Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
klmorg
Disney Fanatic

Thumbs up My Trip Report...bring on the rain!!

Ok all.... here is a recap of our 8 days at WDW from March 28th thru April 4th.

Day one, Saturday - We arrived for our 1st stay ever at POR at about 10am. I did not do the online check in, was too chicken of a system glitch. Out of curiosity I looked for an online check in line but did not see one so I was not sorry for being chicken...checking in was quick even though there was a small line. We were all set in about 15 minutes. We stayed in room 2752 in AB. I had requested building 18 or 27 so we were happy with the room. We parked the car and proceeded to take a load of luggage to our room.... silly us for not asking bell services to assist. All the heavy stuff was left so we called bell services and they were there in a jiffy and had all our stuff in the room in one quick trip. It was upstairs too so I tipped the bell guy $5. We had towel animals from the start!! After settling in everyone wanted lunch so it was off to try out the dining plan at the Riverside Mill!! The food was great!! After lunch we suited up and spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool at Ole Man Island (DH was partially at the Muddy Rivers Bar!). The slide was a hit with the kids...and for me too!! Later we ate dinner and explored a bit and then off to bed to be fresh and rested for the Magic Kingdom!!

Day two, Sunday - We left POR at 7:50am to make ropedrop at MK. It was rainy and they cancelled the opening show Still we took off for a magical day. As soon as we got in the gates there were Chip and Dale and we were 1st in line. As expected they goofed around and we got some great pictures. We walked onto every ride we wanted to...some even twice!! We did all of Fantasy Land, except Dumbo due to the rain and then headed to Space Mountain for fastpasses. Then on to Frontier Land for Splash and TMRR. The wait for TMRR was about 15 minutes!! Splash was about the same. Then we went to HM and literally walked right in!! We then went to Pirates and walked onto that also. The rain had stopped by then and my DD (4) wanted ride Aladdin but it was temporarily broken down...so we went on JC, which was about a ten-minute wait. We ate lunch afterwards and then met my MIL at about 1:30. We went on HM again...about a 10-minute wait this time and then road Pirates again with about a 15-minute wait. Then we noticed the crowds getting big and headed back to the resort for some rest and relaxation, (and a nap for DD and DH). We ate dinner at Boat Wrights and then headed back to MK for shopping, fireworks, parades and Space Mountain!! We didn’t get back to the resort till about 1am!!

Day three, Monday – This was an Epcot day! We were there at the park about 10am due to our late night before. Crowds were still manageable. We rode Soaring on standby with a 20-minute wait. My DD (4) did not like it one bit!! She thought she was going to fall but was not hysterical or anything…just said she didn’t like it. We went over to the Living Seas next and rode Nemo and did Turtle Talk, we all loved Turtle Talk. We headed over to World Showcase and browsed the countries sampling foods here and there. As we strolled through France there was Belle standing on a little side pass with no line!! The kids were ecstatic and everyone got their pictures taken. DD 4 got a big hug too! We ended up eating lunch at the Liberty Inn so the kids would eat too! Afterwards it was on to Mission Space and Test Track!! We rode the spinning side of Mission Space, (thank goodness for Dramamine!). This is one of my favorite rides followed closely by Everest and Tower or Terror! We headed back to POR around 6pm and ate dinner there. MIL was tired and had to head home that night. She had booked herself a room at POFQ for the night before and said it was beautiful!

Day four, Tuesday – Hollywood Studios!! Wow we did so much this day!! All day in the park with no break. We started out with TSM and then over to ride ToT and RRC. We got fastpasses for another ride on ToT later on and headed to Play House Disney, and the Ariel show. The kids met Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto and Stitch. Then we did the Backlot Tour, Star Tours, lunch and then let DD play in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. She had a blast!! Afterwards we met Sully and Mike from Monster's Inc. We got another set of fastpasses for RRC and went on ToT again. Saw Beauty and the Beast show and then rode RRC. By then it was about 7pm and we headed over to MK to watch the fireworks again. (we LOVE Wishes!!)

Day five, Wednesday – This was my DD’s(4) day to be a princess. She got up and did the whole princess dress and hair up do with a tiara, (barely any gel!). She was dressed like Belle and she was so happy and proud. The bus driver announced to everyone on the bus to Magic Kingdom to be on their best behavior as we had a Disney Princess on board!! This was her day so the first thing we did was head to Toontown. We met Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Tinkerbelle, SilverMist and Fawn, (Don’t miss meeting the fairies! Very funny and very pretty!). Then we headed to the judges tent and met Mickey and Minnie!! Then we were off to Ariels Grotto. My little princess is a collector of shiny things and had been picking up sequins and such while we were waiting to see Ariel. When it was finally her turn Ariel saw her collection and told my DD how she was a collector too. Then she told her that sometimes her scales come off and if my DD would look under her tail she may find some shiny scales to take add to her collection. Ariel lifted her tail and my DH helped my DD look and they found about ten shiny scales!! I got it all on video…just awesome!! It was lunchtime by then so we ate and then headed to ride Aladdin’s Carpet. After we rode we met Jasmine just outside the ride and then over to POTC to meet Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Smitty. Afterwards we spent the rest of the day shopping and then called it a night!

Day six, Thursday – Animal Kingdom! We made ropedrop and watched the opening show. We got fastpasses for Safari and then did Tusker House for breakfast…which I highly recommend, it was very good! We then headed to Asia for EE and KRR. Rode both and got Fastpasses for EE to ride again later. We watched Bugs Life, and then visited with Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore. Had lunch at the Flamin BBQ and then headed into Dinoland. That was it for DD(4)!! She loved the playground in Dinoland!! My two DD’s 15 and 17 and my DH and I took turns riding Dinosaur and Primeval whirl in pairs while two of us stayed with DD(4) while she played!! After we were finally done exploring Dinoland we rode EE one last time and headed back to the resort for an early night…finally some sleep!!

Day seven, Friday – Magic Kingdom again…. we had a nice relaxing day. No hurrying just enjoying the kingdom. We rode Cinderella’s Carousel about 4 times and found Cinderella’s fav horse with the golden ribbon for DD to ride. We rode Dumbo and Aladdin’s Carpet. Got fastpasses and rode Space Mountain for the last time before it closes for rehab!! Saw the Mickey’s Philharmagic and rode BTMR. We watched Wishes from a pavilion near the castle and got to see Tinkerbell pass right above us!! Then we went over to Sleepy Hollow Inn for funnel cakes and watched SpectroMagic! It was a magical final day in the Kingdom!!

Day eight, Saturday and our final day – The kids swam after breakfast while DH and I got things together and the car loaded, (thanks again to bell services!!). After checkout we headed over to Hollywood Studios for some shopping and a few last rides on Tot and RRC. We headed for home, totally exhausted and happy at about 5pm….

All in all we had a great time!! We loved POR. We had special mousekeeping services everyday with either towel animals or special arrangements made with DD’s existing animals, which overjoyed her!! All other visits had been to Bay Lake resorts so we missed that convenience a little but loved the POR recreation and pool area. Hubby and I are planning a 4 day grownup only getaway for September and are going to be staying at the Poly….it will be our second stay there.

Hope the report wasn't too long....I didn't want to leave anything out!!

Old 04-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
matt&jakesmom
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed reading your report. We have stayed at POR in the past and last year we were at POFQ. Both have wonderful service.

Great to hear that the crowds were mangeable. We are going in August and cannot wait. Everytime I read a report, I get more excited for our trip.
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
Atchley
"Bedsheets? Who invited that kid?"

Great report. 15 minutes waiting in line is practically walking right on to me. I wish they would be that away in July. I'm sure we'll have no such luck, although in 2006 the lines weren't bad at all.
DH and I are planning a five night stay in Sept too. We are staying at POR. It is for our 15th anniversary, which is actually this week.

May 30/June 8 2013-AKVJune 6/9 2012-CBRJune 9/16 2012-VWLSept 4/11 2010-BLTSept 3/8 2009-PORJuly 17/25 2009-WLJuly 19/26 2008-WL July 15/22 2006-CBR July 20/26 2003-ASMo
Old 04-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
klmorg
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atchley View Post
Great report. 15 minutes waiting in line is practically walking right on to me. I wish they would be that away in July. I'm sure we'll have no such luck, although in 2006 the lines weren't bad at all.
DH and I are planning a five night stay in Sept too. We are staying at POR. It is for our 15th anniversary, which is actually this week.
Thanks!! Our anniversary is in May...but we will be celebrating it at the Poly in Sept!! This will be our first trip with no kids!!

Old 04-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #5
rodeo65
That dog is a true crate potato.....He's kind of a Kong hoarder too.
An iron - huh?

Thanks for the great report! Perfect amount of information - the more detail the better in my book. We are doing a similar trip - number of days and trips to MK etc in June. Sounds like a similar touring schedule as well, so it's great to hear that it worked out so well for you.

1974, 1976, 1978, 1980, 1985 LBV Villas; 1994 PO RS (first trip with future DH); 2009 CBR (first time seeing it through our kids' eyes); 2011 OKW (all together now...grandparents too!) ; 2014 CBR
Old 04-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #6
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Love your report.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3261767 Hey save some of that, it has to last us a week.....March 22-March 28th, 2014 Trip Report

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 04-14-2009, 04:37 AM   #7
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

sounds like you had a great time and got to do all the rides you wanted with hardly any lines xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

Old 04-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #8
klmorg
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atchley View Post

Thats funny, this will be my DH's and mine 10th anniversary that we will be celebrating in September...but the actual date is in May!! We just thought Sept would be a nice time to go....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: