Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:15 PM   #241
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Hello Everyone!!

I heard about this thread on the Budget Board, and thought I'd stop by and join this parents to be forum!

My name is Adi and my DH and I are expecting our first baby. It is my first pregnancy ever, and I am currently a very nervous mom-to-be. My due date is 10/16. We don't know what we are having yet, and I think we will be finding out via ultrasound (DH is slowly convincing me).

We got to hear the baby's heart and had an ultrasound at 12 weeks, almost two weeks ago. DH nicknamed him/her our Monkey - because of all of their acrobatics during the u/s.

Here's our baby:

Last edited by Adi12982; 04-15-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:28 PM   #242
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
Hello Everyone!!

I heard about this thread on the Budget Board, and thought I'd stop by and join this parents to be forum!

My name is Adi and my DH and I are expecting our first baby. It is my first pregnancy ever, and I am currently a very nervous mom-to-be. My due date is 10/16. We don't know what we are having yet, and I think we will be finding out via ultrasound (DH is slowly convincing me).

We got to hear the baby's heart and had an ultrasound at 12 weeks, almost two weeks ago. DH nicknamed him/her our Monkey - because of all of their acrobatics during the u/s.

Here's our baby:

Welcome

Aww, your baby is soo cute, he/she looks just like mine did at that age

I'm wishing an Oct 15th baby for you (my bday!)
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #243
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysnkaysmom View Post
Welcome

Aww, your baby is soo cute, he/she looks just like mine did at that age

I'm wishing an Oct 15th baby for you (my bday!)
That is actually funny!! My mom's birthday is 10/15 also!!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:48 PM   #244
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Hi Adi, you aren't too far from me. I'm in Pembroke Pines. Welcome!

Ok, so DH finally got the plane together after his little melt down. It took almost 3 hours!! I had no idea it needed assembly so of course I had to hear about how I am an impulse shopper and I don't read things blah blah blah!!

I will post some photos tomorrow, totally worth it IMO

Old 04-16-2009, 08:10 AM   #245
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Welcome & Congrats Adi!

Skylarr, I always assume that anything that requires assembly will take a lot longer than anticipated. We generally don't start assembly projects unless we have a LOT of time & aren't hungry or tired. Like maybe a Saturday afternoon, where we don't have to be anywhere at any particular time. That way, if we're wrong & it doesn't take too long, we're pleasantly surprised.

Also it's usually a 2 person project, me to *read* the instructions & tell DH what to do -- him to actually do it! A few Christmases ago, we put off assembling my son's train table til X-mas eve --never again. Man we got no sleep that night!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #246
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

ADI, welcome and congrats. Glad you joined us!

Melissa, you had me laughing picturing your DH doing the project...boy can I relate. Men!!! I am sure it is so darn cute.

Today I have a routine O/B appointment at 10:15. Check back later.

Ann

Old 04-16-2009, 08:45 AM   #247
mmkk
DIS Veteran

Congrats Adi!!! And welcome to our little corner of the DIS. The u/s pics are so cute! Our scanner is down so I can't get my latest u/s on the computer so I can put them on here but he was yawning and sticking his tongue out at the latest u/s. (I may have already mentioned this-forgive me and my pregnant brain!)
And we have another baby to be born here in the great state of FL!! Another beach baby!

Skylarr-can't wait to see the pics of the airplane. I love those little cars. They are tooo cute!

Ann-wishing you luck and a smooth OB appt. today-not that I would expect it to be different but a little wish won't hurt right?

Last edited by mmkk; 04-16-2009 at 08:46 AM. Reason: grammer correction
Old 04-16-2009, 09:26 AM   #248
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Welcome Adi12982!!!
raysnkaysmom ...Welcome Ellasen Victoria!! Born April 4. 7lbs, 7oz, 19 inches!
Scornelius ... due April 12 ... It's a surprise!
sailors_wfe ... due April 22 ... It's a girl!
lulugirl ... due April 28 ... It's a surprise!
TiggerStac ... due April 29 ... It's a boy!
purvislets ... due May 4 ... It's a boy!
Mr. & Mrs. Smith ... due May 4 ... It's staying a surprise!
cseca ... due May 4 ... It's staying a surprise!
december ... due May 19 ... It's a girl!
caitty13 ... due May 28 ... It's a girl!
Piecey ... due June 3 ... It's a boy!
SDFgirl ... due June 3 ... It's a girl!
ShootingStarMom2 ... due June 12 ... It's a boy!
Mommy2Abby ... due June 13 ... It's a surprise!
rparmfamily ... due June 20 ... It's a girl!
Disney Ron ... due June 23 ... It's a girl!
MinnieFan4ever ... due June 27 ... It's a girl!
Ride Junkie... due June 28 ... It's a girl!
Disney Khi ... due June 28 ... It's a surprise!
robnkris ... due July 2 ... It's a boy!
mmkk ... due July 2 ... It's a boy!
NEM ... due July 4 ... It's a boy!
Gator Mickey ... due July 8 ... It's a girl!
DisneyDiva2006 ... due July 9 ... It's a surprise!
vetrik ... due July 9 ... It's a surprise!
goodeats ... due July 10 ... It's a girl!
luckyfin ... due July 17 ... It's a surprise!
harleyquinn ... due July 28 ... It's a girl!
jaleaton... due July 28 ... It's a girl!
MelessaG ... due July 31 ... It's a girl!
HomeSweetDisney ... due August 2 ... It's a boy!
Quennifer2008 ... due August 2 ... It's a surprise!
Fintastic ... due August 19 ... It's a boy!
DannysMom ... due September 5 ... It's a twin surprise!
kami2199 ... due September 7 ... It's a surprise!
Skylarr ... due September 7 ... It's a boy!
Maggimus ... due September 14 ... It's a boy!
MyZoeJane ... due September 16 ... It's a surprise!
helloirishkitty ... due September 23 ... It's a surprise!
connorlevismom ... due October 2 ... It's a surprise!
IHeartTink ... October 5 ... It's a surprise!
Adi12982 ... October 16 ... It's a surprise!
CandleontheWater ... due November 19... It's a surprise!
sbell111 ... due November 26... It's a surprise!
ecteacher23 ... due December 3... It's a surprise!
ZachnElli ... due December 8... It's a surprise!
taraprather ... due December 15... It's a surprise!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:03 AM   #249
sbell111
I don't care if people walk slowly, as long as they are willing to do it behind me
Our roomba locked itself in the laundry room not too long ago

OK, I need some advice. Cathy has basically not been sleeping due to her nausea. Does anyone have any advice to help her overcome it? She's miserable.

On a lighter note, here's our first ultrasound image:
Old 04-16-2009, 10:08 AM   #250
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the warm welcome and the congrats!! I am glad to have found a more intimate board to discuss pregnancy with!!

Old 04-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #251
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbell111 View Post
OK, I need some advice. Cathy has basically not been sleeping due to her nausea. Does anyone have any advice to help her overcome it? She's miserable.

Sour helped me a lot - there are prego pops (sold at baby's r us) that are sour and for nausea, but those are a bit more, so I'd suck on lemon heads until I got to the sugar part and then spit them out. It helped quite a bit for me. Hope it helps!

Saltines were all I could eat some days too. . . but they helped settle my stomach.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:15 AM   #252
ShootingStarMom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

On a lighter note, here's our first ultrasound image:
I would try making sure she has something to eat right before going to bed. Not a big heavy meal, but light snack. Try some crackers, pretzels, animal cookies, or something along those lines. I kept those things on my nightstand so if I woke up at 3 sick, I could try eating a little and it almost always calmed my stomach down. Try sleeping propped up a little instead of laying down flat. Also eating small frequent meals during the day can help instead of a normal 3. That way she'll be used to having a fuller stomach. Good luck! It does get better.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:17 AM   #253
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

I don't know if you remember, but I'm the one that lost 22 pounds during my first trimester because I was so sick--mainly at night.

My best tricks for nausea at night:

1. hard candy--sucking on it makes you overproduce saliva, which helps sooth the tummy. They even have special pregnany pops that you can get at Babies R us with ginger that is also supposed to help, but Jolly Ranchers worked best for me.

2. lay down on the left side. I know this side is best for circulation to the baby and everything, but for some reason I always felt a little better on the left.

3. Try the couch or another room. I was so worried about DH that it would increase my general discomfort. Being about to move around however I needed was a big deal for me.

4. Let it out. I heard that just giving in didn't usually work for morning sickness, but I found the opposite to be true. I usually only felt well enough for sleep after I vomited, even if it was dry heaves. (sorry if TMI)

5. Go to bed early. I don't know if she's like me, but for a while I had a very normal "sick point." A time that I really started to feel bad. Even when this wasn't a set time, I realized that if I went to bed as soon as I started feeling funky, I could usually fall asleep before I got really bad.

Good luck!!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #254
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachnElli View Post
Congrats Taraprather!!! You are due exactly one week after me!!

Congrats Maggie on having a boy! Just remember the extra diaper at changing time to avoid "showers"!

My 2 older kids were both exactly 3 weeks early, my water broke both times. I always wondered if my uterus has a timer set to 37 weeks! Worked out great for me, early but not too early!
They now have The PeePee Teepee (which I will be investing in)! LOL

And even for Skylarr-- LOOK-- CUTE AIRPLANES!
http://www.amazon.com/Peepee-Teepee-.../dp/B000EBQ8DI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Okay, question. I wish I would have asked sooner.

For days I've been getting bouts of pain on my left side in my back (around the area where you can feel that bone above your bum). It's tolerable, but unpleasant, and if I try to stand up when they hit I feel like I'm going to pass out or get sick. I have a very high pain tolerance, so it could be worse than I think it is. It's happening more frequently and water isn't getting rid of it like it used to.

Also, when I sit down I have noticed the past few days that on my right side exactly below my b00b (hehe) it feels like there is a ton of pressure, like there is something stuck there.
At first I thought it was a foot and when I mentioned it to DH tonight he said he didn't think his foot could get that high. I realized he's probably right, I was just assuming.

So now I'm wondering if my gallbladder is just really, really swollen and that is what I'm feeling the pressure/pain/weird feeling from.

So.. can their feet get that high?
I mean, this is RIGHT below my chest.. maybe two finger widths of a distance down.

I called my OB's office today because I've been having a lot of pain and the Tylenol 3 isn't getting rid of it anymore. They told me to take heartburn medicine and call them back to see how it helped.. it hasn't. So now I'm worried that I'm having gallbladder issues and going to need hospitalization like the surgeon said. Eek!

*ETA*
Bolded my actual question.. sorry I get so wordy!
Girl we should be sisters! I had the pain on Monday, so I called Monday, I was there for my U/S yesterday, and I just got off the phone with my OB again just now (waiting on a call back). Im almost positive mine is my gallbladder. My stool is green-- like passing BILE green. My mom is so afraid im going to have liver damage now. Ive had this green stool for 3 days! AHH- let me know if you find out whether its the baby or your gallbladder. I am pretty sure they wont operate on you if your pregnant-- so this means ill have a long road ahead if nothing can be done.

I wish someone with gallbladder issues in pregnancy was around- lots of questions!! LOL!

I hope you feel better

Quote:
[/IMG]
When does she take her prenatals? Your prenatals can make you sick- maybe she should try switching to a new kind and try that? Also-- if worse comes to worse- there is medicine you can take that some have to take to get through their first trimester-- but i think most have nausea ALL DAY LONG. harleyquinn is an expert at morning sickness-- so i would always take her advice!
Old 04-16-2009, 11:01 AM   #255
sbell111
I don't care if people walk slowly, as long as they are willing to do it behind me
Our roomba locked itself in the laundry room not too long ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
When does she take her prenatals? Your prenatals can make you sick- maybe she should try switching to a new kind and try that? Also-- if worse comes to worse- there is medicine you can take that some have to take to get through their first trimester-- but i think most have nausea ALL DAY LONG. harleyquinn is an expert at morning sickness-- so i would always take her advice!
She takes her prenatels in the morning. We'll ask the doc about whether we should switch them at our next visit.

Thanks for everyone's advice.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: