Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 10:00 AM   #211
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
If the parks are '9's, how crowded is the resort? Predictions are mostly 9's for our week but I'm not really stressing. I figure if the crowds are unbearable I'll run back to the Poly for refuge!
Check out the touring plans site at (I hope this is ok to post this link):
http://www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php?PageID=14

They have the unofficial crowd levels, a GREAT crowd blog, definitions of the numbers (what '9' means), and some salve to sooth your soul ("it's the touring plan that counts more than the crowd levels"). So everyone that is leaving during these 9 & 10 crowd levels - who cares!!! You'll be soaking it up at the Poly which can't get 'more' crowded than it's max occupants (well, you know what I mean!) and you have EMH to take advantage of and you are PREPARED with all these great tips from everyone on the disboards!!!

Enjoy! Have fun! Can't wait to see your Aloha! posts before you go...and when you return

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 04-08-2009, 10:00 AM   #212
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
No, there is no access in the lounge.
However, if you do have a broadband (wireless) card, the 3G reception in the lounge is amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
To my fellow Poly DISers going this week: check out on the Theme Park Boards -- there's a thread about how it's so crowded that they had to close the MK today due to capacity! Guess I'll be seeing you all around the pool!
This is *very* common during peak times. I've heard today it will be a Stage 3 shutdown (no day guests). I know during Christmas/New Years it wasn't uncommon for the MK to close to any more people coming in at around 11:30am! I'd suggest getting to the parks as early as you can, staying until around noon then going back later in the evening. The CL lounge is wonderful to use while the parks are packed like sardines.

Quote:
Does anyone know what they serve before 6:30am? Like the grab-n-go things like yogurt or sandwiches?
Usually the refrigerator case has yogurt, milk and other breakfast goodies. Plus the bakery case has items readily-available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm04 View Post
I seriously regretted opening that crowd thread. I had to close it and walk away. It totally stressed me out.
Try not to let it stress you out too much. As someone who has done WDW regularly at peak times (Easter and Christmas), just concentrate on what is most important to you to get done and go from there. Remember, the Poly's location is your friend and island of sanity from the chaos of the parks.

Last edited by MsStinkerBelle; 04-08-2009 at 02:15 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2009, 10:02 AM   #213
MsStinkerBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
k&a&c'smom - you've never been "snarky"!! What I was trying to say was, "I WAS WRONG!"
Turns out I was wrong as well. I could have sworn the valet parking fee had gone up.

What I 'm sure did go up was the hourly rate at the Neverland Club. It was $11.25/hr when I dropped DD off during our December visit.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #214
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

How does this sound for the surprise.

Pulling up to the resort to do valet parking still saying (to the boys) that we have an ADR, and then spring the surprise on them at the Poly lobby?

Then my truck will be in valet, so then we should just wait until the room is ready and then get the truck and luggage back from valet. Does this sound doable or is it too complicated?

Old 04-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #215
KSBelle
DIS Veteran

mmmears-kandcmch-kaffinito-ALOHA!!!
May the Tiki Gods Bless you with Great Weather and Low Crowds!!!
Can't wait for the trip reports!!

Old 04-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #216
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post

Pulling up to the resort to do valet parking still saying (to the boys) that we have an ADR, and then spring the surprise on them at the Poly lobby?

Then my truck will be in valet, so then we should just wait until the room is ready and then get the truck and luggage back from valet. Does this sound doable or is it too complicated?
That sounds awesome! Then they'll really be surprised when you go up to the check-in counter! How fun! I don't know how you've been able to keep your secret for so long, but I think it'll be worth it when you see their faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStinkerBelle View Post
However, if you do have a broadband (wireless) card, the 3G reception in the lounge is amazing!

This is *very* common during peak times. I've heard today it will be a Stage 3 shutdown (no guests). I know during Christmas/New Years it wasn't common for the MK to close to any more people coming in at around 11:30am! I'd suggest getting to the parks as early as you can, staying until around noon then going back later in the evening. The CL lounge is wonderful to use while the parks are packed like sardines.

Usually the refrigerator case has yogurt, milk and other breakfast goodies. Plus the bakery case has items readily-available.
Thanks for the 3G info for the lounge -- I guess I can check my email on my phone that way, but I wont be able to check in here.

We're planning our days just like you've suggested -- morning & evening touring in the parks, the rest of the time at the Poly. Hopefully it will all work out just fine.

Thanks for the info on the yogurt -- if we have that & fruit then we'll be fine.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #217
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:

kaffinito - I would say just self-park. It's been very convenient for me in the past. This way you have your keys and you know where you're parked. I like the idea of telling them once you're in the lobby
Which building have you requested? I can't remember... anyway, if you end up on the TTC side of the GCH (Tokelau, Raratonga, Niue, Hawaii, Samoa, Rapa Nui, Tahiti), returning to your car for your luggage will be easy. Or will you have a ton of luggage and need help from a bellman?
If you're going to need a bellman, and want to surprise the children once you're in the lobby, I would say self-park... walk in and check in and then retn to your car and proceed to valet and let them take it from there...Hope this helps but I'm afraid it won't
Old 04-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #218
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Just want to confirm that one of the the little stores (can't remember their names!) and/or Captain Cook's sells 1/2 gallons (or so, but not individual sized, I mean) of milk?

We're driving down and bringing lots of snacks, bottled water and breakfast items for the room, but I don't want to worry about keeping the milk cold for 1 1/2-2 days while we drive down/wait for the room to be ready. Thanks!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 04-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #219
MsStinkerBelle

Quote:

I think this is great! Makes me wish I was there to experience the surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
Just want to confirm that one of the the little stores (can't remember their names!) and/or Captain Cook's sells 1/2 gallons (or so, but not individual sized, I mean) of milk?
1/2 gallons of milk are available in Samoa Snacks (2nd floor of the GCH) and at Captain Cooks. I took a few photos in Captain Cooks last August, and in one of the shots you can see the refrigerator case that has the milk: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3774 . Hope that helps!

Old 04-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #220
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStinkerBelle View Post

1/2 gallons of milk are available in Samoa Snacks (2nd floor of the GCH) and at Captain Cooks. I took a few photos in Captain Cooks last August, and in one of the shots you can see the refrigerator case that has the milk: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3774 . Hope that helps!

Thank you!!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 04-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #221
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Anyone at Poly now? Is it crowded too?

I was wondering if anyone was at the Poly right now and if so, is it really crowded or is it manageable? With the park reports, I'm wondering how many people are taking advantage of the resorts - especially our favorite Polynesian getaway!!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 04-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #222
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSBelle View Post
Thank you for the kind thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I was wondering if anyone was at the Poly right now and if so, is it really crowded or is it manageable? With the park reports, I'm wondering how many people are taking advantage of the resorts - especially our favorite Polynesian getaway!!
I'll be there next week, and I'll report back if I can. We're used to free internet on our travels, so we may not be hooking up to Disney's $10 internet line.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #223
kandcmch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you!!! So much I hope the crowds will go down some.

DH
, ME , DD 10

FIRST TRIP TO DISNEY APRIL 2009 POLY
Old 04-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #224
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

What to wear to the luau?

Has anyone been or are you going to the luau? If so, what are you dressing your children in? I've seen those grass skirts everywhere and I'd love to dress my girls in them for the luau. What do you all think?

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL

Last edited by dfarner; 04-08-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #225
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Thank you! We 'll need it given the crowd levels! I appreciate the well wishes!

Quote:
That sounds awesome! Then they'll really be surprised when you go up to the check-in counter! How fun! I don't know how you've been able to keep your secret for so long, but I think it'll be worth it when you see their faces.
It's been tough since I'm jumping out of my skin with excitement! I'm looking forward to surprising them and staying at the Poly! See you there soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
kaffinito - I would say just self-park. It's been very convenient for me in the past. This way you have your keys and you know where you're parked. I like the idea of telling them once you're in the lobby
Which building have you requested? I can't remember... anyway, if you end up on the TTC side of the GCH (Tokelau, Raratonga, Niue, Hawaii, Samoa, Rapa Nui, Tahiti), returning to your car for your luggage will be easy. Or will you have a ton of luggage and need help from a bellman?
If you're going to need a bellman, and want to surprise the children once you're in the lobby, I would say self-park... walk in and check in and then retn to your car and proceed to valet and let them take it from there...Hope this helps but I'm afraid it won't
That sounds like a good plan. I was wondering if I should valet or not, but since I never have yet (I'm too cheap ) that might tip them off! So self parking it is. It will be a good surprise for them

I'm going to post every other day or so from the Poly. I have to be online anyway to "talk" to DH, so might as well do a little DIS.

Aloha and thanks to everyone for all of the tips and advice!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: