Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
bubba73
Disney is not only a place but a state of mind. Thank you Uncle Walt for giving us such a place.

April Showers Won't Stop the Mighty Ducks!

TEAM TRIPLE D!!!! We have reached Spring time. Hopefully this will mean no more snow for anyone in our group. (I belive I have heard more than one person on our team make a mention that they really hate snow.)

So this is it. (I hope the title of the thread is ok. I tried to think of something cute but was having some issues. I did try!) This will be our home for the next 30 days to share with all of the ups and downs that we all will encounter. Let's have another great month. Have fun. Be safe! Share wit us any races that you are going to be doing so we can cheer on our fellor Triple D's.

Have a great month team!!
Bryan

Recent Trips:
2005 - Pop Century (50's Section)
2006 - Pop Century (70's Section)
2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter (September Trip) Free Dining Building 3
2009 - Pop Century (80's Section) Marathon Weekend
bubba73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:22 AM   #2
bubba73
Disney is not only a place but a state of mind. Thank you Uncle Walt for giving us such a place.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...3qxzQfKA&hl=en

This will also be where I post the totals for each Triple D member for the month of March. I will also post an extended total so you can see what you have done for both months.

ROCK ON DUCKS!!!
Bryan

Recent Trips:
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2009, 08:04 AM   #3
dsnyfan21
I'd rather be on Main Street in WDW!

** WARNING **

...Intruder Alert.....

There's a Warrior in the house.....

Quote: "I have been keeping up with my workouts. (That is one of the few things that are keeping me sane, if you want to call it that!) I have been spending more time on the track getting ready for my race next week. (Next week?? I need to go for another run. What if I'm not ready? I want to do good! Please let me be ready this time! Please! Oooops! Sorry for that lapse into my insane side.)"-Bryan

Ummmmm, ok since these are burning questions...
1.Yes, next week.
2.You are ready!
3.STOP questioning yourself!! ugh!

...Back to your regularly schedule progam...

Have a great month Duckies!

Warrior Tracy
aka: Racey Tracy/Freckles Half Fanatic #299
07,08,09,10,11,13, 14WDW Half Marathon 12 WDW Full!! 13GOOFY08,09,10,11,12Miami ING Half Marathon 08A1A Ft. Lauderdale Half Mararthon 08Last WDW Minnie 15K 09,10,11,12,13,14WDW Princess Half 08/10DL Half Marathon &CtoC Medal 09Last Race for the Taste 10K 10,11,13 W&D Half 12ToT10miler 09/10/11/12,13Spacecoast Half Marathon 13 MCM 10K, 13 Celebration Half
First Visit to Walt Disney World 1972
dsnyfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:40 AM   #4
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Happy April to all my Ducks! Just wanted to come over here and sub...lol

Got a pretty good run in yesterday...ran with the gang that I'm doing the Jersey Shore Relay with so we ran for 40 mins...got in 3.75 miles. Ran faster than normal so my knees are just a little sore today but not horrible.

Also, I am LOVING my Garmin 405!!! I love downloading the runs and checking them out online. Since I run with usually one other person, I send them the links and it's fun to compare past runs. Plus I don't ever need a set course with a specific distance already mapped out. We just weave in and out of streets and when we hit our goal distance or time, we're done!

Last edited by disneygirlinnj; 04-01-2009 at 10:25 AM.
disneygirlinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Oh...and are any of you guys on Facebook?

I've been noticing a few more posts around the WISH boards about a Facebook group, etc...

here's my link if you guys are over there!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500048190
disneygirlinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #6
ahoff
DIS Veteran

I am hoping for no April showers! Days like these are like found days, mileage-wise. The weather report says rain and it never does. So, if it is not raining in the morning I ride in. Sometimes I get rained on during the ride home, sometimes not. Right now my percentage has been pretty good. So, if the rain can hold off for a few more hours, I will be a happy camper.

Someone posted a link to the WISH facebook page several pages ago. I am also on facebook but do not get too caught up in it.

Liz, maybe you would be ready for another trip to DW in a month? You seem like the best person to initiate someone into JR's!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #7
TnTsParty
DIS Veteran

Happy April everyone. I for one would LOVE a few snow storms - sounds a whole lot better then the 90's we are expecting (ok so maybe it was 88 but it still feels like 90) How did it go from spring to summer practically overnight? The only hint of spring is the flowers and blooming trees.

Bryan - just wanted to know if I should report my March total in this thread or go back to the other. I figured I will just post it here to make it easy since we should all be over here today.

38.3 miles run
+ 4.1 mile bike = 42.4 miles
+ 13.1 miles (doubled for 1/2 marathon)
= 55.5 miles total
Total time was 500 minutes - 8 hours 20 minutes
Disney Races ~ TOT 13k 2007~1:36:12 ~ Minnie 15k 2008~1:49:39 ~ EEC w/DH ~ Disney 26.2 Marathon 2009~5:44:28 ~ Princess 1/2 Marathon ~2:32:15 ~ 2010 Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge~1/2 Marathon 2:54:27~Full Marathon 6:02:48 ~ 2011 Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge #2 ~1/2 Marathon 2:44:18~Full Marathon 5:46:54

Missing my BEST Brother in Law ~ Erik 04/30/1971~04/30/2009 ~ you're in our thoughts EVERYDAY
TnTsParty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #8
ironz
could always use some pixie dust

Hi, Gang...Spreadsheet is updated...I still need to add in my stuff.

We're doing great!!! Nearly 5000 miles since Feb. 1!

A few people have disappeared....you know you can jump back in at any time! No worries if you have fallen off the workout program for a while. Life gets in the way sometimes. Your place on the spreadsheet is still there for you!

Ronda, you ended your week on 3/28....it gets a little weird at the end of the month, as we finish the month on the last real day of the month. If you want to add in your last few days of March, let me know. or we'll put it into April, but then you'll be reporting at an odd time compared to everyone. Just wanted to let you know. It's not a big deal, but since we're doing a monthly tally, it helps to have an endpoint each month.

Tricia...your post is noted....I check both threads. will get it updated by this afternoon (when I get mine in there).

"The miles aren't going to run themselves."

ironz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #9
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Not sure how I overlooked that we are now ending with each month.
Here are my miles/minutes for the last few days of March.
370 minutes 12.8 miles
Old 04-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #10
twotoohappy
Lovin' Pete!
I'll be the one in the evil scar shirt... he he he
Don't bother clapping, it gives the TF a headache ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoff View Post

Someone posted a link to the WISH facebook page several pages ago. I am also on facebook but do not get too caught up in it.

Liz, maybe you would be ready for another trip to DW in a month? You seem like the best person to initiate someone into JR's!
I'm always up for a trip!
I'm on facebook too! I'm on the groups WISH and Jellyrolls (name-Jedimaster Aayla Secura of course)
and my pic is - surprise... the Jellyrolls logo

Rich and Bryan - thanks again for miles/time!
It keeps me motivated knowing that I have such support here

I'll start off the quote this month from one of my fav movies...
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate."

Stay dry little duckies and keep waddling!
twotoohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #11
Hey Mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotoohappy View Post
I'll start off the quote this month from one of my fav movies...
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate."
Ah, not just a great line from a great mocie -- Cool Hand Luke -- but also highly appropriate in light of my failure to report the rest of my March time! My miles dropped off a bit as i did less biking and more wogging (or waddling, i suppose). And, in full disclosure, i just lost my motivation soemwhere between an appellate brief that needed to be written and a dissertation that needed to be researched.

Okay, enough excuses and whining. Everyone's busy, so i am stiffening my resolve to get it together and do better in April. And without further ado, here is what I've got for March:

through 3/31:
5.5 hours
19.6 miles

P.S. Augie, hope you stayed dry -- I got April Fooled into going out for a walk with the dog w/o an umbrella and got doused.

P.P.S. I'm on FB as well and recently joined the WISH group after Tracy kindly posted the link for me in the March DDD thread.

Hey Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #12
deekaypee
Mouseketeer
Ah, life in my Disney daydream is good

Helloooo, DDDs! I hate to do a drive-by, but this one's for Bryan and/or Betsy.

Bryan and/or Betsy, when you get a chance, can you check your team roster against the one on the first page of the recruitment thread? I'm temporarily placing people on teams until Susie returns, and want to make sure teams remain balanced when new requests come in. If you've got WISHers who dropped out, let me know. I'm keeping the updated, April rosters on this post.

Sounds like some of my little ducklings could use with a little distraction from the WTO/LTO blues. So, how about the dancing banana. My, how....warped. I'll bet Erica could write a dissertation on the implications of that smilie!
... ................
deekaypee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:24 PM   #13
Hey Mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deekaypee View Post
Sounds like some of my little ducklings could use with a little distraction from the WTO/LTO blues. So, how about the dancing banana. My, how....warped. I'll bet Erica could write a dissertation on the implications of that smilie!
To paraphrase Papa Sigmund, sometimes a dancing banana is just a dancing banana.....

Hey Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:44 PM   #14
twotoohappy
Lovin' Pete!
I'll be the one in the evil scar shirt... he he he
Don't bother clapping, it gives the TF a headache ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Mickey View Post
To paraphrase Papa Sigmund, sometimes a dancing banana is just a dancing banana.....
Ok, I almost just fried my computer when I spit out my tea reading that one!

Now that should be a tag fairy tag!!!!!!
twotoohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #15
bubba73

Hey gang! We have had a lot of interaction here today. That's great! It is so motivating and encouraging to me to see the team supporting each other. Very awesome!!

Last month, I asked the question about when everyone's birthday is so we can all celebrate with you. Here is the list of the team members. It will show who has and has not shared with the others. Nothing major. Just wanted to be able to support our teammates on their special day!

Bryan - March 12th
Betsy -
Liz -
Vic -
Sharon - September 21st
Erica - February 9th
Augie - November 25th
Rich - December 17th
Jenn (NJ) - September 27th
Tricia - November 27th
Kira - July 14th
Mike -
Ronda -
Lisa - January 11th (That is the same as my Mom!!!)
Beth -
Carol - July 1st
Jenn (22) -
Missy - August 29th

Going by the list, we don't have anyone in the month of April but we do have a very good friend whose birthday is coming up. On April 9th, it is Debra's birthday (deekaypee). I think it would be pretty neat if we all went over and hi-jacked the O'Hana thread that day and just wished her Happy Birthday.

Hope everyone is healthy and happy!
Bryan

Recent Trips:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: