Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #631
dharmster
I'm a decent cook, but I can make a MEAN reservation!

BRAVO!!!! It was a joy to read your trip report. You had me at Don McLean. I'm such a sucker for a surprise happy ending (who on a place like DISboards isn't?!) and you didn't disappoint. Thank you for taking the time to entertain us so well! Enjoy your 5 month break before writing your next report! ... Unless, of course, you'd like to get started on that Pre-Trip Report. You might need to...you should pretty much just admit that you need us in all of our admiring and encouraging ways, and it would be too hard on you to stop writing here completely. Give the people what they want!
Feb 2013 - Paradise Pier | July 2012 - Yacht Club | Nov 2011 - Grand Californian | May 2010 - Dolphin | Nov 2009 - CBR | Jun 2008 - Disneyland Hotel | Feb 2007 - Wilderness Lodge | June 2006 - FW/POFQ | Nov 2003 - ASM | Feb 2002 - DL Daytrip | Aug 2000 - Polynesian | May 1999 - Offsite | Sept 1997 - Offsite | July 1996 - CBR | June 1993 - Fort Wilderness | Apr 1988 - Fort Wilderness
Old 08-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #632
Peter Panic Attack
sudden, discrete periods of intense anxiety coupled with a refusal to grow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineMail View Post
An outstanding wrapup to a wonderful TR! Thanks so very much PPA!
Thanks MineMail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmster View Post

BRAVO!!!! It was a joy to read your trip report. You had me at Don McLean. I'm such a sucker for a surprise happy ending (who on a place like DISboards isn't?!) and you didn't disappoint. Thank you for taking the time to entertain us so well! Enjoy your 5 month break before writing your next report! ... Unless, of course, you'd like to get started on that Pre-Trip Report. You might need to...you should pretty much just admit that you need us in all of our admiring and encouraging ways, and it would be too hard on you to stop writing here completely. Give the people what they want!
You may be right.....I might be addicted to the attention.....I wonder if there is such a thing as Disboard rehab.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL

Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died - In memoriam: Pal Mickey
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #633
wannago2disney
Mouseketeer

Ok, I admit it....I've stayed away....couldn't quite handle the thought of it all comming to an end But, well, I just couldn't stay away forever . And I am soooooo glad I didn't! What a great ending ... in true Disney "happily ever after" fashion

I hope you decide to do a PTR and a TR for your next vacation. Like any great story you want to know that things go well; even after the Epilogue!

Will the tempermental itinerary be succeeded by one of even more tyranical attitude? Will the mysterious DeVine continue to elude the ever seeking Peter Panic Attack....how many more bird encounters can one girl take?

These are all things that will bring us back for a Panic Attack sequel

Offsite 1992 ASMusic 2004 Pop Jan 2008Pop Jan 2010
Pop Jan 2012
Old 08-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #634
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannago2disney View Post
Ok, I admit it....I've stayed away....couldn't quite handle the thought of it all comming to an end But, well, I just couldn't stay away forever . And I am soooooo glad I didn't! What a great ending ... in true Disney "happily ever after" fashion

I hope you decide to do a PTR and a TR for your next vacation. Like any great story you want to know that things go well; even after the Epilogue!

Will the tempermental itinerary be succeeded by one of even more tyranical attitude? Will the mysterious DeVine continue to elude the ever seeking Peter Panic Attack....how many more bird encounters can one girl take?

These are all things that will bring us back for a Panic Attack sequel
I had no idea there was so much suspense in my life. I'm getting nervous just thinking about it.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL

Old 08-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #635
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Congrats on completing this awesome TR!

Better keep Pal Mickey on a leash in Dec. I'm thinking there's a gang of PM swiping bandits roaming the World to snatch up any wandering PMs and sell them on eBay.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #636
wdwlovin'family
Mouseketeer

AWww- How awesome that this trip report ended with such Disney magic! Even though you gave hints here and there, I would have never guessed that you would have been reunited with Pal Mickey in the end. But then, I was also one of those who didn't realize Bruce Willis was dead in the Sixth Sense either. Anyway, it was a pleasure reading your TR. Thank you for sharing your family and your gift of writing with us here on the DIS. Oh, and thank you for ending this TR too -- I'm sure you realized that there would have been mass rioting if you hadn't -- but still, thank for not leaving us hanging.
I'm looking forward to hearing of your next trip -- only 3.5 more months!
Old 08-15-2009, 11:58 AM   #637
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot241 View Post
Congrats on completing this awesome TR!

Better keep Pal Mickey on a leash in Dec. I'm thinking there's a gang of PM swiping bandits roaming the World to snatch up any wandering PMs and sell them on eBay.
Thanks. We haven't worked out all of the details for Pal Mickey's security measures on our next trip......but it will involve roof-top surveillance......and possibly a body double.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwlovin'family View Post
AWww- How awesome that this trip report ended with such Disney magic! Even though you gave hints here and there, I would have never guessed that you would have been reunited with Pal Mickey in the end. But then, I was also one of those who didn't realize Bruce Willis was dead in the Sixth Sense either. Anyway, it was a pleasure reading your TR. Thank you for sharing your family and your gift of writing with us here on the DIS. Oh, and thank you for ending this TR too -- I'm sure you realized that there would have been mass rioting if you hadn't -- but still, thank for not leaving us hanging.
I'm looking forward to hearing of your next trip -- only 3.5 more months!
Thanks a lot.....but I think you are mistaken about Bruce Willis in the Sixth Sense.....I saw him in the restaurant arguing with his wife with my own two eyes.

Time sure flies when you're having fun.....just a couple more weeks and we will make our adr's. After that....it'll be smooth sailing.

Old 08-16-2009, 03:50 PM   #638
akayek31
DIS Veteran

I am so glad to read that you got him back. When are the days you guys are going for Christmas? We are going Dec 17-27. I have heard I am crazy for going at Christmas but I want to see all the decorations. I have really enjoyed reading this TR. Hope to see a PTR for your next trip.

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

Old 08-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #639
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Panic Attack View Post
I bet you did get an earful.....it must have been awful to be left home alone. Maybe your Pal Mickey can ask Macaulay Culkin for some advice on the best way to recover.
Now think about this PPA. Do you really want that kind of role model for poor Pal Mickey after all he's already been through?

Way to go!
What a fabulous Disney ending! BTW, the little blue smiley is crying tears of joy (I couldn't find any other crying smileys, )
Old 08-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #640
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayek31 View Post
I am so glad to read that you got him back. When are the days you guys are going for Christmas? We are going Dec 17-27. I have heard I am crazy for going at Christmas but I want to see all the decorations. I have really enjoyed reading this TR. Hope to see a PTR for your next trip.
Thanks. We arrive November 29th and are staying for eight days. I have heard that Christmas week is busy.....but I guess the good news is that get to spend Christmas at WDW....which should be pretty cool.

The jury is still out on a PTR.....never done one before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Now think about this PPA. Do you really want that kind of role model for poor Pal Mickey after all he's already been through?

Way to go!
What a fabulous Disney ending! BTW, the little blue smiley is crying tears of joy (I couldn't find any other crying smileys, )
Thanks....and thanks for all your comments throughout the TR. You're probably right about Macaulay....you've got to be careful with those child actors. That's why we won't let Pal Mickey pursue his acting career.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:40 PM   #641
TK Brown
Disney Jedi Master

So Pal Mickey is back?!?!? What a twist of events!!! Its like the last show of Newhart....when Bob Newhart wakes up in bed with his first wife from Bob Newhart and only dreamed about the second wife in Bob Newhart!

Simply amazing!
Old 08-17-2009, 01:42 PM   #642
DisneyMomLiz
Mouseketeer

PPA I am so happy to hear of Pal Mickey's triumphant return to the family. Maybe one day he will remember his ordeal and share it with you

Thanks for this most enjoyable TR, as I have said before your writing style is great

Off to enjoy my lunch hour with my fellow Disney addicts in our petri dish (aka Disboards)!
Old 08-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #643
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK Brown View Post
So Pal Mickey is back?!?!? What a twist of events!!! Its like the last show of Newhart....when Bob Newhart wakes up in bed with his first wife from Bob Newhart and only dreamed about the second wife in Bob Newhart!

Simply amazing!
I know.....it was a shocker to us too. It does seem a little like the Newhart show.....except Pal Mickey's never been married......as far as we know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomLiz View Post
PPA I am so happy to hear of Pal Mickey's triumphant return to the family. Maybe one day he will remember his ordeal and share it with you

Thanks for this most enjoyable TR, as I have said before your writing style is great

Off to enjoy my lunch hour with my fellow Disney addicts in our petri dish (aka Disboards)!
Thanks. It's true about all the Disboard addicts though....don't you think? Thank goodness I've maintained a healthy perspective.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:29 PM   #644
Wish_I_Was_At_WDW
Mouseketeer

Peter, so sad to see this come to an end but glad for the joyful family reunion with Pal Mickey! I've read a lot of trip reports and this is definitely one of the best! Thank you for updating so regularly too because I hate waiting weeks between updates. Patience has never been one of my virtues!

I'm jumping in on the consider writing a pre-trip report bandwagon! Just think, you could share with us how Mickey celebrates Halloween and Thanksgiving and his advice on what ADR's to make!

Thanks for making me laugh! Even your responses to your fans had me ! You're the best!
Old 08-18-2009, 07:40 AM   #645
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlenzendorf View Post
Me and about 625 million or so other people who will be at all the parks it will seem this coming week. By the way, I never exaggerate
Hope you have a wonderful trip!!!

Woo hoo to having a santa Mickey!!!! My grandson has a naked Mickey that we can't keep any clothes on! I have told him that during our trip to wdw next month he can't go if he refuses to wear his little red shorts! If he learns to behave, I'll post a picture of him on EE for you! Who knows, it could be the basis of your picture!!

Thanks again for a fantastic read!

Thanks eandesmom!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: