Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #136
DVCsince02
Everyone knows is better

Those in my FE Group, go check your e-mail please.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #137
MenashaCorp
I'll throw some rum in the Dole Whip machine

Shared tunes with JF at JR
Orchestrated a Symphony for AskTracy

Ten?!?

Jiminy Cricket!!! Susan and I go outta town (DisneyLand!!) for 5 days, I even catch up once during the trip, and STILL 40-ish pages on thread NINE and 10 pages on thread TEN behind!!!

Hope you all had a good weekend. I'll probably post a mini-TR somewhere when I get time.

Found out (again) how much the Pete and the DIS are right on target about things....

RideMax rocked; PoTC, Space Mt better at DL than at WDW, etc.....

Suggestion for the next thread - only one choice, IMHO..

THE PODCAST CRUISE THREAD GOES TO ELEVEN!!!

(It's a Spinal Tap reference for those who don't get it...)
Old 04-07-2009, 12:19 PM   #138
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya2426 View Post
I've always paid in US dollars and other than a cab driver 20 years ago all of my change has been US dollars. And as far I remember everything was priced in US currency.
Follow up question...where could I get Bahamian currency? I like weird souvenirs.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:19 PM   #139
aGoofyMom
DIS Veteran

Hi all! I will catch up on the 9 pages since I went to bed....when I get to work.

I just came by to say....Fed Ex just left - I have my documents. (Mickey Mail as I like to call it) She was very quick to tell me it was from Disney!

ok...back to waking up...I know I made coffee...

[/url]
Old 04-07-2009, 12:22 PM   #140
maiziezoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
happy birthday guys- hope it is great!

man i have a headache today, already popped some tylenol. Back at work, and about to visit my grandpa and be sure he understands that mom is okay (he has alzheimers). We called him, but he doesn't hear so well. Then go see Mom. She doesn't ahve vision back in her left eye yet, but they expect it to come back. So far, she is recovering well!

can't wait for the show tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad to hear your mom is recovering well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madi100 View Post
OK, besides meeting everyone here, what are you all looking forward to most about the cruise?

If I had to say about the cruise, I'd say Castaway Cay. If I have to say about the vacation, it's spending time with my family.
I have to agree with Todd... I am looking forward to not having to cook and watching the sunset (and hopefully a sunrise)... but mostly, I am looking forward to seeing this trip through the eyes of my kids. Children are so innocent and seeing things through their eyes is my favorite thing to do.... and it ALWAYS makes me cry.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #141
aspen37
Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes.

Quote:
OK, besides meeting everyone here, what are you all looking forward to most about the cruise?

If I had to say about the cruise, I'd say Castaway Cay. If I have to say about the vacation, it's spending time with my family.

To be honest I haven't thought about it. Let's see...

Experiencing a new Ship & Cruise Line
Palo
Castaway Cay
Parasailing for the first time
Getting to see a live taping of the podcast show
Relaxing
Watching the Sunset
Taking a dip in the ocean
The bar tour with Corey
Just having fun
Going to Atlantis

The rest of the trip

My first solo trip
My first DATW
Eating at new restaurants
Staying at POR & the Dolphin for the first time
Riding rides that I haven't had a chance to in past trips
Having a Dole Whip
Watching Wishes for the POLY Beach
Walking down main street and seeing the castle
Hanging out at the pool at POR
Meeting everyone for the first time

Backstage Magic Tour April 2010 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2408048

Last edited by aspen37; 04-07-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:28 PM   #142
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

Quote:
1. Castaway Cay - Serenity Bay Beach (Seriously, first-time cruisers, the adult beach is the most peaceful, beautiful, relaxing place I've ever been. It's AMAZING.)

2. Some downtime with my DH out in the middle of the ocean where I can be totally inaccessible by work, extended family, etc.

3. The DIS Twigirls/Twiguys meet onboard.

4. Touring the Walt and Roy suites courtesy of the podcast team.

5. Participating in the podcast events, whatever they may be.

6. Passing out our FE gifts.

Last edited by Dodie; 04-07-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #143
aspen37

Quote:
Originally Posted by aGoofyMom View Post
Hi all! I will catch up on the 9 pages since I went to bed....when I get to work.

I just came by to say....Fed Ex just left - I have my documents. (Mickey Mail as I like to call it) She was very quick to tell me it was from Disney!

ok...back to waking up...I know I made coffee...
Mine says it is out for Delivery!

Backstage Magic Tour April 2010 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2408048
Old 04-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #144
cdnmickeylover
Anyone want to pay off my student loans for me? ;)

I'm looking forward to relaxing and not pretending every day at work that everything's ok. That will be such a relief.

I'm also looking forward to warm weather. I'm so over winter.

Besides that

sitting and reading a book on deck
Castaway Cay
eating at different restaurants
staying at the Dolphin (we've never stayed there before)

Fiona
Old 04-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #145
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
1. Castaway Cay - Serenity Bay Beach (Seriously, first-time cruisers, the adult beach is the most peaceful, beautiful, relaxing place I've ever been. It's AMAZING.)

2. Some downtime with my DH out in the middle of the ocean where I can be totally inaccessible by work, extended family, etc.

3. The DIS Twigirls/Twiguys meet onboard.

4. Touring the Walt and Roy suites courtesy of the podcast team.

5. Participating in the podcast events, whatever they may be.

You think they are going to divulge anything tomorrow????
Old 04-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #146
TheBeadPirate
Button Maker Magician & Blinkie toting Sherpa

Our documents are listed as "Out for Delivery"

Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?

Old 04-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #147
Tonya2426
Follow me to the next stop for a tasty treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Follow up question...where could I get Bahamian currency? I like weird souvenirs.
Not sure about that - you could probably just ask and if they have it I am sure they would exchange it for you.

And it's not such weird souvenir - I have a box of coins from lots of places. (It's actually a pretty cheap souvie that doesn't take up alot of space.)

DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 12/12/10 ~WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2010 ~ABD Backstage Magic w/DIS Unplugged - 4/13/10 ~ WDW - Pop/Dolphin - Dec 2009- DAP ~ - WDW -Oct 2009 -F&W- SSR ~ DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 5/10/09 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2008- Mousefest ~ WDW- DTD Hilton - Sept 18, 2008 -MNSSHP ~ WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2008 ~ WDW- ASSports/Swan- April 2008 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2007- MVMCP - WDW - Oct 2007 -MNSSHP- ASMusic ~ Surprise WDW Birthday Trip - August 2007 - PPP - SSR ~ DCL Wonder - 4 day - 5/27/07 ~ WDW - SOG - March 2007 ~ WDW - Marriott World Ctr- January 2007 ~ WDW - SOG - October 2005 ~ WDW - Grandma's House - April 2005 ~ Contemporary Resort Merchandise CM - 1989 ~ Lost count of WDW visits since Grandma lived in Orlando since before the park was opened and I was there the year the MK opened - they had a chance to purchase the original WDW stock but thought it was too risky so they turned it down - darn, I could have been an heiress
Old 04-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #148
Yvet
♫ She is a dancing queen ♪ One of the Netherpeople
Has quite a unique FE

Quote:
  • Being on the Wonder for the first time.
  • Hang my fish extender so everybody can finally see it.
  • Give out and recieve FE gifts.
  • All the special things organized by the Podcast Crew (even now when i don't know what is comming).

Upcomming Trip:
WDW: May 9th 2013
DCL: May 18th EBTA

Previous Trips:
ABD: 2011 (Backstage Magic)
DCL: 2008 (Western) - 2009 (PCC1.0) - 2010 (EBTA, MED, PCC2.0) - 2012 (PCC3.0, PCC4.0)
DL, 2000 - 2006 - 2011.
DLRP, 1995 - 1996 - 2002 - 2003 - 2007 - 2008 - 2011 - 2012.
WDW, 1999 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 (april/may + dec) - 2009 (april/may + dec) - 2010 (april/may + dec) - 2011 (april/may + dec) - 2012 (June + Dec).
Old 04-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #149
aspen37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
That's not weird! I have a Cayman Island dollar hanging on my cork board with my pictures. I got it 10 years ago.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #150
Tonya2426
Follow me to the next stop for a tasty treat!

Quote:
I'm looking forward to:
  • Spending time with my parents - especially my Mom. The last Disney cruise we went on was with the entire family and she spent all of her time trying to do grandkids stuff and she doesn't even remember the ship.
  • Twigirls/Twiguys meet
  • Fish Extender stuff - if I ever decide on what I am giving
  • spending time at Serentity Bay - hopefully in a hammock drinking Konk Koolers
  • Laughing with all my friends
  • Drinking with all my friends
  • Dancing with all my friends

DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 12/12/10 ~WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2010 ~ABD Backstage Magic w/DIS Unplugged - 4/13/10 ~ WDW - Pop/Dolphin - Dec 2009- DAP ~ - WDW -Oct 2009 -F&W- SSR ~ DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 5/10/09 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2008- Mousefest ~ WDW- DTD Hilton - Sept 18, 2008 -MNSSHP ~ WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2008 ~ WDW- ASSports/Swan- April 2008 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2007- MVMCP - WDW - Oct 2007 -MNSSHP- ASMusic ~ Surprise WDW Birthday Trip - August 2007 - PPP - SSR ~ DCL Wonder - 4 day - 5/27/07 ~ WDW - SOG - March 2007 ~ WDW - Marriott World Ctr- January 2007 ~ WDW - SOG - October 2005 ~ WDW - Grandma's House - April 2005 ~ Contemporary Resort Merchandise CM - 1989 ~ Lost count of WDW visits since Grandma lived in Orlando since before the park was opened and I was there the year the MK opened - they had a chance to purchase the original WDW stock but thought it was too risky so they turned it down - darn, I could have been an heiress
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: