Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 11:00 AM   #1636
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

It sounds wonderful, Megveg! Have a wonderful time!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #1637
team disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveg View Post
Goooood morning! I'm currently standing at lobby concierge getting our tickets for the Luau tonight! Were hoping it doesn't get rained out. Our room is 3406 in Tuvalu like we requested and let me tell you, the second I opened that door and saw the castle I nearly cried. I was choked up it was the most magical view I ever could have asked for. I didn't bring my laptop so you guys will have to wait a few days to see but I can't even believe how amazing it is. Check in was wuick and easy and we ordered room service breakfast it was so simple and they were right on time. I've been told have a magical day at least 20 times since arrival and its wonderful! The weather is kinda weird, its muggy but not oppressive. Its warm with occasional 5 min showers and overcast but perfect weather for the parks its nice enough for shorts and a tank top but not so hot you don't wanna move

Ill update later tonight after the Luau on our way to Epcot for EMH
Woot! Are you GV or LV?
Your post gave me chills! I can feel your excitement!
Have a great trip!
1st Port Orleans Riverside trip- 8/27-9/4/2010
2nd Poly trip 8/30-9/7/2009
First Poly trip 9/26-10/1/08
POFQ 9/07
All Star Sports 9/06
All Star Music 5/01

Former VMK Player- FancyPirateGirl
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2009, 11:19 AM   #1638
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Our room is 3406 in Tuvalu like we requested and let me tell you, the second I opened that door and saw the castle I nearly cried. I was choked up it was the most magical view I ever could have asked for.
Isn't the Tuvalu longhouse wonderful? I had the same reaction you did when I saw the castle for the first time from my room. So magical.

Enjoy the Luau! Here's hoping the Tiki gods keep away the rain.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #1639
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
Tomorrow my dream comes true! I will be sleeping at the Poly.

I am about to jump right out of my skin with excitement!
Have a wonderful time -- I totally understand why you are so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
We are officially at the one-month-from-today-we-will-be-back-at-the-Poly mark!! I so need a vacation as i sit here today with the flu, and a Disney vacation is the best kind.
Woo-hoo! One month! And you have some time to recover -- I hope you're better soon. At least you can have a "virtual" WDW vacation today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makidoodle View Post
I also leave one month from today I am so excited - this will be our first time staying at the Poly...10 glorious nights, I can't wait!
Sounds wonderful! We stayed at the Poly for the first time for a week in April and it was wonderful. Reading the boards (and this thread in particular) really helped make the time fly.

Quote:
Goooood morning! I'm currently standing at lobby concierge getting our tickets for the Luau tonight! Were hoping it doesn't get rained out. Our room is 3406 in Tuvalu like we requested and let me tell you, the second I opened that door and saw the castle I nearly cried. I was choked up it was the most magical view I ever could have asked for. I didn't bring my laptop so you guys will have to wait a few days to see but I can't even believe how amazing it is. Check in was wuick and easy and we ordered room service breakfast it was so simple and they were right on time. I've been told have a magical day at least 20 times since arrival and its wonderful! The weather is kinda weird, its muggy but not oppressive. Its warm with occasional 5 min showers and overcast but perfect weather for the parks its nice enough for shorts and a tank top but not so hot you don't wanna move

Ill update later tonight after the Luau on our way to Epcot for EMH
Thank you for the quick update! I am so glad that you got a room that you love. That castle view and the lake views are really, really special. Good luck with the weather and the luau -- I hope you have a great time there!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 05-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #1640
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone there now is having a wonderful time
And for those of you leaving soon, have fun with your last-minute planning

Has Tess gotten back yet?

I wish I were there right now!

Old 05-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #1641
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
I wish I were there right now!

Me, too -- me, too!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 05-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #1642
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Hey all my Poly Peeps!

DH and I are having second thoughts about our September trip. First of all, we are paying rack rate (club level) and getting free dining which while it is a bonus, it really is not such a great deal.

We just went in December and our life prior to that trip and upon return has been rather hectic and manic. While we love going to Disney, I am just not feeling it for September. I really just want to "get away" for a bit at this point. I had major surgery in February and I am still adjusting to things. I feel like in September we will just be getting back into school and all that goes with that...

We are considering either rebooking in late January for DD's birthday or early March before the spring break crowds. Any advice would be great. It is not a money issue, but dare I say it...just not ready to head back to the World. More of me just wants to go to the Poly Do I sound nuts?
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 05-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #1643
NJBILL
Always Keep An Eye To The Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
Hey all my Poly Peeps!

DH and I are having second thoughts about our September trip. First of all, we are paying rack rate (club level) and getting free dining which while it is a bonus, it really is not such a great deal.

We just went in December and our life prior to that trip and upon return has been rather hectic and manic. While we love going to Disney, I am just not feeling it for September. I really just want to "get away" for a bit at this point. I had major surgery in February and I am still adjusting to things. I feel like in September we will just be getting back into school and all that goes with that...

We are considering either rebooking in late January for DD's birthday or early March before the spring break crowds. Any advice would be great. It is not a money issue, but dare I say it...just not ready to head back to the World. More of me just wants to go to the Poly Do I sound nuts?
While free dining is not as good as say the 4/3 deal, ask yourself if it were costing you less (a better deal) would you feel the same way? My impression is that you want to go back... but you feel you are overpaying..which no one likes no matter youf financial situation. Perhaps you could compromise and stay at the poly at non-club level with free dining (much better value), and come back again next year for another trip.
Norwegian Dawn-2005
4 Night Land/ 4 Night Land/Sea Package - Aug 2006 AKL Concierge-Disney Wonder / Deluxe Family Stateroom
Aug 17, 2007 Explorer Of The Seas- 9 Night-Bermunda, St.Thomas, St.Maarten, Puerto Rico.
Aug 11, 2008 Norwegian Sky- Bahamas-Nassau, Grand Bahama Island
Polynesian Garden View Club .....July 21-July 28 ,2009
Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean 2010
Disney Dream- CR Club Level- Land/Sea August 25, 2012
Old 05-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #1644
Pugsly
Mouseketeer

Anyone care to join me in a SDD?????

I can't believe our Poly Dreams will be coming true soon!

14 trips and counting ...
1978-offsite 1998-POFQ 2000-ASMo 2001-ASMo, CSR 2003-ASMo 2003-Hotel Santa Fe (DLP) 2004-ASMo, WL 2008-Pop 2009-Poly 2011-Hilton Grand Vacation Club 2012-Carribbean Beach 2012-Disney Magic Western Carribbean 2013-Grand Californian 2014-AoA
Old 05-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #1645
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

I have not had time to catch up reading this thread since our stay at the Polynesian May 12 – 19 but thought I would give a report on our trip. Magical Express worked well both directions for us. We were greeted with leis as we walked in and there was no line at registration. Our luggage arrived in our room in less than 2 hours (DH & DGD's were at pool and I was at Concierge.) We received our requested longhouse (Tokelau) and location (north end second floor). We could walk a few rooms to the north end of Tokelau and go up the outside stairs to the landing on the third floor for a perfect view of Wishes. The room was clean and there were four more silk flower leis on each bed forming the shape of a Mickey Mouse head. We never had any towel animals though Mousekeeping could tell from the contents in the room that children were staying there. Reception Desk personnel were extremely pleasant but had wrong information (they had us on the QSP instead of the DDP) –thank goodness I had all the printed reservation materials that were needed to get that straightened out but it took almost 30 minutes. It would have been a rude shock if I had not discovered the mistake prior to our first table service meal that night in Kona Café (very yummy.) Our granddaughters had fun in the volcano pool on arrival day and two other times. Single chairs were available for either my husband or I to sit and keep an eye on the girls. The Dole Whip machine in Captain Cook’s was working on the 12th and we all used a snack credit. I had the twist, the other 3 plain vanilla. The machine was out of order the other times we were in CC but none of us missed it. My favorite snack was the shaved ice at Kaki Gori in Japan at EP. Favorite attractions for all four of us were “Soarin”, “Kilimanjaro Safari” & “Splash Mountain.” The 10-year-old also loved “Dinosaur” and “Rock ‘n Roller Coaster” which we let her do as a single rider. I had to take the terrified 7-year old out of “Honey I Shrunk the Audience” in EP. She would not put on 3-D glasses for any other 3-D show or attraction but we took her with us to Philharmagic, and Muppet Vision. 10-year old measured OK at 54” to drive alone at the first marker at Speedway but CM loading cars said she was too short. That measuring device was almost 1” higher. So I got in the car with her but she did everything herself. My favorite meal was dinner at Boma in AKL. The girls loved 3 character meals: Crystal Palace lunch with Pooh, Tigger, Eyeore & Piglet, Norway Princess lunch with Belle, Cinderella, Ariel, Sleeping Beauty & Snow White and ‘Ohana with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey & Pluto. Fast pass worked well, saved so much time. We had no problem keeping our place between Mexico and Norway for Illuminations or under Tinkerbell’s wire for Wishes but encountered some really rude and pushy people on Main Street neat the cinema who tried to take our space for Spectromagic. We had parked ourselves almost 90 minutes in advance but took turns sitting at the curb with enough space to allow for the 4 of us. While my husband went to the restroom I made the mistake of standing up and moving about 2 feet to take a picture. A couple zoomed into the space. I explained that we had been there since 7:30 and I had only moved about 2 steps to take a picture. Fortunately, the woman was not as pushy as the man and she convinced him to let me have my spot back. Other people had crowded in on the other side and so my husband had to stand behind us. Spectromagic was great and the girls loved it. It had been raining off and on all day but there were no thunderstorms. That was the day the drought was broken. It was pouring rain the day we traveled home. I feel bad for the people who arrived on the 18th since it has seemed to rain every day since then.

I’ll try to answer any questions you have.

Last edited by Kathy Z; 05-22-2009 at 04:10 PM. Reason: corrected when luggage arrived from Magical Express
Old 05-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #1646
notaclue
DIS Veteran

Was the 3rd floor landing at Tokelau still a designated smoking area?
Old 05-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #1647
Disney_Evatts
Earning My Ears

Cribs at Poly

We're headed to the Polynesian on June 4 for seven nights. I finally talked my DW into trying the Poly...we've stayed at the GF in the past. Also, new for this trip is our 8-month old DS (his first trip). I called the Poly and they said they have plenty cribs/pack-n-plays - just request at check-in. What about sheets for the crib? I assume the resort will provide the sheets for it...Also, do they refresh/change the sheets daily?

Also, I have to attend a business conference at the Dolphin for two mornings during our stay. Is there a direct bus from the Poly and/or TTC to the Dolphin?
Old 05-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #1648
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

KathyZ, thanks for your report. It sounds like a wonderful trip overall.

I don't think towel animals are as common at the deluxe hotels. The type of welcome arrangement your received seems more typical these days.

Have fun megveg and summersalt. Almost there, pugsly!

Good luck with your decision, Breezysmom.

johnsonet, I think Tess was going for about two weeks...lucky her!
Old 05-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #1649
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

notaclue - there was no sign that it is a smoking area. None of the children or their parents enjoying the fireworks with us were smoking. We watched from there 3 nights. There were from 8 to maybe 14 or 16 people. Plenty of room for the children to be in front. I also stood in front the night I could do so without blocking any children.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #1650
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Tess and family arrived on the 12th also. I found them at the quiet pool that afternoon and introduced myself. I saw them around about 3 other times after that.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: