Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #211
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerStac View Post
I need some baby dust, big time!!

After I ended up in L&D last thursday w/contractions, but nothing going on. I've now made "slight" progress. I don't dialte, that's why I have csections, but my oldest was 100% effaced after my 3 inductions. CJ has started to fall.

So my OB told me...just give me a reason to take you early, come on. So if contractions kick up on a regular basis again, I'll go in. He thinks he'll be giving my 2 year old a run for his money..my 2 year old was 11 lbs, he's thinking this one could end up being bigger. I still have 2 weeks.

My work had a baby shower for me today, I was completely surprised, it was so nice, we had a brunch. I'm glad I'll be going back after I have baby. I was torn until I found a new daycare not too long ago.

Anyways....send baby vibes my way!! I'm 37 weeks on Friday, and scheduled 2 weeks from today, but really...don't think I'll make it but I don't want to get my hopes up.
Oh I feel for you! I was in your boat 2 weeks ago!! LOL
Nothing I did help except maybe the doctor stripping me (2x) I walked after that, which wasn't pleasant, but my water finally broke. Of course, I was a day late....lol
Come on baby vibes for you!
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK
Old 04-15-2009, 04:49 PM   #212
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerStac View Post
I need some baby dust, big time!!

After I ended up in L&D last thursday w/contractions, but nothing going on. I've now made "slight" progress. I don't dialte, that's why I have csections, but my oldest was 100% effaced after my 3 inductions. CJ has started to fall.

So my OB told me...just give me a reason to take you early, come on. So if contractions kick up on a regular basis again, I'll go in. He thinks he'll be giving my 2 year old a run for his money..my 2 year old was 11 lbs, he's thinking this one could end up being bigger. I still have 2 weeks.

My work had a baby shower for me today, I was completely surprised, it was so nice, we had a brunch. I'm glad I'll be going back after I have baby. I was torn until I found a new daycare not too long ago.

Anyways....send baby vibes my way!! I'm 37 weeks on Friday, and scheduled 2 weeks from today, but really...don't think I'll make it but I don't want to get my hopes up.
Certainly wishing you baby vibes. I always wish healthy babies on everyone, but never over 11lbs. I would think that would get highly uncomfortable. I really hope things progress for you soon and you deliver when you think the time is right (wether that is now, or 2 weeks). And also YAY for the work baby shower. Dh and I had a disney wedding and I never did have a wedding shower-- and this is my first baby, so im excited about the shower. I imagine they are a lot of fun. I hope you got a lot of stuff you needed!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #213
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Baby dust to you!!

So how many of you with other children went early for your first pregnancy? or late?

I'd love to be early as long as Lily is heathly so that DH would have more time with us before he starts school in the fall...I'm so lucky that I'll have him home with us fulltime for at least a month either way.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:41 PM   #214
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
Just wanted to clarify before I talk about the apt. DH bought a Plymouth Prowler-- not Dodge Viper-- as you can see, I dont know my cars.
Apparently none of us do either, none of us noticed!

Quote:
Why are you here at 18w. Was your apt a 4wk apt and they scheduled you 2w early?" I said "no..."... then she says "do you see the dr today"... I said "no..." She said "Oh, we've just never done a gender/anatomy scan this early in pregnancy before. We always wait until 20w."
Crazy how different everyone is- I had mine at 18 weeks.

Quote:
Then she says "You see that"... I say "Is that a *****?" and she says "100% BOY!" And I lose it. I just start balling. It was such an emotional moment. At that moment-- i knew I was bringing another life into this world-- and it wasnt an "It" anymore.... He was a boy! DH starts crying too. I swear, ive never seen him cry.
I'm so happy for you guys!! What a wonderful memory! It's crazy how different it is when you know who is in there instead of just that someone is... Congrats, both of you!

Quote:
The baby weighs 9 ounces and she said that was on point.
Yeah, piglet Lucas was 10.5 at that point.

Quote:
Piecey- I love that ottoman and glider. Cant wait to show it to DH. Now we can buy that stuff!!
I really spend too much time on the internet but am glad it's helping someone out!
Old 04-15-2009, 05:46 PM   #215
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Apparently none of us do either, none of us noticed!

Crazy how different everyone is- I had mine at 18 weeks.

I'm so happy for you guys!! What a wonderful memory! It's crazy how different it is when you know who is in there instead of just that someone is... Congrats, both of you!

Yeah, piglet Lucas was 10.5 at that point.

I really spend too much time on the internet but am glad it's helping someone out!
I checked the amazon site for that glider and its now not currently available-- so now im back to the walmart one!
http://www.amazon.com/Stork-Craft-Gl...8617711&sr=8-6
Old 04-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #216
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarr29 View Post
But now I have all my airplane stuff and I am really into this boy thing!!!

We have finally chosen a name after 19 weeks lol!! Landon Michael
I was at KMart buying changing pad covers (anyone who is curious, theirs are $4.99 which is the cheapest I have found anywhere, including my online searching!) ...

Anyway! (sorry I get sidetracked)... I saw airplane bedding and thought of you!
I loooove your theme, and I love the bedding you posted!

I also LOOOOVE the name you have picked out!
Old 04-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #217
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkk View Post
Speaking of boys names-we have our list narrowed down to four. It was huge before that. Here's what we have:
Lucas James (Patsy-I had completely forgotten that you had chosen this as your name, I hope its okay that we share?!)
Mason Luther
Zander James
Drew Archer.
Not a big deal at all, it's a great name! Disney Ron's son name is Luke James, so pretty close too!!

I love all your name but am partial to Lucas James

Quote:
Thanks!! By the way I love the name Lucas!
Put it on your list!
Old 04-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #218
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Hey... anyone come across a really good baby book? I've looked through the ones at WalMart, KMart, etc. but can't really decide.

I want something to document first word, first tooth, etc.
Just wondering if anyone has seen any cute ones for little boys.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:17 PM   #219
caitty13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Hey... anyone come across a really good baby book? I've looked through the ones at WalMart, KMart, etc. but can't really decide.

I want something to document first word, first tooth, etc.
Just wondering if anyone has seen any cute ones for little boys.
I really like the ones at Hallmark, only problem is they are around $40.00 What I like is they are the 3 ring type so if you don't use a section you can take it out. Plus there are pages for pictures and such.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:22 PM   #220
caitty13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post

So how many of you with other children went early for your first pregnancy? or late?
With my son he was born at 38 weeks and 5 days, and he was still to big for me. I am 5 foot and he was 8lbs 6oz's. This time I am having my c-section at 39 weeks and I hope she decides to come sooner.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:25 PM   #221
mmkk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post

I'd love to be early as long as Lily is heathly so that DH would have more time with us before he starts school in the fall...I'm so lucky that I'll have him home with us fulltime for at least a month either way.
Madeline came 10 days early and I have a feeling this one is coming early. (which I wouldn't be too unhappy with since it will be full on summer around here!)

Tiggerstac-sending some good vibes your way! hopefully things will start happenin' soon for you!

Patsy-I scrapbook so I made my own book for Madeline. And I plan on of course making one for this little one. Of course it can get pricey but it can also be pretty thrift, depending on which scrapbook you use and the stickers and paper, etc. But its a lot of fun because it fits your own personality.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:32 PM   #222
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitty13 View Post
I really like the ones at Hallmark, only problem is they are around $40.00 What I like is they are the 3 ring type so if you don't use a section you can take it out. Plus there are pages for pictures and such.
Hmm.. thanks, I'll have to check that out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkk View Post

Patsy-I scrapbook so I made my own book for Madeline. And I plan on of course making one for this little one. Of course it can get pricey but it can also be pretty thrift, depending on which scrapbook you use and the stickers and paper, etc. But its a lot of fun because it fits your own personality.
I scrapbook, too, but I'm slow! I haven't finished one all the way through . I'm excited, though- new house has a little area in the hallway that I told DH I plan to use to get my stuff organized and finish what I've got.

I never thought about making my own. By the time I got it done, everything would have happened!
I'll have to think about that, though.

I did get a photo box and scrapbooking stickers to decorate it for "baby Keepsakes"
Old 04-15-2009, 06:47 PM   #223
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Anyone read Baby Wise? Im reading it now and some of the girls my mom works with SWEAR by it.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:52 PM   #224
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Anyone read Baby Wise? Im reading it now and some of the girls my mom works with SWEAR by it.
I love to read and haven't read any pregnancy books. Kinda late now.
I wish I would have but there was just too much going on. I utilized the internet while I worked on homework.

...check out this book. It's cracking me up!
http://www.amazon.com/Inappropriate-..._bxgy_b_text_b

I'm thinking about ordering this one.. for the price, what can it hurt?
http://www.amazon.com/reader/0880886...pt#reader-link
Old 04-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #225
taraprather
DIS Veteran

Hey all! I thought I would join in on this discussion, since I a currently expecting. I am 5 weeks 1 day today (according to my calculations......I go in for my first doctors appointment next Thursday). This will make baby number 3 for me. My son son is 10 and my daughter is 5.
This baby is due December 15......My daughter's b-day is January 20, mine is Feb 3, and my sons is Feb 28. Throw in Christmas, new years, and valentines and we got a busy 3 months!
I hope to get to know everyone over the course of my pregnancy. Even though it's my third baby, I've been reading pregnancy websites like crazy!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: