Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2009, 07:19 PM   #16
cab0ad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TillyMarigold View Post
If an attraction has multiple lines, always get in the one on the left.

If you need to know about something that's happening unexpectedly (like a ride broke down and you're wondering if it's open again yet), ask a custodian. (Or a manager--the people in suits and nametags.) Both groups have radios.

Let yourselves and *especially* your kids relax and smell the roses. Seriously. Don't be commando.

Never assume a line is "too long" until you ask the greeter CM or look at the ride board. Many rides/shows hold a bajillion people at once. I used to have a lot of people walk away from my attraction because the line was "too long" even though I knew it was only 15 minutes. (Which reminds me--the estimate the CM will give you is almost always high.)

Break your shoes in thoroughly and carry Band-Aids.

Best way to get a thrill out of Splash Mountain is to look straight out in front of you (not down) as you start to go down the flume.
Go to the left??? Seriously? Do people subliminally pick "right" for some reason or are the left lines built to be shorter?

LOVE the Splash Mountain tip! I could have ridden it a dozen times without trying it! This is why I like a different perspective!

Also, good tip about managers and custodial staff! Thanx!!!!!

cab0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #17
cab0ad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acourtwdw View Post
Not a CM, but have been to WDW a lot. Please use both sides of the register at CS places. The cashier will turn to the left, then the right to take orders. Why stand in a longer line if you don't have to?

Also, when they say use all available space, they mean it. Like outside of HM pass the turnstiles. Not sure why people always assume that all attracations have to be single file lines...
You mean each cashier actually services 2 lines at CS meals??? Wow...didn't know that one either....

cab0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #18
disneymomofmyca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0ad View Post
You mean each cashier actually services 2 lines at CS meals??? Wow...didn't know that one either....
I think alot of people don't realize this. I noticed this last year and I rarely had to wait in line at CS because there was always one empty line!
Old 04-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #19
TillyMarigold
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0ad View Post
Go to the left??? Seriously? Do people subliminally pick "right" for some reason or are the left lines built to be shorter?
Most people go right. This tip applies just about anywhere, actually, but it's more noticeable where there are longer lines (like at Disney). (The queues are usually built to be the same length on both sides.)

This tip does *not*, however, work when choosing which direction to see a park in ... you don't necessarily save time by going left instead of right and doing the park clockwise instead of counterclockwise.
TillyMarigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:04 PM   #20
WthrLdy
Earning My Ears

Actually it's been proven that the majority of people will go right as the majority of people are right hand dominant. Even in a chase situation, the runner will turn right more than left. It's just the funky way we are wired.

I like the new quick order machines at Pecos !!! People were standing in line like sheep, and there wasn't one person using the machines !!! I was in and out of the booth, and had my food before two people even ordered at the regular line.

WthrLdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #21
Truelovernr1122
Robby's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by WthrLdy View Post
Actually it's been proven that the majority of people will go right as the majority of people are right hand dominant. Even in a chase situation, the runner will turn right more than left. It's just the funky way we are wired.

I like the new quick order machines at Pecos !!! People were standing in line like sheep, and there wasn't one person using the machines !!! I was in and out of the booth, and had my food before two people even ordered at the regular line.
When did they install quick order machines? I LOVE Pecos Bill, we go there every year when we're in MK and I've never seen them! Was there last year in July...are they fairly recent?

Engaged to my Prince Charming July 24th, 2005 in Fort Wilderness Cabin

Married to my Prince Charming on October 4th, 2008!
Truelovernr1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #22
a*lil*bit*goofy
If only I had a brain! :O/
Oh wow now i am even more excited for the odd nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomofmyca View Post
I think alot of people don't realize this. I noticed this last year and I rarely had to wait in line at CS because there was always one empty line!
yea, we got yelled at when we did this. I looked at the lady and said "well you could have come over here too"

She and people behind her thought that it was budding...then the CM cheerfully turned and took our order. Because of the Dis, I knew tht it was ok to do this when we took our last trip! (even if noone is in the que infront of you, if its 'open' line up!)
Old 04-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #23
Truelovernr1122
Robby's Princess

I have a tip for parade & fireworks viewing! If you want to get a good seat but hate finding them and sitting there for an hour doing nothing, have your group set up wherever it is you want to watch everything from and send 1-2 people to go get dinner and bring it back. While you keep your spot, you can be entertaining yourself with dinner. (Makes the time fly by and you still get those excellent seats!)

Engaged to my Prince Charming July 24th, 2005 in Fort Wilderness Cabin

Married to my Prince Charming on October 4th, 2008!
Truelovernr1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #24
a*lil*bit*goofy
If only I had a brain! :O/
Oh wow now i am even more excited for the odd nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by WthrLdy View Post

ok wait. WHAT? do tell!
Old 04-05-2009, 08:26 PM   #25
PirateD
Mouseketeer

Great tips so far! I'm subscribing.
WDW Aug 1989 HJ at DTD; Aug 2005 ASMu; Jun 2007 ASMu; Stayed w/Family: Jun 2008, Dec 2008, Jun 2009; Aug 2009, Apr 2010, Jun 2010, Dec 2011, Apr 2012, Jul 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012 DL May 1978 First Trip to DL; Apr 2001 Anabella; Jun 2002 PP; Oct 2003 PP Tokyo DL Oct 1999

PirateD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #26
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker and Fairly Good Sailing Master

Set your budget
. . . then, double it
. . . then divide by three
. . . then, multiply by six
. . . then add three
. . . then throw away the budget
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #27
WthrLdy
Earning My Ears

Ah! Was it Pecos ? The eatery by the bridge at the bend in the Splash Mountain. Pretty darn sure it was. As you walk in the front doors you see the CMs at registers and they take two lines and order right, then left. To YOUR RIGHT of THEM is an island of four you do it quick order machines. Slide your ATM/Credit/Room Chrage Card/ or Meal Plan card, select the meals you want and hit Order. You take your receipt and walk up the the counter and pick up your food. Simple and FAST !

WthrLdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #28
Bounce_Tigger
Your super-awesome safari guide for the next two weeks

Waiting in lines is inevitable. You can plan down to the second, using 4 different touring plans, and you will, without a doubt, be waiting for something - a meal, a show to start, a bus to come - at many points.

What I like to do when I see people who are antsy in line (and lets face it, who isn't?) is help them to make it as fun as it can be. Play a game thats easy to play in line (see below), take out your digital camera and go through photos from previous days (make sure it was yesterday or before though. It's not as much fun to think "oh, that was fun, 10 minutes ago, when we met Goofy") etc. Before you know it, the line will be moving and you'll be good to go!

Games I like to suggest:
-Scattegories - pick a topic (Disney movies, presidents, Disney rides, foods, etc) and go through the alphabet thinking of one for each letter of the alphabet (i.e. Characters - Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, etc)
-Would You Rather Disney Version (Would You Rather....get stuck on Its a small World for 3 hours or have to spend 3 hours in the Swiss Family Treehouse?)
-I Spy (self explanatory and good for people watching)
May 2007 - CSR with best friend and family
Fall 2008 College Program - Attractions
"Grow Eyes For Poachers"
Bounce_Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #29
fall08CP
Cheesehead

From a resort CM:

You're more likely to get an upgrade if you don't ask.

You win more flies with honey than vinegar... have a positive attitude and you will have a much better time.

Make sure your expectations are reasonable. Not everybody can get a theme park/fireworks view.. it's just not logistically possible!
fall08CP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #30
Luv2CtheMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildeoscar View Post
there are many CM's on these boards, not all of them want it to be known.

It Was Just A Simple Question - Not Asking For Personal Information....Why Always Be So Rude?
Luv2CtheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: