Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 11:28 PM   #1606
brergnat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
We never used ME to get to our resort...we have always used car service. Can you tell me if it takes too long? How many stops does the bus take and is CR thefirst or last resort to be drop off? Thank you
In March of this year, DME loop from the airport was: Poly, Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge. So, we were the third stop. If it hadn't been for the fact that we brought all our own luggage onto the bus, I would have gotten off the bus at the Polynesian and taken the monorail around. It took a good 15-20 minutes JUST to let people off at those two stops and then make it over to Contemporary. The monorail would have been faster. If you don't have bags, and you will be stopping at another monorail resort first before Contemporary, consider ditching at the first stop, and riding the monorail to the CR. Makes for a fun way to arrive at your resort!

All in all, the time from checking into the DME counter to the Contemporary front desk was about an hour. Once we checked in at the DME counter at the airport, we were put onto a bus immediately and it left within about 5 minutes.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:44 AM   #1607
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
does anyone have any nighttime MK view pictures from their balcony they could post? I know I've seen some fireworks pictures here and there, but I can't seem to find them in all of the pics I've looked through. I'd love to see fireworks or the MK all lit up at night. Still trying to get a feel of what it would be like to have that view TIA for your help!
Here are some taken from the 11th floor balcony:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....eworks&page=15

And, here is the entire slide show with MANY photos of Wishes taken from the Tower:

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...view=slideshow
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2009, 07:47 AM   #1608
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Here are some taken from the 11th floor balcony:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....eworks&page=15

And, here is the entire slide show with MANY photos of Wishes taken from the Tower:

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...view=slideshow
thanks as always for the great links!
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
Old 08-13-2009, 08:25 AM   #1609
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
thanks as always for the great links!
You're welcome!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:29 PM   #1610
mdrob214
Denise a.k.a. Mikki and Pooh's Mom
I read it on the DIS....it must be true!
Personally, I hate making cupcakes, but like making the just for fun cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
We never used ME to get to our resort...we have always used car service. Can you tell me if it takes too long? How many stops does the bus take and is CR thefirst or last resort to be drop off? Thank you
In july we shared with WL and Poly. WE were the second drop and we were at the CR in 55 minutes (that's from the time we landed) The ride was about 40-45 minutes IIRC. Had our luggage in less than 3 hours, too.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:47 PM   #1611
Luv2Travel
Member since there were less than 5000 members!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brergnat View Post
In March of this year, DME loop from the airport was: Poly, Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge. So, we were the third stop. If it hadn't been for the fact that we brought all our own luggage onto the bus, I would have gotten off the bus at the Polynesian and taken the monorail around. It took a good 15-20 minutes JUST to let people off at those two stops and then make it over to Contemporary. The monorail would have been faster. If you don't have bags, and you will be stopping at another monorail resort first before Contemporary, consider ditching at the first stop, and riding the monorail to the CR. Makes for a fun way to arrive at your resort!

All in all, the time from checking into the DME counter to the Contemporary front desk was about an hour. Once we checked in at the DME counter at the airport, we were put onto a bus immediately and it left within about 5 minutes.
This is very good to know - Thank You!
Our flight arrives at 7:00 pm and Wishes is at 9:00 pm that evening. I REALLY want to see Wishes from our balcony our first night there.

Jan '11 WL, Dream Christening, May '10 BC, HRH, Sep '09 DCL, BC, Jun '09 YC, Mar '09 DCL, BC, Sept. '08 GF, DCL, May '08 BC, Mar. '08 - CSR, Nov '07 GF, Aug '07 WL, DCL May '07 BC, Jan. '07 AKL, Sept. '06 - DCL & Poly, May '06 - HRH, Mar. '06 - POP, Oct. '05 - POR, May '05 - RPR, Oct. '04 - Gaylord Palms & RPR, Oct. '03 - Dolphin & HRH, May '03 - HRH & DD Hilton, Mar. '03 - RPR & DD Hilton, Oct. '02 - Wyndham Palace Resort, Nov. '01 - Dolphin, Dec. '00 - HIFS, May '00 - HIFS, BC, Nov. '99 - HIFS, OKW, Mar. '91 - Cocoa Beach, Mar. '85 - Tampa
Old 08-15-2009, 01:56 PM   #1612
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Thank for all of the great info on this thread. I have always wanted to stay at CR but as a single mom of 3 didn't think it would happen. I was planning a trip for Jan with me, DD's 5&7 DS 15 mom and brother. Stuff happens and mom and Bro couldn't go so DS didn't want to go with me and the "girls". Since it was becoming a girl trip for 3 I thought why not upgrade to CR and go for Christmas decorations (fav place, fav time of year and dream resort) so I did it and my and my DD's are staying at CR Nov 29-Dec 5.
I am sad that my DS isn't coming but am very excited about the trip. Since the switch it has taken me 5 days to read all of this thread but it was worth it since I got some very good tips.

Look forward to reading more TR's and a great stay at the Contemporary!!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 08-15-2009, 03:44 PM   #1613
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
Thank for all of the great info on this thread. I have always wanted to stay at CR but as a single mom of 3 didn't think it would happen. I was planning a trip for Jan with me, DD's 5&7 DS 15 mom and brother. Stuff happens and mom and Bro couldn't go so DS didn't want to go with me and the "girls". Since it was becoming a girl trip for 3 I thought why not upgrade to CR and go for Christmas decorations (fav place, fav time of year and dream resort) so I did it and my and my DD's are staying at CR Nov 29-Dec 5.
I am sad that my DS isn't coming but am very excited about the trip. Since the switch it has taken me 5 days to read all of this thread but it was worth it since I got some very good tips.

Look forward to reading more TR's and a great stay at the Contemporary!!!

Congratulations! There is a lot of useful info. on the DIS, isn't there? Are you staying in the GW or Tower? You'll be making your dining reservations in just a couple weeks. If you haven't already, make sure you also visit Craig's site:

www.contemporaryresort.net

Let us know if you have any questions and have a wonderful December vacation.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #1614
GinCar
DIS Veteran

Thanks to all of you for info on CR.

We just got back last night from a wonderful 7 night stay- tower, Bay Lake view.
When we checked in, I had the opportunity to upgrade (40 more a night) to the MK view. My DH and I went back and forth and finally decided to stay with the Bay Lake view- I am so glad we did!!
I would love to try MK side, sometime, but Bay Lake view was perfect for my family. I loved waking up to a complete water view with no parking lots. We loved the view of the pool and DD4 had to see the electric light parade at night.

Our room was clean, and service was good. I did notice at the parks a few snappy CM's, but I am chalking that up to the heat and crowds.

We loved the Contemporary with 3 children. My two oldest could go to the food court without us worrying (plus they had a cell phone). The movies at night and all of the pool activities were a hit with my kids. They enjoyed the free 30 min arcade card, but chose not to play any more. (They were very stingy with their money this time)

I'd be happy to answer any questions.
We did not eat at the Wave, California Grill, or have room service - just Chef Mickey's and Contempo Cafe at the resort.

Oh, I almost for got about the new splash area. DD4 loved it, but there seemed to be alot of times that it was turned off, not sure why.
2011 Dolphin, 2011 POFQ, 2012 Beach Club
2013 February,Pre-Cruise- Polynesian, Fantasy
2013 Spring Break WBC; August- Pop, Contemporary
2014 Feb-BWI, April-FANTASY Cruising
Old 08-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #1615
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Congratulations! There is a lot of useful info. on the DIS, isn't there? Are you staying in the GW or Tower? You'll be making your dining reservations in just a couple weeks. If you haven't already, make sure you also visit Craig's site:

www.contemporaryresort.net

Let us know if you have any questions and have a wonderful December vacation.
Thanks.. we have garden wing garden view.. have a list of the ressies I want just waiting to make them!!!

We are crazy excited!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 08-15-2009, 06:15 PM   #1616
glovergirls
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what the prices were like for room service? Also did they show the movies every night and do you remember what time? TIA we leave in 4 weeks. I can't wait I am super excited.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #1617
GinCar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovergirls View Post
Does anyone know what the prices were like for room service? Also did they show the movies every night and do you remember what time? TIA we leave in 4 weeks. I can't wait I am super excited.
The movies were at 9:00pm every night (not sure if that changes after August). This was a big hit with my kids, but never crowded.

I never looked at the room service prices.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:33 PM   #1618
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovergirls View Post
Here is a 2007 link to in-room dining:

http://allears.net/menu/men_conrs.htm

And, this is from Craig's site, but I don't think prices are listed:

http://contemporaryresort.net/private_dining.html

A $3.00 delivery charge, sales tax, and 18% service charge will be added to all meals.

According to Brergnat, in April she reported that no movies were scheduled on the weekends, but that may not be the case in September.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #1619
stitchrulz
I am not spoiled -- A bit past the expiration date, maybe.

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinCar View Post
I'd be happy to answer any questions.
We did not eat at the Wave, California Grill, or have room service - just Chef Mickey's and Contempo Cafe at the resort.
Glad you had a wonderful time! Did you happen to hit the Contempo Cafe for breakfast? If so, how was it, and is the cost similar to other counter service? TIA!
1995 - CBR (Honeymoon!) 1996 - Dixie Landings 1997 - CBR 2000 - CBR 2001 - SOG 2002 - Contemporary 2003 - Contemporary 2004 - SOG 2005 - Polynesian (10th Anniversary!) 2006 - WL 2007 SOG 2008 - SOG 2009 - Polynesian
2012 - Polynesian

In memory of Stubs, our beloved "Pud" 04/10/2007
Old 08-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #1620
GinCar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchrulz View Post
Glad you had a wonderful time! Did you happen to hit the Contempo Cafe for breakfast? If so, how was it, and is the cost similar to other counter service? TIA!
We ate at the Contempo for breakfast 2 or 3 mornings. I am not a breakfast person, but DH always got the bounty platter that they serve at other resorts, as well. I am pretty sure the pricing was the same, but we had the dining plan, so I did not pay as much attention. The bacon looked greasy to me, but yet again, I don't normally eat bacon. My family devoured it all.
My youngest DD enjoyed the french toast.
They have really large muffins, DD loved the blueberry.
I brought coffee and filters with me for coffee in the room. I really enjoyed sitting out on the balcony with my coffee before everyone woke up!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: