Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-17-2009, 10:28 PM   #616
Tiltowhirl
Lovin the Magic !
 
Tiltowhirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm04 View Post
In less than 12 hours I'll be on my way to the Poly!
Everything's packed, kids are sleeping... now maybe if I could stop my brain from going over my list for the 1 millionth time, I could get some sleep myself! This time tomorrow, I'll be on the Poly beach enjoying the view. Hope everyone who's headed out in the next few days has a wonderful time!
Safe travels to you and your family ! We'll be headed down in about a day and a half ! Save me a Lapu Lapu .
__________________

Last edited by Tiltowhirl; 04-18-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Tiltowhirl is offline  
Old 04-17-2009, 10:56 PM   #617
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong
 
PolyAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: WhoDat Nation!
Posts: 2,964

OFFICIAL PAID OFF MY PKG TODAY DANCE

44 DAYS TO GO
__________________
PolyAddict is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-18-2009, 06:00 AM   #618
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Davidson, NC
Posts: 728

Leaving soon! Yippee!

I think we can serve as proof that even the longest time can pass and soon it will be each of your times to return to the Poly! Thought this day would never come!

Hope all of you embarking this week have nice, smooth travel, and we'll see you on the other side!

I'm gonna try to check in via iPhone while we're there, so if anyone has a question about "Poly live" I'll try to answer it. So far I haven't figured out how to make the text bigger than microscopic on the safari application though - just got the phone. But I will try a few times.

Have a good weekend everyone!
aroundtheriverbend is offline  
Old 04-18-2009, 07:13 AM   #619
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,261

Around...

Put your fingers together on the text then move them apart. That will expand the text.

It's benn easy to read on the iPhone, but much more difficult to type. Sometimes I lose my place and can't read what I'm typing. Hope you have a great trip!
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline  
Old 04-18-2009, 07:16 AM   #620
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,261

For water drinkers:

We are at the Poly, leaving tomorrow...

I'm pretty sure we will have some extra bottles (10 or so) of Dasani left over (I had 3 cases shipped to us).

We also have a can of Lysol and a full thing of Clorox wipes.

If you are a DISer at the Poly tonight and want them, just pm me.
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *

Last edited by mmmears; 04-18-2009 at 07:27 AM.
mmmears is offline  
Old 04-18-2009, 09:11 AM   #621
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran
 
lissiesmum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
Single digit dance here too! I FINALLY went shopping for DD10 and myself yesterday as going naked to Disney was the only other alternative and I would definitely want to spare the public from that sight.

I am so freaking out though. My work keeps pileing on and everybody wants to buy/sell NOW. People--where were you last year when I was twidling my thumbs? Just because I am going to Disney they want to stress me out now??? Geez.


It may horror everyone to know I have not even started packing. My suitcases are still in the top of my closet. I can't find my favorite pink flip flops for the pool. I still need batteries for my camera. I have not notified my girls' teachers. The clothes I bought are still in the bags and unwashed.

At least I already submitted and paid for my gardengrocer order. WOW....I am thankful I have the plane, transportation, hotel, adrs and tickets already taken care of from months ago.

Anybody else as far behind????
Good morning friends!

I am also far behind. Suitcase in the closet, not even thinking of packing yet. Bought some snacks and juiceboxes, but that's about it. My DD caught a nasty cold that she's had since Wednesday so I've been taking care of her. She's with her dad for a few hours today so I'm going to attempt to get started...Everyone wish some pixie dust on us that she recuperates in time for our trip. She is so congested and has a horrible, horrible cough. I guess it's better that it's happening now, and not right when we get there, right? WHich brings me to an important question...if I need to bring her somewhere for treatment of some kind, what are the options if you have no car? WIsh me luck that my birthday girl feels better soon!
__________________
February 2014- Animal Kingdom Lodge, Pool view
April 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Savannah view
February 2012 - Dolphin, Tower of Terror view
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
lissiesmum is offline  
Old 04-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #622
taylor3297
DIS Veteran
 
taylor3297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 3,984

To all that are getting ready to head out, I hope you have a blast! Please share as you can.

For those coming home, I hope your trip was everything you had hoped and more. Look forward to hearing all about it. Add pictures please if you can.
__________________
taylor3297 is offline  
Old 04-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #623
BCV23


Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 18,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend View Post
I think we can serve as proof that even the longest time can pass and soon it will be each of your times to return to the Poly! Thought this day would never come!

Hope all of you embarking this week have nice, smooth travel, and we'll see you on the other side!

I'm gonna try to check in via iPhone while we're there, so if anyone has a question about "Poly live" I'll try to answer it. So far I haven't figured out how to make the text bigger than microscopic on the safari application though - just got the phone. But I will try a few times.

Have a good weekend everyone!
You're on your way by now! Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
We are at the Poly, leaving tomorrow...

I'm pretty sure we will have some extra bottles (10 or so) of Dasani left over (I had 3 cases shipped to us).

We also have a can of Lysol and a full thing of Clorox wipes.

If you are a DISer at the Poly tonight and want them, just pm me.
What a nice offer. Safe and easy travels home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
Good morning friends!

I am also far behind. Suitcase in the closet, not even thinking of packing yet. Bought some snacks and juiceboxes, but that's about it. My DD caught a nasty cold that she's had since Wednesday so I've been taking care of her. She's with her dad for a few hours today so I'm going to attempt to get started...Everyone wish some pixie dust on us that she recuperates in time for our trip. She is so congested and has a horrible, horrible cough. I guess it's better that it's happening now, and not right when we get there, right? WHich brings me to an important question...if I need to bring her somewhere for treatment of some kind, what are the options if you have no car? WIsh me luck that my birthday girl feels better soon!
I hope she feels better really soon.

If you need a doctor while at WDW, there's a service that sends one to your room. We've used it twice over the years and been very, very happy. As I recall, you must pay immediately by cc# and then file insurance on your own. But it was so worth it. Both times the doctor came within hours (they give you an appointment time) and was very thorough and friendly. The doctors call in prescriptions to Turner drugs which delivers to the front desk in short order. I really appreciated not having to take a sick child to a doc in a box and expose her to even more illness.

There are also urgent care centers. I think I've read that they will even pick you up.

The front desk will provide you with info on both. You can just pick up your room phone and ask.

I hope she's better very quickly.
__________________
BCV23 is offline  
Old 04-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #624
taylor3297
DIS Veteran
 
taylor3297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 3,984

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
You're on your way by now! Have fun!



What a nice offer. Safe and easy travels home.



I hope she feels better really soon.

If you need a doctor while at WDW, there's a service that sends one to your room. We've used it twice over the years and been very, very happy. As I recall, you must pay immediately by cc# and then file insurance on your own. But it was so worth it. Both times the doctor came within hours (they give you an appointment time) and was very thorough and friendly. The doctors call in prescriptions to Turner drugs which delivers to the front desk in short order. I really appreciated not having to take a sick child to a doc in a box and expose her to even more illness.

There are also urgent care centers. I think I've read that they will even pick you up.

The front desk will provide you with info on both. You can just pick up your room phone and ask.

I hope she's better very quickly.
Thanks for sharing the doctor info. I never knew that it was available.
__________________
taylor3297 is offline  
Old 04-18-2009, 09:31 AM   #625
johnsonet
DIS Veteran
 
johnsonet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SC
Posts: 5,463

sm04 and aroundtheriverbend - HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!

mmmears ~ I'm sorry your trip is coming to its close. It has been so fun following along with your live reports Enjoy your last day and safe travels to you.

lissiesmum - MAJOR pixie dust to you and your DD. I totally agree that it's better to have this happening now, though, a week before you leave. But I'm so sorry she's feeling poorly I've read reports in the past re. how wonderful the Poly CMs have been helping guests who are dealing with illness so I'd try not to worry about that.

PolyAddict ~ CONGRATULATIONS!!
johnsonet is offline  
Old 04-18-2009, 09:36 AM   #626
johnsonet
DIS Veteran
 
johnsonet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SC
Posts: 5,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
If you need a doctor while at WDW, there's a service that sends one to your room. We've used it twice over the years and been very, very happy. As I recall, you must pay immediately by cc# and then file insurance on your own. But it was so worth it. Both times the doctor came within hours (they give you an appointment time) and was very thorough and friendly. The doctors call in prescriptions to Turner drugs which delivers to the front desk in short order. I really appreciated not having to take a sick child to a doc in a box and expose her to even more illness.

There are also urgent care centers. I think I've read that they will even pick you up.

The front desk will provide you with info on both. You can just pick up your room phone and ask.
What awesome info, BCV23

And "doc in a box"... you crack me up!
johnsonet is offline  
Old 04-18-2009, 10:34 AM   #627
SeaSpray


Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"
 
SeaSpray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,627

Good morning everyone!

I hope that everyone who's going soon has a wonderful time!!!!

lissiesmum: I hope that your DD feels better soon! BCV gave you the exact info regarding doctors while at WDW that I would've! I hope that you won't need to see a doctor, but at least you know the options, just in case.

mmears: That's a generous offer! I hope that another DISer is able to take you up on it.

PolyAddict: CONGRATS on paying off the trip! That's always such a great feeling!



I have to say, I feel so happy reading about all of you who are getting ready for your trips, or while you're there, and then when you get back! It's really the next best thing to being there, myself!!!
__________________
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*












































































~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline  
Old 04-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #628
johnsonet
DIS Veteran
 
johnsonet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SC
Posts: 5,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
I have to say, I feel so happy reading about all of you who are getting ready for your trips, or while you're there, and then when you get back! It's really the next best thing to being there, myself!!!
Well said SeaSpray. I totally agree!
johnsonet is offline  
Old 04-18-2009, 10:46 AM   #629
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong
 
PolyAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: WhoDat Nation!
Posts: 2,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
sm04 and aroundtheriverbend - HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!

mmmears ~ I'm sorry your trip is coming to its close. It has been so fun following along with your live reports Enjoy your last day and safe travels to you.

lissiesmum - MAJOR pixie dust to you and your DD. I totally agree that it's better to have this happening now, though, a week before you leave. But I'm so sorry she's feeling poorly I've read reports in the past re. how wonderful the Poly CMs have been helping guests who are dealing with illness so I'd try not to worry about that.

PolyAddict ~ CONGRATULATIONS!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
Good morning everyone!

I hope that everyone who's going soon has a wonderful time!!!!

lissiesmum: I hope that your DD feels better soon! BCV gave you the exact info regarding doctors while at WDW that I would've! I hope that you won't need to see a doctor, but at least you know the options, just in case.

mmears: That's a generous offer! I hope that another DISer is able to take you up on it.

PolyAddict: CONGRATS on paying off the trip! That's always such a great feeling!



I have to say, I feel so happy reading about all of you who are getting ready for your trips, or while you're there, and then when you get back! It's really the next best thing to being there, myself!!!
Thanks

I have to say it feels extra good after cancelling the Poly for our 08 trip due to the fact that there were no deals going on and i couldn't swallow the price tag.We ended up staying at the Swan, which was nice but no Poly.Staying CL for the 2nd time is the icing on the cake.
__________________
PolyAddict is offline  
Old 04-18-2009, 10:46 AM   #630
summersalt
DIS Veteran
 
summersalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Outer Banks, NC
Posts: 1,033

I got my yellow luggage tags today!

Yippee!
__________________


DH DD ME Sandy
summersalt is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When Everyone is going to Disneyland Resort Paris! Miffy2003 Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board 3427 02-01-2012 07:18 PM
The Scrolling Tag Request Thread Strikes Again creativeamanda Community Board 620 03-20-2011 08:19 PM
10/24/2009 Bash on the Boat (I'm with B.O.B.) Thread #21! captchris Disney Cruise Meets 3739 04-20-2009 09:46 PM
Off site resort - Nickhotel - help! Ivette1980 Orlando Hotels and Attractions 27 04-05-2009 04:15 PM
The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *SEPT 2008* SeaSpray Disney Resorts 3726 04-05-2009 08:28 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: