Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2009, 11:40 PM   #106
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Why hello! I'm joining in as well, I haven't read much yet, but I will! We're going to be there at the same time (I'm the 25th to the 1st), I'll see if we have any dinners planned near each other (hopefully those plans will work out next week..)

I have a pre-trip report too, if you're interested....
to my madness So glad you popped in!! I'll come visit you over in your PTR

I am posting new & improved ADRs in a few moments. I am at a total loss as to the remaining restaurants (HELP!! )

Quote:
I just wanted to add really quick - if you're going on the 26th, don't you make your reservations on Thursday? I'm making mine on Wednesday. Or do I have mine wrong? !!!
If its Thursday (of next week, right?) then THANK GOODNESS!! It gives me one mroe day to figure it all out, if not, back to being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
That is too funny! So how many more do you need? What do you have so far maybe I can make some suggestions!
I'll post them in my next post, I think I am missing like 4-5 meals...Help! Colleen!!

Disneyland...Premium AP since '94...too many trips to count *~* WDW...2005 ASM/CSR ~ 2007 POFQ ~ 2009 CSR ~ 2012 CBR ~ 2015 Wilderness Lodge ~ 2017 AKL
Old 05-22-2009, 12:00 AM   #107
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

New & improved ADRs - Help is Necessary, Resistance is Futile

Alright, alright, I know, I think I've watched too much Star Trek this week, sorry about the title to the post...having one of those days where I'm starting to get a little too punchy for my own good.

Now onto the fun stuff, folks...Need some help (desperately )

Here is our ADR list...CS meals (there are 3) we will pay OOP, the rest goes on the Dining Plan. I do need with some suggestions with the blanks. Thanks in advance gang!!!

Wed, 8/26 - Downtown Disney
Dinner - Wolfgang Puck Express (OOP)

Thurs, 8/27 Animal Kingdom
Breakfast - Tusker House
Lunch - Yak & Yeti
Dinner - Grand Gathering, AK

Fri, 8/28 Magic Kingdom
Breakfast - Cinderella's Royal Table
Lunch - Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner - Kona Café, Polynesian

Sat, 8/29 Disney Hollywood Studios
Breakfast - Pepper Market
Lunch - Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre
Dinner - Hollywood Brown Derby

Sun, 8/30 EPCOT, World Showcase
Breakfast - 1900 Park Fare, Grand Floridian
Lunch - Chefs de France, France
Dinner - Restaurant Marrakech, Morocco

Mon, 8/31 EPCOT, Future World
Lunch - Teppan Edo, Japan
Dinner - Garden Grill

Tues, 9/1 DTD/Water Parks
Breakfast - Cape May Café, BC
Lunch - Beaches & Cream
Dinner - Hoop Dee Doo Review

Wed, 9/2 Free Day
Breakfast - Kona Café, Polynesian
Lunch - Le Cellier, Canada
Dinner - O'Hana, Polynesian

Thurs, 9/3 Free Day
Breakfast - The Wave, CR
Lunch - Raglan Road
Dinner - Narcoossee's, Grand Floridian

Fri, 9/4 Free Day (MNNSHP Night)
Breakfast -
Lunch - San Angel Inn, Mexico
(MNSSHP)Dinner -

Disneyland...Premium AP since '94...too many trips to count *~* WDW...2005 ASM/CSR ~ 2007 POFQ ~ 2009 CSR ~ 2012 CBR ~ 2015 Wilderness Lodge ~ 2017 AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2009, 08:07 AM   #108
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyquilter View Post

Alright, alright, I know, I think I've watched too much Star Trek this week, sorry about the title to the post...having one of those days where I'm starting to get a little too punchy for my own good.

Now onto the fun stuff, folks...Need some help (desperately )

Here is our ADR list...CS meals (there are 3) we will pay OOP, the rest goes on the Dining Plan. I do need with some suggestions with the blanks. Thanks in advance gang!!!

Wed, 8/26 - Downtown Disney
Dinner - Wolfgang Puck Express (OOP)

Thurs, 8/27 Animal Kingdom
Breakfast - Tusker House
Lunch - Yak & Yeti
Dinner - Grand Gathering, AK

Fri, 8/28 Magic Kingdom
Breakfast - Cinderella's Royal Table
Lunch - Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner - Kona Café, Polynesian

Sat, 8/29 Disney Hollywood Studios
Lunch - Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre
Dinner - Hollywood Brown Derby

Sun, 8/30 EPCOT, World Showcase
Breakfast - 1900 Park Fare, Grand Floridian
Lunch - Chefs de France, France
Dinner - Restaurant Marrakech, Morocco

Mon, 8/31 EPCOT, Future World
Lunch - Teppan Edo, Japan
Dinner - Garden Grill

Tues, 9/1 DTD/Water Parks
Breakfast - Cape May Café, BC
Lunch - Beaches & Cream
Dinner - Hoop Dee Doo Review

Wed, 9/2 Free Day
Breakfast - Kona Café, Polynesian
Lunch - Le Cellier, Canada
Dinner - O'Hana, Polynesian

Thurs, 9/3 Free Day
Breakfast - The Wave, CR
Lunch - Raglan Road
Dinner - Narcoossee's, Grand Floridian

Breakfast -
(MNSSHP)Dinner -
Oh! Christine your not that bad off! Well what about Grand Floridian Cafe I hear the food is really good never tried it but it's on my list this time! Or There's Tony's Town Square that gets some mixed reviews which I don't get because most are good some are bad! I've never eaten there yet But a friend has and likes it! We are doing the Good Morning GG there! I don't see Chef Mickey's do you guys not like it? I maybe actually downgrading back to the reg FDP and not doing deluxe but I'm keeping all my GG's and filling in the Gaps with some other restaurants and the rest we would be paying OOP. We have some things happening here with the possible placement of a Foster child in the next few months and we have to redo DD's room and take out the loft bed and put in 2 new single beds etc... So it's a hard decision but I have to decide by today so I know what I'm doing come Tuesday! But I still benefit by doing the GG's and HDDMR the tips are included and we experience something we've never done before and thats what I like to try and do when we goto disney!
What about Akershurus with the princesses? or do the Epcot GG with us that would be 2 credits! and tips is included!!!!!! Did you ever try Coral Reef ? That is really neat in there! and the food was good.
Planet Hollywood in Dtd is really neat! The food was good there also! There's always Crystal Palace in MK also it also gets mixed reviews we haven't eaten there in a few years but when we did it was just fine! Our must do every trip is Chef Mickey's the kids love it!
Oh and by the way if you arrive on the 26th you day for ADR's is definitely Thursday! I arrive the 24th and my day is Tuesday!

Last edited by Goofy22; 05-22-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:12 AM   #109
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
to my madness So glad you popped in!! I'll come visit you over in your PTR

I am posting new & improved ADRs in a few moments. I am at a total loss as to the remaining restaurants (HELP!! )

If its Thursday (of next week, right?) then THANK GOODNESS!! It gives me one mroe day to figure it all out, if not, back to being

I'll post them in my next post, I think I am missing like 4-5 meals...Help! Colleen!!
Zero to Hero if you are arriving on the 25th then your Day is definitely Wednesday ,May 27th! Disney Quilter is arrriving a day after you so her ADR's would be the day after yours Thursday the 28th of May! I amd Arriving the 24th and I make my Adr's on Tuesday the 26th of May. I hope you all have that staright now ! I don't want you to miss getting your ADR's!
Old 05-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #110
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:

Don't be the guy wearing a red shirt when visiting a new planet LOL

Breakfast -
(MNSSHP)Dinner -
Looks like you're just missing a breakfast on your Sept. 4 free day - how about Chef Mickey/s? That was the only ADR we had last time and we had a great time there - I danced with Pluto, so it's all good
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 05-23-2009, 11:04 AM   #111
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Let the stress and headaches begin!

Not sounding good at all!!!

OK just an update I was wandering around over on the restaurant board and it sounds like there are major issues with our week with ADR's! Some CM's are saying that all of the restaurants have not yet uploaded their availability for our week yet and some are saying there is a system error happening anyways! The point is not many PPL are having luck with their ADR's that are calling in today to make them for the week or days prior to us! They are being told to call back later and it should be all worked out! Seems as though only buffets are open for availability and a very few other sit downs. I'm thinking Disney needs to get on the ball and get this fixed if ppl can't get one TS per day at Places like Chef's De France, Tutto Italia, Leceiller, Tony's, Teppan Edo, Tusker Hse, Yak n Yeti, and etc.. all the ones we have on our lists! Then how are Deluxe Diners going to get 3 per day booked????? C R A Z Y!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:55 AM   #112
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Quote:
Not sounding good at all!!!

OK just an update I was wandering around over on the restaurant board and it sounds like there are major issues with our week with ADR's! Some CM's are saying that all of the restaurants have not yet uploaded their availability for our week yet and some are saying there is a system error happening anyways! The point is not many PPL are having luck with their ADR's that are calling in today to make them for the week or days prior to us! They are being told to call back later and it should be all worked out! Seems as though only buffets are open for availability and a very few other sit downs. I'm thinking Disney needs to get on the ball and get this fixed if ppl can't get one TS per day at Places like Chef's De France, Tutto Italia, Leceiller, Tony's, Teppan Edo, Tusker Hse, Yak n Yeti, and etc.. all the ones we have on our lists! Then how are Deluxe Diners going to get 3 per day booked????? C R A Z Y!!!!
WHAT!?! This weekend hasn't been good at all and I get this crazy message

Tell me you found out more Colleen (meaning you have found out all is good and right with the world of Disney Dining and we won't have issues)!! I'm scared I make mine on Thursday (GAH!!!) Tell me how yours works out.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:58 AM   #113
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

I hear it's been fixed and everything is in the system, but it's still having issues (like you have to give a time range to get stuff, you can't say 6:30, it has to be from 6 to 7 or something)
Old 05-25-2009, 01:03 AM   #114
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Quote:
I hear it's been fixed and everything is in the system, but it's still having issues (like you have to give a time range to get stuff, you can't say 6:30, it has to be from 6 to 7 or something)
Keeping my fingers crossed that things work out for all of us because you make your ADRs on Tues or Wed right?

Old 05-25-2009, 01:06 AM   #115
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Keeping my fingers crossed that things work out for all of us because you make your ADRs on Tues or Wed right?
Wednesday - I wish Tuesday! At this point I'm stressing out over them so much, even though Lou is saying whatever we get, we get, because it's still all free. But I know we went through and picked restaurants we really wanted, which was hard, because there were so many choices. So I feel obligated to get them!
Old 05-25-2009, 01:13 AM   #116
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Quote:
Wednesday - I wish Tuesday! At this point I'm stressing out over them so much, even though Lou is saying whatever we get, we get, because it's still all free. But I know we went through and picked restaurants we really wanted, which was hard, because there were so many choices. So I feel obligated to get them!
I hear ya sister! We are going on the DxDDP and stressin' huge...well, not too huge of a stress because I am pretty flexible with most of my options.

Keep me posted...I'm sure you'll post your experience on your Pre-Trippie, right?

Old 05-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #117
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hear ya sister! We are going on the DxDDP and stressin' huge...well, not too huge of a stress because I am pretty flexible with most of my options.

Keep me posted...I'm sure you'll post your experience on your Pre-Trippie, right?
Oh gosh, yep. I'll probably be sitting there on the phone & computer, describing my agonizing wait. Heard any news on online dining for tomorrow, or no?
Old 05-25-2009, 01:05 PM   #118
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

OK! You folks probably don't want to hear what I have to say then! I called today trying to get ADRs for a friend who arrives the day before I! And I got 11 days worth of ADR's but it was pure Hell! and I am soo not looking foward to tommorrow! I was on the phone for an Hr and Five minutes!

Just lets say from 8/23 thru about 8/31 it was almost impossible to get anything at the following places unless you were eating at 8:30pm or later! Leceiller, Teppan Edo, Garden Grill, Chef Mickey's, Sci Fi Dine Inn, Tutto Italia, Mama Melrose, 50's Prime Time, Hoolywood and Vine etc.. and if it was an EMH night you may as well forget it!!!! Here's what I got by changing days and times and note they are only a party of 3 1 AD and 2 Jr.s

8/23 Wolf Gang Puck Cafe 7:30pm

8/24 O'hana 5:05pm

8/25 Grand Floridian Cafe 5:05pm

8/26 Sci Fi Dine Inn 5:30pm

8/27 Garden Grill 545pm

8/28 Chef Mickeys 635pm

8/29 Planet Hollywood 500pm

8/30 Tony's Town Square 5:05pm

9/1 1900 Parkfare 5:35pm

9/2 Leceiller 5:35pm

I would suggest making those ones you really want later in your trip or maybe doing them for lunch not dinner! It seemed the further into Sept the better this may work for you DQ!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:55 PM   #119
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Quote:
OK! You folks probably don't want to hear what I have to say then! I called today trying to get ADRs for a friend who arrives the day before I! And I got 11 days worth of ADR's but it was pure Hell! and I am soo not looking foward to tommorrow! I was on the phone for an Hr and Five minutes!

Just lets say from 8/23 thru about 8/31 it was almost impossible to get anything at the following places unless you were eating at 8:30pm or later! Leceiller, Teppan Edo, Garden Grill, Chef Mickey's, Sci Fi Dine Inn, Tutto Italia, Mama Melrose, 50's Prime Time, Hoolywood and Vine etc.. and if it was an EMH night you may as well forget it!!!! Here's what I got by changing days and times and note they are only a party of 3 1 AD and 2 Jr.s

8/23 Wolf Gang Puck Cafe 7:30pm

8/24 O'hana 5:05pm

8/25 Grand Floridian Cafe 5:05pm

8/26 Sci Fi Dine Inn 5:30pm

8/27 Garden Grill 545pm

8/28 Chef Mickeys 635pm

8/29 Planet Hollywood 500pm

8/30 Tony's Town Square 5:05pm

9/1 1900 Parkfare 5:35pm

9/2 Leceiller 5:35pm

I would suggest making those ones you really want later in your trip or maybe doing them for lunch not dinner! It seemed the further into Sept the better this may work for you DQ!
$#%@$ *insert expletive here*

Old 05-26-2009, 12:03 AM   #120
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Quote:
Oh gosh, yep. I'll probably be sitting there on the phone & computer, describing my agonizing wait. Heard any news on online dining for tomorrow, or no?
Hey Girl~no, haven't heard anything except what I've heard from my TA who told me last week, who knows when that will be up...she also said it might be a freakin' nightmare until the kinks get worked out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: