Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
bucky925
Earning My Ears

Just booked my December magication

First things first. This is my first post and a BIG thanks to all here. I have been reading for days planning my trip. Even though this isn't my family's first trip, I have gained so much information from this board it is unbelievable.
Now for the details.
I will be leaving NC early on Dec. 14th and arrive in the "World" around 9am. We will be staying in the AKL with a savanna view room. Staying for 4 nights and 5 full days account we will be leaving late in the evening on the 18th. We will be on the DDP and have park hopper passed for the full stay.
My party will consist of Me, my Wife and 2 daughters. OK OK I will sub-come to per pressure and call them DD20 and DD16 but please don't tell my coworkers (I am a locomotive mechanic and would never hear the end of it).
My oldest has been twice before, but this will be dd16 first visit (she came to our family at age 8 when she walked into my wife's classroom one day).
There are so many things I am looking forward to seeing such as all the resorts decorated for Christmas, the eating, I would like to eat at as many signature restaurants as possible and of course the MK Christmas party.
My only regret is not having the means to take a friend for my 16 year old.
I am just now reading all the dining reviews. Again thanks to all who have posted, (really great info there) and trying to make the best choices for all. Chime in with any tips or must do's for the teens, and we are looking forward to seeing you there. I am so excited I'm not sure I can wait six months.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
annnewjerz
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

Welcome to the DIS and more importantly congratulations on the trip!! From what I understand, there is no place like WDW around Christmas and I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

We'll be there from Dec. 12-18 this year staying at the Boardwalk Villas. Animal Kingdom looks like it is so pretty at Christmas, I'm sure you'll love it!

I know how it feels to have a PTR and no readers, so I'm subbing---can't wait to hear more details.

I have a PTR for our December trip here and a PTR for our trip from NJ just for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party here! Feel free to check em out if you have a chance.

Ann
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
bucky925
Earning My Ears

The kids are already asking how the crowds will be. Soooo how about it all you Disneyholics? We have been during Easter (never again) and in Feb. almost had the parks to ourselves at times. I figure this will be in-between but I'm only guessing.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:46 PM   #4
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

We went Dec 17-22 2008 and we really did not think the crowds were bad. We expected much worse from what I read. We always go during school breaks or summer though do to DS school-so maybe we are immune to the crowds.

I will say this was my families favorite time of the year to go. Not only because of the decorations but the weather was great. We wore shorts the entire trip and went swimming. It was in the 80's most of the time and no rain at all.

MVMCP was so much fun. DH even liked it and he is more of an Epcot kind of guy.

Cant wait to hear more about your plans.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: