Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #1591
NEM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Talk to your DR!!!! I'm taking 2 Zantac a day (mine says the limit is 2 per day)...I'll occasionally have to take some tums too. There are perscriptions they will give, if it's really bad. But as Patsy can attest to, really, REALLY bad heartburn can be a sign of gallblader problems, so your DR needs to know.

Definitely try frequent small meals and avoid Chocolate and anything acidy--oh and my biggest heartburn trigger is water--I guess it's really common, so watch that too.
I was told (2) max per day also. But I also take prescrip Nexium and then Tums for some immediate relief...but it does not last long at all.

My gall bladder is already out...at this point, I think that I just am going to have to suffer, but last night I ate some bread in the eve...nothing else and I did not have too many problems...maybe it absorbed some of the acid...I dont knwo...I am going to try that again tonight.

Good luck to you!

Michelle
Old 06-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #1592
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Okay, we're 2 vs 2 now...anyone else?

Also, between the 10% off code, I'm paying nothing for tax or shipping...and the tax on the $159.99 swing is another $10.40, so it's really a $100 difference.

If I just knew my Kohl's charge number (I can't find the stupid card) I'd get another 5% off and free shipping...I guess I need to find that...
I would do the switch - $100 is a lot of diapers and a couple packs of batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
Hello everyone. I havent been around much this past week-- just being lazy laying by the pool and stuff.

Has anyone had experience with the Rhogam shot? I have to get it in my rear end on my next apt.... not looking forward to that one (lol Patsy reminded me when she said she didnt want people looking at her butt).

Patsy-- dont forget to update us on your little one! We will all be eager to hear and see photos ofcourse!!
I got a Rhogam shot at 6 weeks - They didn't say why, but wouldn't let meleave without one from the ER (I went in with some cramping and wanting to make sure all was well). Everything was fine but they still made me get it. Mid-wife says it is probably as a precaution in case I miscarried. Anyhow, mine was in the behind, I thought everyone's had to be??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStarMom2 View Post
Hi everyone,
Well after having dinner at my dad's DH and I went to bed. About 10 minutes later my water broke. We got to the hospital at 12am with contractions 4 apart and the baby was born today at 130.

Cameron is 7lb 15oz and 20 1/2 inches long

I was in labor from 12am until 130pm. I didn't want drugs so we went without until 11 where I couldn't take the pain anymore. We labored in the shower, on a birth ball, on the bed in 50 different positions. When the dr came to do the epidural my contractions were 30 seconds apart. It was so hard to hold still. Luckily our nurse was a Lamaze teacher so she really helped me focus and breathe through the worst of it. After the epidural kicked in I got to nap for about an hour.

At 115 the doctor came to check me. She was on her way to a c-section (3 on the floor today) and said I was 10 and complete. I was so surprised! I thought there was no way I went from 5 to 10 in under 3 hours. She asked me to give her a sample push to see if she should go to the C but I ended up pushing Cam out in 10 minutes. I am so relieved it's over. I will post a picture in the upcoming days. He's just perfect, and looks just like his big brother. We are totally in love.

Good luck Patsy with tomorrow.
CONGRATS!!! I cannot wait to see him!

Patsy - hope all is going well for you today!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #1593
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post

I got a Rhogam shot at 6 weeks - They didn't say why, but wouldn't let meleave without one from the ER (I went in with some cramping and wanting to make sure all was well). Everything was fine but they still made me get it. Mid-wife says it is probably as a precaution in case I miscarried. Anyhow, mine was in the behind, I thought everyone's had to be??

Have you miscarried before? Maybe they thought that your body might reject this pregnancy? Ive never heard of it being given that early on in pregnancy unless it was the second child and it happened so quickly after the first (which is why they now make you get one while pregnant and one just after delivery-- so that you have that shot in case you do get pregnant again quickly that your body wont reject the pregnancy and you won't miscarry).

I, too, thought they were all given in the behind.

http://www.rhogam.com/Patient/WhatRh...hNegative.aspx
Old 06-03-2009, 05:17 PM   #1594
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
Have you miscarried before? Maybe they thought that your body might reject this pregnancy? Ive never heard of it being given that early on in pregnancy unless it was the second child and it happened so quickly after the first (which is why they now make you get one while pregnant and one just after delivery-- so that you have that shot in case you do get pregnant again quickly that your body wont reject the pregnancy and you won't miscarry).

I, too, thought they were all given in the behind.

http://www.rhogam.com/Patient/WhatRh...hNegative.aspx
Nope - thankfully I have not ever had a m/c. This is my first time EVER being pregnant. They were ready to let me go home, and then the Dr. came out and was like, there is a bit of an issue - you are o- and we can't let you go home until you've had Rhogam. . . so I did it because I wanted to leave. . . . wasn't sure why I was getting it either, but it seemed to be the hospital's policy.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:50 PM   #1595
boltfans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTigger99 View Post
Okay, my morning sickness ladies. I can't remember when it started with my DS. But when it started BAM! I was sick all 9 months, at least once a day. In the hospital 6 times for dehydration. Not pleasant at all!! So, I am about 5 1/2 weeks pregnant right now. I am soooo worried that I am going to be sick like I was with my first. Also, we are leaving for Disney on June 11th, and we haven't been on a family vacation since December 2002, so I am worried I will be a Debbie Downer and be sick all vacation! Any words of wisdom??

I am 4.5 weeks right now and with my 1st 2 kids, the morning sickness started at 5.5 weeks. It was all day, every day, so, so bad. The 2nd kid was worse than the first. With this one, it has already started and we're leaving for Myrtle Beach and WDW on June 12th so I am already dreading it just like you. I don't have any words of wisdom, just wanted to let you know you're not alone, literally in fact since we'll be there the same time!

Piecey - I hope things went well for you today and that you're holding your little boy in your arms right now!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:50 PM   #1596
Linzybrooke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneycrazy!! View Post
One more question for everyone...I don't remember this with last pregnancy...but does anyone get a sharp pain behind their belly button....it is so annoying and only does it when sitting up.
I get that sharp pain when I cough. Not fun. Glad I'm not alone though!

Shootingstar, congrats! Can't wait to see pics of you precious one!

Scornelius, your little Dawson is adorable!!!! Makes me get all melty inside!

Patsy, good luck!!!!!! We hope to hear from you soon!

Is it wierd that I haven't heard of these Rhogan shots at all? What are they for? Am I totally out of the loop?
Old 06-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #1597
boltfans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzybrooke View Post
Is it wierd that I haven't heard of these Rhogan shots at all? What are they for? Am I totally out of the loop?
Unless you have a negative blood type, you don't need to worry about it.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #1598
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Patsy ~ I hope little Lucas is here and all is well. Thinking of you

Old 06-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #1599
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

Congratulations, ShootingStarMom! Cameron is soooooo cute

Patsy, I thought of you today! I hope everything went well and you're spending time with Lucas as I type this. Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy
Old 06-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #1600
mmkk
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to update: Patsy had her little boy yesterday at 10:04 pm. I will let her post all the exciting details but I saw that a friend of hers posted the update on her fb and wanted to share with you all. He says that momma and baby are doing well!

Congrats Patsy! Can't wait till you are up to posting some pics!!

Old 06-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #1601
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

3D/4D ultrasound ??

I'm going to go to a place that has a package for 4D ultrasound where you go twice. Once between 20 and 27 weeks and once between 28 and 36 weeks. When would you go??

I have a regular ultrasound next week (22 weeks, because they couldn't get the heart valve measurements at the anatomy scan because she was curled up).

So, I was thinking 26 weeks and I can't decide on the second, what would you do/suggest??

Old 06-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #1602
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
I'm going to go to a place that has a package for 4D ultrasound where you go twice. Once between 20 and 27 weeks and once between 28 and 36 weeks. When would you go??

I have a regular ultrasound next week (22 weeks, because they couldn't get the heart valve measurements at the anatomy scan because she was curled up).

So, I was thinking 26 weeks and I can't decide on the second, what would you do/suggest??
I would go with somewhere between 32 and 34 since the first one will be at 26, you'll want to wait past 28...plus I'd love to see mine right now!! I'd want to make sure it was early enough if she does come a bit early, but not too soon or late knowing that she'd be here so close to the U/S.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #1603
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:

We went to the same place for ours. We just had the first one last week right before 25 weeks and we are doing the second one at 30 weeks. I've heard if you go too late the baby is too crowded to get good pictures. My booger likes to sleep through EVERY ultra sound so we'll see what happens. I posted some photos a few pages back. He kept putting his hand over his face lol. It was a great experience.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #1604
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Everything was fine but they still made me get it. Mid-wife says it is probably as a precaution in case I miscarried. Anyhow, mine was in the behind, I thought everyone's had to be?

Patsy - hope all is going well for you today!
They told me if I had ANY bleeding with my pregnancy that I needed to go straight to the hospital and get a Rhogam injection...
I never had any bleeding, so I just got the regular one at 28wks or whenever it was... mine was definitely in my shoulder, though. Lucas is + so I'll have to get another and I hope it's not in my bumm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltfans View Post
Piecey - I hope things went well for you today and that you're holding your little boy in your arms right now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzybrooke View Post

Patsy, good luck!!!!!! We hope to hear from you soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarr29 View Post
Patsy ~ I hope little Lucas is here and all is well. Thinking of you
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetDisney View Post

Patsy, I thought of you today! I hope everything went well and you're spending time with Lucas as I type this. Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkk View Post
Just wanted to update: Patsy had her little boy yesterday at 10:04 pm. I will let her post all the exciting details but I saw that a friend of hers posted the update on her fb and wanted to share with you all. He says that momma and baby are doing well!

Congrats Patsy! Can't wait till you are up to posting some pics!!
Thanks! That was my brother that posted- he loves to spread the joy of his nephew already!

Last edited by Piecey; 06-04-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #1605
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Congrats Patsy!!! Welcome baby Lucas!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: