Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2009, 04:55 PM   #556
Peter Panic Attack
sudden, discrete periods of intense anxiety coupled with a refusal to grow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebaxric View Post
Next time, try to get on the boat that launches from MK to the Poly!! It's a good thing that Tinkershell didn't murder you, otherwise I don't think you'd be writing this trip report in the same way you are today. I'm also glad to hear that Kona was a success. I've heard many TR's sing the praises of Kona's breakfast, but not too many on the dinner side. I think I'd like to try it for lunch, this was my one stipulation to DH that we have at least one sit down meal while we are there, so Kona would be it. Do you have any other suggestions of a place that I should really try?

P.S. Sad that you are on your way home already....
I love everyplace that we've eaten at WDW.....so I don't think you could go wrong. We've never eaten lunch at Kona.....but I bet it would be nice. There's got to be some people out there who could tell us for sure though.

I'm surprised to hear you say that we are on our way home "already"....since it seems like if been writing this TR forever. It's true though.....it's getting very close to the end....
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died - In memoriam: Pal Mickey
Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died II - Saving Mr. Panic Attack
Old 08-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #557
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie96 View Post
Hi Peter. You had me at the Introduction. Subscribing and going back to catch up.
Welcome Connie96.......hopefully you've got a little free time on your hands.....because you've got some work ahead of you. Great timing though.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #558
mmeb144

My husband KNOWS I'm a Disney Maniac
MM is the coolest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Panic Attack View Post
I don’t know what they put in that dessert......but apparently one of the ingredients was forgiveness.
Awwww... that's so sweet!

How long have you and Tinkershell been married? It's nice that you get along so well.

Mar '87 Offsite, Mar '89 Contemporary, Sept '91 CBR, Mar '92 Dolphin, Sept '97 Polynesian, Dec '00 CBR, May '03 CBR, Jan '04 WL, Oct '04 POFQ, Feb '05 WL, Dec '05 Contemporary, Feb '07 POFQ, Dec '07 CBR, June '08 Disneyland, Nov '08 Buena Vista Suites, Dec '09 CSR, Dec '10 POFQ, June '12 POFQ, Dec '13 Caribe Royale/POFQ, May '14 ASMusic
Old 08-03-2009, 11:04 PM   #559
luvngoofy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeb144 View Post

How long have you and Tinkershell been married? It's nice that you get along so well.
I agree, how sweet! I guess that is what years of marriage will do for you. According to his sig it wil be 20yrs this Oct.

PPA- you still have me laughing out loud. I'm just hopeing you can squeeze in three more days.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:46 AM   #560
hucifer
The tag that was here was staler than 3 yr old bread crumbs
The Van Halen song "Running with the Devil" was about my parakeet!
Smell anything? It's just my sauerkraut

Quote:
We tried walking down to the waters edge at the TTC and then cutting across to the Poly Beach....but it was all blocked off with electrified fences topped with razor wire. I have no idea what's going on down there....but apparently its hush-hush. In fact, we got yelled at by some security guard from his little glass house....who I'm pretty sure fired a warning shot across our bow. After we explained our dilemma....he released me from his choke-hold....and told us that we would have to walk back up to the top of the TTC area and then cut through the Poly Parking lot.
You were lucky he only fired warning shots. Sometimes they send the dogs out. Disney Security is nothing to fool, as you found unfortunately out.

Quote:
Did I die? Well, you are probably assuming I didn't....because I'm writing this TR. Then again, you probably didn't realize Bruce Willis was dead the whole time in the Sixth Sense either...now didja.
That would be so cool if you were writing this report from The Afterworld.
A world of neverending happiness. Where you can always see the sun. Day. Or night.

Quote:
By the way, at what age do people start looking for chairs instead of plopping down on the ground?
Thirty, the day you officially turn old.

Quote:
You start out in life spending most of your time on the ground.....crawling and rolling and playing.....and then end your life trying to stay off the ground......because if you’re on the ground something bad has happened....and you’re left wishing that you hadn’t been too proud to carry that life-alert gadget somebody had given you last Christmas....because now you’ve fallen and you can’t get up.
That was deep, man. Real deep.

Quote:
When my mom carried the cake into Grandma’s party, it had two deep distinct little butt-cheek imprints in the top of it. "Happy Birthday Grandma! I hope you enjoy your butt cake. Love, Peter".
Between that and the reasonable beer, I'm one sappy mess.

Quote:
Why were the fireworks so tiny?
Apparently you need a lesson in space and perspective.

Quote:
I was pretty sure that Tinkershell was feeling around her lounge chair for any type of a large rock that she could bludgeon me with
I really can't blame her.

Quote:
In retrospect, here’s what I think happened.....I’m a moron.
Don't be so hard on yourself.
Hee hee, I said...never mind.

Quote:
somewhere along the beach....she had picked up a large stick.....and was slowly and lovingly wittling one end down to a nasty sharp tip.
At least she did it lovingly. So does she plan on stabbing you AFTER she bludgeons you, or the other way around?

Quote:
If only Pal Mickey were here.....I could have sent him through the air vents for help.....like a little furry Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible.
Did Pal Mickey often preach about psychology and Scientology?

Quote:
It was at that point that I accepted my fate.....and a deep peace settled over me as I rejoined my family outside the restaurant.....because I knew that soon I would be reunited with Pal Mickey.
Stop! Stop!

Quote:
Maybe a couple of drinks would change Tinkershell’s perspective on this whole Wishes fiasco. It had certainly done the trick on the night when I proposed marriage to her....because her initial reaction of "over my dead body" had somehow magically transformed into "til death do us part."
Hey, whatever works.

Quote:
I had one of the best teriyaki steaks I had ever eaten. Then again......since it was technically my last meal.....you may want to take that review with a grain of salt. For I have heard that your senses are heightened when you are facing imminent death.
I'll take your word on this...you would know since you are writing this from The Other Side.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:48 AM   #561
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Wlw!! Just found your trip report and have read through the entire thing!! First I was , then, throw in a little and then when you lost Mickey. Your daughter is so cute and your family seems like a LOT of fun!! Loved the gangsta' poses11

Thanks for a great read and I'm looking forward to the rest!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:21 AM   #562
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeb144 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvngoofy View Post
I agree, how sweet! I guess that is what years of marriage will do for you. According to his sig it wil be 20yrs this Oct.

PPA- you still have me laughing out loud. I'm just hopeing you can squeeze in three more days.
Yup.....twenty years....in August actually. Our honeymoon was in October because that was when the offseason pricing for the Disney Cruise started. So, as you can see, I've been cheap for a long, long time. As you can also see, Tinkershell is obviously a saint.

luvngoofy, I think I'm going to finish before you leave.....but keep your fingers crossed.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #563
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucifer View Post
You were lucky he only fired warning shots. Sometimes they send the dogs out. Disney Security is nothing to fool, as you found unfortunately out..
I have no idea what we almost stumbled across down there......but I think I caught a glimpse of a metallic saucer-shaped object.

Quote:
That would be so cool if you were writing this report from The Afterworld.
A world of neverending happiness. Where you can always see the sun. Day. Or night..
I can't believe you just pulled Purple Rain into my TR.

Quote:
Thirty, the day you officially turn old..
Haven't you heard? Forty is the new thirty.

Quote:
That was deep, man. Real deep..
Well....it was kind of a long way to go to work in an old joke. Consider yourself lucky that I haven't figured out a way to include "where's the beef?" or "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" yet.

Quote:
Between that and the reasonable beer, I'm one sappy mess. .
Once again......not exactly the emotion I was looking for.

Quote:
Apparently you need a lesson in space and perspective..
Ok...I realize that the beach is further away from the castle than Mainstreet USA....but people were saying on the disboards that they loved watching wishes from the Poly. Why would people love watching tiny fireworks hucifer? That's what caught me by surprise.

Quote:
I really can't blame her..
She was going to bludgeon me.......and yet you support that.

Quote:
At least she did it lovingly. So does she plan on stabbing you AFTER she bludgeons you, or the other way around?.
I think she was playing it kind of loosey-goosey.......just keeping her options open.

Quote:
Did Pal Mickey often preach about psychology and Scientology?.
Now that you mention it...yes he did. He also played a mean air guitar in his boxer shorts.

Quote:
I'll take your word on this...you would know since you are writing this from The Other Side.
Actually, if I was already dead.....why would I be so concerned about being murdered? Although......maybe I don't realize that I'm already dead yet....because that's been known to happen. In fact, what if Haley Joel Osment is the only one reading this TR....and he's just replying under a bunch of different names? To be honest....I don't know what to think anymore.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #564
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Wlw!! Just found your trip report and have read through the entire thing!! First I was , then, throw in a little and then when you lost Mickey. Your daughter is so cute and your family seems like a LOT of fun!! Loved the gangsta' poses11

Welcome SunnieRN. I'm glad you like the TR. It does run the gamet of emotions though doesn't it.....but isn't that how life works? Don't forget, this is just a recount of true events.....more or less.

For some reason, my family loves the gangsta pose.....we've got loads of pictures of it. Finding one without it....that's the challenge.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #565
MineMail
DIS Veteran

Great chapter, er..."chpt" ... I updated your links, if you want to copy-and-paste: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=492

Quote:
I'm surprised to hear you say that we are on our way home "already"....since it seems like if been writing this TR forever. It's true though.....it's getting very close to the end....
C'mon, you can eke out a few more chapters. Do a plane segment with Pal Mickey riding the wing, ala the "Twilight Zone." LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post

You get an A+ for creative writing using smileys, lol.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #566
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineMail View Post
Great chapter, er..."chpt" ... I updated your links, if you want to copy-and-paste: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=492

C'mon, you can eke out a few more chapters. Do a plane segment with Pal Mickey riding the wing, ala the "Twilight Zone." LOL
Thank you very much for the link.

Even I have no idea how long I could stretch out this TR if I really put my back into it. But I think we're down to one or two more chapters........hmmmm...and maybe an epilogue.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #567
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Even I have no idea how long I could stretch out this TR if I really put my back into it. But I think we're down to one or two more chapters........hmmmm...and maybe an epilogue.
It cannot end! And remember, you could always do a PTR. I think that would satisfy the angry mob.

Dec 1996-Offsite (Give Kids the World Grounds)
Dec 2009- All Star Movies
Sept 2011 - POP
Nov 2013 - ASMo with BFF for Gingerbread 5k at GKTW!
Nov 2013- Beckett's First Trip!
May 2014- POP, leaving the kid at home!
Nov/Dec 2015- Hoping to rent DVC points at AKL

Old 08-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #568
DisneyMomLiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:

What no, only two more chapters and "maybe" an epilogue!?!
Old 08-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #569
anut4disney
Just call me bashful

Quote:
Chapter 12 – Oh…just shut up with the chapters already…they’re nonsense

My problem with zoos or zoo-type places is that I want to walk up to an exhibit….identify the animal…and then move on. The rest of the family, on the other hand….prefer to loiter….or dawdle, if you prefer. They want to snap pictures. They try to communicate with the animals through pantomime. They join hands and close their eyes…..trying to imagine what it would be like to switch places with each individual animal….to walk a mile in it’s hooves, if you will. They are 100% immersed in the experience….which is great… if you aren’t saddled with my tiny microscopic attention span.

Next up: Chapter 13 – We’re still at AK right? Just checking
I am so loving your TR.

Our families are alike except we all like something different. DH is like you look, enjoy and move on to the next thing. Me I love gorilla's would stay in one spot all day and watch them. DD loves tigers, she would stay there all day. DGD & DGS want to see them all.

Can't wait to read the rest of your report.

Raymond (aka Grumpy).
Wonderful husband, father and grandfather.
You are in our hearts forever.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #570
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon09 View Post
It cannot end! And remember, you could always do a PTR. I think that would satisfy the angry mob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomLiz View Post
What no, only two more chapters and "maybe" an epilogue!?!
I know it's difficult......but I am running out of trip....to report......so eventually it'll have to end.

Disneymoon09, I haven't given much thought to a PTR. Maybe after we book our ADRs I'll decide. I noticed we get a one day head start on you....so we'll try to not take all the good ones.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: