Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #121
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydfamily4 View Post
Thanks for this reminder! When DH and I went for my 30th bday (8 years ago today) he struck up a pleasant conversation with a CM who offered to take our picture. As we were chatting we asked about a good place to watch Illuminations and boom - the CM radio'd someone and we were given seats right on a balcony at some restaurant in front of the lake! It was such a cool way to end our time at Epcot and totally unexpected. He was such a nice guy and my husband always says "I don't meet strangers just unmet friends". Anyway I just thought I would share that story

Dawn
We had a similar experience. We were chatting up a Photopass CM at the entrance to Epcot and he was commenting on our anniversary buttons. We mentioned that it was our 1 year anniversary and that we had been married in WDW the year before. He asked us to follow him and we were like He took us over to the side where there was a big grouping of beautiful flowers and gave us a private 15-20 minute photo session. He even timed things perfectly so we could have the monorail in the background of some of our pictures. It was great and all because we were nice to someone
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #122
DisneyTampa
Mouseketeer

Slow down!!! I lose count of how many times a day I get yelled at because lines are too long or cm's are too slow and the guest is trying to see and do everything! I am convinced that the only way to see and do everything is if you have the park to yourself

I find that the guests who are running around and stressing about doing everything enjoy their trip much less than those who are relaxed and just go with the flow.
"Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life. They're people who don't give a hang what the Joneses do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought - sometimes it isn't much, either." - Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyTampa
DisneyTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2009, 11:43 AM   #123
DisneyBamaFan
Alabama - 2009 National Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTampa View Post
Slow down!!! I lose count of how many times a day I get yelled at because lines are too long or cm's are too slow and the guest is trying to see and do everything! I am convinced that the only way to see and do everything is if you have the park to yourself

I find that the guests who are running around and stressing about doing everything enjoy their trip much less than those who are relaxed and just go with the flow.

No doubt about it. If you rush from one ride to the next, you miss the beauty of the park - and the beauty of the moment. Instead of rushing to the next thing, live in the moment...
DisneyBamaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #124
guelde96
Mouseketeer

This is a great thread. Thanks for all the tips!

2004 Off site
2006 All Star Movies
2007 Pop Century (free dining) HOT & HUMID
Feb 23- Mar 2, 2009 or first of Dec 2009. Not sure where.
guelde96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #125
MermaidsMom
Do you live trap squirrels with creamy or crunchy peanut butter? Jiffy or Peter Pan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBamaFan View Post

No doubt about it. If you rush from one ride to the next, you miss the beauty of the park - and the beauty of the moment. Instead of rushing to the next thing, live in the moment...
I agree! It's sad to see the families who are panicking while they are in the parks. Walking fast like commandos and shoving because they are afraid they will miss something. I wish I could say something that would make them calm down and enjoy things but of course that isn't possible.
MermaidsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #126
dansamy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBamaFan View Post

I need to constantly remind myself of this. I know I make our mornings go, go, go, but we could certainly stand to have our afternoons more "live in the moment".
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:58 PM   #127
DaveStroem
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidsMom View Post
I agree! It's sad to see the families who are panicking while they are in the parks. Walking fast like commandos and shoving because they are afraid they will miss something. I wish I could say something that would make them calm down and enjoy things but of course that isn't possible.

Of course, these folks are on the first part of their trip. Later on speed walking is just not possible anymore.

The only time that I find crazy like this is at RD. At DHS, I was one of the speed walkers just behind the CM. But at MK, I just about got run over by people running to Space Mountain. I don't get that because we did fantasy land first and still rode Space Mountain 4 times that day all with FPs.

Top 10 Tips for Disney Noobies
RideMax Users Thread
DaveStroem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #128
colonialtinker
You may not see much in a small town, but what you hear makes up for it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLynn View Post
Another tip from a Resort CM:

A request is merely a request. It does not guarantee that you will get what you are asking for.
I so agree with this. I have had people standing in front of me at check in insisting that they get what they requested, the last time the people were extremely rude, even DD noticed. When DD and I got up there we told the CM she had the patience of a saint. We started chatting about the weather and such, CM looked at DD and asked her where she liked staying. DD smiled and said close to the pool. Needless to say we got a great view of the pool
Old 04-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #129
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoronni37 View Post
When DH and I went last year for our honeymoon, two girls came up to us and gave us their dream fastpasses in DHS as we walked through the gates!!

Well, we can't ride a lot of those rides (although DH did partake in riding Star Tours 4 times that day!), I get motion sickness - but it was such a nice gesture!! They saw our "Just Married" buttons!

Well, when we were leaving we still had a good amount left (including ToT and RnRC) so we found a couple that had Anniversary buttons and we gave them away - they were so happy!! I just LOVE spreading that Disney magic - and karma goes a loonnnnng way!!
OMG!!! That was me!! That is so cool! Based on your avatar pic I gave you the dream fast passes. Oct 2008 right? I'm sorry you couldn't use too many of them but I'm glad you remember the gesture!
CURRENT DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! May 2014~
CURRENT TR: ~Without knowing why, they always say "We must go!" May 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #130
erinch
DIS Veteran

Actually, a tip about Cast Members:

One of the things our family does is carry some note cards with us to write down the names of CMs who go above and beyond, and "shine" at what they're doing. We put down their name, where they were working, and brief description of what was exemplary. We then make a stop at guest relations, on the way out of the park or resort, ask to see a manager, and "turn them in." It never fails to delight Guest Services, and it's good training for my kids in noticing what there is around them to be grateful for.

Last edited by erinch; 04-07-2009 at 01:33 PM.
erinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:25 PM   #131
TotalSnowWhite
DIS Veteran

I appreciate all the tips, but I love the CM tips! Great to hear it from the front lines! Good thread, OP.

TotalSnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #132
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG!!! That was me!! That is so cool! Based on your avatar pic I gave you the dream fast passes. Oct 2008 right? I'm sorry you couldn't use too many of them but I'm glad you remember the gesture!
WOW! How cool is this?!?!?1
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:29 PM   #133
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinch View Post
Actually, a tip about Cast Members:

One of the things our family does is use put carry some note cards with us to write down the names of CMs who go above and beyond, and "shine" at what they're doing. We put down their name, where they were working, and brief description of what was exemplary. We then make a stop at guest relations, on the way out of the park or resort, ask to see a manager, and "turn them in." It never fails to delight Guest Services, and it's good training for my kids in noticing what there is around them to be grateful for.
I did this in my trip journal. I didn't think to do it on the spot while I was there.

I'm going to write up a short & sweet letter and email it in. I think it is wdw.guestservices@disney.com?
Old 04-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #134
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
WOW! How cool is this?!?!?1
i know! Of the hundreds of thousands of people that visit WDW each day I gave the passes to another DISer Its so cool!!
CURRENT DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! May 2014~
CURRENT TR: ~Without knowing why, they always say "We must go!" May 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #135
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
OMG! Are we married to the same man? LOL Last trip my DD wanted pink minnie crocs, and I wouldnt buy them, the second morning we're there, DH goes down to get coffee, and what does he return with? Yup, pink minnie crocs! LOL
This is so my DH.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: