Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #601
Peter Panic Attack
sudden, discrete periods of intense anxiety coupled with a refusal to grow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
What a great ending to a great report. Peter Pan sitting in that window was cool. I will have to keep an eye out for stuff like that when we are back at WDW. Thanks for sharing your happiness and sadness. I love the part about Pal Mickey getting his wings.
Thanks. The Peter Pan/Wendy thing was really cool. Nobody else noticed them the whole time we were there. Plus, the park was busy.....so it was all very bizarre.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died - In memoriam: Pal Mickey
Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died II - Saving Mr. Panic Attack
Old 08-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #602
TK Brown
Disney Jedi Master

And the three men I admire most
The Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost,
They caught the last plane for the coast
The day....the Mickey...died.

Everytime I hear that song, Im gonna substitute "Mickey" for "music". Im sure ill get some strange looks, but I dont care!!!

Awesome trip report!! Maybe I can get you to write mine.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2009, 03:33 PM   #603
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK Brown View Post
And the three men I admire most
The Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost,
They caught the last plane for the coast
The day....the Mickey...died.

Everytime I hear that song, Im gonna substitute "Mickey" for "music". Im sure ill get some strange looks, but I dont care!!!

Awesome trip report!! Maybe I can get you to write mine.
Sing it proudly.....they wouldn't give you strange looks if they knew the story.

I'm glad you liked the TR.....but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to write somebody else's story. My TR method is to only record the facts as I have personally witnessed them......with little or no embellishment.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

Old 08-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #604
emser
Earning My Ears

Ahhh...reading your last installment was about as sad as leaving WDW itself. A few tears were shed on my end, thinking of those last few hours in the parks and that lonely ride back to the airport (especially without Pal Mickey).
I am hoping you do another TR. I will have to figure out how to add you to my favorites list, or however it works on the DisBoards. (Still a little new to the boards.) Don't want to miss the next TR!!!
No trips planned in the near future, but I am working on my DH. We just got a hybrid with fuel mileage around 50 miles to the gallon. Is it me, or does that call for a trip to Disney!!! From Ohio to WDW...under $100.00 in fuel. Your TR has inspired me to continue suggesting such a trip (or nagging, as the case may be!)
I have really enjoyed my time reading! Thanks PPA!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #605
LexisAuntieLala
Mouseketeer

I too have come out of lurkdom for this last-ish post! I have had a great chuckle with every chapter... a lot of them at the crazy reference points you use to get the point across! What a fun read and definitely one of my favorite trip reports..okay so I have only read 3 so far...but still one of my top 3..I hope you will write about future trips..your story-telling skills should not be hidden from the world or at least the disboards!
Old 08-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #606
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by emser View Post
Ahhh...reading your last installment was about as sad as leaving WDW itself. A few tears were shed on my end, thinking of those last few hours in the parks and that lonely ride back to the airport (especially without Pal Mickey).
I am hoping you do another TR. I will have to figure out how to add you to my favorites list, or however it works on the DisBoards. (Still a little new to the boards.) Don't want to miss the next TR!!!
No trips planned in the near future, but I am working on my DH. We just got a hybrid with fuel mileage around 50 miles to the gallon. Is it me, or does that call for a trip to Disney!!! From Ohio to WDW...under $100.00 in fuel. Your TR has inspired me to continue suggesting such a trip (or nagging, as the case may be!)
I have really enjoyed my time reading! Thanks PPA!!!
Howdy Emser. It's always sad to leave WDW....even when you're only reading about it in a TR. I'm pretty sure I'll do another one after our December trip.....it's actually kind of fun.

$100 to get to WDW......what are you waiting for? Just pack up your suitcases and tell your DH along the way.

I've still got one last little thing I want to post on this TR.....it'll probably come in the next day or two....so stayed tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexisAuntieLala View Post
I too have come out of lurkdom for this last-ish post! I have had a great chuckle with every chapter... a lot of them at the crazy reference points you use to get the point across! What a fun read and definitely one of my favorite trip reports..okay so I have only read 3 so far...but still one of my top 3..I hope you will write about future trips..your story-telling skills should not be hidden from the world or at least the disboards!
I'm so glad you chimed in.......it's really nice to hear that people are enjoying my nonsense. I'm extremely honored that I'm on your top 3 list....but I'm going to pretend that you've already read hundreds of these things......that way it's even more impressive.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #607
stacopp
Disney Dork

I just read your whole trip report tonight and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it! This is by far the best report I have seen- I was laughing out loud so much, my DD 17 wanted to hear it as well.
THANK YOU
Old 08-13-2009, 12:35 AM   #608
GBShorts
VMK Community Leader
Knows that all the boys want her

I realize I'm coming in on the tail end here, but I just wanted to say I've had a fantastic time reading your trip report...I just started it a couple days ago and now I'm all caught up...with there being hardly any updates left.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:40 AM   #609
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

QUOTE=Peter Panic Attack I've got a confession to make......I made the Everest thing up. But still....you've got to admit....it would be an awesome picture.

Alas, I must admit I knew you were kidding, hence the . But I was secretly hoping that your photographic prowess was equal to your trip report writing prowess and the picture would somehow appear. Lol at the thought of it!!!

Hooray for the great spotting of Peter and Wendy!!!

Too sweet about Mickey!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #610
Funky Chicken
misses the Citrus Swirl at Sunshine Tree Terrace!

I just read 41 pages to see if I was the only one to notice the use of the phrase "Dang Quesadilla".
Curse you, Peter Panic Attack. You are my trip report hero.
Off to ebay to try and get hosed on a Pal Mickey.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:46 AM   #611
danagirl
Mouseketeer

loved it....

That was an awesome trip report! Thanks so much for sharing. We too lost our Pal Mickey last year. I called everyday but we never did find him again...i was sooo upset about it....at least I am not alone
Old 08-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #612
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacopp View Post
I just read your whole trip report tonight and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it! This is by far the best report I have seen- I was laughing out loud so much, my DD 17 wanted to hear it as well.
THANK YOU
Thanks a lot......I hope I didn't waste your whole evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBShorts View Post
I realize I'm coming in on the tail end here, but I just wanted to say I've had a fantastic time reading your trip report...I just started it a couple days ago and now I'm all caught up...with there being hardly any updates left.

Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome. You must have naturally good timing....because you hardly had to wait at all. I've strung everybody else along for months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Alas, I must admit I knew you were kidding, hence the . But I was secretly hoping that your photographic prowess was equal to your trip report writing prowess and the picture would somehow appear. Lol at the thought of it!!!

Hooray for the great spotting of Peter and Wendy!!!

Too sweet about Mickey!
Maybe someday I'll give the Everest picture a try....and then go back and add it. Nice use of the angel smiley by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
I just read 41 pages to see if I was the only one to notice the use of the phrase "Dang Quesadilla".
Curse you, Peter Panic Attack. You are my trip report hero.
Off to ebay to try and get hosed on a Pal Mickey.
I don't recall anybody else mentioning the quesadilla nugget....kudos to you.

Mention my name on ebay....and you get 10% off all Pal Mickeys. Just kidding....they may actually charge you more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danagirl View Post
That was an awesome trip report! Thanks so much for sharing. We too lost our Pal Mickey last year. I called everyday but we never did find him again...i was sooo upset about it....at least I am not alone
Thank you....but what's going on with this rash of Pal Mickey thefts? It's an epidemic! If they could only see the pain they leave behind.......

Old 08-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #613
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

I think you should finish the epilogue today or tomorrow before 11am cst, as I will turn off the computer for the final time before our trip at about 11:10

Old 08-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #614
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlenzendorf View Post
I think you should finish the epilogue today or tomorrow before 11am cst, as I will turn off the computer for the final time before our trip at about 11:10
Cool....it's like working under a deadline. I'll see if I can make it.

Have a great time on your trip by the way.....you are officially the lucky duck.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #615
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Panic Attack View Post
Cool....it's like working under a deadline. I'll see if I can make it.

Have a great time on your trip by the way.....you are officially the lucky duck.
Me and about 625 million or so other people who will be at all the parks it will seem this coming week. By the way, I never exaggerate

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: