Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:01 AM   #196
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbell111 View Post
My wife and I have pretty much agreed on a girl's name. However, we can't come to terms on a boy's name and I have been no help, basically shooting down all of her suggestions without offering many good ones of my own. She really wants us to figure it out, but I have taken the position that we can just wait until we know the sex. If it's a girl, we're set and don't have to haggle over a boy name.
Thats a good idea. Its just so hard. It was one last unnecessary thing i had to worry myself over. Except now that im almost halfway, i feel like ive wasted half of this time when i should have been thinking of a boy name (but who knew, right?). 20 some off weeks is still a while to think about it I guess.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #197
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Melissa, nice name! Congrats on finally coming to a successful agreement. Boys names always gave DH and I a hard time. I like your choice.

Okay, household chores seem to be kicking me in the butt lately. I feel good but just real tired. Today I cleaned the shower...the chore I hate the most. Now I feel like napping when DS does. When is this 'nesting' thing suppose to kick in...I have so much to do.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2009, 11:07 AM   #198
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
Valerie, are you going to find out the sex of the twins? If so when?
Sorry if you already mentioned this my brain is mush lately.

Ann
Yep U/S appt is on MONDAY morning. Hopefully I'll have time to report back on here during the day, Monday afternoon, we have my son's IEP meeting. Busy day.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #199
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Yep U/S appt is on MONDAY morning. Hopefully I'll have time to report back on here during the day, Monday afternoon, we have my son's IEP meeting. Busy day.
Ok, I will make a mental note...can't wait to hear your double news!!!!
Post when you can, and good luck with DS's IEP.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #200
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

On names.... We've been waiting to find out genders to really put a lot of brainpower in thinking about names. DH likes Michaela for a girl (FIL's name is Michael) nickname Kailee (any Firefly fans 'round here?) and also Kathleen, which is the name of a sister that FIL had that died before he (FIL) was born. If we have 2 girls it could be Kailee & Katie (or Kathy.) I'm not completely sold, but they're not bad.

Boys names, I have less clue on. Once I know if I'm naming any boys I'll really think about it.

When my son was born, we hadn't yet decided on a name. Daniel was on our short list, but not decided. Brendan (and Brandon) were also on our short list, but in the hospital Daniel won out. We felt like he needed a name ASAP, as he was getting transferred to another hospital with a NICU& we didn't want him alone in another hospital without even a name.

Since then one of DH's cousins (same last name) named his sons Brendan & Sean, so those names are out for us.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #201
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
Thanks!
I know-- isnt the girl stuff so cute? Dresses and cutesy things. I have quite a bit of girl stuff stashed away. Oh well-- im sure it being DH's baby, it will still wear some pink (not early on-- but DH loves his pink dress shirts with the ties).

No names yet-- we wanted to wait until we found out what we are having. Makes for a lot less choices!!

You must keep me updated on you. Only being a week apart-- and both with a boy-- ill be asking you lots of questions!
Right after I found out we went shopping and I would walk into the boys sections and find myself wandering over to the girl clothes to look at all the tint clothes. I was having a problem with finding Landon what I call "big boy clothes". The girls have new born size dresses and 'real' clothes but all the boys have are little onesie things with dogs and overly happy dinosaurs on them.

I persisted and finally found him "big boy clothes". Places to shop online are the Pumpkin Patch! I bought him board shorts, cargo shorts, button down shirts so cute. The Gap had adorable pirate feety pj's and burp clothes etc.

Macys has some really cute things in store but not online.

I keep thinking "What am I going to do with a boy" because I have only ever been around girls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbell111 View Post
My wife and I have pretty much agreed on a girl's name. However, we can't come to terms on a boy's name and I have been no help, basically shooting down all of her suggestions without offering many good ones of my own. She really wants us to figure it out, but I have taken the position that we can just wait until we know the sex. If it's a girl, we're set and don't have to haggle over a boy name.

That's a fine name.

Were you the one who posted the Bonanza question the other day?
Nope, wasn't me with the Bonanza question, lol. We had a girls name picked out too, it was the boys we couldn't decide on.... and we got a boy lol!

Quote:
WHOA! I missed this part! I didnt see it until Sbell quoted you. Landon Michael! I LOVE IT! I LOVE Landon! Gosh-- now I cant use that one! LOL. Such a cute name!
Use it if you want it, it was soooooo hard to come up with a boys name. And it's not like our children are cousins or something strange. My sister says she is naming her son that because she has always wanted to (she's not pregnant or anything) and I just said whatever lol. I'm not changing the name we finally agreed on because you want to use the name in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
Melissa, nice name! Congrats on finally coming to a successful agreement. Boys names always gave DH and I a hard time. I like your choice.

Okay, household chores seem to be kicking me in the butt lately. I feel good but just real tired. Today I cleaned the shower...the chore I hate the most. Now I feel like napping when DS does. When is this 'nesting' thing suppose to kick in...I have so much to do.
Thanks!

I hate cleaning the shower!!! We are going to be moving soon and while I am looking forward to getting the nursery ready I am not looking forward to cleaning and painting.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #202
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

raysnkaysmom ...Welcome Ellasen Victoria!! Born April 4. 7lbs, 7oz, 19 inches!
Scornelius ... due April 12 ... It's a surprise!
sailors_wfe ... due April 22 ... It's a girl!
lulugirl ... due April 28 ... It's a surprise!
TiggerStac ... due April 29 ... It's a boy!
purvislets ... due May 4 ... It's a boy!
Mr. & Mrs. Smith ... due May 4 ... It's staying a surprise!
cseca ... due May 4 ... It's staying a surprise!
december ... due May 19 ... It's a girl!
caitty13 ... due May 28 ... It's a girl!
Piecey ... due June 3 ... It's a boy!
SDFgirl ... due June 3 ... It's a girl!
ShootingStarMom2 ... due June 12 ... It's a boy!
Mommy2Abby ... due June 13 ... It's a surprise!
rparmfamily ... due June 20 ... It's a girl!
Disney Ron ... due June 23 ... It's a girl!
MinnieFan4ever ... due June 27 ... It's a girl!
Ride Junkie... due June 28 ... It's a girl!
Disney Khi ... due June 28 ... It's a surprise!
robnkris ... due July 2 ... It's a boy!
mmkk ... due July 2 ... It's a boy!
NEM ... due July 4 ... It's a boy!
Gator Mickey ... due July 8 ... It's a girl!
DisneyDiva2006 ... due July 9 ... It's a surprise!
vetrik ... due July 9 ... It's a surprise!
goodeats ... due July 10 ... It's a girl!
luckyfin ... due July 17 ... It's a surprise!
harleyquinn ... due July 28 ... It's a girl!
jaleaton... due July 28 ... It's a girl!
MelessaG ... due July 31 ... It's a girl!
HomeSweetDisney ... due August 2 ... It's a boy!
Quennifer2008 ... due August 2 ... It's a surprise!
Fintastic ... due August 19 ... It's a boy!
DannysMom ... due September 5 ... It's a twin surprise!
kami2199 ... due September 7 ... It's a surprise!
Skylarr ... due September 7 ... It's a boy!
Maggimus ... due September 14 ... It's a boy!
MyZoeJane ... due September 16 ... It's a surprise!
helloirishkitty ... due September 23 ... It's a surprise!
connorlevismom ... due October 2 ... It's a surprise!
IHeartTink ... October 5 ... It's a surprise!
CandleontheWater... due November 19... It's a surprise!
sbell111... due November 26... It's a surprise!
ecteacher23... due December 3... It's a surprise!
ZachnElli... due December 8... It's a surprise!

Hopefully I found the latest list and nothing is wrong here. Everyone check your stats and let me know!
Old 04-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #203
mmkk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Okay, I'm horrible and I can't remember who is who on facebook compared to the DIS.
Which one of you guys are Mendy??
Pictures, as requested.
Handprint station at my baby shower... I had people paint their hands, put them on the black foamboard and sign their names with a metallic Sharpie paint pen. The boards will hang on Lucas' wall as my "decorations"

This, I absolutely love. My boss had this quilt made for Lucas:

Me! Those pics were too cute not to share on here! Glad you did!

Veronica--Congrats on the news!!! Its great to have another boy on here!

Old 04-15-2009, 01:57 PM   #204
mmkk
DIS Veteran

Maggie-congrats on your news as well!! (Sorry, I jumped the gun when I posted my last post before I read the entire thread to this point!) Woo-Hoo! Another Boy!!

Speaking of boys names-we have our list narrowed down to four. It was huge before that. Here's what we have:
Lucas James (Patsy-I had completely forgotten that you had chosen this as your name, I hope its okay that we share?!)
Mason Luther
Zander James
Drew Archer

Madeline actually came up with Zander. We want to at least have two names to consider in case he looks more like one than the other. We are leaning toward Mason and Zander at this point. The middle names James and Luther are both family names. And if we go with Mason Luther, he will have the same initials as both Madeline and I.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:00 PM   #205
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkk View Post
Maggie-congrats on your news as well!! (Sorry, I jumped the gun when I posted my last post before I read the entire thread to this point!) Woo-Hoo! Another Boy!!

Speaking of boys names-we have our list narrowed down to four. It was huge before that. Here's what we have:
Lucas James (Patsy-I had completely forgotten that you had chosen this as your name, I hope its okay that we share?!)
Mason Luther
Zander James
Drew Archer

Madeline actually came up with Zander. We want to at least have two names to consider in case he looks more like one than the other. We are leaning toward Mason and Zander at this point. The middle names James and Luther are both family names. And if we go with Mason Luther, he will have the same initials as both Madeline and I.

LOVE Mason but DH was being a brat and would not agree with it.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #206
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:

Mason Luther
Zander James
Drew Archer

We had a hard time coming up with Sage's name when he was born, we had Ella's picked out before we knew her gender...
I like Drew Zander out of the top names I also like Lucas Drew, but then it sounds like you are saying he drew something if it's a middle name

Anyways -
Today we did our first 'true' outing, aside from the wait in line we did Saturday for Easter Bunny pics..
DBF and I took both kids to the bank, to Moes for lunch and to Target. Yay, Ella did really good She loves the car (which is promising for our drive to Orlando next month) and didn't fuss almost the whole time. And we just kept feeding Sage Gerber Puffs, so he was fine... lol
I feel like we completed a task
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Old 04-15-2009, 03:56 PM   #207
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Mason Luther
Zander James
Drew Archer

Thanks!! By the way I love the name Lucas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysnkaysmom View Post
We had a hard time coming up with Sage's name when he was born, we had Ella's picked out before we knew her gender...
I like Drew Zander out of the top names I also like Lucas Drew, but then it sounds like you are saying he drew something if it's a middle name

Anyways -
Today we did our first 'true' outing, aside from the wait in line we did Saturday for Easter Bunny pics..
DBF and I took both kids to the bank, to Moes for lunch and to Target. Yay, Ella did really good She loves the car (which is promising for our drive to Orlando next month) and didn't fuss almost the whole time. And we just kept feeding Sage Gerber Puffs, so he was fine... lol
I feel like we completed a task
I meant to mention earlier that I hope things are going better with you and DBF.

Skylarr- So i thought about you a little while ago. Im at Target and all of this cute airplane stuff is popping out at me. Im like "I MUST TELL HER". LOL. They had cute outfits, nursery blankets and all kinds of stuff!
Old 04-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #208
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

I don't know why is so hard to pick boys names. We agreed early on a girls name. But picking a boys name was so much harder. Maybe it is because you want it to be a good "man name" for when they are older. It is a good thing we are having a girl because I am sure we would still fighting the boys name.

The one thing I did find easier was boys bedding. There was a ton of cute boy bedding I found. It took me a long time to find something I really liked for a girl that wasn't to silly/frilly.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #209
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:

I meant to mention earlier that I hope things are going better with you and DBF.
They are I was ticked for a couple days, but we get over stuff pretty fast
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Old 04-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #210
TiggerStac
I'm going to join in on this one
he sure looks like a dog on the sweatshirt

I need some baby dust, big time!!

After I ended up in L&D last thursday w/contractions, but nothing going on. I've now made "slight" progress. I don't dialte, that's why I have csections, but my oldest was 100% effaced after my 3 inductions. CJ has started to fall.

So my OB told me...just give me a reason to take you early, come on. So if contractions kick up on a regular basis again, I'll go in. He thinks he'll be giving my 2 year old a run for his money..my 2 year old was 11 lbs, he's thinking this one could end up being bigger. I still have 2 weeks.

My work had a baby shower for me today, I was completely surprised, it was so nice, we had a brunch. I'm glad I'll be going back after I have baby. I was torn until I found a new daycare not too long ago.

Anyways....send baby vibes my way!! I'm 37 weeks on Friday, and scheduled 2 weeks from today, but really...don't think I'll make it but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: