I had a couple braxton hicks in a row and got worried for a second - thinking - could this be it? Can I do this? I'm starting to worry some. . . will I be tough enough? Will I be able to do well during labor? Will the baby be ok?? Etc. DH says I worry to much (but he doesn't have to push her out - LOL)! I'm sort of hoping she comes soon (so she doesn't get too big) but I'm also worried about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartTink04 View Post
Hey everyone!

I am still hanging in there!

My doctor told me that she expects me to go past my due date since it is my first....so encouraging!

I go back to the Doctor on Thursday! (my due date)

Congrats on the new additions to the list/people who are getting up there!

I am pretty sure there are people underneath me who will go before me.
Hopefully it won't be long!! Only one going this week for sure is LinzyBrook - I'm pretty sure she has her c-section schedule for Friday.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:42 AM   #3008
BabyTigger99
The most beautiful words in the world?
Complete Remission!!!!

I love that song!!!! But it just drips of gouda!!!

Good luck to all of you so close on getting to hold your little ones!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #3009
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPT1022 View Post

OMG, I had a bad nurse experience like that too. I've had two inductions and the nurse that was checking me in and getting me started with my second one was grilling me about why I was having it (severely high blood pressure, breech twin b, etc.....) but really she was pushing and she made me feel really bad- she was like "Oh, so you've never had a natural labor? Never labored at home? Never had your water break on it's own?", etc, etc, etc..... she made me feel really bad about a situation that was out of my control. Some people need to learn when to shut their mouths!!
The weirdest part was that I LOVED her. She was my 2nd labor nurse and was great ALL day long. It was just that next morning that she was mean to me. If I hadn't still been drugged to high heaven I might have bitten her head off.

Everyone keeps telling me if I hadn't opted to be induced then I wouldn't have ended up in a c-section.
Bunch of stupid-heads who don't know what they're talking about.
I was induced at 39 weeks because Lucas was in the 98th percentile for size and I wanted MY doctor.. and I kept ending up in L&D with gallbladder attacks. Induction was the way to go for me.
I needed a c-section because my Piglet's head was too big for my pelvic bone. It had nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with being induced! I really hate people who think they know more about what happened to ME that day than I do.

(I still lurk ladies, hi! I just, oddly, miss being pregnant!)
Old 09-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #3010
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Everyone keeps telling me if I hadn't opted to be induced then I wouldn't have ended up in a c-section.
Bunch of stupid-heads who don't know what they're talking about.
I was induced at 39 weeks because Lucas was in the 98th percentile for size and I wanted MY doctor.. and I kept ending up in L&D with gallbladder attacks. Induction was the way to go for me.
I needed a c-section because my Piglet's head was too big for my pelvic bone. It had nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with being induced! I really hate people who think they know more about what happened to ME that day than I do.

(I still lurk ladies, hi! I just, oddly, miss being pregnant!)
Glad you still lurk!

Anyhow - people are silly. I mean your boy was a big boy, and if he didn't fit he just didn't fit - induction or no induction would not have changed that (I'm feeling very thankful my baby is at station 0 right now). Anyhow, just ignore the dumb/silly people - they don't know your body and your baby well enough, clearly! It seems people want to share their opinions and thoughts no matter what, even if you don't want it - I'm getting some of that for some choices I'm making (using a midwife, wanting to nurse (some people are so for it, but the ones that get to me are the ones that are so against, etc). Forget what other people think - you and your Dr. did what was best for Lucas, period!

Old 09-28-2009, 03:51 PM   #3011
WDWAurora
I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'm Patrick's...And his princess...Can Tink be a princess? Please?

I have a question. When I get in bed at night, if I move a lot , I get cramps in my low stomach, to one side or the other. It's kind of a momentary thing-fairly extreme, but short-lived. It always scares me, since it took so long to get pregnant and I'm afraid every little thing is something going wrong. Has anybody else had this? I'm 9 weeks tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #3012
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
I have a question. When I get in bed at night, if I move a lot , I get cramps in my low stomach, to one side or the other. It's kind of a momentary thing-fairly extreme, but short-lived. It always scares me, since it took so long to get pregnant and I'm afraid every little thing is something going wrong. Has anybody else had this? I'm 9 weeks tomorrow.
It was awhile ago for me but I remember something like that.

I think my OB told me not to worry, it was just the kiddo getting comfy and things starting to rearrange as the uterus grew.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #3013
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you are really concerned - I'd mention it to your doctor at your next appointment or call in. I would guess that it is probably just your uterus growing pains, but like I said, if you are concerned talk to your doctor.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:29 PM   #3014
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

I did have that with this one a bit, not specifically related to bed, but I'd get sharp cramps. I'm also not sure when exactly it happened, gestationally. I'm 21 weeks now and get sharp pains often, but I do remember being much earlier and feeling what you described. I didn't have it with the other 2 kids so it did concern me a bit too.

I agree with Adi though, ask your dr about it.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #3015
arubio0801
It all started with a wish...

Hi everyone!!
Hope everyone is doing well, I'm doing okay I went to the ER again the other night for breathing problems and really bad stomach pains. It ended up just being acid in my stomach so. I has a dr appt today and we found out that were having a BOY!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: