Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #1636
POOHDRMR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by apress View Post
Well, I think my morning sickness has kicked in. I was hoping it would not happen this time but after my shower this morning I felt very quesy and have felt this one all morning. I remember being sick with my first but don't think I was really sick with my second. Also this time around I have no desire to do anything. I really have to force myself to go do anything. Has anyone else felt this way? Also forgot to metion in first post that my due date is 1/23.
I am the same way-I have no desire to do anything or go anywhere.I have to push myself to do things around the house cause I feel so sick.With my 1st I worked till 4 months when I went out on bedrest and still didn't want to sit still.Now you find me on the couch or in bed!I will be 11 weeks sunday and I just keep telling myself it will pass soon(I hope)Good luck to you
Old 06-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #1637
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
Patsy, Congratulations to you and your DH!!! Lucas is one beautiful little boy.

-----
Had my 37 week check up today. Emma's heartbeat was 148. My BP was 110/65. I lost 3lbs, which leaves my weight gain so far at 4lbs total. (How I don't know) The baby's head is down, but resting on my back. Everything else as far as measurments and urine were great, & I passed my Strep B.
Next week I start internals to see if I am progressing any downtown.
I had my 36 week check up on Monday. She did an internal. Not the most comfy thing I have ever had. I think she wil be doing one each week from now on. Natalie's heart beat is ususally around the upper 140's but this time she was down to 139. I also had my Strep B test.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2009, 07:14 PM   #1638
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Oh Patsy. That is one beautiful baby Boy He looks like the Gerber Baby!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #1639
ShootingStarMom2
DIS Veteran

Here is our little man and the longer version of DSs story.

My water broke at 12 right after I went to bed. I thought DS was moving around so weird and then there was a popping feeling. I woke DH up and said I think my water just broke! I jumped into the bath while DH called the LD floor to tell them what was going on. By the time we got to the hospital my contractions were very close and very strong. I was at 3cm so I labored for a while just walking around. The contractions were still close together and getting stronger. When our nurse left at 7 we got a new nurse and she had a student nurse with her. She hadn't seen a birth before, so I was nervous about her being there!

I was able to use the birth ball which was comfortable but the pain started getting worse the longer I used it. Which was a good thing because I was progressing but I felt like I was going no where. I sat in the shower for about an hour and a half after that and went another 2 cm. I felt like I was going to be able to go drug free once I got to 6cm but the pain was so unbearable at that point I opted for the epidural. It was the best decision for me because I have no idea how much longer it would have taken to go 4cm or how much longer I could really handle the pain. DH said he doesn't know how I held out because I almost crushed him a few times squeezing his hand so hard.

My doctor was in a c-section with the ans. dr so I had to wait 20 minutes for them to come to my room. Our nurse was a lamaze teacher so she did everything to help me stay focused. I felt so silly in the beginning about being so vocal but I really could have cared less at that point. The louder I yelled the better I felt. Those 20 minutes felt like an eternity. Finally the ans. dr came and did the epidural. He did my first son's as well and surprisingly remembered us and our son's name. The contractions were so close we had to start and stop. I was shaking so hard DH had to hold me along with a nurse just to get me to hold still. The student nurse looked like she was going to hide behind the curtain. I had to stop looking where she was standing! I hope she doesn't change her mind!

After about 30 minutes I was totally comfortable and able to sleep. My whole left side was numb from toe to shoulder so they had to adjust the epi but it remained that way until Cam was born. I did read a few of the questions about the epi wearing off. I guess it is different for everyone (even for this birth it was different for me) because for my first it wore off as I was in back labor and I felt everything for the last hour. They didn't turn it back up because I wouldn't have been able to push effectively. This time I felt nothing this time from 1130 to the minute DS was born. I could feel the pressure sensation and had enough feeling to push but there was no pain.

After I woke up around 1 the nurse came in and said the doctor was coming in to check me. She was on her way to a c-section, after doing 1 more v* delivery and coming out of another c, and really just stopped by to say she would check me after the other delivery. I did feel some pressure so when she told me I was complete and she could see him I was so surprised! I pushed enough to get her to deliver me before leaving. Thank goodness because if she had left I would have ended up with a different doctor or having the nurses deliver him. I was able to sit up this time instead of laying flat and he was born 10 minutes later.

I got to catch DS which was just amazing. If your doctor offers that to you or your husband, I would totally do it! The epidural lasted long enough to make a few minor repairs and we were able to nurse right away. After an hour I had feeling back so I could get up. We came home today and it was so beautiful out. The boys didn't get to wear the matching outfits I got them because it was only low 70s with a breeze. But we're home and resting. I wanted to post before it got crazy around here.

I didn't think I would have DS already here at home but I'm so happy with the way things went. I hope everyone has a great delivery. I see the list is growing longer and so many of you I chatted with are near the top! I will pop into the new new mom's thread and hope to see your photos too. Good luck to the new crowd! Thanks for all the well wishes, I very much appreciate them.

Congrats, Piecey! I'm so happy that everything went well for you in the end. I'm sure you were relieved once you heard the baby cry. You were right about Lucas being a big baby. See, your mothers intuition was working even before you had him! What a cutie. I hope you enjoy every minute of being a new mom. Congrats.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:29 PM   #1640
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieFan4ever View Post
Oh Patsy. That is one beautiful baby Boy He looks like the Gerber Baby!!!
Thank you..

DH and I are trying to figure out who he looks like!!

I got on here hoping to catch back up but I'm exhausted again!

DH is working tomorrow so if I feel up to it I'll report back in the afternoon about the epidural thing... I just can't believe how quick it hits me and wham! I'm ready for some sleep!

At 5:30 tomorrow night we have our "Stork Dinner"... anyone else have a hospital that does this?? We had to fill out our menu tonight for it...
On the last night in the hospital they take your baby to the nursery and wheel in whatever you ordered on a round table and serve it to you with fine china by candlelight.
DH and I both ordered Filet Mignon... I'm a little interested as of the quality of hospital Filet Mignon...

*ETA*
I forgot to add, he got a 9.9 out of 10 on his Apgar! I was so happy and proud, it made me cry all over again...

Last edited by Piecey; 06-04-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #1641
boltfans
Mouseketeer

Piecey - Your son is truly adorable! Congrats! It's not often that newborns look as perfect as him, seriously.

Harleyquinn and others, my husband's an anesthesiologist, so I know a bit abut epis. You can get more medicine added if it wears off, more medicine added if it's simply not taking away enough pain, and some hospitals have epidural pumps so you can continuously give yourself more pain relief as needed. Sometimes, however, the epis don't work at all and they have to restick you. My husband was working overnight in L&D last night and a woman's epi didn't work, he restuck her and still nothing, then she needed a c-section. Since the epis weren't working, they didn't want to try a spinal so they had to put her under general anesthesia for the c-section. Or they can also just numb half the body as well (if incorrectly placed). A good friend had that happen when she had a c-section with her twins, and as they were cutting her, they got to her midline and she screamed. They had to give her a narcotic and she was awake, but completely hallucinogenic during the birth.

As far as they go, if anyone is on the fence, I had my first kid with an epi and 2nd without anything at all and I actually preferred the 2nd birth. Yes, there was intense pain, but I really enjoyed the fact that once he was out I was totally normal instantaneously. I was able to get right out of bed and walk him down to the nursery. With my daughter I needed a wheelchair to get to my recovery room a couple of hours after she was born as I was still sort of numb. I would never denounce epis or anything like that, as I truly needed it for my daughter's birth (intense back labor and a forceps delivery), but if I have a 'normal' labor with this baby, I'd probably try to skip it again just cause I think it really helped me feel myself again faster.

Regarding the mattress, I'd probably just spray it down with Lysol as I think that would kill any possible germs. It's really no different than using the pack n' plays in WDW or wherever and you don't really think twice about that.

ETA: Shooting Star, you've got a cutie there too! Glad to hear you had a pretty nice birth!

Last edited by boltfans; 06-04-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #1642
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkk View Post
Patsy-what an adorable little boy you have!!! I am sorry you had such a horrible time with the epi. Mine never wore off with dd but the midwife did have them let up on it so that I too could feel the sensation to push.

Maggie-I would think that as long as it doesn't have any rips or tears and it looks clean and free of any bedbugs or such then I would think it would be perfectly okay. Just use some of those disinfectant wipes to wipe it down good. You got a great deal though!!

Ann-I wonder if I had my internals this past Monday (I was only technically 35 weeks) because I lost my plug or if my doc does them earlier than yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADAMANDLISA View Post
I agree with everyone else! Baby mattresses are so different than ours. They don't hold a stain like regular ones. Take that awesome deal and run!!!! Great deal!
Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbell111 View Post
I'm not a girl, but I hope you'll still read my post.

I really doubt that you can do any amount of actual cleaning to a mattress. Anything really nasty spilled on it isn't going to be able to 'clean' out. Assuming that it has no stains or smells, I would just put on a mattress protector and keep on stepping. If it had stains or any smellage, it would end up at the dump.
Baby Mattresses (or atleast this one) are different from mattresses like you and I have on our bed. They don't have fabric on the outside (whereas if you were to pee on your mattress.. it would go through and be really hard to get out). If I were to pee on this mattress... it would just sit on the top. It has a plastic top that seems to help waterproof it. It doesnt have any stains and doesn't smell at all! Im definitely going to disinfect with lots of clorox wipies! I typically wouldn't take this from just anyone... but the plastic on the outside along with price kind of sold me on it!
Old 06-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #1643
NEM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHDRMR View Post
I am the same way-I have no desire to do anything or go anywhere.I have to push myself to do things around the house cause I feel so sick.With my 1st I worked till 4 months when I went out on bedrest and still didn't want to sit still.Now you find me on the couch or in bed!I will be 11 weeks sunday and I just keep telling myself it will pass soon(I hope)Good luck to you
I have about 29 weeks to go to my due date and a 16 month old...but I feel like a slug all day...i have to force myself to do anything...i am so ready to not be pregnant anymore.

Michelle
Old 06-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #1644
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Piecey - He is GORGEOUS , congrats!!

ShootingStarMom2 - our little man is a doll too!!

What huge blessings!! Two adorable and healthy boys born this week!

Old 06-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #1645
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Is anyone else going to try natural other than BoltFans?? I am planning on it. I know, maybe I am naive or whatever, but I'm so terrified of the possible side effects of the epi and I don't believe none of the drugs are passed on. . . . plus I've been reading that some people even think the rise in autism has risen equally with the rise in use of epi's. . . I don't know if there is a correlation, but I'm still going to try natural at a birth center and all. My mom totally laughs at me, doesn't think I can do it. . . Sometimes I just want to say, Thanks for the support ma, lol

Old 06-04-2009, 09:51 PM   #1646
boltfans
Mouseketeer

You can do it! Believe me, if I did it, and you really want to be med free, you will survive it. If you're at a birth center, you probably stand a greater chance because they might have a tub or other things to help with the pain.

A little backstory leading to my natural birth with my son. After my daughter, I had no feeling in my outer thighs and knees. I happen to run into my anesthesiologist (my husband was still a med student at the time, thus useless) and he sent me to neurology for a consult. Turns out I had nerve damage that was most likely from the baby's head pressing on a nerve throughout labor, or during the 2 hours it took to push her out. Now, the epi had little to do with it, but the neuro did say that if I didn't have the epi, I would have felt pain from the nerve being compressed and would have moved positions and would likely have been fine. It took about 6 months to go away and even now, over 5 years later, I still am not 100%.

So when I was pregnant with my son I was determined not to get an epi because I didn't want to risk more nerve damage. Then I went into labor 4 weeks early, was totally unprepared, and was home alone with my then 2yo. I was waiting for either my husband to get home from work (I was paging him with no success) or my friend to get there and take me to the hospital. Neither happened, so finally the pain was so bad, the contractions were practically back to back, that Itook my 2yo and drove myself to the hospital. The pain at that point was intense, and I was alone with a toddler, so I wanted that epi regardless of nerve damage just to get some control over the situation.

However, my son's heart rate was dangerously low so they said no epi for me as I needed to remain in a specific position or his heartrate was dropping lower. Also, no IV pain meds as it was too close to delivery. I was already at 8cm when I got to the hospital (8:45am) and my son was born at 10:03am, so the really bad pain didn't last that long, I'd guess from about 9:30am on.

Now I know that if I had gotten to the hospital sooner and been confined to my bed in a certain position for hours, I would have gone nuts, but since it wasn't too long it was totally managable. And this time around, I have the knowledge of how great I felt afterwards to motivate me.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:13 PM   #1647
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for sharing bolt fans!

The birth center does have a tub in each of the rooms and lots of other things - birth ball, chair, etc.

Have any of you seen House of Babies?? That is the Maternity Center I am going to.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #1648
MelessaG
Proud Mommy of 4!
Jimmy Fallon can update my weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Thank you..

DH and I are trying to figure out who he looks like!!

I got on here hoping to catch back up but I'm exhausted again!

DH is working tomorrow so if I feel up to it I'll report back in the afternoon about the epidural thing... I just can't believe how quick it hits me and wham! I'm ready for some sleep!

At 5:30 tomorrow night we have our "Stork Dinner"... anyone else have a hospital that does this?? We had to fill out our menu tonight for it...
On the last night in the hospital they take your baby to the nursery and wheel in whatever you ordered on a round table and serve it to you with fine china by candlelight.
DH and I both ordered Filet Mignon... I'm a little interested as of the quality of hospital Filet Mignon...

*ETA*
I forgot to add, he got a 9.9 out of 10 on his Apgar! I was so happy and proud, it made me cry all over again...
Congratulations Patsy! He is a gorgeous baby. Let us know about the filet mignon. (I've heard of "stork dinners" before, but they don't do them here. Or at least they didn't 5 years ago.)

Mom to DD (12) DS (9) DD (7) DD (5) and a Bonus Baby born 08/04/2009

SOG '99, off-site '01 & '02, AKL '04, POR '05 and FW in '06!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:58 AM   #1649
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
Thanks so much for sharing bolt fans!

The birth center does have a tub in each of the rooms and lots of other things - birth ball, chair, etc.

Have any of you seen House of Babies?? That is the Maternity Center I am going to.
I'm pain meds all the way, but if I was going to that Center, I would totally be willing to strongly consider natural! The people there seem amazing and totally ready to handle anything!
Old 06-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #1650
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

rparmfamily posted on the new moms thread that her little girl arrived! Hopefully she'll come over here and give us details!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: