Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #16
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
Yep, I'm in! This PTR sounds wonderful and I'm looking forward to reading it

We'll be there just after you all Hey, I sounded a bit southern there, didn't I?!
to my first Pre-Trippie!! Sit back, relax, another post will be up soon (I'm working on it while I really should be working )

That's a bummer that we'll be missing each other. I think between me & OneTreeHillAddict & Goofy22, we'll all have some great stories to share and some great photos.

What dates are you going? Are you going to MNSSHP?

Stay Tuned...

Disneyland...Premium AP since '94...too many trips to count *~* WDW...2005 ASM/CSR ~ 2007 POFQ ~ 2009 CSR ~ 2012 CBR ~ 2015 Wilderness Lodge ~ 2017 AKL
Old 04-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #17
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyquilter View Post
to my first Pre-Trippie!! Sit back, relax, another post will be up soon (I'm working on it while I really should be working )

That's a bummer that we'll be missing each other. I think between me & OneTreeHillAddict & Goofy22, we'll all have some great stories to share and some great photos.

What dates are you going? Are you going to MNSSHP?

Stay Tuned...
Thanks for the nice welcome!

I'm not exactly sure what our dates will end up being - I booked ASMu with FD for Sept. 12-26, but we'll only be staying 7 or 8 nights within that time frame. It all depends on the flights I find I hope we'll be able to go to MNSSHP (it looks like a lot of fun!), but that will depend on how much we spend on our flights kwim?
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2009, 05:26 PM   #18
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

You may be asking yourself, how many times has this kooky Disney-lovin’,Twilight-totin’ broad been to Walt Disney World…well, twice.

Yes, folks, that’s it. See, living on the West coast causes us just a little logistical problem: We are 3,000 miles away!!!

But, on the upside of that…we do have Disneyland, so I guess I can’t complain too much, right?

We have gone to WDW two times in the past: once in August 2005 (the beginning) and the second time in January 2007 (with the in-laws). We seem to be setting the trend of every other year. Since I am working full time now, we will probably start going every year (here’s to keeping my fingers crossed).

Anyway, here’s the Who? What? Where? When? Equation:

The “Who”:

Well, as said in my last post, it’s me (33 y/o), my DH, Kevin (33 y/o), my DD#1 (will be 12 y/o when we go) & DD#2 (10 y/o).

In addition, the always fun OneTreeHillAddict & Goofy22 and their families will be meeting up with us during this trip.

MY FIRST DIS MEET! YAHOO!!! Can you tell, am I excited or what?

The “When”:

Ok, we’ve gone to WDW in January and LOVED it. Total sweatshirt weather. I mean, DH and I cannot really tolerate heat, so January 2007 was perfect.

When we visited WDW for the first time in 2005, we went in August and it was HOT. Hot doesn’t even describe it.

See in good ol’ Orange County, California, the term “hot” means 100 degrees and DRY heat.

In Florida that so means something different. This means, WET, RAINY, and just WET. Whether it is raining or not, we were sweating Even when you did cool down while riding Splash Mountain, you were still wet 5 hours later. How does that happen?

But (and this is the White Elephant “But” in the room), we wanted Deluxe Dining and we wanted it for the “normal” dining price. Everyone knows what that means…FREE DINING (the crowd goes wild). And we all know that Free Dining is offered at the end of August through September. When it’s HOT

Since my older DD, Bella, starts Jr. High school in September (hopefully after Labor Day), and taking her out of school for 10 days is no longer really an option, we thought we better get used to the idea of going during the summer. My DH works for a school district so the end of summer is always best. I thought, may as well take advantage of the Free Dining Extravaganza they have every year, right? RIGHT!

Well, Deluxe Dining it is. WOOT! WOOT! Everyone do the Snoopy dance with me now!

So, our dates are as follows:

Wednesday, August 26, 2009-Friday, September 4, 2009

Now, OneTreeHillAddict, has informed me that MNSSHP will be starting on the 4th. Well, Holy Batwings Robin!!! I might just have to stay until September 5th. Keep your fingers crossed, folks, that I can convince DH to stay that extra day and go to the party. Lord knows, I don’t want to be the only gal who didn’t go to the ball.

The “Where”:

We were hemming and hawing about where we wanted to stay this year. Done a Value the first 2 days of the first trip, did a Moderate the last 5 days and all of the last trip, now, do we upgrade to a Deluxe?

We contemplated the “where to stay” question with a slew of pros and cons…
pro #1 “We’ve never stayed at a Deluxe”
con #1- “It’s a lot of money”
pro #2 – “I’ve always wanted to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge”
con #2 – “Are we in the room that much?”

You get my drift…this went on for a couple months.

We finally came to the decision that we are not in the room enough to justify the cost. In the end, we decided we LOVED Coronado Springs when we were there in ’05. Loved the grounds, loved the atmosphere, and had nothing but great things to say about it.

So, it was decided Coronado Springs.

OMGoodness, now we are onto the “Where”…since we all know “where” we are going, I decided to name it:

“Where’s the Food?!”… My list of all the YUMMY places we will be eating at, is coming up...

: So, until next time….who can name this Disney movie :

When John Baxter inherits a ski resort in the Rocky Mountains, he quits his job in New York and moves the family west to run it. Only to find that the place is a wreck. But together they decide to try to fix it up and run it. But Martin Ridgeway, who wants the property, does everything he can to ensure it will fail. ~Description of movie from imdb.com~

Disneyland...Premium AP since '94...too many trips to count *~* WDW...2005 ASM/CSR ~ 2007 POFQ ~ 2009 CSR ~ 2012 CBR ~ 2015 Wilderness Lodge ~ 2017 AKL
Old 04-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #19
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Goofy22! I can't wait to meet you too! My youngest DD is 10 y/o and my oldest DD is 12 y/o (well, she will 12 y/o in July). You totally have to write another one or at least do a TR when you get back. I love reading TR's too but I haven't had time lately (started in a new dept), but it's a slow time at work so I am able to get on the boards more. Now I can finally get caught up with OneTreeHillAddict's newest Trippie. I'm going to post my dining plans tomorrow. Where are y'all eating? How many days are you staying?

Totally booking Teppan Edo! We love that place. What day do you guys plan on going? I am super excited about MNSSHP! We need to meet up somewhere that night? Maybe dinner? Or a Dole Whip?
I can't believe all the kids are like 2 yrs from each other My Daughter Devon being the oldest and Tammy's lil guy Caison is the youngest. At least my DD will be somewhat happy that she has a few close to her age! She's going to be 15 the second week of September she is a freshman this year. I can't weait to meet eveyone also! I've never done a DIS meet before! We are doing 3 GG's with Tammy and Family! I'm still tweeking my adr's not quite sure on some of them and waiting on park hours! We definitely have Teppan Edo on are list also never been there but reading Onetreehilladdicts TR I can't wait to go! lol! Unfortunately we cannot stay the extra day for MNSSHP because arifare is booked and I refuse to pay $75 per person to change it! We leave the day prior! We are booked 8/24- 9/3 and we were originally booked at Coronado Springs always wanted to try a value and switched back to POP! Now I am debating trying a moderate again as I have never done this! Before my value stay we stayed at DVC my father has a timeshare in DVC! We were spoiled but love POP! But I still want to try a moderate I'm going to run the numbers and see if DH agrees! It was easy to talk him into the Deluxe dining so IDK if that means upgrading will be hard or easy! I'm thinking on the PTR! I will definitely let you know if I do it over! I'm getting so excited it's getting so close!
Old 04-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #20
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
I can't believe all the kids are like 2 yrs from each other My Daughter Devon being the oldest and Tammy's lil guy Caison is the youngest. At least my DD will be somewhat happy that she has a few close to her age! She's going to be 15 the second week of September she is a freshman this year. I can't weait to meet eveyone also! I've never done a DIS meet before! We are doing 3 GG's with Tammy and Family! I'm still tweeking my adr's not quite sure on some of them and waiting on park hours! We definitely have Teppan Edo on are list also never been there but reading Onetreehilladdicts TR I can't wait to go! lol! Unfortunately we cannot stay the extra day for MNSSHP because arifare is booked and I refuse to pay $75 per person to change it! We leave the day prior! We are booked 8/24- 9/3 and we were originally booked at Coronado Springs always wanted to try a value and switched back to POP! Now I am debating trying a moderate again as I have never done this! Before my value stay we stayed at DVC my father has a timeshare in DVC! We were spoiled but love POP! But I still want to try a moderate I'm going to run the numbers and see if DH agrees! It was easy to talk him into the Deluxe dining so IDK if that means upgrading will be hard or easy! I'm thinking on the PTR! I will definitely let you know if I do it over! I'm getting so excited it's getting so close!
I am bouncing-off-the-walls excited!! My girls are so jazzed. I am thinking we will surprise them with staying the extra day and MNSSHP. We'll see how long I can keep my trap shut

I really should change the title of my Pre-Trippie to reflect our new dates though since we extended it one day. YIPEE!!! 11 days at the World.

Here's a little (pixie dust) that DH will let you upgrade to a Moderate.

When is everyone going to Teppan Edo??? We are doing it, we just don't know which day.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #21
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Hey guys!!

Haven't fallen off the face of the world yet. I haven't had a chance to work on my next installment, but I am doing it tonight when I get home.

I hope everyone's having a great Saturday!!!

Old 04-05-2009, 01:09 AM   #22
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

I was on here early this morning and haven't been since it's like 2am right now! LOL! Idk what's going to happen with the upgrade! We maybe taking in one of my DD's friends as a foster for awhile! It's a long story! So if that's the case we'll have to stay at Pop and add on a room and a person. I won't know anything for probably a few days i tried to contact the person about it and got no answer so Mon I am going to speak to the supervisor to get the ball rolling if possible! I want to do this but I don't ! I just got done raising my niece she just turned 19 in december I took her in when she was 15yrs old and she put me through pure hell!But I got her to goto school! "challenge it was!!not easy by no means!" and she graduated last June! I am happy with that because had she stayed home she wouldn't have even done that! And this girl is kinda similar to my niece in a way but has a few more problems and it took me over 2 weeks to finally decide ok i'll try! She is 14 like my dd but her mom died when she was young and has encounterd some other problems. I'm just hoping that I can do good for her if it works out! I can see this child going down the path of distruction so I feel I need to try and help! I hope me and DH made the right decision with trying to help her! We'll see what happens after I talk to the proper authorities monday ! I'll update you than.I'll check back tommorrow sometime to see if you got your update in!
Old 04-05-2009, 08:55 AM   #23
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Hey you guys! I need to update everything and I still haven't located my chicken scratch ADR's....it's just too nice out and sunny after raining all week. Motivate me! Our hours should be released shortly! I see July is up. I have a new goal too. I want to lose at least 40 pounds before I come in August! I have never dieted in my life but I think now might be the time to change my lifestyle completely. I'm going for a long bike ride on the beach later today. (And the kids are challenging me to more Wii fitness) We'll see what happens. I need to decide today whether or not I'm adding on those extra days too...as dining. I've added them but as of right now it's room only. I can not wait for the party!
Old 04-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #24
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Hey you guys! I need to update everything and I still haven't located my chicken scratch ADR's....it's just too nice out and sunny after raining all week. Motivate me! Our hours should be released shortly! I see July is up. I have a new goal too. I want to lose at least 40 pounds before I come in August! I have never dieted in my life but I think now might be the time to change my lifestyle completely. I'm going for a long bike ride on the beach later today. (And the kids are challenging me to more Wii fitness) We'll see what happens. I need to decide today whether or not I'm adding on those extra days too...as dining. I've added them but as of right now it's room only. I can not wait for the party!
Sounds good Tammy! We can do this together because I want to loose at least 50 if not 60 before august and have been having a hard time with it!
But I definitely need to! It's gorgeous out here also I came on for a min to check out updates! I'll check back tonight!
Old 04-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #25
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Sounds good Tammy! We can do this together because I want to loose at least 50 if not 60 before august and have been having a hard time with it!
But I definitely need to! It's gorgeous out here also I came on for a min to check out updates! I'll check back tonight!
I started eating better today and I will be sticking to it! We'll definitely have even more reason to celebrate huh?
Old 04-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #26
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I started eating better today and I will be sticking to it! We'll definitely have even more reason to celebrate huh?

Definitely!
Old 04-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #27
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
[SIZE="3"][FONT="Century Gothic"]In addition, the always fun OneTreeHillAddict & Goofy22 and their families will be meeting up with us during this trip.

MY FIRST DIS MEET! YAHOO!!! Can you tell, am I excited or what?

When we visited WDW for the first time in 2005, we went in August and it was HOT. Hot doesn’t even describe it.
Are you sure you don't wanna do the Epcot dinner with us too? We'd love to have ya! I'm about to take a long jacuzzi and redo all my ADR's. When I'm done I'll send ya'll a list. Sure things could change but it's a pretty good list and estimate right?

Dis Meet

And I wanted to ask...what were your dates in 2005? I was there then too. I think my package was from Aug 13th-23rd. That was the first year we did free dining.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #28
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you sure you don't wanna do the Epcot dinner with us too? We'd love to have ya! I'm about to take a long jacuzzi and redo all my ADR's. When I'm done I'll send ya'll a list. Sure things could change but it's a pretty good list and estimate right?

Dis Meet

And I wanted to ask...what were your dates in 2005? I was there then too. I think my package was from Aug 13th-23rd. That was the first year we did free dining.
We'll all have to get our adr list out here! I'm going to rework my list according to july for now and hopefully august will be close! Tammy 2005 was the first year we went in October we loved it but haven't been back since because of free dining! Did you decide where you are staying in August yet? hey! Christine where are you out enjoying the great spring weather?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #29
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Quote:
I was on here early this morning and haven't been since it's like 2am right now! LOL! Idk what's going to happen with the upgrade! We maybe taking in one of my DD's friends as a foster for awhile! It's a long story! So if that's the case we'll have to stay at Pop and add on a room and a person. I won't know anything for probably a few days i tried to contact the person about it and got no answer so Mon I am going to speak to the supervisor to get the ball rolling if possible! I want to do this but I don't ! I just got done raising my niece she just turned 19 in december I took her in when she was 15yrs old and she put me through pure hell!But I got her to goto school! "challenge it was!!not easy by no means!" and she graduated last June! I am happy with that because had she stayed home she wouldn't have even done that! And this girl is kinda similar to my niece in a way but has a few more problems and it took me over 2 weeks to finally decide ok i'll try! She is 14 like my dd but her mom died when she was young and has encounterd some other problems. I'm just hoping that I can do good for her if it works out! I can see this child going down the path of distruction so I feel I need to try and help! I hope me and DH made the right decision with trying to help her! We'll see what happens after I talk to the proper authorities monday ! I'll update you than.I'll check back tommorrow sometime to see if you got your update in!
OMGoodness...you sound like me though. When it comes to my kids and their friends, your heart goes out to them and you totally want to help. Let us know how that goes on Monday.

Quote:
Holy cow! I need to lose weight too but I have no self control whatsoever I will be as motivational as I can I'll keep chanting "You can do it!" "You can do it!"

We're here for you sister!

Old 04-05-2009, 09:51 PM   #30
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Quote:
Alright, alright, I definitely need to lose at least 40 pounds, so I am in. But I am starting on Monday because this weekend alone, I had a Chimichanga on Fri night at DL with a Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae chaser. Yesterday I had a Double-Double with ANimal Style Fries from In-&-Out and today I had three pieces of greasy pizza...I think I am going to be sick after actually hearing myself say those things out loud

Now I am definitely on board of this diet thing.

Quote:
Good for you!!! What are you doing different? What is your regimen? Are you eating differently (obviously not having what I just listed above).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: