Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #76
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Old 04-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #77
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
I think I first encountered those dryers at SciFi Diner or some place else at WDW. I love them. They save the environment, but what are they doing to our hearing. They are so loud.

By the way, would you think it was strange to watch someone carry a camera into a rest stop bathroom? But as I am typing this, my camera is always around my neck when I go in the bathroom at WDW.

I want a pair of those Crocs. Need to keep an eye out for them.

Sorry Sully is sick. Hope he gets to feeling better soon.
I wouldn't think it odd to see someone take a camera into the bathroom. But, I might think it odd to see someone taking pictures in the bathroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
OREO is ADORABLE!!! Perfect name!!!
Connor actually named her before we even knew what color she was!

After looking at your signature I've decided I need some Sox and Pats pictures in mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamouselover View Post
Glad you're here Melody (I mean Pam!! )!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #78
Goofster57
What if the “Hokey Pokey” really is what it’s all about?

Location: On the other side of that invisible line that I just can’t help crossing some times

Yea!!!!!

We're on our way....

Nice start Carissa

Did you ever find out if the President was the cause of the traffic?
Old 04-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #79
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofster57 View Post
Yea!!!!!

We're on our way....

Nice start Carissa

Did you ever find out if the President was the cause of the traffic?
Nope. I like to keep mystery in my life.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #80
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Moving Update

Chuck got the official orders today! And it looks like they're giving him until June 22nd to report to school in Florida. He'll detach from here in May and then he can take up to 30 days of leave. This means he can be here for all three of the boys' birthdays AND help us move to Virginia before he leaves! That way he can get all of our electronic stuff set up for us.

So, that means in just about 2 months we'll be moving!

Old 04-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #81
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

How wonderful that Chuck can take 30 days off and be home for birthdays and moving -- that must have been a stress reliever for you!
Old 04-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #82
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Chuck got the official orders today! And it looks like they're giving him until June 22nd to report to school in Florida. He'll detach from here in May and then he can take up to 30 days of leave. This means he can be here for all three of the boys' birthdays AND help us move to Virginia before he leaves! That way he can get all of our electronic stuff set up for us.

So, that means in just about 2 months we'll be moving!
Wow! What a blessing! That is really great news....but it's the least they could do after the run-around you got with the orders to begin with!
Old 04-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #83
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

That's great Car! You guys will have all summer to take advantage of the beach. The "tourist" beach can be fun but gets very packed and of course you have to pay for parking. The beach at Dam Neck is great though and since it is on base doesn't get too packed.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #84
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Awesome, Carissa!!! Sounds like an exciting couple of months for your family!!! Where in VA will you be? My DBro is a Col in the Army and works at the Pentagon and lives in VA. They love VA!!!

KAR

Old 04-07-2009, 04:13 PM   #85
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
How wonderful that Chuck can take 30 days off and be home for birthdays and moving -- that must have been a stress reliever for you!
It will definitely make things easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Wow! What a blessing! That is really great news....but it's the least they could do after the run-around you got with the orders to begin with!
Well, the 30 days of leave are days he has saved up. They're not giving him extra time. But, we thought he had to report by May 22nd and didn't realize he had the option of showing up later. So, that works out well for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
That's great Car! You guys will have all summer to take advantage of the beach. The "tourist" beach can be fun but gets very packed and of course you have to pay for parking. The beach at Dam Neck is great though and since it is on base doesn't get too packed.
That's great to know Lessa! When I use to go to the beach, I'd find a place to park on one of the side roads off of the main strip. I hated how packed it always was. We'll definitely have to check it out. Do you know if there is a commissary at the Oceanic base? I can probably find out easy enough but just thought I'd ask the expert. The place we'll probably end up living at is right next to it so that would be really convenient for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
Awesome, Carissa!!! Sounds like an exciting couple of months for your family!!! Where in VA will you be? My DBro is a Col in the Army and works at the Pentagon and lives in VA. They love VA!!!
He must live in Northern Virginia. It's a pretty area but so busy and expensive! We live close to there now. We'll be living down around Norfolk/Virginia Beach. It's about 3 1/2 - 4 hours from D.C.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #86
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

That's fantastic news Carissa! See, after all those troubles getting orders, it is all working out.

I'm going to enjoy this TR with the move involved, since that is how my TR was also. It will be interesting to hear of anothers experience. I hope it goes really well!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
Old 04-07-2009, 05:23 PM   #87
whogirl'smom
Any leftover grumpiness can be taken care of by a little wine
Like a box of Cheez-its, I couldn't put it down

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I wouldn't think it odd to see someone take a camera into the bathroom. But, I might think it odd to see someone taking pictures in the bathroom.

So, I won't tell you I took a picture of the animal tiles in the bathroom at Conservation Station....nope, didn't do that.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #88
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
That's fantastic news Carissa! See, after all those troubles getting orders, it is all working out.

I'm going to enjoy this TR with the move involved, since that is how my TR was also. It will be interesting to hear of anothers experience. I hope it goes really well!
Me too! I also have a trip coming up next weekend (not this weekend). My best friend from Maine is coming to visit and we're taking a trip to Virginia Beach for two nights. I'll do a mini TR about it when I get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogirl'smom View Post
So, I won't tell you I took a picture of the animal tiles in the bathroom at Conservation Station....nope, didn't do that.
I said it might look odd - didn't say I wouldn't do it myself! I may have a picture from inside the bathroom at POR.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #90
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Great first installment!! I am so sorry about the migraine. Good idea to have a stack of DVD's .

It is wonderful to know that Chuck will be there for the kid's birthdays and to help with the move.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: