Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 09:58 PM   #1576
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

ShootingStar- Congrats!!! Glad to hear everything is okay with you and your baby boy Cameron!!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #1577
MelessaG
Proud Mommy of 4!
Jimmy Fallon can update my weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneycrazy!! View Post
Is any of the other moms to be having problems with heartburn? I am taking Zantac 2 times a day but recently my heartburn has gotten worse...no matter what I try to eat. I am so miserable and still have a little over 3 months left.... I took 3 Zantacs today but I am worried that it may be to much but the pain is awful.
I've been miserable with heartburn for awhile now. I've taken Zantac in previous pregnancies and it helped, but really not that much more than taking Tums or just riding it out which is what I've been doing so far for this pregnancy. I'm almost 32 weeks now and this has been going on for several weeks now. At least the Tums gives me calcium. I would say to talk to your Dr. if you are worried about too many Zantac. I just wanted you to know you weren't the only one suffering.

Mom to DD (12) DS (9) DD (7) DD (5) and a Bonus Baby born 08/04/2009

SOG '99, off-site '01 & '02, AKL '04, POR '05 and FW in '06!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #1578
NEM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Is any of the other moms to be having problems with heartburn? I am taking Zantac 2 times a day but recently my heartburn has gotten worse...no matter what I try to eat. I am so miserable and still have a little over 3 months left.... I took 3 Zantacs today but I am worried that it may be to much but the pain is awful.
Oh goodness yes...that is my biggest complaint (other than exhaustion) of this pregnancy. My doctor has me on prescription Nexium and Zantac (300mg) and all the Tums I need....it still is there. I have been dealing with this for the last 2-3 months...with 30 days or so left to go. It is worse if I lay on my right side....and not too bad if I lay on my left. I wish I had a magic answer...but I am finding eating small amounts of food seems to help...which is why I think I have lost 4 pounds in the last 6 weeks...I am so tired of the indigestion and reflux...

Good luck, but tell your doctor...they may give you a prescription to try to help.

Michelle
Old 06-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #1579
Disneycrazy!!
DIS Veteran

How many of the zantacs do you take a day? Mine are 150 mg, I just took 1 about 45 mins ago...no relief yet. I am searching my med cabinets for Tums...can't find the darn things anywhere...trying not to panic...LOL
I actually sleep on my right side, i get relief somewhat....

One more question for everyone...I don't remember this with last pregnancy...but does anyone get a sharp pain behind their belly button....it is so annoying and only does it when sitting up.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:01 AM   #1580
Scornelius
Suburban Princess
My last doctor didn't even make eye contact

Thanks so much ladies!! He really is an awesome baby. Soooo calm and happy. He's got a smile for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Scornelius, Dawson is soooo cute. Congrats!! And jeez, 10 lbs!!! no wonder you ended up going c-section. Big baby.

How are you recovering?
I'm doing really well now! The first week was rough, the second was still a bit painful, but after that I was pretty darned good. Dawson was born on a Tuesday, we went home on the friday, and DH was back at work on Monday, so I needed to be able to take care of him myself by then.

We've done really well with breastfeeding. His blood sugar was super low when he was born, and I didn't get to see/hold him for 9 hours so that started us on the wrong foot. They pumped him full of formula when he was only half and hour old! Then I retained some placenta, I have PCOS, he had a tongue tie, my milk didn't come in for over a week.... it was really hard. But we've persevered, I bought a pump, took tons of milk-boosters, (28 pills a day!!), made lactation cookies... the list goes on and on! I'm still having supply issues, but yesterday he only needed 1 bottle of formula! I'm so proud! Normally he takes 2 or 3. I'm still working towards EBF.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:12 AM   #1581
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is any of the other moms to be having problems with heartburn?
Awful heartburn, but mine did not start until I was in my 8th month. They told me to take Pepcid A/C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStarMom2 View Post
Cameron is 7lb 15oz and 20 1/2 inches long
Congratulations !!!! What a nice size baby and a wonderful delivery. Enjoy that bundle of joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scornelius View Post
I'm finally back! And I'm a mommy!!!

Mr James Dawson (though we're calling him Dawson or JD) Born on April 14 at 11:37am. 10lbs, 22"!

Congratulations! He is so cute. Warm wishes to all of you.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #1582
mmkk
DIS Veteran

Shootingstar-Congrats!!! It sounds like you had a pretty routine labor, which is always nice!! Can't wait to see some pics.

Scornelius-CUTE as a Bug in a RUG!!!!!! Dawson is absolutely gorgeous, and that GRIN!!!

Sending happy thoughts Patsy's way for today!!!

I'm still here-each day I wonder, will it be today? I did manage to go to a friends yesterday and get in the pool, which felt wonderful!! And I got a little color on my pasty white body! So now I at least have some tan fat!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #1583
BabyTigger99
The most beautiful words in the world?
Complete Remission!!!!

I love that song!!!! But it just drips of gouda!!!

Okay, my morning sickness ladies. I can't remember when it started with my DS. But when it started BAM! I was sick all 9 months, at least once a day. In the hospital 6 times for dehydration. Not pleasant at all!! So, I am about 5 1/2 weeks pregnant right now. I am soooo worried that I am going to be sick like I was with my first. Also, we are leaving for Disney on June 11th, and we haven't been on a family vacation since December 2002, so I am worried I will be a Debbie Downer and be sick all vacation! Any words of wisdom??
Old 06-03-2009, 11:24 AM   #1584
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

BabyTigger- May with this pregnancy you wont get morning sickness. Have fun at Disney and remember to drink TONS of water and take it easy a bit.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #1585
mmkk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTigger99 View Post
Okay, my morning sickness ladies. I can't remember when it started with my DS. But when it started BAM! I was sick all 9 months, at least once a day. In the hospital 6 times for dehydration. Not pleasant at all!! So, I am about 5 1/2 weeks pregnant right now. I am soooo worried that I am going to be sick like I was with my first. Also, we are leaving for Disney on June 11th, and we haven't been on a family vacation since December 2002, so I am worried I will be a Debbie Downer and be sick all vacation! Any words of wisdom??
Every pregnancy is so different. I was only sick with my dd for about 3 weeks, with this one, its been the entire pregnancy. Although its not every day but I do still get sick in the mornings probably every third or fourth day on avg. So try not to fret because you may have no problems at all! And enjoy your Disney trip!! This will be the first year we don't make it over there.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #1586
POOHDRMR
DIS Veteran

Had my doctors app last night and everything is good.He told me I just need to hang in there with the nassea-it is good because it means the hormones are working(I told him I don't feel like it's good!)Only 2 more weeks and then I can stop the progesterone so maybe it will get better after that.He also changed my vitamins to see if that helps.The heartbeat is good and I go back in 2 weeks(had lots of complications with my first so I am on tighter watch)I go this Friday for a 24 hour heart monitor test at my cardiologists(was on medication before the pregnancy for rapid heartrate)just to make sure everything is good.I was very cautious in the beginning in case anything happened but I am getting more excited as the weeks go on that I am going to have another child.I look at pictures of my daughter when she was born and it seems so long ago.I miss the little baby feet!! I don't know anyone else near me right now having a baby-when I was pregnant the first time my sister was too.We were 2 months apart so we had each other to complain too!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #1587
apress
Mouseketeer

Well, I think my morning sickness has kicked in. I was hoping it would not happen this time but after my shower this morning I felt very quesy and have felt this one all morning. I remember being sick with my first but don't think I was really sick with my second. Also this time around I have no desire to do anything. I really have to force myself to go do anything. Has anyone else felt this way? Also forgot to metion in first post that my due date is 1/23.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #1588
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

I agree each pregnany is very diff. The only common factor with mine were that I can not stomach prenatals, so the Dr. advised me not to take them.
This pregnancy I just took folic acid tablet and a flinestone vitamin. With DS I was sick for almost 6 months straight and it started right away. With this pregnancy it started a little further along and only last for the first trimester.

I have been very sluggish this entire pregnancy and have very little energy.
Good luck to all you newly expecting DISers... my end is in sight, only three more weeks !

Ann

Old 06-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #1589
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Welcome Cameron!!
caitty13 ... Welcome Lilliana Mae. Born May 28, 7 lbs, 5 ounces, 19in!
Piecey ... due June 3 ... It's a boy!
SDFgirl ... due June 3 ... It's a girl!
ShootingStarMom2 ... Welcome Cameron! Born June 2…7 lbs 15 ounces, 20.5 inches!!
Mommy2Abby ... due June 13 ... It's a surprise!
rparmfamily ... due June 20 ... It's a girl!
Disney Ron ... due June 23 ... It's a girl!
MinnieFan4ever ... due June 27 ... It's a girl!
Ride Junkie... due June 28 ... It's a girl!
Disney Khi ... due June 28 ... It's a surprise!
robnkris ... due July 2 ... It's a boy!
mmkk ... due July 2 ... It's a boy!
NEM ... due July 4 ... It's a boy!
Gator Mickey ... due July 8 ... It's a girl!
DisneyDiva2006 ... due July 9 ... It's a surprise!
vetrik ... due July 9 ... It's a surprise!
goodeats ... due July 10 ... It's a girl!
tone.def ... due July 15 ... It's a girl!
luckyfin ... due July 17 ... It's a surprise!
harleyquinn ... due July 28 ... It's a girl!
jaleaton... due July 28 ... It's a girl!
MelessaG ... due July 31 ... It's a girl!
HomeSweetDisney ... due August 2 ... It's a boy!
Quennifer2008 ... due August 2 ... It's a surprise!
Fintastic ... due August 19 ... It's a boy!
DannysMom ... due September 5 ... It's a boy!! AND It's a girl!!
kami2199 ... due September 7 ... It's a surprise!
Skylarr ... due September 7 ... It's a boy!
Maggimus ... due September 14 ... It's a boy!
yellowfish78 ... due September 15 ... It's a surprise!
MyZoeJane ... due September 16 ... It's a surprise!
Disneycrazy ... due September 20 ... It's a boy!
helloirishkitty ... due September 23 ... It's a boy!
TinkerbellRN ... due September 23 ... It's a boy!
IHeartTink ... October 1 ... It's a surprise!
connorlevismom ... due October 2 ... It's a surprise!
Linzybrooke ... October 9 ... It's a boy!
Adi12982 ... October 16 ... It's a girl!
KristEn87 ... due November 19... It's a surprise!
CandleontheWater ... due November 19... It's a surprise!
sbell111 ... due November 26... It's a surprise!
ecteacher23 ... due December 3... It's a surprise!
taraprather ... due December 15... It's a surprise!
POOHDRMR ... due December 28... It's a surprise!
apress ... due January 23... It's a surprise!
Jenny-momof3 ... due January 17... It's a surprise!
BabyTigger99 ... due January 30... It's a surprise!
trmcguire ... due February ... It's a surprise!
boltfans ... due February 5ish... It's a surprise!
Old 06-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #1590
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Talk to your DR!!!! I'm taking 2 Zantac a day (mine says the limit is 2 per day)...I'll occasionally have to take some tums too. There are perscriptions they will give, if it's really bad. But as Patsy can attest to, really, REALLY bad heartburn can be a sign of gallblader problems, so your DR needs to know.

Definitely try frequent small meals and avoid Chocolate and anything acidy--oh and my biggest heartburn trigger is water--I guess it's really common, so watch that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTigger99 View Post
If you are sick (and we'll all hope you're not!)...all my best advice is about meals. I went when I was 8 weeks and I was miserable, but I could have been miserable at home too! Are you on the dining plan or have any ADRs?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: