Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
bnts1993
Mouseketeer

I need help deciding

Ok, so I am trying to decide which resort I want to stay in and have been leaning towards Boardwalk Inn or Villa's because of how close it is to Epcot that I can walk and also we can walk to MK. But I also notice that there are other resorts in the same area like Beach club, Yacht Club and Caribbean Beach and my question is can I walk from these as well? If anyone has any advice on which one (even if it not listed) Please help me decide! I have only stayed at OKW and my husband spent most of his time at Epcot and I think he would liek the Boardwalk since there is a lot of places for him to hang out and drink (ESPN lounge) He is not a big ride person. Thank you in advance, Tara
bnts1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
Willow1213
DIS Veteran

Hi Tara!

Boardwalk Inn and Villas are directly across the lake from the Yacht Club, Beach Club, and Beach Club Villas. All are within a very short walking distance of the International gateway entrance to Epcot. Caribbean Beach is not within walking distance to Epcot.

Two resorts that you have not listed that are also with walking distance are the Swan and Dolphin. Although they are not officially Disney owned and operated, they are still right on property.

One other thing to consider for these resorts is that you can also walk to Hollywood Studios. Also, there is a boat that runs between all of these destinations.

As far as the Boardwalk, my Fiance loves the atmosphere there and he liked the ESPN Club. We walked there from Epcot for lunch one afternoon to have a beer and watch a baseball game on the big screens. The Boardwalk is easily accessible from all of the resorts that are listed here. You pass it on your way to Epcot!

Hope this helps with your planning. Have a wonderful trip!
May 2010 - Villas at Grand Californian Sept 2010 - Coronado Springs
May/June 2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort June 2012 - Animal Kingdom Villas
May 2013 - Pop Century
Willow1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #3
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnts1993 View Post
Ok, so I am trying to decide which resort I want to stay in and have been leaning towards Boardwalk Inn or Villa's because of how close it is to Epcot that I can walk and also we can walk to MK. But I also notice that there are other resorts in the same area like Beach club, Yacht Club and Caribbean Beach and my question is can I walk from these as well? If anyone has any advice on which one (even if it not listed) Please help me decide! I have only stayed at OKW and my husband spent most of his time at Epcot and I think he would liek the Boardwalk since there is a lot of places for him to hang out and drink (ESPN lounge) He is not a big ride person. Thank you in advance, Tara
You can't walk to MK from any of the Epcot resorts, the only resort that you can walk to MK from is the Contemporary. Didn't want you to get there and find that out! I think you may have meant DHS, it is a longer walk to that, but definitely doable from what I hear.

If it's just adults, I think BW or YC would be great for you, I think BW is closer to Epcot, but all the resorts in that area are within walking distance. For families, BC seems to be more popular.

Tags
resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: