Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
lovedisney99
Earning My Ears

How is the Sheraton Safari?

I have the Sheraton Safari booked for 5 nights in late April through my Starwood account. I've read a variety of reviews from one extreme to the other on this hotel. All I care about is safety, cleanliness and a room that doesn't smell like mildew.

Any reviews?
lovedisney99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
FayeW
DIS Veteran

My family loves the Sheraton Safari. We have stayed there twice, for two nights each time. We joined Sheraton Preferred Guests (free) and then you stay on the Preferred Guest floors. Last time we were in the main building with a balcony overlooking the pool. It is great! Beds are very comfortable, lots of extra pillows.

We always have the breakfast buffet. It is reasonably priced (less than $10. when we were there last in 2006) and kids eat free. Food is very fresh and plentiful.
FayeW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
Disney Ella
DIS Veteran

We liked it. The beds were among the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. We ate at the restaurant every morning and thought it was very good. The kids really liked the slide. It was very close to Downtown Disney and easy to get to the parks. The day we went to Typhoon Lagoon, we left Sheraton Safari 10 minutes before TL opened and still had to wait 5 minutes for the park to open.
Disney Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #4
ZiPaD3doDAH
DIS Veteran

It's a great hotel and right where all the action is. Loads of resturants and shops around and is a quick 10 minute drive to Downtown Disney.

<--Pls click these-->
ZiPaD3doDAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
lovedisney99
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FayeW View Post
My family loves the Sheraton Safari. We have stayed there twice, for two nights each time. We joined Sheraton Preferred Guests (free) and then you stay on the Preferred Guest floors. Last time we were in the main building with a balcony overlooking the pool. It is great! Beds are very comfortable, lots of extra pillows.

We always have the breakfast buffet. It is reasonably priced (less than $10. when we were there last in 2006) and kids eat free. Food is very fresh and plentiful.
I'm a Starwood gold member. Is this different than the Preferred Guest? I stay in Sheratons 3-4 times a year and they seem to always put me in the worst rooms instead of preferred rooms. Where do I sign up for Preferred Guests?

Thanks for everyone' tips!
lovedisney99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:09 AM   #6
jpeppers
DIS Veteran

I stayed there a few years ago and was a little disappointed but stayed again a month ago and thought it was great. The rooms were excellent and the service was great. The only problem I had was that the slide empties into 5 feet of water but I just stayed at the bottom and caught my daughter when she came down. They had a very good happy hour every night with 2 for 1 Beers and excellent prices on appetizers. I loved the 3 nights I stayed there and would definitely do so again. We never did the breakfast but they had someone come in every morning with Krispy Kreme doughnuts which as great. Our other hotel on the trip was the Boardwalk Inn which is incredible but my 7 year old was just as happy here.
jpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:33 PM   #7
allknowingeye
Earning My Ears

I'd rather stay at the Shearon Four Points up by Universal - well run hotel.
allknowingeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #8
rebecca06261
DIS Pirate Wench

Location: Living in Fantasy Land on most days but sleeping in Spring Hill, FL

I've stayed there 3 times and my stays have been disappointed only once. In each of the rooms the beds were comfy, the rooms clean as well as spacious. However, in one of the rooms, they had a moisture control problem resulting in that familiar "Florida-mildew-stench," and a visible mold problem in the bathroom.
rebecca06261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #9
blondietink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedisney99 View Post
I'm a Starwood gold member. Is this different than the Preferred Guest? I stay in Sheratons 3-4 times a year and they seem to always put me in the worst rooms instead of preferred rooms. Where do I sign up for Preferred Guests?

Thanks for everyone' tips!
We have the same problem. We are Starwood gold members and we never get the room we booked. Always have to make do with whatever is left over, it seems. The more Sheratons we stay at, the more disappointed we seem to be.