Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #2386
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Sarah, what did you decide? Are you going to be induced or are you waiting?

(Heading to my PP appt. but will check back later for details-- can't believe it's been 6 weeks!!)
Old 07-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #2387
sbell111
I don't care if people walk slowly, as long as they are willing to do it behind me
Our roomba locked itself in the laundry room not too long ago

Luckily, we are absolutely certain that Sarah is a little girl. However, this does remind me of something.

Ever since we learned that we were going to have a baby, we have consistently answered the "Do you want a boy or a girl? question with "it doesn't matter".

Then, five or six weeks ago, we were told during an ultrasound that 'they think it's a girl, but don't paint the room yet'. We since had very good confirmation (twice) that it's a girl. Before this confirmation came, however, Cathy fessed up that she would actually feel a little bit hurt if it wasn't a girl. She had gotten her hopes up so much in the week or two before confirmation that had we later learned that the baby was a boy that I think that she would have actually mourned the loss of the girl that wasn't.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #2388
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
I'm so worried about this. Our US Dr had trouble seeing if ours was a boy or girl because for some weird reason my bladder wasn't full. The shot where he said she was a girl isn't super clear and I really think there's a chance she's a he...I haven't even talked to DH about this lol...If its a boy, he's coming home in a purple dress...lol...not to mention all the pink clothes we have.
Did you only have the one u/s?? I am still worried and they've told us it is a girl 4 times. . . . When I was making baby shower invites (that had different accents - one of which was pink) I just kept saying, this beter be a girl, or I'll be mad at him for not showing his stuff sooner! Hopefully your Dr. was right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbell111 View Post
Luckily, we are absolutely certain that Sarah is a little girl. However, this does remind me of something.

Ever since we learned that we were going to have a baby, we have consistently answered the "Do you want a boy or a girl? question with "it doesn't matter".

Then, five or six weeks ago, we were told during an ultrasound that 'they think it's a girl, but don't paint the room yet'. We since had very good confirmation (twice) that it's a girl. Before this confirmation came, however, Cathy fessed up that she would actually feel a little bit hurt if it wasn't a girl. She had gotten her hopes up so much in the week or two before confirmation that had we later learned that the baby was a boy that I think that she would have actually mourned the loss of the girl that wasn't.
I felt/feel the same way as Sarah would have. . . we have this image in our mind now and have this attachment and a name, that if it ended up being wrong, I would feel some loss. Even when we were first told I was thrilled it was a girl, but I felt a little sad for the little boy I had imagined was possible before (I had pictured both, so either way I think I would have felt that way).

Old 07-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #2389
POOHDRMR
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I felt that way even though it was only a few minutes.I kept saying the tech took my girl away in an instant.I had a feeling from the second I found out I was pregnant it was a boy but I knew I could be wrong.I don't want to sound terrible but I feel like a girl is a better fit for me.I am afraid I am going to raise a momma's boy that can't protect themselves(like my dd!) I am such a clean freak-I will probably never let him in the dirt!My husband says he is going to make sure he gets to be a boy!I think part of me is still going to wait till the next ultrasound just to be extra sure!!
Old 07-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #2390
boltfans
Mouseketeer

I have one of each kid and for the longest time, before I was even pregnant, I pictured our 3rd being a girl. It wasn't till a few weeks ino this pregnancy that I realized it could very well be another boy and I was sort of freaked out. I love my son and he is such a mommy addict so it's not that I wouldn't want another boy, just that I never really thought about it happening. Then I started thinking it must be a boy, just cause I've had girl in my head so long, and after a week or 2 I was finally okay with the idea. It sounds ridiculous cause I just wanted another kid, boy or girl, but apparently I had a certain idea in my head without being totally aware of it.

Sarah - On your ultrasound, did they actually see girl parts, or just the absence of boy parts? If they said they saw girl stuff, then I think clear or not, you can be pretty confident that you're having a girl. If it's just that they didn't say anything boyish, then you might have reason to be concerned.

I think I'll look for something for lunch that won't make me sick later on and maybe watch tv for a bit while the boy is napping.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:48 PM   #2391
boltfans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHDRMR View Post
I felt that way even though it was only a few minutes.I kept saying the tech took my girl away in an instant.I had a feeling from the second I found out I was pregnant it was a boy but I knew I could be wrong.I don't want to sound terrible but I feel like a girl is a better fit for me.I am afraid I am going to raise a momma's boy that can't protect themselves(like my dd!) I am such a clean freak-I will probably never let him in the dirt!My husband says he is going to make sure he gets to be a boy!I think part of me is still going to wait till the next ultrasound just to be extra sure!!
If it makes you feel any better, my son is a neat freak who is always cleaning (literally, he sweeps, dusts, and we just bought him an actual vacuum cause he was annoyed with the kiddie vacuum), BUT, he is also more boy than you could imagine. He breaks everything he comes in contact with , runs around like a wind-up toy with a way different energy than my daughter ever had, and is an overall ball of danger and disaster. So you might just get a little boy like mine who will fit right in with your cleanliness!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:24 PM   #2392
sbell111
I don't care if people walk slowly, as long as they are willing to do it behind me
Our roomba locked itself in the laundry room not too long ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltfans View Post
If it makes you feel any better, my son is a neat freak who is always cleaning (literally, he sweeps, dusts, and we just bought him an actual vacuum cause he was annoyed with the kiddie vacuum), BUT, he is also more boy than you could imagine. He breaks everything he comes in contact with , runs around like a wind-up toy with a way different energy than my daughter ever had, and is an overall ball of danger and disaster. So you might just get a little boy like mine who will fit right in with your cleanliness!
So basically, he breaks everything and then cleans it up. That's a good combo, I guess.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #2393
KristEn87
I WILL be twirling around in a circle singing "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere!" Bonjour!

I've had the same feelings as many of you as well regarding the gender of the baby. Up until our ultrasound I had strong feelings that this baby was a girl, I was convinced. Since we didn't yet know we had picked out a boy and girls name, but I kept thinking of this baby as a girl. When people asked me if I had a preference as to what I wanted, it honestly didn't matter to me, but that I had a feeling it was a girl and would be slightly shocked if it was a boy. Fast forward to ultrasound day and there HE was plan as day, there's no denying he's a boy...we got "the" shot. While I'm thrilled to death to be having my little Evan, whenever I see little baby or toddler girls or the cute girl clothing I feel a little sad that I won't have my Cora this time around. Not that I was ever told I was having a girl, but I think because I felt so deeply that I was going to have a girl, I felt slightly sad, when I was told those feelings are wrong.

On a happier note! I was given the green light yesterday to plan a week's vacation to Disney next May with me and DBF. I keep going back and forth as to if I want to take Evan with us or not. He will be 6 months old by then and I honestly wouldn't have a problem taking him, but my mom has offered to watch him for a week and gives us time to relax and sleep (who sleeps at Disney though?) and it would be DBF's first trip. Any opinions? If Evan doesn't get to go though he won't be missing out on the Disney magic for long, a Huge family celebratory cruise is being planned for June 2011 and he'll be 1.5 by then!

Old 07-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #2394
boltfans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So basically, he breaks everything and then cleans it up. That's a good combo, I guess.
Unfortunately he doesn't really clean the stuff he breaks. He'll break, say, the remote, by unassembling it, thinking he can recontruct it. Then, oh well, he can't, so he moves on to the next dangerous task. After our 1st, we were ready for #2 right away. This guy definitely made us pause before taking the plunge on the 3rd!

Kristen - My SIL had her 3rd baby in April and didn't find out in advance what it was. She was convinced it was a boy, and had everyone else convinced as well. The baby came out and when the dr said "It's a girl!" her husband was in such shock that SIL had to yell to him 3 times "Tim, get the camera!" before he could even hear her. He then proceeded to yell "What!?! A girl!?! You shouldn't have told me it was a boy all these months!" Completely and utterly ridiculous, I know, but they were all so convinced it was another boy and he was clearly disappointed that it was another girl. FWIW, they have a daughter and son, so not like he was missing out either way, so I don't get the reaction much, but whatever.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:10 PM   #2395
arubio0801
It all started with a wish...

Hi everyone!!! I'm only 6 weeks and I've been sooo sick I have no idea why its called morning sickness cause I'm sick all day intill around 5. Is there anything I can do besides crackers I tried it it doesn't help one bit. Im hopeless and I'm misserable at work and can't sleep at night. Thank you!!

Old 07-14-2009, 05:19 PM   #2396
boltfans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubio0801 View Post
Hi everyone!!! I'm only 6 weeks and I've been sooo sick I have no idea why its called morning sickness cause I'm sick all day intill around 5. Is there anything I can do besides crackers I tried it it doesn't help one bit. Im hopeless and I'm misserable at work and can't sleep at night. Thank you!!
So, so sorry! I wish I had advice for you, but I'm on kid 3, with intense, all-day, "morning" sickness and still have not found anything that helps. With #2, I did eat Saltines a lot and that seemed to help, but I can't even bear the thought of a cracker this time so clearly it is not a cure all. I hope it at least ends soon for you!
Old 07-14-2009, 05:49 PM   #2397
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I had all day sickness (worse in the morning and at night) until about 14 weeks. Saltines is what I could usually get down - sucking on a sour candy really helped sometimes. I got a box of lemon drops and would suck on them until it got to the sweet part and would spit it out.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #2398
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Motion sickness bands worked for me even though I was only slightly sick for about a week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baby shower was this weekend - here are some pics

Old 07-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #2399
KristEn87
I WILL be twirling around in a circle singing "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere!" Bonjour!

Skylarr- Your baby shower looks so cute...that cake is adorable. I make and decorate cakes as a hobby, do you know if the animals were made with fondant?

Looking at your pictures made me realize I have to tell my cousin what theme I want for my shower in little over two months...could time really be flying by this fast!?

Old 07-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #2400
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristEn87 View Post
Skylarr- Your baby shower looks so cute...that cake is adorable. I make and decorate cakes as a hobby, do you know if the animals were made with fondant?

Looking at your pictures made me realize I have to tell my cousin what theme I want for my shower in little over two months...could time really be flying by this fast!?
Yep, they are fondant.

Do you happen to know if there is anyway to save them? Right now I have them in ziplocks, I can't bere to throw them away, any ideas?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: