Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #256
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to share. I dont particularly love this (im not into antiques and stuff)-- but if I were an antique decorator-- this would be right down my alley. And the price is so cheap! 12 pieces for $169 - most of the time you get 4 pieces for that! I guess im showing it more for the price than the appearance...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3406245
Old 04-16-2009, 11:01 AM   #257
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Maggie ~

I can just see my DH now complaining about buying a pee pee cover LOL!!! He would be asking "what do we need that for?" LOL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #258
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarr29 View Post
Maggie ~

I can just see my DH now complaining about buying a pee pee cover LOL!!! He would be asking "what do we need that for?" LOL
So YOUR HUSBAND doesnt get soaked when HE changes the diaper-- ofcourse!!
Old 04-16-2009, 11:17 AM   #259
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarr29 View Post
Maggie ~

Honestly, I don't quite understand it myself. And I had a boy already! You just learn to move quickly! Really.

Unfold & set out the new dipe underneath the baby, undo old dipe, wipe w/ a wipe, set aside old old dipe, do up new dipe. If any spray occurs cover quickly, usually it's when you undo old dipe & cool air hits 'em, just quickly recover w/ old dipe. And really if it's just pee, you learn to clean up & move on. Poop requires more cleaning.

DH & I *still* laugh when we remember the learning curve having to do with "move quickly." Two words --- projectile poop. DS was tiny, not home long, less than 2 weeks, we were still learning. We were changing a poopy diaper, on his changing table, which was then next to our bed. His butt was facing our bed. First mistake. While he was 1/2 naked, he had well, projectile poop. Sent both DH & I diving out of the way. DH said it was like something out of the Matrix, with poop just barely missing my head, while I moved seemingly in slow motion. Poop sprayed our bed, sheets, pillows, cover. We just burst out laughing, it was hysterical. Of course we had to strip the bed & do a whole bunch of laundry, but yeah, after that incident, we learned to move quickly.....
Old 04-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #260
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Honestly, I don't quite understand it myself. And I had a boy already! You just learn to move quickly! Really.

Unfold & set out the new dipe underneath the baby, undo old dipe, wipe w/ a wipe, set aside old old dipe, do up new dipe. If any spray occurs cover quickly, usually it's when you undo old dipe & cool air hits 'em, just quickly recover w/ old dipe. And really if it's just pee, you learn to clean up & move on. Poop requires more cleaning.

DH & I *still* laugh when we remember the learning curve having to do with "move quickly." Two words --- projectile poop. DS was tiny, not home long, less than 2 weeks, we were still learning. We were changing a poopy diaper, on his changing table, which was then next to our bed. His butt was facing our bed. First mistake. While he was 1/2 naked, he had well, projectile poop. Sent both DH & I diving out of the way. DH said it was like something out of the Matrix, with poop just barely missing my head, while I moved seemingly in slow motion. Poop sprayed our bed, sheets, pillows, cover. We just burst out laughing, it was hysterical. Of course we had to strip the bed & do a whole bunch of laundry, but yeah, after that incident, we learned to move quickly.....

That was hilarious - thanks for sharing!! I've seen projectile poop from a very new born baby cousin.

I read a lot of the reviews on the pee pee teepee's and it seems they do n't stay well and a wash cloth (or moving more quickly) would work better.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #261
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

LOL... DS has shot the pee a couple times, but I've been pretty lucky.... lol Even luckier no projectile poop!!
But, like we say "When it's your kids pee and poop, it doesn't quite phase you"... It's like its not REAL poop or pee...(or puke) LOL
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK
Old 04-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #262
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post

That was hilarious - thanks for sharing!! I've seen projectile poop from a very new born baby cousin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raysnkaysmom View Post
LOL... DS has shot the pee a couple times, but I've been pretty lucky.... lol Even luckier no projectile poop!!
Glad I coould make you both smile..... think I mighta scared off the FTM's though!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #263
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad I coould make you both smile..... think I mighta scared off the FTM's though!
Well not this FTM, lol!!

Old 04-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #264
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
Anyone read Baby Wise? Im reading it now and some of the girls my mom works with SWEAR by it.
I just received it as a gift. I am only on the 4th chapter.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #265
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taraprather View Post
Hey all! I thought I would join in on this discussion, since I a currently expecting. I am 5 weeks 1 day today (according to my calculations......I go in for my first doctors appointment next Thursday). This will make baby number 3 for me. My son son is 10 and my daughter is 5.
This baby is due December 15......My daughter's b-day is January 20, mine is Feb 3, and my sons is Feb 28. Throw in Christmas, new years, and valentines and we got a busy 3 months!
I hope to get to know everyone over the course of my pregnancy. Even though it's my third baby, I've been reading pregnancy websites like crazy!
Welcome and Congrats on baby #3.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #266
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome and the congrats!! I am glad to have found a more intimate board to discuss pregnancy with!!
Congrats!!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #267
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
When does she take her prenatals? Your prenatals can make you sick- maybe she should try switching to a new kind and try that? Also-- if worse comes to worse- there is medicine you can take that some have to take to get through their first trimester-- but i think most have nausea ALL DAY LONG. harleyquinn is an expert at morning sickness-- so i would always take her advice!
Thanks!! I hate having that title, but it's true! lol I was sick all the time, but nighttime was by far the worst.

I have to say that at some point I gave up on the prenatals and switched to Flintstones vitamins after a suggestion I read online and was further reinforced by my Dr. This saved me!!! I didn't realize that they were causing so much of my issues--I had been taking them for 3 months before I got pregnant with no side effects. I tried everything to keep taking them, different times, with different foods/drinks, but at some point I realized it just wasn't meant to be. My body does NOT want something in them and I think it's better to be able to eat at all than to only be surviving on vitamins...lol

Quote:

That is one of the funniest things I've ever read here and I follow all of the funny threads with a passion!
Old 04-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #268
KristEn87
I WILL be twirling around in a circle singing "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere!" Bonjour!

Hi, I was wondering if I could join you all on this thread...I have posted a few times on the college board, but I'm still fairly new. I recently found out that I am expecting with my first. I'm due November 18th and I'm 9 weeks and 1 day today. I'm a junior in college getting my bachelors in Special Education and will be graduating on time next year after having the baby. My mom didn't have morning sickness with me or my brother and I thought I was going to be lucky as well to miss that, but a few days ago it started...oh the joys. If any of you have advice I'd greatly appreciate it.

Kristen

Old 04-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #269
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristEn87 View Post
I recently found out that I am expecting with my first. I'm due November 18th and I'm 9 weeks and 1 day today. I'm a junior in college getting my bachelors in Special Education and will be graduating on time next year after having the baby.
Welcome & Congrats Kristen!!
Old 04-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #270
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Okay I have to vent- again. Same problem, different story!

So I mentioned earlier to Piecey how I called the DR, AGAIN today about this issue that I believe is my gallbladder (Green stool, back discomfort, stomach discomfort, and Mondays terribly pain). Ive called twice this week about this problem (today making the second time). Well I called at about 10... and never heard anything back so just now I decide to call, AGAIN, and ask to see what the doctor said. This isnt just one green stool-- this is 3 days of green stool. So she goes to the dr because she cant read her handwriting (I believe it- i used to work there), and comes back and told me that it said "unless there is still pain, don't worry about it". Ummm- hello? I know, for a fact, something isn't normal. Ive had a perfectly fatigue/pain free second trimester thus far-- and suddenly-- i feel like crap (all after that terribly pain on Monday that was literally ER worthy). So I told her that Im not in "Pain" but "Discomfort".. and im no doctor but I know that something is wrong. I dont see why the drs wouldnt want to play it safe and send me somewhere to be evaluated- on my own dime. Wouldnt it be better on their part to be safe than to know about something and be sorry? Not that this is a worry- but what if something happened to me? Liver Damage? I lost the baby due to the baby not getting something because that something is wrong with me. I mean-- those may be radical things-- but without being evaluated somehow, someway, they don't know. They dont even have to do it there-- my drs office is within a hospital so i could easily go down and have the hospital evaluate me. Something!?

Okay- vent over. We will see what they say. Im sure im labeled as the problem patient now-- lol..

ETA: I did want to mention that i was told that at 18w i could still possibly be a candidate for gallbladder surgery. They do still do it in pregnant women up until the time that the uterus comes close to the gallbladder. I dont want surgery- ive never had surgery and really havent been to the doctor except routine visits at all-- but if its necessary why not catch it while something can be done. Is it just me here? Ahh-- pregnancy hormones! LOL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: