Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Online Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Please tell me about D-Gamer?

DD13 has apparently beein doing this for several weeks without permission--we closely monitor her internet use. She says this is on her Nintendo DS? I guess someone on there is making her uncomfortable and decided to "confess" that she has been doing this behind our backs. I have no idea what this is!

Please tell me what you know, if I should be concerned, and if there is a way to "block" it?? I don't know anything about the DS, but thought it was "safe" for her to use. I had no idea it could get internet?? Is that what it is doing???

HELP!

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
BobRichmond
May the Mind family (picturebelow) and food clones RIP on VMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post
...She says this is on her Nintendo DS?...Please tell me what you know, if I should be concerned, and if there is a way to "block" it?? I don't know anything about the DS...had no idea it could get internet?? Is that what it is doing???...
First of all I have to say I only have this knowledge from what I have just read.

D-Gamer is an Internet Disney social site that can be accessed on a computer or from game systems running certain Disney games. From the wikipedia write up on it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DGamer) I would think that it is not a site that any child should be at unsupervised.

Since the DS does have wifi built in that is most likely the way she is accessing it. I did not find any way to turn it off using a quick Google search. If you still have the DS (or gamel) manual you may find a way to turn it off in it. If she is accessing it using your wireless access point you could always enable security on it or change the passwrd and not let her know. If she is using someone elses wifi then you are pretty much out of luck.
Outofmymind on FreeRealms beta
bobrichmond on Metaplace beta

RIP OutOfMyMind on Virtual Magic Kingdom
BobRichmond is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Thanks. I am still not sure what this is, but I did find out she accessed it by giving her email account instead of mine for the parent email so she is pretty much DOA! I have had her Disney account completely canceled and DH was able to do something to our internet so she can't get to it with the Nintendo. I honestly had no idea that was even an option! I guess he set it up for her but thought it was just for games, not chatting. Needless to say she managed to get herself into a very uncomfortable situation so came to us.

So I guess at this point then it doesn't matter to me what it is anymore! If she hadn't broken our trust I might have let her keep the access but without Chat options (if that was possible).

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #4
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Awww, lovetoscrap. Sorry this all happened to you. I know your daughter went behind your backs and everything, but kudos to her for recognizing an "uncomfortable" situation and approaching you about it!

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 A Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife,#16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 A Daughter's Dream

Currently reading: #25 The Leisure Seeker

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:48 PM   #5
WestCOT
Mouseketeer

I tried Dgamer in the summer of 2008 with the Prince Caspian game; there's not anything to be worried about. It's pretty much impossible to contact other players: the most the site does is post your rankings from the game you're playing up onto the internet. if you do certain things in a game you might get special clothes for your little dgamer avatar person.
nobody's going to get her personal information or anything from this, mainly because there's no personal information involved. it's really nothing to worry about. i personally found it boring and pointless.... i don't know, it might be fun if she has friends from real life that she can contact with it if they exchange friend codes... but that's the only way to contact people.

really nothing to worry about. hope this helps you
WestCOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
empiretink33
laugh when you can love when you should and never make any regrets... die to yourself to bring others up XD

hi

im sry this happened to you thats horrible but im glad ur daughter told you about it
i have used dgamer before but i never seemed to have a problem with it i never imagined something disney could be misused like that im sorry
empiretink33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:32 AM   #7
thomasstuart
Earning My Ears

Hello,

I don't know about D Gamer but i can sure tell you about wifi. Wi-Fi is a feature some consoles use to connect to the internet and play against other people from around the world. but to set up wifi you will need a wireless router/modem or a computer with internet access. Check nintendo.com for more info on how to connect with wifi.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: