Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
IdesOmarch
DIS Veteran

SPARTACUS Season Finali TONIGHT!!

Anyone else excited about tonight? I can't wait. I've been getting Starz for free the last month or so and was so hoping they wouldn't pull the plug until the finali. I figured they would because I thought they were using the success of Spartacus to get people to buy Starz then right before the last 2 episodes or whatever, pull the plug so you would have to buy it, but they haven't so far.

Anyone got any predictions, I am so betting that Biatus is going to.....how do I say this........use the bathroom on the blond guy's face before he kills him. This show is so wild. I can't believe they did that. I honestly can't imagine that not happening, even though its kind of predictable and this series has never been predicatable. I never though Biatus would actually make a sympathetic character. The acting in this show is phenomenal.
IdesOmarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
MushyMushy
Marseeya Here!
Drama Magnet
I only make exceptions for chocolate Mickey heads
I'm a big pie freak
I'll always laugh myself silly over the flag pole incident.

I'm kind of dreading the finale! I really don't want this mini season to end.

Personally, I think they should keep this storyline going for a few seasons so that Andy Whitfield can eventually come back as Spartacus when he recovers enough. I adore Lucy Lawless and John Hannah. I can't imagine the show without them in it.
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

Excited for sure. Btw, I loved Andy but I do officially think he has been replaced. Hope the new guy is as good.
twinboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

I don't want it to end either. There is still so much to tie up, I wonder if they could do another Gods of the Arena.

Andy has been replaced for the second season. I hope he returns though. He is an incredible talent.

Is tonight's episode just one hour? Hope not.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
IdesOmarch
DIS Veteran

Yes that is what I heard as well. The finali in the first season was maybe the best TV show I've ever seen, period.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:27 PM   #6
brerrabbit
Sixth Generation Native Texan

Well since neither of the blondies were around as far as I could tell when Sparticus first started I would guess bad things are going to happen to both of them tonight.

I love this show and will miss it. I heard they are going to have new ones this summer with the new Sparticus.

I wonder if when they pick it back up if it is going to run the whole Sparticus story with him forming the army of slaves and fightingting the Romans. If I remember my history correctly thats how the story goes and the final outcome was the defeat of the slave army and the survivors were all crucified along the roads leading to Rome as a warning to any other slaves that this is what happens when you revolt.
1996 Beach Club
1996 Disney Land Hotel (Disneyland)
1997 Wilderness Lodge
1998 Port Orleans FQ
2000 Caribean Beach
2001 All Star Sports
2004 All Star Music
2005 All Star Music
2006 Pop Century
2007 All Star Music
2009 Pop Century
2010 Port Orleans FQ
2011 Port Orleans FQ
brerrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #7
Halloweenqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by brerrabbit View Post
Well since neither of the blondies were around as far as I could tell when Sparticus first started I would guess bad things are going to happen to both of them tonight.

I love this show and will miss it. I heard they are going to have new ones this summer with the new Sparticus.

I wonder if when they pick it back up if it is going to run the whole Sparticus story with him forming the army of slaves and fightingting the Romans. If I remember my history correctly thats how the story goes and the final outcome was the defeat of the slave army and the survivors were all crucified along the roads leading to Rome as a warning to any other slaves that this is what happens when you revolt.
That's what happened in Stanley Kubrick's movie, Spartacus, starring Kirk Douglas. No one really knows what happened to Spartacus. Some think he died in battle. His followers were crucified.

The second season would follow Spartacus and his gathering of followers. Though I find that story to be interesting, I will miss the focus on the gladiators. That's why I hope they continue the Gods of the Arena storyline.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #8
IdesOmarch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brerrabbit View Post

Yes from what I've heard that is exactly what is going to happen, the 3rd season will pick back up when the Gladiators revolted, left the Ludas and orgainzed all the slaves across the country for the huge revolt that brought Rome to its knees. I am guessing it will have a similar plot to the 2 Spartacus movies, they first fight off and kill a small faction of Roman soldiers led by Glabbus (don't remember the spelling), then more, then like 2 entire Legions, then the Romans finally kill all the slaves with a huge Army organized and financed by the richest man in the world at that time, Marcus Crassus. ( I mean I don't know this is how its going to go, this is just how the 2 movies went, so I'm guessing it will be something like that.)
Old 02-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #9
Halloweenqueen

But Gods of the Arena isn't season two. It's a prequel.

I love Spartacus, but one of my favorite shows ever was Rome.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #10
Agri
DIS Veteran

I've been watching this on Netflix the past couple of nights. I've really enjoyed it.
Agri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:17 AM   #11
MushyMushy
Marseeya Here!
Drama Magnet
I only make exceptions for chocolate Mickey heads
I'm a big pie freak
I'll always laugh myself silly over the flag pole incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
But Gods of the Arena isn't season two. It's a prequel.

I love Spartacus, but one of my favorite shows ever was Rome.
Me too! That had to be one of the best shows I've ever seen. I was angry for such a long time that HBO cancelled it.

At any rate, I was very satisfied with the finale of this prequel. Very happily surprised as well. I'm left wanting more of this cast AND the Spartacus storyline.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:35 AM   #12
DonDraper
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyMushy View Post
Me too! That had to be one of the best shows I've ever seen. I was angry for such a long time that HBO cancelled it.

At any rate, I was very satisfied with the finale of this prequel. Very happily surprised as well. I'm left wanting more of this cast AND the Spartacus storyline.
I thought tonight's finale was one of the better season finales I've ever seen of any show. I thought it was absolutely epic!!!
DonDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:49 AM   #13
Megan_J
Mouseketeer

I'm watching this tonight on Netflix. I love this show to death and I have a huge crush on Manu Bennett who plays Crixus.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #14
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Bringing this to the front rather than start a new thread for this final season. I thought Friday night's show was the season and series finale, but just realized there is one more episode. However, had they ended it with Friday night's episode, it would have been the perfect ending, very upbeat. We all know how the story ends and I don't know how they will end the series, but if they let it go short of the bar defeat of Sparticus, I would have been fine with that.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #15
lynxstch
Love that Figment!
Turkey, Clay, and my favorite all time christmas song..all on the same day..it doesn't get any better!
Learned the hard way not to store meltables in the oven

You might want to go and edit the title of your original post, so not to confuse anyone who might think that tonite is the finale..it's not till Friday!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: