Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 07:10 PM   #286
KristEn87
I WILL be twirling around in a circle singing "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere!" Bonjour!

Thanks for all the welcomes!! The list really is getting long! I have a question, what in the prenatal vitamins tend to make women sick? I ask because after I was finished with the trial pack my doctor gave me at about 5 weeks I went straight to the Flintstones vitamins which were recommended by my doctor now. The Flintstones vitamins aren't making me sick, but I'm starting to have a problem taking them, does anyone know if the Flintstones gummies are the same and ok to take?
Old 04-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #287
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
I was wondering if any of you had suggestions on Body Pillows? I am starting to feel I really need one (sleeping with a pillow between my legs is no longer cutting it) so I thought I'd ask here. All the one's I have seen seem really pricey, so I'd like the most bang for my limited bucks! THANKS!
I ordered this one... http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2128727

Hated it. Used it two nights and gave up. A little irritated at myself for ordering it.

Now I sleep with a full body pillow on both sides (I roll from side to side) and I've got a micro-bead pillow (you know, the squishy kind?) that I stick under my tummy until I'm comfy.

It's worked best for me... but I know a lot of people on here swear by the pillow I linked to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarr29 View Post
Awww, I just got my boppy pillow cover from Pottery Barn Kids that was personalized with Landon on it and it has black marks all over it. I emailed them so hopefully they send another one and don't give me a hard time.

Still waiting to see if we got the house. The realtor called this morning and said they accepted our offer but we have to pass the credit approval and home owners association application. I WANT to know.

Congratulations!!! Let us know!
I know how nerve-wracked DH and I were while we waited for the call back!!
I work for the bank our mortgage is through, so I totally cheated and did all that credit/application stuff when I had free time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #288
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Crossing my fingers for you, Skylarr!

Kristen- im not sure whats in them that does that. I tried googling. This person says she heard it was the iron in them that makes you sick- and also talks about switching to a gummy vitamin. Hope that helps!
http://babyfit.sparkpeople.com/archi...Parent=3726992
Old 04-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #289
KristEn87
I WILL be twirling around in a circle singing "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere!" Bonjour!

Thanks Maggie that website really did help. I may just have to go get those gummies. I figure if vitamins are what I need to take for the next 7 months at least I can have fun with them.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #290
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Am I the only one that didn't take prenatals? Or isn't taking prenatals, I should say?

My insurance doesn't cover them so...
Old 04-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #291
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Am I the only one that didn't take prenatals? Or isn't taking prenatals, I should say?

You can get prenatal vitamins at your grocery store....Kroger brand were only like 6bucks for 100!!!!
I didn't take them really, but I feel a bit guilty now.....
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Old 04-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #292
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I did not take them with either pregnancy. I tried but was off within a couple of weeks.

Melissa, good luck with your house offer!

Old 04-16-2009, 07:47 PM   #293
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
I did not take them with either pregnancy. I tried but was off within a couple of weeks.

Melissa, good luck with your house offer!
Good to know. I took the samples they gave me.. but after that.. Dr. said they were waaay too expensive to buy out of pocket and didn't give me a Rx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysnkaysmom View Post
You can get prenatal vitamins at your grocery store....Kroger brand were only like 6bucks for 100!!!!
I didn't take them really, but I feel a bit guilty now.....
I did buy some from WalMart but I've not been too good at taking them either. Those Woman's Once A Day Prenatals. I think there are still some in the bottle actually.
And I've taken the PrimaCare Samples my Dr. gave me.. and also the DHA Expecta or whatever from Enfamil? Had some samples of those.

Nothing steady, though. I sorta feel guilty but too late now. I ate a lot of salad.

Mm.. salad.. dinner time!
Old 04-16-2009, 07:47 PM   #294
december
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm not taking them. I coudn't with any pregnancy. I'm sick enough without them, but with them. But the ones I tried to take this time were only around $6 at Walmart.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:49 PM   #295
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

I got my pre-natals at my grocery store for like 15 bucks. But they made me really, really sick so I stopped taking them. I just take the Flintstones chewables now.

Okay this may sound like a really weird question but...have any of you experienced any pain or discomfort in your groin? The last week or so I have been feeling some really uncomfortable tightening there...not in my abdomen but in my actual youknowwhat. It's almost like a muscle spasm. I looked it up online and then I asked my dad (he's a P.A.) and they both said the same thing...that it's caused by your ligaments stretching and moving to accommodate the baby. I just thought it was really weird and earlier it actually hurt. But my dad said not to be worried about it and to just take a tylenol. Pain in your va jay jay : yet another wonderful side effect of pregnancy
Old 04-16-2009, 07:51 PM   #296
december
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetDisney View Post
I got my pre-natals at my grocery store for like 15 bucks. But they made me really, really sick so I stopped taking them. I just take the Flintstones chewables now.

Okay this may sound like a really weird question but...have any of you experienced any pain or discomfort in your groin? The last week or so I have been feeling some really uncomfortable tightening there...not in my abdomen but in my actual youknowwhat. It's almost like a muscle spasm. I looked it up online and then I asked my dad (he's a P.A.) and they both said the same thing...that it's caused by your ligaments stretching and moving to accommodate the baby. I just thought it was really weird and earlier it actually hurt. But my dad said not to be worried about it and to just take a tylenol. Pain in your va jay jay : yet another wonderful side effect of pregnancy

I've been having horrible pains the last few days. Pinching and tightening, and tons of pressure. I think mine is due to the baby moving closer into position. Last week it was my hips-I felt like I was being split in two (like the wishbone on a turkey!).
Old 04-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #297
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Debbie Downer checking in (or so atleast i feel that way with all the gallbladder issues ive talked about). I did mention this before. I felt like I had pushing down pain up in there. Its like not directly in the va jay jay, but its like need to put my hand up in there and touch my cervix or whatever it is that is causing the discomfort. Not sure if thats the same thing or not I havent had it in a few weeks though.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #298
HomeSweetDisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
Debbie Downer checking in (or so atleast i feel that way with all the gallbladder issues ive talked about). I did mention this before. I felt like I had pushing down pain up in there. Its like not directly in the va jay jay, but its like need to put my hand up in there and touch my cervix or whatever it is that is causing the discomfort. Not sure if thats the same thing or not I havent had it in a few weeks though.
You need to put your hand up there Mine's not THAT bad

It's so hard to describe...it's like pain in the inner va jay jay and it sort of radiates outward. Okay, that probably makes no sense. Ack, I don't know. I just want it to go away...it's super uncomfortable!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #299
HomeSweetDisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
I've been having horrible pains the last few days. Pinching and tightening, and tons of pressure. I think mine is due to the baby moving closer into position. Last week it was my hips-I felt like I was being split in two (like the wishbone on a turkey!).
Yikes! I have felt the pinching tightening etc but feeling like you're the wishbone on a turkey...that's no fun!

I have hip pain but I think it's because I am a total stomach sleeper and going from that to only being able to sleep on my side has been hard. It puts so much pressure on my hips and I am constantly having to move from side to side because it starts hurting so much. Even with the pillows it doesn't help much. Plus, I read that our hips spread to make room for baby...what's with EVERYTHING moving around in there? Not cool
Old 04-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #300
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Quote:

Yes, I have had the same problem. Not real fun. I am also getting the pain on my right side. I find if I lay down and drink some water it helps.

I guess I have been lucky the my pre-natals don't give me a problem. They are expensive, $40 with insurance. My first trimester they would make me feel yucky so I would take them at night with crackers. That did help.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: