Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2009, 01:00 AM   #46
avalon451
Errrr... what?

Here's another Cleolinda snippet, at the beginning of her Breaking Dawn recap (spoilers, don't read if you haven't read the first three books!)http://cleolinda.livejournal.com/630150.html#cutid1

Okay, so. Previously on As the Vampire Sparkles, emoteen Bella Swan moves to a tiny little depressing rainy town and won't shut up about it. There she meets a mysterious boy who turns out to be a 100+ year-old vampire who literally sparkles "like diamonds" in direct sunlight and reads minds (but not hers), and after three hundred pages of Bella wondering why he's so mean to her and why he's so weird and why he's not being mean to her anymore and what his deal is and if he likes her and if he actually loves her and how much he loves her and how he could possibly love as someone as Mary Sue plain and boring and clumsy as she is and if his vampire family will like her, a plot finally shows up, but it doesn't last very long. And then they go to prom. In the second book, Edward the sparkling vampire leaves Bella for her own good, and she spends most of the book trying to kill herself with motorcycles and cliff-diving. Sort of. And then her best friend falls in love with her and turns out to be a werewolf, but Bella runs away to save Edward from committing suicide by public sparkling in Italy. In the third book, Jacob the best friend/boyfriend wannabe/werewolf turns into a total ******* trying to force himself on Bella, and a vampire with a grudge from the first book is trying to kill her, but more importantly, Bella and Edward argue about whether they should have sex, get married, and/or vampirize Bella, and in what order.

Hand to God, I did not make one word of that up. Twilight means never having to say you're kidding.

avalon451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:00 AM   #47
MontanaZoo
Sup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores Butterfly View Post
Okay, really random thought:

I am rereading New Moon and currently have the extra Being Jacob Black from Steph's site pulled up on my computer. I just realized something: Jacob is totally buck naked when he pulls her out of the water! According to Being Jacob Black he phases in the water when he saves her, so obviously he is not taking the time to pull on his shorts. I'm assuming he has them around his ankle as usual, I guess he pulled them on once he towed her to shore while she was unconscious? I know she was out of it, but you would think she would have noticed if he was carrying her through La Push in his birthday suit!

Clearly my mind goes to dangerous places when I am sleep deprived.
EB, I just read this part assuming he has them around his ankle as usual as assuming he has them around his ankles as usual and literally did a double take.
MontanaZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2009, 01:02 AM   #48
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse
I went "wow, that hurt"

Another random thought: what would happen if one of the Cullens (or other vegetarian vampires) ate one of the wolf pack? Since the wolves are animals would their eyes stay topaz, or since they are also humans would their eyes turn bright red?
Old 04-08-2009, 01:03 AM   #49
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I went "wow, that hurt"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaZoo View Post
EB, I just read this part assuming he has them around his ankle as usual as assuming he has them around his ankles as usual and literally did a double take.
Okay, my dogs think I've lost it, I'm laughing os hard. I didn't even think about how that could be read.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:04 AM   #50
MontanaZoo
Sup?

Quote:
Another random thought: what would happen if one of the Cullens (or other vegetarian vampires) ate one of the wolf pack? Since the wolves are animals would their eyes stay topaz, or since they are also humans would their eyes turn bright red?
Maybe it would depend if they're in their human form or wolf form. But they do say they taste so bad they'd rip them apart but would never eat them.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:04 AM   #51
tennvalgirl
DIS Veteran

Twilight means never having to say you're kidding.

this made me laugh
Old 04-08-2009, 01:05 AM   #52
MontanaZoo
Sup?

Quote:
Okay, my dogs think I've lost it, I'm laughing os hard. I didn't even think about how that could be read.
I'm laughing so hard too, for a minute there, I thought we were reading completely different books.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:07 AM   #53
MontanaZoo
Sup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalon451 View Post
Here's another Cleolinda snippet, at the beginning of her Breaking Dawn recap (spoilers, don't read if you haven't read the first three books!)http://cleolinda.livejournal.com/630150.html#cutid1
Public sparkling
Old 04-08-2009, 01:07 AM   #54
avalon451
Errrr... what?

Quote:
I thought the same thing! Had to read it twice.

I thought Jacob must have pulled his shorts on at some point. She was pretty out of it, anyway!

Old 04-08-2009, 01:09 AM   #55
MontanaZoo
Sup?

Quote:
I thought the same thing! Had to read it twice.

I thought Jacob must have pulled his shorts on at some point. She was pretty out of it, anyway!
I'm not going to hold them to naked Jacob in the movie but there had better be shirtless Edward for the whole part in Italy.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:17 AM   #56
avalon451
Errrr... what?

Quote:
I'm not going to hold them to naked Jacob in the movie but there had better be shirtless Edward for the whole part in Italy.
Sing it, sister! I will settle for "half-naked" Jacob, but by golly there had BETTER be some shirtless Edward.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:20 AM   #57
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I went "wow, that hurt"

I wonder if they are going to have him human when he jumps into the water? Or maybe he'll phase and his shorts will magically be on.

Ok, that Cleolinda journal is interesting. Her writing kind of stinks, but some of it is actually funny:

Wait, Something's Happening? What?

BELLA: Wait, what's going on at the police station?

EDWARD: Wait, why is my not-dad there?

CARLISLE: Bella, I'm so sorry... your father's weird friend was killed by a feral plot point.

BELLA: I didn't even know we had those in this movie!

CARLISLE [significant look ]: I know. They're very rare in Forks.

EDWARD [mind-reading ]: D:<

Unfortunately her writing is very hard to follow.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:20 AM   #58
MontanaZoo
Sup?

Quote:
Sing it, sister! I will settle for "half-naked" Jacob, but by golly there had BETTER be some shirtless Edward.
I'm glad to see we have our priorities in order!
Old 04-08-2009, 01:45 AM   #59
lizbeth374
Tagless

Quote:
Okay, really random thought:

I am rereading New Moon and currently have the extra Being Jacob Black from Steph's site pulled up on my computer. I just realized something: Jacob is totally buck naked when he pulls her out of the water! According to Being Jacob Black he phases in the water when he saves her, so obviously he is not taking the time to pull on his shorts. I'm assuming he has them around his ankle as usual, I guess he pulled them on once he towed her to shore while she was unconscious? I know she was out of it, but you would think she would have noticed if he was carrying her through La Push in his birthday suit!

Clearly my mind goes to dangerous places when I am sleep deprived.

omg! why did you have to put that image in my head this late at night..
lizbeth374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:47 AM   #60
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I went "wow, that hurt"

Sorry. It was just one of those things that I had never picked up on before.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: