Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #706
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
I'm glad you had a safe trip home! I can totally relate to your "bug"! I spent the second to last morning on the phone trying to book a bounceback for Christmas, and I already have ressies for Christmas using DVC points.

Aren't the rooms a good size? I really enjoyed the space we had.

We did too! We did walk ups at Kona Cafe and O'Hana's and had walk up Marina rentals. Sorry we missed you there! I'm so glad you had a great first trip! I was thinking about you and hoping you had a lot of
Glad you made it home. I looked for you, but never spotted you. I'm actually jealous or all of you who are comfy at home -- I'm pacing around the Austin airport, waiting for another 3 hr flight... And I hate flying. But we had a great trip!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #707
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

To all those who just came back...welcome home. I hope you had a magical vacation.

To all of you getting ready to go. Have a magical vacation!

And finally 5 months to go until our magical vacation.
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #708
ncdisneydad
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=PolyAddict;31418927]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncdisneydad View Post

mmm what is this pirate punch you speak of?

its a red punch they put out at night in the club level not sure what kind of alcohol they put in it 2 or 3 my wife is feeling pretty good
Old 04-19-2009, 07:15 PM   #709
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
To all those who just came back...welcome home. I hope you had a magical vacation.

To all of you getting ready to go. Have a magical vacation!

And finally 5 months to go until our magical vacation.
thank you!

And your turn will be here before you know it. Planning makes the time go by quickly -- I know since I was planning trip for about a year!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-19-2009, 07:48 PM   #710
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
Glad you made it home. I looked for you, but never spotted you. I'm actually jealous or all of you who are comfy at home -- I'm pacing around the Austin airport, waiting for another 3 hr flight... And I hate flying. But we had a great trip!
I hate flying too Safe travels!

Quote:

its a red punch they put out at night in the club level not sure what kind of alcohol they put in it 2 or 3 my wife is feeling pretty good
Old 04-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #711
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

[QUOTE=ncdisneydad;31419969]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post

Does the CR's CL have it, too? Can I put in a special request if they don't?!
Old 04-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #712
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
We did too! We did walk ups at Kona Cafe and O'Hana's and had walk up Marina rentals. Sorry we missed you there! I'm so glad you had a great first trip! I was thinking about you and hoping you had a lot of
Hi Kaffinito, welcome back! Sounds like you had a great trip...I forget...did you end up in Tokelau? What was your favorite thing about the Poly? I'm glad you got walk ups at Kona and 'Ohana...I've been trying to get an 'Ohana breakfast for about a month now and it's booked up my whole vacation...I"m hoping someone decides to sleep in! What was your favorite meal at WDW? I look forward to hearing more about your trip...ours is now 6 short days away, and I'm still not even close to ready. No packing, no planning, zilch. I'm starting to catch DD's cold so it looks like we'll both be recuperating on vacation, but, what a place to be sick, right?

welcome back to kandcmch, mmmears, and anyone else returning home. I know about the disney "bug". We were just at the WL seven months ago. I didn't book the bounceback offer I received because I didn't think I'd be going back to WDW anytime soon, and then I'm on the plane ride home panicking because I DIDNT book the bounceback! I got online, and lived vicariously through everyone else going to my dream resort, the Poly and then I heard about the 4/3 deal and my quest began. No poly available for months and months, and finally, the last day of the promotion, a room finally opened up and voila, here I am half a year later. I'm not even there yet and I'm already planning my next vacation! I had originally booked the AKL and got all the info and was ready to stay there so that will have to be my next resort stay. I feel like I won't rest until I stay at all the resorts I like before "settling" on one!
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
Old 04-19-2009, 08:36 PM   #713
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
April 2009 - brentalex (April 17-26), aroundtheriverbend (April19-26), Tiltowhirl (April19-26th), CAJUNWDWFAN (April 26th to May 3rd), mmouse37 (April 25-28) sm04 (April 18-25) lissiesmum (April 25-May 2) Grace&Carolinesmom (Apr 23-30), tinkerbellie16 (April 24 - May 1), twinglesmfp (Apr 22-29), DisneyDreamer2 (April 27th - May 2nd),
Maukey (April 29th - May 6th), Tiffany_PartyOf7 (April 29-May2)

Here's to hoping some of us meet at our favorite resort. We have so many overlapping days, it's bound to happen.

I will be the chubby white lady (sorry in advance for my EXTREME paleness that may blind those close by) with brown hair accompanied by 2 adorable daughters Grace(10), Caroline(8), and DH (6ft1" with curly light brown hair and a beer belly).

We leave on Thursday. Safe travels to those leaving soon.

I second this...I'd love to catch up with some of you on our trip. I'll try to get some LGMHs before we leave and attach it to something. We'll be mostly between the MK and Epcot, and spending the 28th at the Poly most of the day. Hope to meet up with some of you by the pool or walking around Have a great trip to those of you who get there before me, and if you can, pop online and let us know about the crowd situation!

Last edited by lissiesmum; 04-20-2009 at 06:27 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:59 PM   #714
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
Thanks mmmears! That sounds good to me.

I just checked the UG crowd levels and other than Saturdays in early Dec the numbers look good. But I did notice Pop Warner Football at the same time. Does anyone know what areas they impact the most?
A friend of mine who works for MEI/Mouse Fan Travel told me that Pop Warner week is not a bad week to go if you are staying at a deluxe or some of the moderates. The kids spend most of the day competing. At times there will be groups of them throughout the parks. She said to definitely don't book at a value resort and two of the moderates (cant remember which ones) as that is where the pop warner groups stay and it gets very loud!

I had wondered the samething since we are planning to go pop warner week in Dec. 2010.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:05 PM   #715
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
A friend of mine who works for MEI/Mouse Fan Travel told me that Pop Warner week is not a bad week to go if you are staying at a deluxe or some of the moderates. The kids spend most of the day competing. At times there will be groups of them throughout the parks. She said to definitely don't book at a value resort and two of the moderates (cant remember which ones) as that is where the pop warner groups stay and it gets very loud!

I had wondered the samething since we are planning to go pop warner week in Dec. 2010.
back when I was married, my NSDXH (not so dear ex husband ) and I were looking into going to WDW during Pop Warner week. We got the same info...that they are mostly competing and different groups will be out and about in the parks, but not at the same time. It only affects the resort you choose from what I heard. They stay at all of the values, and also Port Orleans and Carribean Beach. I remember because we wanted to stay at either PO or CBR...if you stay at a deluxe you will be all set for sure!

Last edited by lissiesmum; 04-19-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:11 PM   #716
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Smile

Aloha all,

yes i have been reading up on the hawaiin slang so what i is heading to da house of da mouse in 19 days!!! i noticed people keep posting UG numbers.. what is UG numbers? i posted is anyone going in may with teen monsters and got no response :-(. i think they have a good time anyway, knowing that good people like yall will be there.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #717
tcolling
Mouseketeer

Photopass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiltowhirl View Post
Thanks for the info, I will track them down at BB
Tiltowhirl:
Good luck tracking down as many photopass folks as possible. I hope I didn't miss you as I know that your trip was coming up soon, but these were some of my favorite photopass pics. This includes the water parks and the "magical shots."
Have a great trip.

Disney Magic:

Water Park Fun:

Last edited by tcolling; 04-19-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #718
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Aloha all,

yes i have been reading up on the hawaiin slang so what i is heading to da house of da mouse in 19 days!!! i noticed people keep posting UG numbers.. what is UG numbers? i posted is anyone going in may with teen monsters and got no response :-(. i think they have a good time anyway, knowing that good people like yall will be there.
UG is the Unofficial Guide (I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
back when I was married, my NSDXH (not so dear ex husband) and I were looking into going to WDW during Pop Warner week. We got the same info...that they are mostly competing and different groups will be out and about in the parks, but not at the same time. It only affects the resort you choose from what I heard. They stay at all of the values, and also Port Orleans and Carribean Beach. I remember because we wanted to stay at either PO or CBR...if you stay at a deluxe you will be all set for sure!
Those are the 2 moderates! I couldn't remember.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:22 AM   #719
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Does the CR's CL have it, too? Can I put in a special request if they don't?!
The Ku'ulei Punch was concocted by a CM at the Polynesian. While she is not, as a rule, in the lounge any longer (she works out front now), the lounge crew continue to make her punch. It really is delicious, but unless it has been copied by the other resorts--I believe it is offered only at the Polynesian.

Someone asked about the ingredients for the punch and as I recall it has various types of wine and fruit juice. She gave me the recipe at one time, but it has now escaped my memory--maybe one too many of the drinks!

Last edited by Tess; 04-20-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:03 AM   #720
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

for those of you who have just returned, can you tell me if you needed warmer clothing for nighttime? The 10 day forecast is saying mid 80s during the day, but I'm not sure what to expect at night and early am....

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: