Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
klwdisney
DIS Veteran

Picture of the Epcot Boat Shuttle?

A friend of mine is taking her kids (11, 6, 1) to Epcot for the first time next weekend. She loves the idea of the shuttle across the lagoon. Does anyone know where I can find a picture of this that I can show her? Thanks!

Im trying to give her tips to touring. THey are staying off site and only doing this park. They have an ADR for lunch with the princesses in Norway at 1pm. I advised her to do the right hand side of FW upon arrival (fp for soarin) then head over to the left side... or lunch whatever comes first. Then after lunch they can start on w.s.

9/86 - Poly (with family), 11/97 - Honeymoon @ Hyatt Orlando, 3/99 - POR, 11/00 - ASMo,
10/05 - POP Century, 9/07 - 10th anniversary POR, 5/08 - POFQ with Just Mom!5/09 - Moonsoon Trip to CBR, 5/12 with Mom at POR, POR/POLY 5/13 Bday with mom & friends, NEXT UP: November 2014 Contemporary Garden Wing for the Food & Wine Festival with Mom!

klwdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
piney
DIS Veteran

I like allears.net. you might find pics there!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #3
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwdisney View Post
A friend of mine is taking her kids (11, 6, 1) to Epcot for the first time next weekend. She loves the idea of the shuttle across the lagoon. Does anyone know where I can find a picture of this that I can show her? Thanks!

Im trying to give her tips to touring. THey are staying off site and only doing this park. They have an ADR for lunch with the princesses in Norway at 1pm. I advised her to do the right hand side of FW upon arrival (fp for soarin) then head over to the left side... or lunch whatever comes first. Then after lunch they can start on w.s.
I can show you where the docks are, which is going to be a lot better in regard to USING the boats.

A, B, C, D

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
piney
DIS Veteran

here is a pic I took of the boat stopping at the Beach Club:

Old 04-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #5
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by piney View Post
here is a pic I took of the boat stopping at the Beach Club

BTW, the Friendships that run between Epcot and DHS are different boats/routes than
the ones in the question here (INSIDE World Showcase.)

But, that's OK because they do look alike.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #6
GazerBeam
This isn't part of the ride, folks.

Here are a couple more:

I believe they are the same boats that travel across world showcase lagoon but it has been a while since I have ridden those routes.

GB
GazerBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
piney
DIS Veteran

oops, i misread her post; but the boats do look the same
Old 04-09-2009, 05:58 PM   #8
jheigl
Spaceship Earth Junky

Since the thread is half about the DHS boat, I see that you can catch it between France and UK. If I'm coming from Future World, do I go over the bridge with the 6 and 7 on Robo's map, or is there a walkway before the bridge? It is kinda hard to tell in the picture. More importantly, is there clear signage pointing me to the direction of this boat? I would imagine there is, but you never know. I have done many things at WDW, but this is one of the few I haven't..I usually take the monorail to MK...I have never taken the boat to DHS. Would like to experience that.

"Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time, and for a brief moment, we have been among its' many passengers. From the very beginning, we have always sought to reach out to one another...to bridge the gaps between us...to communicate."
-Jeremy Irons, Spaceship Earth, 1994-2007
"The secret of tomorrow, is to live your dreams today;REMEMBER THE MAGIC"

interactiveWDW.com the web's newest WDW resource.
jheigl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #9
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheigl View Post
Since the thread is half about the DHS boat, I see that you can catch it between France and UK. If I'm coming from Future World, do I go over the bridge with the 6 and 7 on Robo's map, or is there a walkway before the bridge? It is kinda hard to tell in the picture. More importantly, is there clear signage pointing me to the direction of this boat? I would imagine there is, but you never know. I have done many things at WDW, but this is one of the few I haven't..I usually take the monorail to MK...I have never taken the boat to DHS. Would like to experience that.
The exit/entrance is called the "International Gateway."
It is marked .
It sits between UK and France.

Epcot International Gateway Area
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...e-E-042508.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...e-N-042508.jpg

DHS to Epcot's International Gateway
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...-IG_081908.jpg
Old 04-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #10
teach22180
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to mention that spot A on the previous map was closed when I was there in 2007. They had the boats traveling in a circle among the other three docks. The boat we rode on didn't look like the boats pictured, but I'm sorry I don't have a picture to post. Maybe they've changed in the almost two years since I've been?
offsite Thanksgiving 1974, offsite Christmas 1981, CBR and the Disney Wonder August 2006, ASMo August 2007, POFQ June 2009, BC October 2010, POP and the Dream and then the WL August 2011, BW October 2012, POP August 2013
teach22180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #11
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach22180 View Post
I just wanted to mention that spot A on the previous map was closed when I was there in 2007. They had the boats traveling in a circle among the other three docks.

The boat we rode on didn't look like the boats pictured, but I'm sorry I don't have a picture to post. Maybe they've changed in the almost two years since I've been?
Those Friendships (or ones like them) have been in use since Epcot was first popped, as far as I remember.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #12
teach22180
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Those Friendships (or ones like them) have been in use since Epcot was first popped, as far as I remember.
I just asked my 21 year old, and she says those were the boats! Guess they looked smaller to me, but we sat outside in the back. We liked riding them across the lake to Morocco for lunch, though!
offsite Thanksgiving 1974, offsite Christmas 1981, CBR and the Disney Wonder August 2006, ASMo August 2007, POFQ June 2009, BC October 2010, POP and the Dream and then the WL August 2011, BW October 2012, POP August 2013
teach22180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #13
BrightScouter
Dis Veteran

I will also say that if you are intending to use them to speed up getting around,,, You might want to reconsider. We have never felt that they are much of a time saver, unless you happen to get there just as the boat is getting ready to pull out and head to where you want to go. We use them to take a break from walking, or a break from the heat and for that, they are good. Or just as a novelty. It is kind of fun to see the countries from the lake view. But, walking at a reasonable pace, I think you can make as good of time as the boats on average.

Bright Scouter
BrightScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:04 AM   #14
disneymomofmyca
DIS Veteran

Robo....you are a genius! Your maps are the BEST!
Old 04-10-2009, 09:27 AM   #15
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomofmyca View Post
Robo....you are a genius! Your maps are the BEST!
Always nice to get a positive review, I must say!!

Thank you for the kind words, disneymomofmyca!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: