Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #106
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by two*little*birds View Post
Has anyone ever done the fishing trips (on the lagoon)... with their kids? Is it expensive? DH would love to take DS (7) on our upcoming November trip.
I haven't tried this, but there was a great, detailed report about this on one of the DIS podcasts a while back. If you look through the Podcast lists, you may be able to find it -- it's worth listening to -- they really, really liked it and the report had alot of information in it. Hope this helps...

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #107
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Has anyone ever done the fishing trips (on the lagoon)... with their kids? Is it expensive? DH would love to take DS (7) on our upcoming November trip.

Can you use your CS credits to eat at Captain Cooks? Also can you easily take stuff back to your room, meaning do you get a bag or tray to carry it? We're not big on CS meals in the parks, so we thought this might be a good alternative.

Lastly, which building houses the laundry facilities at the Poly?
My DH took our sons on a fishing excursion from the Polynesian once many years ago. They had so much fun they did it again a few years later with our DD. It was an option in our package but I do know it is expensive...don't know current prices though.

You can ask for a bag to take food back to your room from CC...or to the beach or pool for that matter. They do have trays too but I wouldn't want to walk all the way back to CC to return the tray.

The laundry room is located in a separate building near the bus stop. The Neverland Club is in the same building as is Tangaroa Terrace which is used for private functions.
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #108
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manypets View Post
Thank you!! That's wonderful news.
You're welcome.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:59 PM   #109
kandcmch
Mouseketeer

I am so over being at work! Ready to leave! I hope this week goes by fast! Not much longer and alot of us will be on our way!

DH
, ME , DD 10

FIRST TRIP TO DISNEY APRIL 2009 POLY
Old 04-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #110
two*little*birds
LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
My DH took our sons on a fishing excursion from the Polynesian once many years ago. They had so much fun they did it again a few years later with our DD. It was an option in our package but I do know it is expensive...don't know current prices though.

You can ask for a bag to take food back to your room from CC...or to the beach or pool for that matter. They do have trays too but I wouldn't want to walk all the way back to CC to return the tray.

The laundry room is located in a separate building near the bus stop. The Neverland Club is in the same building as is Tangaroa Terrace which is used for private functions.
Thank you!
2010 ~ WINDSOR PALMS (November 4th - 18th)
2011 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 9th - 23rd)
2012 ~ INDIAN CREEK (October 7th - 21st)
2013 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 12th - 26th)

Old 04-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #111
two*little*birds
LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

I found this also...

Junior Fishing Excursions
(Kids' Fishing Around the World)

The Junior Fishing Excursion is a 1 hour long excursion available for Guests ages 6-12. Pickup is available from the following resort marinas and locations:

Disney's Contemporary Resort Boat Nook on Sundays only from 10:00 - 11:00am
Disney's Polynesian Resort Mikala Canoe Club on Saturdays only 10:00 - 11:00am
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 - 11:00am
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts Daily at 3:00pm

Call the Resort Recreation Reservation Center at (407) WDW-BASS (407-939-2277) for reservations and information.

Ages: 6-12
Price: $30.00 per Guest
Maximum 5 guests
Guests may not bring their own food, beverage, or coolers aboard
2010 ~ WINDSOR PALMS (November 4th - 18th)
2011 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 9th - 23rd)
2012 ~ INDIAN CREEK (October 7th - 21st)
2013 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 12th - 26th)

Last edited by two*little*birds; 04-06-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #112
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
I found this also...

Junior Fishing Excursions
(Kids' Fishing Around the World)

The Junior Fishing Excursion is a 1 hour long excursion available for Guests ages 6-12. Pickup is available from the following resort marinas and locations:

Disney's Contemporary Resort Boat Nook on Sundays only from 10:00 - 11:00am
Disney's Polynesian Resort Mikala Canoe Club on Saturdays only 10:00 - 11:00am
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 - 11:00am
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts Daily at 3:00pm

Call the Resort Recreation Reservation Center at (407) WDW-BASS (407-939-2277) for reservations and information.

Ages: 6-12
Price: $30.00 per Guest
Maximum 5 guests
Guests may not bring their own food, beverage, or coolers aboard
That sounds like fun for a junior angler, doesn't it? Thanks for the info.

mmouse37, thanks for those cool pictures and for describing your hurricane adventure.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #113
BigSnacks
Just back From Best Trip Ever

Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSnacks View Post
Have any of the Poly faithful used the new on-line check in? Do you think it makes a difference as far as getting the longhouse that has been requested? Is there a seperate line at registration for guests that have used the on-line check in? Does it speed up the process?
Old 04-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #114
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

This thread is moving fast - and I haven't been on-line nearly as much as usual but I wanted to say HI to everyone, Thank you Canadian Guy for getting us all set up on the new thread and to mmmears, kaffinito, luvamouse and all others leaving SOON ~ Hope all your last-minute details are coming together

mmmears - this is the Volcano pool end of Hawaii

Last edited by johnsonet; 04-06-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:46 PM   #115
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
mmmears - this is the Volcano pool end of Hawaii
Thanks for posting the photo -- I can't wait to get there already!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #116
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

I am so jealous of everyone who is leaving so soon for their trip. I hope everyone has a great time and will share their experience with the rest of us who have to wait.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #117
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

BigSnacks

Hi there.
I used online checkin in late March but had not made any requests. I loved the service and will use it again. From what I've read, using online check-in should not effect your room requests. Make your room requests through Reservations. There is no space for custom requests during the online process. Good luck!
Yes, there is a separate check-in line. In fact, when we arrived there were 2 CMs waiting to help online check-in guests.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #118
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can you use your CS credits to eat at Captain Cooks? Also can you easily take stuff back to your room, meaning do you get a bag or tray to carry it? We're not big on CS meals in the parks, so we thought this might be a good alternative.

A little tip for this is that we would tend to get a few meals from CC during our stay and while they do give you a nice handle bag to carry your food, I brought from home the reusable bags that they have for grocery stores now and used that. It was a little easier to handle and of course is being more green
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 04-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #119
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
kaffinito,

Does it make any difference if we bus to POFQ or POR (in time, hassle, walking, waits, etc.). I'm thinking that we may end up trying this out if we have the time, and I've always wanted to see POFQ.

Does the boat stop at POFQ or POR first? And does it run all day long?

Sorry to pelt you with questions while you're packing!

See you at the Poly!
No it really doesn't, but it's a good excuse to see POFQ! If you go to POFQ the ferry dock is at the back of the resort behind the Serpent Pool. It's a lovely little resort and you will be amazed at how small it is! If you go to POR the ferry dock is behind the main building at the Marina.

The boat picks up at POR and then goes to POFQ. So if you get the boat at POFQ you are second to get on, but first to get off. You can also stay on the boat after it drops off at POFQ and go to POR. (Can you tell it's my favorite! ) The boat docks near Captain Jacks restaurant (And Mickeys $10 and under store) at DTD.

You can get more information on the ferry at portorleans.org.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvamouse View Post
Your boys will be sooooo excited! How cool! My 14 YO wants to know why she must go to school for the morning...Then again, she is the one that is dying to be picked up from school early to go to WDW! You know how cool it is when you are a kid to be the one going!

kaffinito and mmmears-- you both have me trying to figure out when we can fit in DTD via POR now...that sounds so lovely...

I am so excited! 3 more nights here too! Cold, torrential rain... thunder...ick. Makes 85 sound good! Shoot, I'd be happy with 75!!
It is a nice thing to do for a "no park" day. It's become a tradition of ours now! Along with Mom (me) trying to make it from one end of the pop-jet fountain near the bus stop without getting wet! (I missed once - I was wearing a dress and it wasn't pretty! )

I really hope for temps in the 80's that week - I really need some sun and warmth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandcmch View Post
I am so over being at work! Ready to leave! I hope this week goes by fast! Not much longer and alot of us will be on our way!
I can barely wait! It will be so nice to get there and relax. I can't believe in just a few short (but they seem long) days we'll all be there! I tried the online check in too - hope that goes well! I hope we all get our room requests and have great trips down!

Old 04-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #120
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Kaffinito, thanks for the info on getting to DTD. Hopefully we'll have the time to try that out, and check out the new T-Rex for lunch.

Have you figured out how you're going to surprise your kids?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: