Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #571
Peter Panic Attack
sudden, discrete periods of intense anxiety coupled with a refusal to grow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by anut4disney View Post
I am so loving your TR.

Our families are alike except we all like something different. DH is like you look, enjoy and move on to the next thing. Me I love gorilla's would stay in one spot all day and watch them. DD loves tigers, she would stay there all day. DGD & DGS want to see them all.

Can't wait to read the rest of your report.
Thanks....I'm glad you like it. It must be a DH thing.... that we feel like we've got to keep moving along. Obviously, we must think our time is precious. Funny thing though....I seem to have plenty of time to watch football.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died - In memoriam: Pal Mickey
Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died II - Saving Mr. Panic Attack
Old 08-04-2009, 04:09 PM   #572
luvngoofy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Panic Attack View Post

Even I have no idea how long I could stretch out this TR if I really put my back into it. But I think we're down to one or two more chapters........hmmmm...and maybe an epilogue.
Well, two chapters AND an epilogue will work for me. But i really hope to come back to a PTR! It has been such a fun ride.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #573
Connie96
DIS Veteran

Well, I've caught up thru day 1 (aka chpt 1 thru 15) and truly loving it. I may have come late to the party, but I'm really quite happy to be here.

Yes, I should have been working instead of reading a TR, but I can't help it if my test run took over an hour. I'd hate to lose my train of thought by working on something else - it makes much more sense to lose my train of thought by vicariously visiting WDW. It's really too bad that I'll have do the same tomorrow while waiting for Run 2 to finish.

Me 41 DH 44 DD 7
'96 CBR Honeymoon | '02 AKL | '04 BWI | '05 POFQ | '11 POFQ | '13 POR | '15 CBR??
Old 08-04-2009, 05:55 PM   #574
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvngoofy View Post
Well, two chapters AND an epilogue will work for me. But i really hope to come back to a PTR! It has been such a fun ride.
I'm glad you've had fun......plus you get to have fun in WDW with your family in just a few days.....so life is good. Did you notice I'm ducking the question about the PTR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie96 View Post
Well, I've caught up thru day 1 (aka chpt 1 thru 15) and truly loving it. I may have come late to the party, but I'm really quite happy to be here.

Yes, I should have been working instead of reading a TR, but I can't help it if my test run took over an hour. I'd hate to lose my train of thought by working on something else - it makes much more sense to lose my train of thought by vicariously visiting WDW. It's really too bad that I'll have do the same tomorrow while waiting for Run 2 to finish.
Thanks.....and good for you. Just getting through day 1 is no small feat. I'm buying your excuse for blowing off work by the way....I just hope you're not an air-traffic controller or something.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

Old 08-04-2009, 07:34 PM   #575
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know it's difficult......but I am running out of trip....to report......so eventually it'll have to end.

Disneymoon09, I haven't given much thought to a PTR. Maybe after we book our ADRs I'll decide. I noticed we get a one day head start on you....so we'll try to not take all the good ones.
I smell a challenge! HAHA Just kidding. but not really. please leave a seat at Le Cellier for us, and Kona, and Boma, and Tutto...the list goes on really.

Dec 1996-Offsite (Give Kids the World Grounds)
Dec 2009- All Star Movies
Sept 2011 - POP
Nov 2013 - ASMo with BFF for Gingerbread 5k at GKTW!
Nov 2013- Beckett's First Trip!
May 2014- POP, leaving the kid at home!
Nov/Dec 2015- Hoping to rent DVC points at AKL

Old 08-05-2009, 12:29 AM   #576
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Another great update. Sorry about the Wishes trouble. I have never seen Wishes with its music, so I don't know what you were missing. I plan to see it somewhere that I can hear the music next time.

Me DH DD DS
Old 08-05-2009, 03:42 AM   #577
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineMail View Post
You get an A+ for creative writing using smileys, lol.
Awwww, thank you!!! Too bad I was so bleary eyed that I couldn't type without typos though........

Magic Shell, I have been to wdw twice now and haven't seen Illuminations or wishes. But I have seen the dtd fireworks.

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:14 AM   #578
anut4disney
Just call me bashful

Quote:
Thanks....I'm glad you like it. It must be a DH thing.... that we feel like we've got to keep moving along. Obviously, we must think our time is precious. Funny thing though....I seem to have plenty of time to watch football.

My husband can sit all day in the woods hunting and never see anything and be quite content, but can't stand to fish because you have to sit and wait, go figure.

Raymond (aka Grumpy).
Wonderful husband, father and grandfather.
You are in our hearts forever.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #579
Peter Panic Attack

Chpt 45 - Heading for home (Part One)

Well, it’s true what they say.....all good things must come to an end......except the Simpsons.....and Dick Clark apparently. I believe it was the great British leader Winston Churchill who said “This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.” or was that Frank Churchill, the American composer who wrote most of the music for the 1937 Disney movie Snow White and the Seven Dwarves....I always get those two mixed up. Well, in either case......huh? Because...on the surface it sounds good but......whoop dee do Basil, what does it all mean?

Anyway, we got up the next morning and started to cram all of our scattered belongings back into suitcases. Is it just me......or was packing more fun the first time around? The plan was to take our luggage down to the POFQ bus area and stow them until we returned later in the day to head to the airport. We were flying home on Frontier.....which was one of the few airlines that didn’t qualify for resort baggage check-in. Unfortunately, I hadn’t realized this until after we had booked the non-refundable tickets. That had been a major blunder on my part.....because I view resort baggage check-in as a gift from heaven. Now, we would just have to check our bags the old-fashioned way.....at the airport.....which I detest.

We still had one days park admission left....because with our Magic Your Way package....the price difference between tickets for seven days versus eight days was like a nickel. Anyway, we decided to use our precious last ticket on the MK.....even though it was a Saturday which is traditionally not good day for the MK.....and even though we could hear a long, sorrowful cry of anguish from Tinkershell’s non-negotiable itinerary....albeit muffled....because it was already packed away in a suitcase full of tie-dye mickeys.

As we got off the bus at MK, we were greeted by another beautiful day. We couldn’t have asked for any better weather on this trip. When we had researched what type of weather to expect at WDW in December.....the feedback had ranged anywhere from short-sleeves and shorts conditions to parkas and snowshoes. Ok.....to be honest....nobody suggested we would need snowshoes. I just wrote that because I liked the mental picture. Anyway, our whole week had been in the 70's and 80's....which was not only a great era for music.....it also made for some very pleasant park touring conditions. So, I guess Tinkershell hadn’t needed all of those winter gloves she had packed after all.....or the knit hats......or the snowshoes.

As we strolled up Mainstreet USA, we paused to listen to the barbershop quartet sing Jingle Bells. Honestly......and I realize I’m preaching to the choir here....but where else on earth are you going to find this type of stuff? Believe me, I understand that WDW is not for everybody. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from this crazy little journey called life, it’s the fact that people come in all shapes and sizes......and personalities.....especially personalities. I know loads of people that have no chance of ever truly enjoying WDW the way that I do. They’re moving too fast....and their too concerned about impressing the people around them. After a vacation, they want to set up a picture in their office of them scaling a volcano.....or conquering a large fish. They’re not interested in a framed 8 X 10 glossy of them in a tie-dye t-shirt.....throwing their arm around Goofy like he’s and old college buddy. Thankfully, for my family, WDW fits us like a glove. Besides.....with the introduction of photoshop.... I’ve got all those cool pictures in my office anyway....plus some even better ones......like me on top of Mt Everest sharing a celebratory cigar with Mini Me and Dr. Evil. I get tons of comments on that one.

Anyway, we were just soaking it all in as we headed for Toontown. For you see, we hadn’t been to Minnie or Mickey’s house yet....and my mother had raised me better than to enjoy a week at WDW without thanking the host....and hostess. Speaking of Hostess......have you ever tried one of their fruit pies? I’m telling you, they’re surprisingly tasty....once you get through that age-hardened pastry shell. You know....it just occurred to me that...in many ways...people are like Hostess fruit pies. They both have an outer shell that you have to work through...in order to get to the goodness beneath. That's about as far as you should take the comparison however. If you try to package a person in one of those air-tight wrappers.....you're going to end up with a fairly unpleasant legal situation on your hands.....because when it's all said and done....people are not fruit pies.

Ok....so where were we? Ah yes....Toontown. First, we took a quick tour of Minnie’s place. “Have you remodeled recently Minnie? Because, I don't remember everything being quite so pink. I mean....would it kill ya to throw in a couple of earth tones every now and again? Honestly....my eyes are watering here.” Anyway....after waiting a couple of minutes for our vision to return.... we headed next door to Mickey’s house....which I feel incorporates a much more visually pleasing color palette.

I complain about Minnie....yet Woobie is dressed in almost identical colors. Ironic...isn't it.

They told us at the house that Mickey was out back in his big tent. I’ve always been surprised by the fact that Mickey has such a big tent in his backyard....it seems a little ostentatious to me....and, therefore, totally out of character....because Mickey comes off as very "down to earth" for such a big celebrity. Anyway, he was kind enough to take a couple of pictures with us....which was nice. In hindsight, I wish I hadn't joked about his tent....and whether he was compensating for something....because he abruptly dismissed us in icy silence. What? Nobody got all bent out of shape when Shrek said it. Anyway, Tinkershell said I've really got to learn to keep my big yapper shut.

A happier time....before security arrived.

Next up: Chpt 46 - Heading for Home (Part two)

Old 08-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #580
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon09 View Post
I smell a challenge! HAHA Just kidding. but not really. please leave a seat at Le Cellier for us, and Kona, and Boma, and Tutto...the list goes on really.
Well...we are only a party of four....so we shouldn't take up too much room. We're planning on using the online adrs....which opens at 6:00 am eastern time....which translates to 4:00 am our time. Yikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Another great update. Sorry about the Wishes trouble. I have never seen Wishes with its music, so I don't know what you were missing. I plan to see it somewhere that I can hear the music next time.
Thank you. You've got to see the full-blown Wishes by the way. It's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anut4disney View Post
My husband can sit all day in the woods hunting and never see anything and be quite content, but can't stand to fish because you have to sit and wait, go figure.
Don't even try to figure out husbands....it will drive you to madness.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:05 AM   #581
hucifer
The tag that was here was staler than 3 yr old bread crumbs
The Van Halen song "Running with the Devil" was about my parakeet!
Smell anything? It's just my sauerkraut

Quote:
Is it just me......or was packing more fun the first time around?
It's not just you, my friend. Packing to go home royally sucks.

Quote:
We were flying home on Frontier.
I've flown them once. I have no complaints about the airline, except the whole time I expected them to shout out, "Yeeeeeeeeeeeee HAW! Welcome, pardner, to Frontier Airlines. The roughest, toughest, wildest ride in the sky."

Quote:
I view resort baggage check-in as a gift from heaven.
Because it is, Peter. It is.

Quote:
Now, we would just have to check our bags the old-fashioned way.....at the airport.....which I detest.
That was an old gift from Hades.

Quote:
the price difference between tickets for seven days versus eight days was like a nickel.
That is the work of those evil marketing geniuses...they know how to rope you into buying a eighty-day pass.

Quote:
Anyway, our whole week had been in the 70's and 80's....which was not only a great era for music.....it also made for some very pleasant park touring conditions.
The 80s had the best music, no question. Ahh, the early days of MTV...when they actually played music...we were so young then.

Quote:
like me on top of Mt Everest sharing a celebratory cigar with Mini Me and Dr. Evil.
Now THAT'S a picture worth posting.

Quote:
people are like Hostess fruit pies. They both have an outer shell that you have to work through...in order to get to the goodness beneath. That's about as far as you should take the comparison however. If you try to package a person in one of those air-tight wrappers.....you're going to end up with a fairly unpleasant legal situation on your hands.....because when it's all said and done....people are not fruit pies.
Well, that took up a whole paragraph.

Quote:
In hindsight, I wish I hadn't joked about his tent....and whether he was compensating for something....because he abruptly dismissed us in icy silence.
Yeah, he doesn't really care for Freudian humor, I unfortunately discovered.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:33 AM   #582
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucifer View Post
I've flown them once. I have no complaints about the airline, except the whole time I expected them to shout out, "Yeeeeeeeeeeeee HAW! Welcome, pardner, to Frontier Airlines. The roughest, toughest, wildest ride in the sky.".
You're right about that.....Frontier Airlines does have a certain rustic western flair that makes you want to slip on a pair of boots and chew tobacco. Plus, they've got those cool wildlife scenes on the tail of their planes. I believe our return flight was a polar bear.....or some type of goat.

Quote:
That was an old gift from Hades..
What if eternal suffering turns out to be waiting forever in a long line at an airport ticket counter....and watching all the platinum club members get served?

Quote:
That is the work of those evil marketing geniuses...they know how to rope you into buying a eighty-day pass..
Louie Anderson used to have a comedy routine about going into a 7-11 for a soda....and having to choose between the 12 oz cup....or a 55 gallon drum for a nickel extra. It's the same basic principle.

Now....we just sit back and wait to see how many people have ever heard of Louie Anderson....and host on the Family Feud doesn't count.

Quote:
The 80s had the best music, no question. Ahh, the early days of MTV...when they actually played music...we were so young then..
Just don't pay too much attention to the lyrics. They had some real beauties like "smell like I sound....I'm lost in a crowd....and I'm hungry like a wolf" or "I wear my sunglasses at night...so I can, so I can....watch you leave...then breathe your story lines." Huh? Not exactly classic poety there....but it had a good beat....and you could dance to it.

Quote:
Well, that took up a whole paragraph..
For too many years....I've hidden my views on fruit pies. I just felt something needed to be said.

Quote:
Yeah, he doesn't really care for Freudian humor, I unfortunately discovered.
You too huh? Apparently, Mickey has no time for that psycho-babble nonsense. Hey Mickey....suppress much?

Old 08-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #583
angelmav
DIS Veteran

Wow what a great TR my fellow traveler from the time zone that the networks swear doesnt exist! I have enjoyed every minute, and have kept you on my 'would you like to restore you last internet session? Why YES' list for a week so I wouldnt lose my place!

Sorry to hear about Pal Mickey, but stuffed animatronic toys are fickle, and they are always chasing after rainbows, at least if the muppetts are to be believed.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #584
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmav View Post
Wow what a great TR my fellow traveler from the time zone that the networks swear doesnt exist! I have enjoyed every minute, and have kept you on my 'would you like to restore you last internet session? Why YES' list for a week so I wouldnt lose my place!

Sorry to hear about Pal Mickey, but stuffed animatronic toys are fickle, and they are always chasing after rainbows, at least if the muppetts are to be believed.
Thank you angelmav.....sounds like you have been busy catching up.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:03 PM   #585
Connie96
DIS Veteran

Alrighty! I am ALL caught up! Fantastic report.

It amazes me how well some people can tell a story and you are one of the great ones! I have just enjoyed the heck outta this story.

Looking forward to the grand finale! ...no matter how many chapters it takes.

Me 41 DH 44 DD 7
'96 CBR Honeymoon | '02 AKL | '04 BWI | '05 POFQ | '11 POFQ | '13 POR | '15 CBR??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: