Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 05:53 PM   #286
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal531 View Post
I'm looking forward to trying the Contempo Cafe, the food looks good!
My favorite item on their menu is the Chicken Caesar Salad with the dressing already on it, because you can also get it on the side. Anyway I can't really explain but that had to be the best Chicken Caesar Salad I ever had in my life, so once you try it then you would know how it tastes.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:55 PM   #287
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

It's fun reading everyone memories of the CR.

As for the pools, I agree that we'll just have to wait either for BLT to open or for something in writing.

I can understand limiting the use of the pools to BLT/CR guests....if that happens. With slides at both, it would be so easy for DVC members to hop there from the MK and overwhelm both pools. Hopefully, that will not happen.

I think Contemporary Grounds is a cute name. I know the sign still said that in early March....too bad if it now has a commercial name.
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2009, 06:00 PM   #288
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye Sea Turtles View Post
It costs nothing...they will replenish the coffee packs when you run out, just as they would the shampoo, soap, etc.
Thanks

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 04-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #289
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Does anyone know how long it can take to get the package and tags when your vacation is paid off?

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 04-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #290
brergnat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
Does anyone know how long it can take to get the package and tags when your vacation is paid off?
They send that stuff within a couple weeks of your arrival date. You should have it 2-3 weeks prior.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #291
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by brergnat View Post
They send that stuff within a couple weeks of your arrival date. You should have it 2-3 weeks prior.
Thanks

Old 04-23-2009, 06:12 PM   #292
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
I can understand limiting the use of the pools to BLT/CR guests....if that happens. With slides at both, it would be so easy for DVC members to hop there from the MK and overwhelm both pools. Hopefully, that will not happen.
If both pools did become overwhelmed by Disney Vacation Club members do you think they would consider putting the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower on the list with the Yacht Club and Beach Club, since no one else but guests who stay there can swim at Stormalong Bay. So it would mean the swimming pools at both locations would be off limits for DVC Members who want to pool hopp.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #293
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
If both pools did become overwhelmed by Disney Vacation Club members do you think they would consider putting the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower on the list with the Yacht Club and Beach Club, since no one else but guests who stay there can swim at Stormalong Bay. So it would mean the swimming pools at both locations would be off limits for DVC Members who want to pool hopp.
I really don't know. I imagine there are legal issues.

DVC members can not hop to AKL pools either.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #294
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have a great time and enjoy the Bay Lake View.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Pixie, congrats on your switch!! I am sure you will like the view (how can you not after some of the pictures posted here!!)

We love, love, love the GF (although we always stay in one of the outer lodges, not RPC) but I am REALLY excited to try CR!! We have booked it 3 other times in the past and have always changed (usually to the GF and ALWAYS at DH's insistance!) DS has always wanted to stay at the CR (ever since he first saw the monorail "disappear" inside when standing near MK!). Since DH isn't going this trip, I figured this was a perfect time to try it!!!

Also, not sure if I ever mentioned this on this thread, but the trip is a SURPRISE!! DS won't even find out we are going until 3 days before we leave And for me and my big mouth, keeping this a secret this long is something!! (Especially since I just booked his favorite resort!!! )
How fun that it's a surprise! I would love to spring something like that on our ds, but I don't think I could keep it to myself that long, LOL! There must be something about the CR and boys ... it was my ds' big wish to stay there, too, and he's excited to be going back there again.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:52 PM   #295
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie921 View Post
Thank you!!
You're welcome.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:34 AM   #296
goofygal531
Always planning...

Quote:
Honestly I have not heard of them doing this and until you mentioned it I had no idea this was even an issue.
Since I witnessed the kids climbing over the wall, then heard of the complaints on several different podcasts, I thought is was a major issue. I guess it's not until one kid successfully climbs over the wall and lands on someone's dinner table.

Quote:
So you recommend DisneyQuest? We've never gone over there ... just always visited the arcade at CR, whether or not we were staying there. I do agree that the old arcade was better, but I still think the CR has the best resort arcade on property (though I think Pop's is a pretty close second). Our ds is 16, so I thought DQ might be more fun for him this year, having more to offer than just a regular arcade. I just wasn't sure if it was worth the extra admission.

Like I said earlier, I haven't been to Disney Quest (DQ) in 7 years. DH and DS5 just went in Nov and loved it. They go to Dave & Busters arcade here in the city often and love big arcades. DQ has five floors of games. Every video game imaginable. The virtual ones are amazing. POTC, Aladin's Magic Carpet and the Jungle Cruise - where they spritz water on you while your rowing! I LOVED the floor with the vintage video games! Donkey Kong, Ms. Pacman, Q-Bert,etc... DH played Tetris and I played this hamburger game (stack a burger ) for hours!! I can't imagine what teenager would NOT have a ball in there.

As for admission, we only go when we purchase the Water Parks Fun and More tickets, it's included with that ticket. Otherwise, it's kinda pricey. I'd look into how much the ticket upgrade would cost you compared to paying OOP for a DQ ticket. Should your son enjoy it and want to go several evenings during your vacation, the ticket upgrade would be the bigger value. I believe they're open until 2am in the summer!

Quote:
And goofygal, our (very picky) family was very happy with the food at Contempo Cafe. We liked it better than Captain Cook's and Gasparilla Grill ... I think it's got the most variety of any deluxe resort quick service.
I haven't been to Captain Cooks in many many years, but the menu looks good too! I'm looking forward to eating and drinking some good coffee around the monorail!

Quote:
My favorite item on their menu is the Chicken Caesar Salad with the dressing already on it, because you can also get it on the side. Anyway I can't really explain but that had to be the best Chicken Caesar Salad I ever had in my life, so once you try it then you would know how it tastes.
Yum!

Quote:
I think Contemporary Grounds is a cute name. I know the sign still said that in early March....too bad if it now has a commercial name.
I like the name too! Where is it located in the CR?

Gotta admit the Kona Coffee Island is in the perfect location just steps from the monorail! So easy to run in and grab a coffee!

Our Disney Vacations
8/14 Yacht Club's Regatta Club • 8/13 Pop Century TWO WEEKS! • 2/13 Pop Century • 9/12 Port Orleans French Quarter • 8/12 Pop Century
• 10/11 Port Orleans French Quarter• 5/10 Wilderness Lodge (Mom&Boys) •6/09 Grand Floridian-Royal Palm Club •
11/08 Boardwalk's Innkeeper's Club• 6/08 Grand Floridian
11/07 Caribbean Beach • 2/06 Beach Club• 1/05 Polynesian •
5/02 Dixie Landings • 5/01 Contemporary/Wonder/Hard Rock Hotel • 5/00 Swan
Old 04-24-2009, 09:41 AM   #297
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal531 View Post

I like the name too! Where is it located in the CR?

Gotta admit the Kona Coffee Island is in the perfect location just steps from the monorail! So easy to run in and grab a coffee!
On the Ground floor.

It's on the right hand side as you enter the lobby.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #298
goofygal531
Always planning...

Quote:
On the Ground floor.

Okay, now that name is EVEN CUTER!!!

They cannot change it!

Thanks!

Our Disney Vacations
8/14 Yacht Club's Regatta Club • 8/13 Pop Century TWO WEEKS! • 2/13 Pop Century • 9/12 Port Orleans French Quarter • 8/12 Pop Century
• 10/11 Port Orleans French Quarter• 5/10 Wilderness Lodge (Mom&Boys) •6/09 Grand Floridian-Royal Palm Club •
11/08 Boardwalk's Innkeeper's Club• 6/08 Grand Floridian
11/07 Caribbean Beach • 2/06 Beach Club• 1/05 Polynesian •
5/02 Dixie Landings • 5/01 Contemporary/Wonder/Hard Rock Hotel • 5/00 Swan
Old 04-24-2009, 01:51 PM   #299
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

hi everyone!! i have gone towdw since 1973 at the age of 8. i have been there atleast once a year since then. my dw and got married 25 years ago and i turned her into the disney way of life!! (wasnt hard) we went there on our honeymoon and the rest is history. this year, i decided, besides our normal trip to okw in oct, that my dw and i would spend 7 night just the two of us.i made a ressi at car. beach and she was happy. i have been looking at the cr just about my entire life saying, im going to stay there one day. well, i change my ressi to the cr !!! i will be telling dw when we are on dis. property and she says the car. beach is over there, were are you going? i got a tower mk view room for 7 nights and cant wait!! ive enjoyed looking and reading everyones post. thanks for all the good tips and info. see ya there!!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #300
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
On the Ground floor.

You're so punny!!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: