Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 10:04 PM   #3376
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsgirl36 View Post
We haven't encountered any problems with the monorails at all. They have been running steady since we have been here and we used them everytime we went out.
Thanks for that information and it's great you haven't had any problems. Hopefully when we are back there this August we won't either, although considering all the other times we went nothing was wrong the last time might have been just bad luck.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #3377
AMB1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I actually have a question for you. Have you had any problems with the Monorails because this past December there were three seperate problems my family and I encountered with the Resort Monorail, so just wondering how your experience with them have been?
Saturday night we had multiple problems with monorail Gold. The power went out twice. They had to reset the system. The driver didn't get the monorail lined up properly at one stop and the doors wouldn't open. That was on our outbound trip. We were half an hour late for our ADR. On the way home we got stuck with Gold again -- more problems! The audio was all messed up and kept saying "aloha" at the GF etc. They had to reset the system again. We avoided Gold for the rest of the trip and were fine.

2015 Disney Fantasy
2014 Disney Magic/POFQ
2013 Disney Wonder Alaska
2012 Beach Club
2010 Contemporary
2009 Grand Floridian
2005 Boardwalk Inn
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2010, 11:24 PM   #3378
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB1 View Post
Saturday night we had multiple problems with monorail Gold. The power went out twice. They had to reset the system. The driver didn't get the monorail lined up properly at one stop and the doors wouldn't open. That was on our outbound trip. We were half an hour late for our ADR. On the way home we got stuck with Gold again -- more problems! The audio was all messed up and kept saying "aloha" at the GF etc. They had to reset the system again. We avoided Gold for the rest of the trip and were fine.
Wow I never heard that happening before. This past December while we were on the Resort Monorail I thought I smelled something weird, so after we stopped at the TTC we were told to get off and 20 minutes later they finally decide to take that Monorail out of service and let the one behind it on the tracks come in the station. Then a few days later while we were leaving the Polynesian we were told the whole Resort Monorail line was down. So instead of walking to the TTC, getting on the Express Monorail and walking back from the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary, we were able to get a Taxi ride which was comped for us so we didn't need to pay for it.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #3379
AMB1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Wow I never heard that happening before. This past December while we were on the Resort Monorail I thought I smelled something weird, so after we stopped at the TTC we were told to get off and 20 minutes later they finally decide to take that Monorail out of service and let the one behind it on the tracks come in the station. Then a few days later while we were leaving the Polynesian we were told the whole Resort Monorail line was down. So instead of walking to the TTC, getting on the Express Monorail and walking back from the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary, we were able to get a Taxi ride which was comped for us so we didn't need to pay for it.
It was weird on Saturday (and just our luck to get Gold twice that night). Everybody on our second trip was talking about how Gold had been messed up. Some thought they were training a new driver, which would explain the problem with having to back up to get the doors to open at the right spot, but wouldn't explain the power and audio problems. It was very funny to hear the audio for the Polynesian at the GF station and so on. Several first timers were confused though and we had to tell them where to exit.

We didn't let it bother us too much though. We just joked the rest of the weekend about avoiding Gold. The other monorails were fine and fast. No delays.

2015 Disney Fantasy
2014 Disney Magic/POFQ
2013 Disney Wonder Alaska
2012 Beach Club
2010 Contemporary
2009 Grand Floridian
2005 Boardwalk Inn
Old 02-12-2010, 05:38 PM   #3380
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Here is a link to a lovely post I stumbled upon today regarding the excellent customer service someone received at the CR:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post35408283
Old 02-13-2010, 12:19 AM   #3381
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Here is a link to a lovely post I stumbled upon today regarding the excellent customer service someone received at the CR:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post35408283
Thanks for posting that link.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:02 PM   #3382
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Thanks for posting that link.
You're welcome.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #3383
Leafsgirl36
Leafs Fan Forever

We had a fantastic stay at the CR Atrium Club level. Everyone was so helpful and friendly and we loved going to the lounge for a snack or a drink and to watch the fire works. We did the dining plan and I don't think we will do it again as it was way too much food for us. We are happy with a large lunch and just a few snacks in the evening. We found we were eating when we didn't want too and we also left with some TS and CS meals left.

We didn't run into any problems at all during our stay and would definetly stay there again!!!

Here are some pictures as we are driving up to the hotel and some pictures of the castle from the lounge.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #3384
WDWKOOK

Quote:
We had a fantastic stay at the CR Atrium Club level. Everyone was so helpful and friendly and we loved going to the lounge for a snack or a drink and to watch the fire works. We did the dining plan and I don't think we will do it again as it was way too much food for us. We are happy with a large lunch and just a few snacks in the evening. We found we were eating when we didn't want too and we also left with some TS and CS meals left.

We didn't run into any problems at all during our stay and would definetly stay there again!!!

Here are some pictures as we are driving up to the hotel and some pictures of the castle from the lounge.
Thank you for posting more photos! It sounds like you had a great vacation and learned that you wouldn't do the DP next time. This year will also be our first time not doing the DP. We don't like the dessert with every meal or the exclusion of the tip and appetizer (with the RDP).

Time for you to start planning your next WDW trip
Old 02-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #3385
Leafsgirl36
Leafs Fan Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you for posting more photos! It sounds like you had a great vacation and learned that you wouldn't do the DP next time. This year will also be our first time not doing the DP. We don't like the dessert with every meal or the exclusion of the tip and appetizer (with the RDP).

Time for you to start planning your next WDW trip
You will have to let us know how you make out not doing the dining plan...won't be long until your trip
Old 02-14-2010, 09:59 PM   #3386
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's great to read that you had a wonderfull time and thanks for posting those pictures.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:21 AM   #3387
danielmorgan03
Mouseketeer

Odd but have to ask

We are staying in Bay Lake Tower and do the coffee makers have basket or cone filters? Thanks.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:30 AM   #3388
Disneymama5816
DIS Veteran

Whoo Hoooo!!! Just made our final payment for Spring Break. We are so excited to be going home!!!

12/99 Millenium Celebration-Royal Plaza, 8/00-Swan, 3/01-CBR, 11/01-CBR, 8/02-DCL and CR, 2/03-DCL and POR, 3/04-Swan, 8/05-GF, 11/06-Poly, 04/07-CR, 8/07-Poly,03/08-CR,08/08-CR,04/09-CR,08/07-BLT, 4/10-CR, 08/10-CSR/CR, 12/10-Dolph/POP,08/11-POP/CR-CL, 07/12-BC,04/13-BC,08/13-POP,04/14-BC,07/14-POR RR
Old 02-15-2010, 08:23 AM   #3389
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielmorgan03 View Post
We are staying in Bay Lake Tower and do the coffee makers have basket or cone filters? Thanks.
They are the basket type filters, but the smaller size - I think 2-4 cup.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:38 AM   #3390
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Leafsgirl36;35429917]We had a fantastic stay at the CR Atrium Club level. Everyone was so helpful and friendly and we loved going to the lounge for a snack or a drink and to watch the fire works. We did the dining plan and I don't think we will do it again as it was way too much food for us. We are happy with a large lunch and just a few snacks in the evening. We found we were eating when we didn't want too and we also left with some TS and CS meals left.

Glad to hear you had a great trip! Thanks for posting the pictures. Any thoughts or recommendations for Atrium Club? We are staying there in July.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: