Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #1516
ShootingStarMom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
lol Really? I feel like $90 is a big difference just for the plug...but DH agrees with you. The regular price in a no brainer--the $20 difference is much easier to swallow...why can't they all just be plug ins?!
That would be nice, wouldn't it? We got the Boppy travel swing, put it together, and took it apart later that night. Yet another trip back to BBRU. I just didn't like it even after registering for it. So we did without a swing entirely for DS1. We just did bouncy chairs.

I didn't want a huge swing taking up the livingroom but now with 100 firetrucks laying around I of course have less room than before. Go figure. I'm sure that either swing will make the baby happy.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #1517
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmcguire View Post
We have a battery operated swing and we have not changed the batteries once since DS was born 5 1/2 months ago.
Ack! Do you use it a lot? I sort of figured that you can't go through batteries too fast or no one would buy the battery operated ones...maybe I can find some reviews that discuss battery life to convince him...

I'm going to leave it to fate...I had to request a new Kohl's card, so I either have to wait for it to arrive in the mail, do the order over the phone, or go up to Kohl's to get the number.

I can't do the other options until tomorrow night, so if it's still available then, I just might do it...lol Too much stress over a swing!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #1518
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStarMom2 View Post
That would be nice, wouldn't it? We got the Boppy travel swing, put it together, and took it apart later that night. Yet another trip back to BBRU. I just didn't like it even after registering for it. So we did without a swing entirely for DS1. We just did bouncy chairs.

I didn't want a huge swing taking up the livingroom but now with 100 firetrucks laying around I of course have less room than before. Go figure. I'm sure that either swing will make the baby happy.
I'm definitely concerned about the space issue...the swings are about the same size--HUGE--if we put it in her room, it would take up all of the remaining floor space...in the living room, we'd have to put it in front of the front door...or we could put it in the basement that right now we don't use all that much...but when she's here, it'll be a few degrees cooler down there even with the AC, so that might be where it goes...along with the giant hand-me-down bassinet! lol
Old 06-01-2009, 07:06 PM   #1519
Jenny-momof3
DIS Veteran

I have that swing... and mine is battery operated. I've only had to change the batteries a handful of times... and my ds LIVED in that swing for the first 6 months!

Mine has taken a beating after being loaned out to many friends. For that kind of deal... I may just get a new one. Thanks to who posted!

July'08 POP/WH, July'09 BCV/AKV,NOV'09 POP,MAR'10 WH,Dec.'10 POP, Mar'11 POP,July'11AK,Nov.'11 POP,Mar.12 WL/SSR, July'12 BCV/BLT,Dec '12 BC/AOA, Jan.13 WL, Apr.'13 BC, Jun. '13 SSR
Old 06-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #1520
harleyquinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny-momof3 View Post
I have that swing... and mine is battery operated. I've only had to change the batteries a handful of times... and my ds LIVED in that swing for the first 6 months!

Mine has taken a beating after being loaned out to many friends. For that kind of deal... I may just get a new one. Thanks to who posted!
No problem! BTW the free shipping code w/o a kohl's card expired, so that doesn't work anymore...
Old 06-01-2009, 07:31 PM   #1521
mmkk
DIS Veteran

Hi all! I'm trying to still catch up with everything from this weekend on here! Wow, we sure have a lot of new moms!! WELCOME!!!! Its so exciting to have some new babies to be on the list!

Valerie and Patsy-My thoughts and prayers are with you both (as well as with Shootingstarmom2). Sending some pixie dust your way too!

Well, I told ya'll about losing my plug last Thursday evening right? I had a doctor's appt. today and they did the swab for strep. They also checked me since I lost the plug already. Apparently I am now 2 cm (I have been 1 cm for quite a while-since the first time I went to L&D oh about 2 months ago) and 80% effaced!!!! He is not in the birth canal or else I would be dilated more but the head nurse siad she wouldn't be at all surprised if I deliver in the next week or two!

I have had some more painful contractions (nothing regular though) than I have had so far bur I contribute that to her checking me.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #1522
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting the Kohls info Sarah! The swing I found is actually a swing/bouncer combo from Burlington Coat Factory - but I may check on some of the other deals that were mentioned. (BTW - what part of CLE are you from? I'm in the CAK area...)

There definately *is* something in the water! My cousin is due 7/14; my other friend 7/24 and another friend on 8/1. Lot's of babies!

Did anyone (around 25 weeks at least...) feel like they aren't pregnant yet?? Sounds odd, but just I feel like I'm getting fatter, the girls are getting huge and there is no belly to show that I'm actually pregnant. Everyone is telling me to enjoy it while I can before I'm getting kicked from the inside out and can't see my feet...I guess I just don't like being in this limbo-like stage...
Old 06-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #1523
Linzybrooke
DIS Veteran

Caitty13, your new princess is just precious! Congratulations!

Valerie, yikes! Prayers that everything goes as should, and your babies stay safe and sound. Love the names!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
Just for piece of mind. . .

Did you all feel a lot of pressure and such down below (like where you would normally feel cramps)?? I am 20 weeks and it seems early for a lot of pressure down there. Baby was sitting on my bladder during the last ultrasounds, so I'm chalking it up to that, but I just wanted to hear from some of you that are further along! Plus it seems early, but I am already having to pee like crazy. . .
I am 21 weeks and feel the exact same thing/way. I have always had a small bladder, and now I have to pee constantly, worse than before! I say the same thing about my bladder being used as a trampoline.

Chris and I are officially having a boy! We had our sono on Friday, but I didn't have a chance to get online over the weekend. We got the best sono picture of his little feet!

And a sort of wierd one of his face (nose bone looks a little wacky to me!) where it sort of looks like he is waving.

We are naming him Connor Christopher.

Welcome all you new moms-to-be!!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #1524
harleyquinn

caitty13 ... Welcome Lilliana Mae. Born May 28, 7 lbs, 5 ounces, 19in!
Piecey ... due June 3 ... It's a boy!
SDFgirl ... due June 3 ... It's a girl!
ShootingStarMom2 ... due June 12 ... It's a boy!
Mommy2Abby ... due June 13 ... It's a surprise!
rparmfamily ... due June 20 ... It's a girl!
Disney Ron ... due June 23 ... It's a girl!
MinnieFan4ever ... due June 27 ... It's a girl!
Ride Junkie... due June 28 ... It's a girl!
Disney Khi ... due June 28 ... It's a surprise!
robnkris ... due July 2 ... It's a boy!
mmkk ... due July 2 ... It's a boy!
NEM ... due July 4 ... It's a boy!
Gator Mickey ... due July 8 ... It's a girl!
DisneyDiva2006 ... due July 9 ... It's a surprise!
vetrik ... due July 9 ... It's a surprise!
goodeats ... due July 10 ... It's a girl!
tone.def ... due July 15 ... It's a girl!
luckyfin ... due July 17 ... It's a surprise!
harleyquinn ... due July 28 ... It's a girl!
jaleaton... due July 28 ... It's a girl!
MelessaG ... due July 31 ... It's a girl!
HomeSweetDisney ... due August 2 ... It's a boy!
Quennifer2008 ... due August 2 ... It's a surprise!
Fintastic ... due August 19 ... It's a boy!
DannysMom ... due September 5 ... It's a boy!! AND It's a girl!!
kami2199 ... due September 7 ... It's a surprise!
Skylarr ... due September 7 ... It's a boy!
Maggimus ... due September 14 ... It's a boy!
yellowfish78 ... due September 15 ... It's a surprise!
MyZoeJane ... due September 16 ... It's a surprise!
Disneycrazy ... due September 20 ... It's a boy!
helloirishkitty ... due September 23 ... It's a surprise!
TinkerbellRN ... due September 23 ... It's a boy!
IHeartTink ... October 1 ... It's a surprise!
connorlevismom ... due October 2 ... It's a surprise!
Linzybrooke ... October 9 ... It's a boy!
Adi12982 ... October 16 ... It's a girl!
KristEn87 ... due November 19... It's a surprise!
CandleontheWater ... due November 19... It's a surprise!
sbell111 ... due November 26... It's a surprise!
ecteacher23 ... due December 3... It's a surprise!
taraprather ... due December 15... It's a surprise!
POOHDRMR ... due December 28... It's a surprise!
apress ... due January... It's a surprise!
Jenny-momof3 ... due January 17... It's a surprise!
BabyTigger99 ... due January 30... It's a surprise!
trmcguire ... due February ... It's a surprise!
boltfans ... due February 5ish... It's a surprise!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #1525
harleyquinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkk View Post
Hi all! I'm trying to still catch up with everything from this weekend on here! Wow, we sure have a lot of new moms!! WELCOME!!!! Its so exciting to have some new babies to be on the list!

Valerie and Patsy-My thoughts and prayers are with you both (as well as with Shootingstarmom2). Sending some pixie dust your way too!

Well, I told ya'll about losing my plug last Thursday evening right? I had a doctor's appt. today and they did the swab for strep. They also checked me since I lost the plug already. Apparently I am now 2 cm (I have been 1 cm for quite a while-since the first time I went to L&D oh about 2 months ago) and 80% effaced!!!! He is not in the birth canal or else I would be dilated more but the head nurse siad she wouldn't be at all surprised if I deliver in the next week or two!

I have had some more painful contractions (nothing regular though) than I have had so far bur I contribute that to her checking me.
When is your mom coming Mendy? June 6?? Sounds like you have a good chance of making it that far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfish78 View Post
Thanks for posting the Kohls info Sarah! The swing I found is actually a swing/bouncer combo from Burlington Coat Factory - but I may check on some of the other deals that were mentioned. (BTW - what part of CLE are you from? I'm in the CAK area...)

There definately *is* something in the water! My cousin is due 7/14; my other friend 7/24 and another friend on 8/1. Lot's of babies!

Did anyone (around 25 weeks at least...) feel like they aren't pregnant yet?? Sounds odd, but just I feel like I'm getting fatter, the girls are getting huge and there is no belly to show that I'm actually pregnant. Everyone is telling me to enjoy it while I can before I'm getting kicked from the inside out and can't see my feet...I guess I just don't like being in this limbo-like stage...
You're welcome!! And so everyone knows, everywhere I've looked the swing has gotten VERY good reviews.

And can't help with the no feeling preggers thing. I've felt very uncomfortable for different reasons through the whole thing, but I've heard MANY women say what you said. Please enjoy it as much as you can--the alternative sucks!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #1526
mmkk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When is your mom coming Mendy? June 6?? Sounds like you have a good chance of making it that far!

You're welcome!! And so everyone knows, everywhere I've looked the swing has gotten VERY good reviews.

And can't help with the no feeling preggers thing. I've felt very uncomfortable for different reasons through the whole thing, but I've heard MANY women say what you said. Please enjoy it as much as you can--the alternative sucks!
Mom comes June 8th so I am hoping I can hold out that long! Our neighbors are still in town (they leave the country for a month and a half towards the end of June) so if I do go earlier, they will watch Madeline but i know she would be more comfortable with her Mee Maw!

That is an excellent deal on the papasan swing. That's the one I got for this baby so I can't vouch for how well it works yet but it looks like it will be nice.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #1527
helloirishkitty
DIS Veteran

Hello ladies!!

I've been MIA for a few months (i blame finishing grad school and finals... ) but since then, I have found out that I'm having a BOY!!!!

At 16 weeks, the ultrasound tech said girl, but at my 22 weeks sonogram, he was DEFINITELY a boy!!

We're naming him Eamon (Aim+an) John and we have stopped telling people we know IRL his name. My future sister in law thinks he will be made fun of because his name sounds middle eastern, when in fact, it's irish! heh

I wish you girls a happy+healthy how-ever-many months you have left!
Old 06-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #1528
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Glad someone could use it! I contimplated getting the swing and returning the one we already have (unopened just in case), but the one we got plugs in and that one doesn't, so I think I'll skip it...but its hard. The one we have cost $159 and this one is only $69.99! A big difference...maybe I should call DH...
I didn't even notice it didn't plug in. I looked but didn't buy. I'm trying to be good.

We have the Rainforest Swing that plugs in... I got it clearanced out back in January for $70.00.. I forget where. Toys R Us maybe? We found the Rainforest highchair clearanced out shortly thereafter, so at least the two big baby pieces downstairs match.

Quote:
lol Really? I feel like $90 is a big difference just for the plug...but DH agrees with you. The regular price in a no brainer--the $20 difference is much easier to swallow...why can't they all just be plug ins?!
It IS a big difference and if I didn't have mine out, assembled and ready to go.. and had paid more than $70 for it, I'd be right there with you. I've got three battery chargers and (somewhere around here ) a crapton of rechargeable batteries!

Quote:
Thanks! As a baby I would only sleep in my swing, so I want to make sure we have a good one!

DH has decreed that we're sticking with the one we have. lol He likes the extra features, and I think he's really set on the plug (which i totally agree with). So I can kiss goodbye the extra $100. At least I got the receipt in case I need it in the future!
Ask him what pretty item he's going to buy you with the money you tried to save him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkk View Post

Thanks and HOLY SMOKES! Are you ready?? Excited??

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfish78 View Post
Lady, I STILL don't feel like I'm pregnant. I hit my belly on crap all the time like "where did this belly come from?! "
Old 06-01-2009, 09:24 PM   #1529
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Okay here is what I have, what am I missing? haha.

*Insurance Cards (I have two forms of medical insurance so I anticipate things getting messy as I still don't know who is *primary*)
*Squishy "Socks to Stay Home In" from JCPenny...
*2 Sports Bras
*Toiletries (shampoo/conditoner/toothpaste/toothbrush(one for DH, too)/face wash & lotion/deoderant/qtips/body wash/hairbrush/ponytail holders/lotion)
*Pen and Paper
*$20 Quarters for vending machines
*cell phone charger/camera charger/camcorder charger/extra memory card
*camera/camcorder
*Change of clothes for DH
*maternity shirt/maternity tank top/maternity jeans to come home in
*5 pairs of underwear (I know I'm weird... but you never know!)
*2 books (different genres, one romantic comedy one science fiction-y)
*Flip flops for shower shoes
*3 receiving blankets (two to roll up for car ride home to support his head, one to wrap him in and DH to bring home for doggie to smell before Lucas comes home)
*Lucas stuff- cloth shoe bootie things/2pr socks/mittens/3 onesies (different sizes, one meant to come home in)/burp cloth (someone bought these for me and I've still not decided what use I will have for them..)/shorts to match going home onesie/bib/extra outfit for hospital picture
*nightgown

...so that is MY list... I can take a picutre later to fill Maggie's request (where has that girl been anyway?) BUT can anyone think of anything else?

I feel like I'm forgetting something but that might be because I can't believe I'm here already.

*ETA* DVD's! I'm packing DVD's.... as there are DVD players in both the L&D and PP rooms..

Last edited by Piecey; 06-01-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #1530
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

Oh man, I just looked at my ticker and I only have ONE box left! Where did the time go??

Patsy, you're only one day away! How are you feeling? Are you nervous at all? I'm not so much nervous or scared about becoming a mom...it's the giving birth part that freaks me out. I'm such a pansy when it comes to pain...I just hope I don't completely overreact or lose it

My family are all going out of town this Saturday and they'll be gone for two weeks. I'm a little scared about being alone that long. I don't really think anything will happen between 31-33 weeks but it's still a little nerve wracking to have them so far away. I have lots of other family and friends in town that I know are just a phone call away but...I'm still freaking out a little. Silly, I know It's times like this when it really sucks to be a single mom

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: