Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #646
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Hi MMMears and thanks fr posting while you are there. Sorry you are leaving.( Can you tell me if they are serving oatmeal for breakfast these days and my DD16 wants to know if they have chocolate croissants in the club lounge also?

thanks
Sadly, they have neither. We had both at AKL. I was surprised by this since so many people say that the Poly has the best food offerings. AKL beat them on this trip. The evening apps at the Poly were great, though.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-18-2009, 05:40 PM   #647
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
Sadly, they have neither. We had both at AKL. I was surprised by this since so many people say that the Poly has the best food offerings. AKL beat them on this trip. The evening apps at the Poly were great, though.

ThanksI have to say the pics i have seen of AKL lounge the food looks awesome. I am just so bummed that we can't do AKL club level with the 5 of us without getting 2 rooms. Well maybe one day when the teens have outgrown our yearly trips..DH, DD8 and i will try it.
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #648
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I caught some kind of Disney bug here -- there is a bounceback code in out room. I'm really wanting to book something. I think I've really scared my poor DH. And my DD & I are spoiled now and I want to stay club level again. Poor guy, I think I might ruin his vacation. (wondering if I should upgrade to APs).

Thanks for listening. No-one else would understand .

I love this - especially since I remember that this was going to be your last WDW trip for quite some time
Old 04-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #649
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
ThanksI have to say the pics i have seen of AKL lounge the food looks awesome. I am just so bummed that we can't do AKL club level with the 5 of us without getting 2 rooms. Well maybe one day when the teens have outgrown our yearly trips..DH, DD8 and i will try it.
I understand. I will say that our room at the Poly is so much bigger than our AKL room. There are just 3 of us, so we fit fine, but I wouldn't ever want to be there with 5! We have one of the "smaller" Poly rooms and it's really big.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #650
RemembertheMagic98
Mouseketeer

CL Upgrade?

ALOHA! DB and I will be at the Poly in Aug ....staying on the CL for the first time! So EXCITED! I was wondering...we booked the Garden View CL (just couldn't spend the $$ for Lagoon view) but were hoping that maybe we would get upgraded to Lagoon (it's our 3rd anniversary)? Has this happened to anyone or am I just inhaling too much pixie dust.
Thanks!
Old 04-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #651
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post

I love this - especially since I remember that this was going to be your last WDW trip for quite some time
I thought you might laugh at this one!

We are supposed to take our DD "abroad" next summer, so the chances that I can do this aren't looking too great right now. But DH is having a good time, so maybe (and if not, maybe a day at DLP?). We are spoiled by the IPO now and so I'm having a tough time finding an ok price. But I've always wanted to bring my DD here for Xmas...

Old 04-18-2009, 07:26 PM   #652
Missus Toad
Amazing! She actually stays awake during the Hall of Presidents!

Apologies if this has been asked, but I can't seem to find the answer: Do they sell Disney Crocs at the Poly? I can't recall seeing them last trip, but then I wasn't looking for them, sooo... Anyway, my son needs a new pair.

Thanks!

Most recent 8/21/13-8/31/13 at GF and Poly.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #653
sneakers
DIS Veteran

I'd like to plan an anniversary trip for DW and myself. At this point I think I'd like to try either the GF, Poly, CR or YC with concierge level rooms.

Can anyone suggest what I should look at for a Poly reservation? This will be for late November-early December.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #654
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missus Toad View Post
Apologies if this has been asked, but I can't seem to find the answer: Do they sell Disney Crocs at the Poly? I can't recall seeing them last trip, but then I wasn't looking for them, sooo... Anyway, my son needs a new pair.

Thanks!

Yes they do. We saw them in March
Old 04-18-2009, 07:32 PM   #655
Missus Toad
Amazing! She actually stays awake during the Hall of Presidents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Yes they do. We saw them in March
Cool! Thank you!

Most recent 8/21/13-8/31/13 at GF and Poly.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #656
Tiltowhirl
Lovin the Magic !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemembertheMagic98 View Post
ALOHA! DB and I will be at the Poly in Aug ....staying on the CL for the first time! So EXCITED! I was wondering...we booked the Garden View CL (just couldn't spend the $$ for Lagoon view) but were hoping that maybe we would get upgraded to Lagoon (it's our 3rd anniversary)? Has this happened to anyone or am I just inhaling too much pixie dust.
Thanks!
Congrats on your upcoming trip & anniversary !

It has been known to happen on occassion. I wouldn't hold my breath, though. But it is possible !
Old 04-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #657
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
I'd like to plan an anniversary trip for DW and myself. At this point I think I'd like to try either the GF, Poly, CR or YC with concierge level rooms.

Can anyone suggest what I should look at for a Poly reservation? This will be for late November-early December.

Thanks in advance.
We stayed CL at the Yacht Club this past October and one other time a few years ago....we loved it. I love the whole nautical decor and feel of the Yacht Club. Have stayed at the Poly several times but never CL. I tried to upgrade to it for weeks now for our stay starting next weekend but with no luck....they are booked solid.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Old 04-18-2009, 08:46 PM   #658
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakers View Post

Thanks in advance.

We have stayed CL at YC, GF, and Poly. They are all very nice. They all have their plusses. We are in a LVCL room at the Poly now, and we have the best view ever. It beats our views at the other 2. Just depends on what matters most to you.

I suggest that you check out the club level thread and the club level lounge photo threads -- it may be helpful in making your decision.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:00 PM   #659
kandcmch
Mouseketeer

Okay everyone!!! We just got back! We ate everywhere like Chef Mickey's to O'hana's without reservations and rode everything and saw every show! I have Wonderful pictures of the resort I have to figure out how to post them. We even went Parasailing at the contemperary resort!!! Our trip was GREAT!

DH
, ME , DD 10

FIRST TRIP TO DISNEY APRIL 2009 POLY
Old 04-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #660
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
I think I caught some kind of Disney bug here -- there is a bounceback code in out room. I'm really wanting to book something. I think I've really scared my poor DH. And my DD & I are spoiled now and I want to stay club level again. Poor guy, I think I might ruin his vacation. (wondering if I should upgrade to APs).

Thanks for listening. No-one else would understand .
How far out does the current bounceback extend? When we go in 3 weeks I'd love to find a bounceback that we could use the first week in December. DH knows I'm wishing for it but don't know if he'll give his OK.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: