Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
tink2020
Suddenly Tagless!

The One with the Mommy Meltdown

Previously, "The One that Has Yet to be Titled"

I hesitate to write this out. We've been planning this trip for longer than I can remember, and this week - no, the entire last month - has been one of those in which my thoughts have often turned back to the possibility that it might not happen. My daughters have been extremely ill (mostly, but unfortunately not entirely, pneumonia ) and nothing seems to be going right on top of that. Alas, at the moment, I am determined that we're going to be on our way in just a few short days!

Now, I suppose, some backstory might help!

DH and I honeymooned in the World (among other places). He did it because he loved me (still does, I'm told!), I did it because I had long been obsessed with all things Disney. Do you know anyone like that?

Since then, I am happy to say that he was an easy convert! He appreciates the Disney Details as much or more than I do, and loves the food, resorts, food, atmosphere, food, etc. From the time we got married in 2004 until last year, we had become DVC members and visited The Mouse several times, culminating with 4 trips in 2007 alone. Yes, that was a good year.

In 2008, we didn't make it down at all. We had other things going on, such as a high-risk twin pregnancy that included 34 weeks of incessant vomiting and every other complication imaginable (except the expected ones relating to blood pressure, etc), 9.5 weeks of bedrest... you know, all that fun pregnancy stuff. Surely you know I jest. We had traveled a trying road of infertility before being blessed with said pregnancy, but I'm honest enough to admit I hated just about every minute of it up until the birth of my beautiful girls.

That's another story altogether though, and this one will hopefully have fewer complaints. I'm not naive enough to think the trip will be perfect, but I think that - after 15-18 months since our last visit (myself in Dec '07 and DH in Sep '07) and on the first trip with our lovely baby girls - it will certainly be one full of good memories!

I'm looking forward to sharing our trip with you, but I'm going to tell you up front that this won't be a live report in any fashion. We might take a laptop for photography purposes and will have phones where we can be reached if necessary, but one of the biggest things that draws me back to WDW or DCL repeatedly is the ability to "let go" of my real life. I need that right now, to let go of everything but my DH and DDs. I'll give you more than enough details and pictures when I come back, but that will have to do No facebooking, no DISing, no email checking from this girl!

Until then, feel free to take a look at my previous reports if you're looking for a way to fill the time. I used to be good at taking notes and then just decent at writing reports, but at least they happened. They don't exist at all for our first several and last 2 trips, and I feel like those memories have faded more quickly. So lucky you, you get the option of coming along for the ride on this journey, in The One that has Yet to be Titled Because I Can't Predict What Title Might Be Appropriate Until I Have Seen How the Trip Unfolds and Have Created Wonderful Memories With Our Newly-Expanded Family.

Happy reading!

Get to Know Us... (previous reports)

The One Before Graduation

The One with the Nationwide Commercial

The One Without a Trip Report

The One with the Empty Stretch Limo

Wow... time away from the DIS is evident when your kids have aged more than a year from your previous signature. Updates to come.

Last edited by tink2020; 03-16-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #2
tink2020
Suddenly Tagless!

And now the summary o' details

Traveling Party: Me, DH, DD Elise, DD Avery (both 8 months)

March 5th-12th, 2009
Boardwalk Villas, Boardwalk View

Disney Dining Plan? Not sure, but well aware that the decision should be made, oh, tomorrow! Lots of ADRs planned though, at places we've never tried!

Royal Family 5K Race on Saturday (part of the Inaugural Princess 1/2 Marathon Weekend). It crossed my mind to do another 1/2, but - as you know if you've read up on us - the thought passed extremely quickly. I'm actually not at ALL sure why we signed up for this one, as I still hate running (and therefore haven't done it in months )

I think that about sums it up. We drive to the Dayton airport at about 5am on Thursday......

Wow... time away from the DIS is evident when your kids have aged more than a year from your previous signature. Updates to come.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #3
KMH1
Shares well with others and doesn't run with scissors!
Known to post a little nonsense

Was this on the to-do list today?

I hope you, Kyle, Elise, and Avery have a wonderful trip!
Old 03-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
Blueeyes101817
Diehard Cowboys fan!
Tag trading will not be as profitable as pin trading
Being watched

Im so excited about this trip, you would think im going! I cannot wait to hear all about it and see a ton of pictures of the girls! I just wish I was going to be tehre at the same time to meet you!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #5
tink2020
Suddenly Tagless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH1 View Post
Was this on the to-do list today?

I hope you, Kyle, Elise, and Avery have a wonderful trip!
Nope!

Hi Jen!

Old 03-03-2009, 04:36 PM   #6
PrincessLeighsDaddy
DIS Veteran

Have a great time!
Old 03-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Have a magical trip!!!!

Can't wait to see your photos!
Old 03-03-2009, 05:36 PM   #8
MinnieMouseMom
BL II - Red Team
WISH Biggest Loser
Knows resistance is futile

Have a wonderful time!!

Disneyland-'79, '85, '97, '99, '00, '02, '05, '08-offsite
Disneyland-'03-Grand Californian
Disneyland Hotel-'10
WDW-Honeymoon '93-Swan
All-Star Movies-'05
Polynesian-Honeymoon Suite-'05
CBR-'09
POR-'12

Old 03-04-2009, 07:59 AM   #9
arizonacolbys
Owner of 2 Crazy Labs!

Your DD's are beautiful! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! We're taking our baby girl down for her first trip later this year & we can't wait!! Have a wonderful trip!! Forgot to add - we're also staying in a BWV, so I can't wait to hear how you like it with the little ones.
All Star Movies: Jan 2000 & Sept 2001 ~Poly & WL: Dec 2002, Contemp: March 2003 ~ POP - Sept 2004 (w/Jeanne!!), Jan 2005, May 2005 & Sept 2006! ~ BWV - Oct 2006, POP & CBR: Jan 2007 ~ WL: Aug/Sept 2007 ~ Poly & SSR: August 2009 - Maddie's 1st trip! ~ POR: Jan 2010 - girls only while hubby served in Iraq ~ SSR: Dec 2010 - Evelyn's 1st trip! ~ POP - May 2011 ~ AKLV - Sept 2012 ~ OKW: Dec 2013 ~ Upcoming trip - Dec 2014!!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:53 AM   #10
tink2020
Suddenly Tagless!

Thank you so much! : Don't worry, I'll provide more details than you care about I'm sure! Your DD is a cutie!

Old 03-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #11
tink2020
Suddenly Tagless!

Can I just share that I think I prefer procrastinating?!

Ordinarily, I would have been working up until this evening (the day before a trip). Then, I would come home and panic even though I thought I was "close" to being packed, because the truth would be that I'm not really that close at all. I would spend the entire evening running around like a maniac, yelling at my DH, etc until crashing in bed just a few short hours before the alarm goes off.

This is familiar to me!

Instead, I've been going crazy all day, but with nothing to do! As a result of peer pressure from a fellow DISer (who shall remain nameless until someone outs her or she outs herself ), I had everything packed days ago -- even with the rampant illness to which I alluded.

I am beyond OCD by nature, trust me on this one, so my color coded lists and spreadsheets have been updated and/or pared down to nothing over the 15+ months we've been waiting for this trip. I literally have NOTHING to do today.

I printed out all sorts of regulations from the TSA site and packaged them perfectly with the items in question (liquid medication >3 ounces, baby food and formula, etc). I know that I am guaranteeing that nobody even questions our agenda this way, but if I didn't have them packed we would meet idiot after idiot in airport security. We always do....

I've changed the ribbons and other decorations on our luggage (which we have on to easily identify our pieces in baggage claim). Don't worry, they're still just subtle zipper pulls, etc.

My DH and I have played with the girls, watched movies, caught up on some things around the house.... I'm going nuts here! :-P I think I'm going to go ahead and take the dog over to my sister a bit early, just because I'm going stir-crazy.

And to think, just a week ago I was trying not to let myself get too excited about a trip that may or may not happen.... I guess that's what I get allowing the energy to be built up

Old 03-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #12
bear74
DIS Veteran

hi can't wait for pics
Old 03-04-2009, 06:56 PM   #13
DWFan4Life
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say have a great time, have fun and enjoy in your trip. Looking forward in hearing more from you after you came back.

Have a wonderful and magical trip.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #14
Blueeyes101817
Diehard Cowboys fan!
Tag trading will not be as profitable as pin trading
Being watched

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2020 View Post

Instead, I've been going crazy all day, but with nothing to do! As a result of peer pressure from a fellow DISer (who shall remain nameless until someone outs her or she outs herself ),
i have an idea on this one

Have a graet time--and i cant wait for a ton of pictures!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #15
patches07
DIS Veteran

Your DD's are beautiful! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! Have a great time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: