Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #1621
december
DIS Veteran

Congrats Piecey!

I think there must be different ways to do the epi? I got a port that stayed in my back with all 3, and they just added meds to it.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #1622
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
Congrats Piecey!

I think there must be different ways to do the epi? I got a port that stayed in my back with all 3, and they just added meds to it.
Well after reading from Maggie's very helpful link, it seems that sometimes the meds will run out and then wear off. But you should be able to get more meds...? Also at a certain point a lot of drs stop the meds so you have some sensation to push.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #1623
december
DIS Veteran

I felt the pressure and urge to push with the epi-just no pain. But all drs are different.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #1624
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Well after reading from Maggie's very helpful link, it seems that sometimes the meds will run out and then wear off. But you should be able to get more meds...? Also at a certain point a lot of drs stop the meds so you have some sensation to push.
btw- i googled that link and it came up. I do not post there. It was actually really odd that it was a pretty recent post on that site as well.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #1625
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Girls I have a question.

A friend of mine and I were at a yard sale (very clean looking people- nice neighborhood) and the people were selling a baby mattress. I think it's a Sealy... anyway it has a waterproof outside and I made sure to ask whether the house was smoked in (and they said it wasnt). They wanted $5 for it... and for $5 I couldn't say no, so I bought it. Is there anything I should worry about? Any precautions I need to take? Or any special way I should go about cleaning it? It looks new and doesnt look as though its seen many nights of slumber. LOL. I figured for the money if I through it out it wouldnt be a big deal (although I would craigslist it first).

Any thoughts?
Old 06-04-2009, 03:46 PM   #1626
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Patsy, Congratulations to you and your DH!!! Lucas is one beautiful little boy.

Quote:
And question...an epidural can wear off?!!? I thought it was a continuous thing!
Absolutely, with DS I got two...I had issues where mine were wearing off on one side of my body. Pain was not to bad, but on my left side I could feel the contraction.

-----
Had my 37 week check up today. Emma's heartbeat was 148. My BP was 110/65. I lost 3lbs, which leaves my weight gain so far at 4lbs total. (How I don't know) The baby's head is down, but resting on my back. Everything else as far as measurments and urine were great, & I passed my Strep B.
Next week I start internals to see if I am progressing any downtown.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #1627
mmkk
DIS Veteran

Patsy-what an adorable little boy you have!!! I am sorry you had such a horrible time with the epi. Mine never wore off with dd but the midwife did have them let up on it so that I too could feel the sensation to push.

Maggie-I would think that as long as it doesn't have any rips or tears and it looks clean and free of any bedbugs or such then I would think it would be perfectly okay. Just use some of those disinfectant wipes to wipe it down good. You got a great deal though!!

Ann-I wonder if I had my internals this past Monday (I was only technically 35 weeks) because I lost my plug or if my doc does them earlier than yours.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:06 PM   #1628
sbell111
I don't care if people walk slowly, as long as they are willing to do it behind me
Our roomba locked itself in the laundry room not too long ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
Girls I have a question.

A friend of mine and I were at a yard sale (very clean looking people- nice neighborhood) and the people were selling a baby mattress. I think it's a Sealy... anyway it has a waterproof outside and I made sure to ask whether the house was smoked in (and they said it wasnt). They wanted $5 for it... and for $5 I couldn't say no, so I bought it. Is there anything I should worry about? Any precautions I need to take? Or any special way I should go about cleaning it? It looks new and doesnt look as though its seen many nights of slumber. LOL. I figured for the money if I through it out it wouldnt be a big deal (although I would craigslist it first).

Any thoughts?
I'm not a girl, but I hope you'll still read my post.

I really doubt that you can do any amount of actual cleaning to a mattress. Anything really nasty spilled on it isn't going to be able to 'clean' out. Assuming that it has no stains or smells, I would just put on a mattress protector and keep on stepping. If it had stains or any smellage, it would end up at the dump.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:33 PM   #1629
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Girls I have a question.

Any thoughts?
I agree with everyone else. If you don't see any visable problems or smell anything off...wipe it down to the best of your ability and put a waterproof pad on it...the baby's a lot closer to the pad/sheets than the matress. Nice find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
Had my 37 week check up today. Emma's heartbeat was 148. My BP was 110/65. I lost 3lbs, which leaves my weight gain so far at 4lbs total. (How I don't know) The baby's head is down, but resting on my back. Everything else as far as measurments and urine were great, & I passed my Strep B.
Next week I start internals to see if I am progressing any downtown.
Man I hope I lose 3 pounds this week! lol Not going to happen! the thougtht of coming out overall under the 200 mark keeps me in line. I figure even if I gain, I could lose the next week. I'm certainly not eating those 300 extra calories...I can barely eat at all.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #1630
staley7580
Hangs Out With Hyenas
He is cute now!! Before he was just illegal
I like big butts and I cannot lie

Quote:
And question...an epidural can wear off?!!? I thought it was a continuous thing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
Congrats Piecey!

I Have had it go both ways... With the twins it was continuous...I had a little button to push for more if i needed. But with my first it totally wore off.
Quote:
Girls I have a question.

Any thoughts?
I think its fine!

Yay Patsy!!! What a doll!

Old 06-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #1631
ADAMANDLISA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Girls I have a question.

Any thoughts?

I agree with everyone else! Baby mattresses are so different than ours. They don't hold a stain like regular ones. Take that awesome deal and run!!!! Great deal!

10/12 POR-FQ 5/12 Bonnet Creek 9/11 OKW 1/11 ASSp 9/10 AKV 6/10 OKW 2/10 VWL 5/09 OKW/BWV 9/08 AKV 5/08 SSR 9/07 ASSp 11/06 ASMo Various offsite and DL
Old 06-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #1632
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkk View Post
Ann-I wonder if I had my internals this past Monday (I was only technically 35 weeks) because I lost my plug or if my doc does them earlier than yours.
My Dr. did one last week at 36 weeks after she did the Strep B culture. She said they don't like to start doing them till 38 weeks because it can induce labor in some woman. I still think alot of practices do things differently.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #1633
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Congrats Patsy! He is adorable!!!

Now I know to watch my epi drip closely. If that thing gets below half, I'm asking for a refill!
Old 06-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #1634
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow...this is like the first fact that I regret ever finding out! lol But at least I can keep the whole not too early thing in my brain.
Also keep in mind that everyone perceives pain differently. And of course Patsy had not only labor pain, but also gallbladder pain to cope with.

I've mentioned before that *all* my contractions are painless tightening. Over the last 2 weeks I've had the occassion to joke w/ several nurses & doctors that it'd be just awesome, if I were at or near term, at 20-something weeks not so great.... IME I don't experience pain until I'm in full blown transition & ready to blow out a baby.

My big fear is not noticing I'm in labor until it's too late to get back to the hospital w/ the regional perinatal center & NICU. I probably wouldn't get an epidural except that unless I show up at the hospital and it's too late, the doctor will probably insist, since twins are about a 50% chance for c/s.

I guess my long & rambling point is don't assume the experience that everyone else describes will be *your* experience -- we're all very different, and you won't know how things will go for you, until you get there.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #1635
Linzybrooke
DIS Veteran

Patsy, congrats on your little man! He is a doll!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: