Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #631
oasispaul
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Did you happen to notice if the brand new Fantasia Market was selling more foods then they use to as the Sundries store or do you think that will happen once Bay Lake Tower opens?
Not sure what the Sundries store sold, but as of last week, the new Fantasia Market was selling everything from a variety of beverages to some frozen items (like ice cream) to chips, other snack-type items, and muffins, cookies, donuts, etc. Was there anything in particular you were hoping for (I can rack my brain to try to remember if they sold it..)
Old 05-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #632
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasispaul View Post
Not sure what the Sundries store sold, but as of last week, the new Fantasia Market was selling everything from a variety of beverages to some frozen items (like ice cream) to chips, other snack-type items, and muffins, cookies, donuts, etc. Was there anything in particular you were hoping for (I can rack my brain to try to remember if they sold it..)
Actually the answer you gave was perfect because the stuff like Ice Cream was not sold at the Sundries store, so it's obvious they are selling more foods. I just wasn't sure if those type of food items were being sold now or when Bay Lake Tower opens, because they are the reason for changing the store around and selling more foods for the guests staying there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2009, 11:18 PM   #633
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Tip for Club Level guests

Here is a tip I added to the 1st page in the Club Level section, so hopefully this will help out some people.

Even though these are not offered with their other drinks that they put out in the lounge, you can ask the Cast Members for mini bottles of Nesquik Chocolate Milk that they keep in their storage room. However they only get a limited supply each day so by the time you ask they might have no more left.

Last edited by CR Resort Fan 4 Life; 05-12-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:01 AM   #634
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally08 View Post
Wait a minute...were they hogging them all up there???

My dh's brother and his family were at WDW the same time as us but stayed in another resort. The morning they came in for Chef Mickey's I made them bring us a donut back from the buffet and I can't tell you how thrilled my dd was. The child eats next to nothing, so anything she will eat makes me happy.
We actually fed ourselves most morning on cereal and sandwiches.
Nothing wrong with that - heck, it's vacation. Besides, don't donuts have their own food group now?

Speaking of CM, was it ever open at lunch while you were there?
Old 05-13-2009, 09:52 AM   #635
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

hey everyone, just about to leave for the airport hotel.
i'll be at the Contemporary resort tomorrow night.
will take lots of pics and let you know about my trip when i get back.
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge @ Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
August 2014- Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort
Old 05-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #636
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtatty View Post
Safe and easy travels and have a wonderful vacation!

Looking forward to your report and pictures when you return.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:29 AM   #637
goofygal531
Always planning...

Quote:
Here is a tip I added to the 1st page in the Club Level section, so hopefully this will help out some people.

Even though these are not offered with their other drinks that they put out in the lounge, you can ask the Cast Members for mini bottles of Nesquik Chocolate Milk that they keep in their storage room. However they only get a limited supply each day so by the time you ask they might have no more left.
If you notify IPO prior to you're arrival, any of the resort CL lounges will order beverages at your request for the lounge. At the BWI, not only did they get us Nesquik Chocolate Milk, but they got my son Minute Maid Fruit Punch Juice Boxes. As long as the beverages you're requesting are available at other resorts on the WDW property, they can get them for you in the CL lounge. I've also read that people have requested caffeine free diet cokes and the lounge can order that as well. I'm guessing any Coke or Minute Maid products can be pre-ordered (at no cost to the guest).

So if a beverage is available at the Contempo Cafe, most likely they can order it for you in the CL lounge.

Our Disney Vacations
8/14 Yacht Club's Regatta Club • 8/13 Pop Century TWO WEEKS! • 2/13 Pop Century • 9/12 Port Orleans French Quarter • 8/12 Pop Century
• 10/11 Port Orleans French Quarter• 5/10 Wilderness Lodge (Mom&Boys) •6/09 Grand Floridian-Royal Palm Club •
11/08 Boardwalk's Innkeeper's Club• 6/08 Grand Floridian
11/07 Caribbean Beach • 2/06 Beach Club• 1/05 Polynesian •
5/02 Dixie Landings • 5/01 Contemporary/Wonder/Hard Rock Hotel • 5/00 Swan
Old 05-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #638
goofygal531
Always planning...

Quote:
Actually the answer you gave was perfect because the stuff like Ice Cream was not sold at the Sundries store, so it's obvious they are selling more foods. I just wasn't sure if those type of food items were being sold now or when Bay Lake Tower opens, because they are the reason for changing the store around and selling more foods for the guests staying there.
Wow! So happy to hear this! My kids love Thomas's Bagels (they are just not fond of the WDW bagels, regardless if they are free in the CL lounge ) So we usually trek over to the WL or BWI to purchase them and pick up a half gallon of milk. This is great that the CR will now offer these items! DH also can't resist picking up Entermann's Donuts

It's also worth mentioning that DVC resorts have the BEST sundries store! My son got sick one trip and we forgot hand sanitizer, our doc said to make sure we sanitize more than ever. Well, NOWHERE on property do they sell Purell! You'll find it on the counter next to every register, but not for sale. We finally realized that the BWI had a mega general store and they just had to have it. They did!! Sanitizing wipes. So if you need something and a regular gift shop doesn't have it, always seek out the DVC shops!!! They have so much stuff!!!

Our Disney Vacations
8/14 Yacht Club's Regatta Club • 8/13 Pop Century TWO WEEKS! • 2/13 Pop Century • 9/12 Port Orleans French Quarter • 8/12 Pop Century
• 10/11 Port Orleans French Quarter• 5/10 Wilderness Lodge (Mom&Boys) •6/09 Grand Floridian-Royal Palm Club •
11/08 Boardwalk's Innkeeper's Club• 6/08 Grand Floridian
11/07 Caribbean Beach • 2/06 Beach Club• 1/05 Polynesian •
5/02 Dixie Landings • 5/01 Contemporary/Wonder/Hard Rock Hotel • 5/00 Swan
Old 05-13-2009, 01:57 PM   #639
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have a great time and I can't wait to read your trip report, then see all your pictures when you get back home.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #640
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal531 View Post
If you notify IPO prior to you're arrival, any of the resort CL lounges will order beverages at your request for the lounge. At the BWI, not only did they get us Nesquik Chocolate Milk, but they got my son Minute Maid Fruit Punch Juice Boxes. As long as the beverages you're requesting are available at other resorts on the WDW property, they can get them for you in the CL lounge. I've also read that people have requested caffeine free diet cokes and the lounge can order that as well. I'm guessing any Coke or Minute Maid products can be pre-ordered (at no cost to the guest).

So if a beverage is available at the Contempo Cafe, most likely they can order it for you in the CL lounge.
I would say that's correct because of the drink is available on WDW property the Club Level Cast Members should be able to get it for you. Also here is a great story about that.

In August 2006 my mom wanted to try a bottle of Diet Cherry Coke, however she didn't realize the machine outside Walmart was sold out. Anyway later that night when we returned to the Atrium Club floor we were talking to one of the Cast Members about requests people have made that they don't offer in the lounge. So my mom brought up Diet Cherry Coke and said what happened earlier that day. So the Cast Member said do you want me to get you some, however my mom said no you don't need to and was being serious. Anyway after that we decided to visit the Grand Floridian and when we returned back after 10:00 PM once the Cast Members left for the night and walked back into our room, there was 6 pack bottle of Diet Cherry Coke in our room, So talk about great service from a Cast Member.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #641
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal531 View Post
Wow! So happy to hear this! My kids love Thomas's Bagels (they are just not fond of the WDW bagels, regardless if they are free in the CL lounge ) So we usually trek over to the WL or BWI to purchase them and pick up a half gallon of milk. This is great that the CR will now offer these items! DH also can't resist picking up Entermann's Donuts

It's also worth mentioning that DVC resorts have the BEST sundries store! My son got sick one trip and we forgot hand sanitizer, our doc said to make sure we sanitize more than ever. Well, NOWHERE on property do they sell Purell! You'll find it on the counter next to every register, but not for sale. We finally realized that the BWI had a mega general store and they just had to have it. They did!! Sanitizing wipes. So if you need something and a regular gift shop doesn't have it, always seek out the DVC shops!!! They have so much stuff!!!
After reading what you said how the DVC Resorts have these great shops with more items it's a little weird that the Fantasia Market was not built inside Bay Lake Tower, since the Contemporary is not a DVC Resort. I didn't think the Sundries store needed to be changed, however it does look a lot better from the pictures I have seen and I like the name change since it's now located by the huge Fantasia store. Although I guess with the renovations to the 4th floor they thought it was time for a change and they must realize with the walkway from Bay Lake Tower to the 4th floor it won't be so hard for Bay Lake Tower guests to go there and purchase anything they would need.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #642
soccer-mom29e
Mouseketeer

Can you see Spaceship Earth at Epcot from a BLV room?

I read somewhere that you can see Spaceship Earth if you have a bay lake view from the CR tower. Is this true? If so, I'd love to see a picture. I'm assuming it would have to be zoomed quite a bit. I don't know how far it actually is from there. We always stay in the MK view rooms.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:13 PM   #643
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer-mom29e View Post
I read somewhere that you can see Spaceship Earth if you have a bay lake view from the CR tower. Is this true? If so, I'd love to see a picture. I'm assuming it would have to be zoomed quite a bit. I don't know how far it actually is from there. We always stay in the MK view rooms.
Yes that's true and it's something I saw this past December when my family and I had the Bay Lake View. Like I said on the 1st page in the room tips you need to be looking out to the right and I would also say the closer your room is to Chef Mickey's the better the chance you have of seeing it, since those rooms are located a bit closer to Epcot.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #644
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Well I am happy the Blackhawks won because I don't like the Canucks.
That makes two of us

Quote:
Have a great time!!! Any further pool updates will be much appreciated!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 05-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #645
oasispaul
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer-mom29e View Post
You can actually see it pretty easily from the balconies on the Bay Lake side of the tower. You can also see the Swan & Dolphin, Downtown Disney (including the new Characters in Flight balloon) and the Wilderness Lodge. Oh, and you can see the Tree of Life @ AK, but it's a little harder to spot than the others...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: