Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 07:45 PM   #856
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
I hope you have a fantastic vacation! Only one more day!!!

As for the ferry, we took it to the MK except early am when it wasn't running yet. I found that, for the return trip, the monorail was faster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
We usually take the monorail to the MK but I think the launch is actually faster if you were to board them both at the same moment. The monorail stops at the GF and that can take a minute to several minutes depending on how many people are boarding.

There is a third option which is the ferry from the TTC. It crosses in 5 minutes. But be careful not to ask for directions to the ferry if you really want the smaller boats, commonly called the launches.

Have a fantastic trip! Aloha!

Thank you both! My brain is fried but hopefully I can get it sorted out once I get there. Hope you all have a great week and I'll be sure to post when I return
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
Old 04-24-2009, 08:07 PM   #857
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2Boardwalk View Post
I have a random question -
Does anyone know if they make Tonga Toast with milk or butter? My daughter saw pictures of it on a Trip Report and fell in love, but she is allergic to milk so I was curious to see if it was safe for her or not. Thanks!!!
I don't know about the recipe, but I DO know that if you mention any food allergies or intolerances when your ADR's are made and again when you check in at the restaurant, the chef will come out & speak to you about your food. They will make every attempt to cater to your needs. They will do this at every single place you eat, if you just be sure to note it on your ressies.
Have a great trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2009, 10:32 PM   #858
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

How come the 2nd floor rooms don't have a balcony?

I have always wondered what is the specific reason that the 2nd floor rooms don't have a balcony?
Old 04-25-2009, 02:37 AM   #859
WOODY13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I have always wondered what is the specific reason that the 2nd floor rooms don't have a balcony?
A CM once told me that the reason they didn't have balconies on the second floor of the original buildings was because (according to Polynesian legend)there was a group of trouble makers ( can't remember what she said the name was for these people I think they have a statue of one of them in Boutiki) that would climb up to the second floor and get in so they wouldn't bulid balconies on the second floor. She also said the newer buildings(Tokelau,Tahiti, and Rapa Nui) got the blessing of this group that is why second floor balconies on thses buildings. Maybe someone else has heard this story and can fill in the gaps for me.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:22 AM   #860
melanie11793
Earning My Ears

POLY to Hoop-dee-Doo?

Will be staying at POLY for first time in two weeks. Our first trip to WDD. I have a question about the best way to travel from the POLY to the Hoop-dee-Doo Muscial review. We will have a car available. Was wondering if driving over our taking the boat from MK would be a better option? We have reservations for 7:30 PM show. What time would you suggest leaving? Would appreciate any information. Thank you.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:31 AM   #861
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODY13 View Post
A CM once told me that the reason they didn't have balconies on the second floor of the original buildings was because (according to Polynesian legend)there was a group of trouble makers ( can't remember what she said the name was for these people I think they have a statue of one of them in Boutiki) that would climb up to the second floor and get in so they wouldn't bulid balconies on the second floor. She also said the newer buildings(Tokelau,Tahiti, and Rapa Nui) got the blessing of this group that is why second floor balconies on thses buildings. Maybe someone else has heard this story and can fill in the gaps for me.
That is so interesting. I had not heard that legend.

I have read that it was too make the longhouses as authentic as possible...so the legend still fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie11793 View Post
Will be staying at POLY for first time in two weeks. Our first trip to WDD. I have a question about the best way to travel from the POLY to the Hoop-dee-Doo Muscial review. We will have a car available. Was wondering if driving over our taking the boat from MK would be a better option? We have reservations for 7:30 PM show. What time would you suggest leaving? Would appreciate any information. Thank you.
Using WDW transportation, take the launch or boat to the MK and then the boat to FW. I would allow at least an hour.

Driving is faster in my experience but still not hassle free as you must park at the entrance to FW and take a bus to the Hoop.

I miss the old TTC>WL>FW bus.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:27 AM   #862
Ashley80
Mouseketeer

Are there cd or dvd players in the rooms? We'd love to bring our Disney music for when we hang out in our room.

Thanks!
Old 04-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #863
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley80 View Post
Are there cd or dvd players in the rooms? We'd love to bring our Disney music for when we hang out in our room.

Thanks!
There's a DVD player in the club level rooms... I don't believe there is one is the rest of the rooms at the Poly (or any other resort at Disney). Also, no CD player -- we had an iHome clock/radio though, that we could put our iPhones in (really made for an iPod) and play music that way.

We played the music from a Hawaiian Slack-key guitar CD that we bought in Hawaii and it was heavenly.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #864
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie11793 View Post
You can also take the monorail from the Poly to the CR, and then the CR's boat launch to FW. With a 7:30 res., I think you need to be there by 7:00? So I would get on the monorail by 6:15-ish. I wouldn't take a car since there are multiple transportation options and as a PP said, you'd have to park/bus to HDD once at FW.

You'll love HDD!
Old 04-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #865
huntconn
"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile."

Has anyone stayed Club Level at the Poly recently? We stay CL every Summer and usually make our ADR's around nights that we don't particularly care for the offerings in the lounge. There has always been a set schedule for the offerings but I have now been informed by IPO that this is no longer the case. Can anyone confirm this and give me an idea of what the current menu is like? I hope this is not part of the recent Disney cut-backs.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #866
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

We are staying at the Poly for the first time June 3-10. I have requested to stay in Tokelau; second or third floor. For all you Poly experts what are our chances of getting our request during this time of year? Should we have a back-up plan?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #867
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntconn View Post
Has anyone stayed Club Level at the Poly recently? We stay CL every Summer and usually make our ADR's around nights that we don't particularly care for the offerings in the lounge. There has always been a set schedule for the offerings but I have now been informed by IPO that this is no longer the case. Can anyone confirm this and give me an idea of what the current menu is like? I hope this is not part of the recent Disney cut-backs.
We were there last week, and the menu was pretty much the same as listed on Tikiman's website, with a few changes. There were Aloha Drumsticks instead of Kona chicken, no potstickers ever (that I saw), but we did skip a night, and the 'Ohana potatoes are replaced with the noodles. It was pretty close to what we were expecting, though, so I don't know why they are saying it is not.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-25-2009, 12:12 PM   #868
miranda_stella
May 2009 Disneymooner

Subscribing! FH and I just upgraded our resort to the Polynesian. We only have one honeymoon right?! We're so excited! Now I'm just rushing around researching. We were lucky and were able to book Kona cafe, Ohana breakfast, and Ohana dinner for our stay too! Can't wait!
Old 04-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #869
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranda_stella View Post
Subscribing! FH and I just upgraded our resort to the Polynesian. We only have one honeymoon right?! We're so excited! Now I'm just rushing around researching. We were lucky and were able to book Kona cafe, Ohana breakfast, and Ohana dinner for our stay too! Can't wait!
That is great!!!

I agree -- you only get one honeymoon and it should be as magical as possible!

Congrat on the ADRs, too. Dinner at 'Ohana is a tradition for us!

Old 04-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #870
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranda_stella View Post
That's wonderful! What an amazing place for a romantic vacation
As busy as the Poly is in some areas (Volcano pool, outside of 'Ohana at breakfast-time or evenings), it is also VERY quiet and relaxing in our experience. Beautiful landscaping and the tiki torches and music and BEACH are awesome. Have a magical honeymoon! We were in Niue on the 1st floor last month and the hotel was full yet we were never bothered by noise and our patio was delightful.

mmmears - LOVE your new countdown clock
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: