Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
BitsnBearsMom
We sure are lucky that way
Felt guilty not admitting that I am wearing them now

Hidden Mickey's

Is there a Hidden Mickey book for DL like the one for DW or a list of where there are some? We are visiting DL for the first time in August and one of our fav things to do at DW is to hunt for hidden Mickey's. I'd love to know where a few are before we go..... have to get a 'jump start' on the boys (15yo and 9.5yo and dh!! )
Old 04-02-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
Teki
Love the Indi hats!
My family takes odd pics like that every time we go

Yes they do its called Disneyland's hidden Mickey's a field guide to Disneyland resort's best kept secrets by Steven M. Barrett. It has a few in it that I dont think are really hidden, but its pretty cool.
Teki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Yup, you can get it at Amazon or get it in the bookstore on Main Street when you get to Disneyland. It's fun!!! We like taking our Hidden Mickey book.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
firefly87
Mouseketeer

I just bought this book at World of Disney last week. It was up by the cash registers.

It has lots of neat info in it, not only hidden ones in DL but also in DTD and DCA.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:11 PM   #5
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

The book is good, BUT it only tells you some of the 'confirmed' Hidden Mickeys, meaning the ones that the sneaky and clever Cast members and Imagineers will admit to. There are TONS of other ones they don't revela, because the whole fun in Hidden Mickeys is being able to stumble upon them accidentally. This book only gives you an idea of the sorts of things to look for, but really the HM's could be really obvious or really hidden, clearly defined or in different types of shapes, in plants, in wallpaper, the carpeting, on your dinner plate, on the armoire in the hotel, in the darkest corner of a ride, on a bench or lamppost, etc. Some of them are shapes may not be real Hidden Mickeys but just sort of look that way, and some are meant to look like rough images of Hidden Mickeys. They are all different - no Hidden Mickeys look alike. The key is to keep an open mind and sharp eyes and just look everywhere on the DLR property - including all 3 hotels, DTD, DCA and DL. Even look in the bathrooms. They are very clever about where they put them!!

Here is a link to a great website that shows all kinds of unconfirmed Hidden Mickeys at both DLR and WDW:
http://www.hiddenmickeysguide.com/catalog.php?id=27

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 04-02-2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Changed link to a better one!
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #6
lntsmom
Soarin' is addictive!
I got home and realized I only got 3 sets of arms

Barnes and Noble and Borders both carry it. If you want an easier version there's a new Disney guide at Borders that has stories about the park...for example, it lists all the window dedications and tells you the stories of the people they honor. It also has Hidden Mickey info...and unlike the other guide, this one tells you exactly where to look to find them.
lntsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:41 PM   #7
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

The Disneyland's Hidden Mickeys book does tell you exactly where to find them, lntsmom. Of course, as I stated in my above post, these are only the ones that the CM's and Imagineers will confess to - there are plenty of other ones around DLR left to be discovered. The book first gives you hints where to find them so you can look on your own. But then after that, it tells you exactly what and where they are later in the book.

I like the website I posted the link for better because that has a ton of the unconfirmed Hidden Mickeys, and some photos of them too. This link is better than the previous one I posted because it goes right to the main DLR page: http://www.hiddenmickeysguide.com/catalog.php?id=27

I like that the site also categorizes them (on their home page) into "questionable" or "lost" Hidden Mickeys.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 04-02-2009 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Added info
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #8
Snow Orange
Mouseketeer

The book is small enough so I planned to throw in the backpack for a long line read for DD10. I didn't even open it so thanks for the extra info.

Save Ferris

DLR 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969
Moved east
DLR 1972, WDW 1977, 1978, 1991, 1992, 1999
DLR 1st fam trip April 2009
Snow Orange is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: